Luongo on the future of the USGP

mccread
Giuseppe Loungo spoke about the future of of the US GP in our latest interview, saying: “We would love to have MXGP in the future in USA, and this depends on many factors – first of all is the will of the American fans to have this event in USA and then for sure the support from the American industry.”

It seem it is not totally certain to return in 2019 yet, which would be a shame as it appeared to be gaining momentum. The USGP is always an exciting race on the calendar for sure so hopefully it will be back sooner rather than later!

You can read the full interview here.
|
Bidirella
3/2/2018 10:49am
The best thing Loungo can do is to stop with the USGP or keep it low budget.

In my eyes the last USGP was awesome, keep that race low budget and let it grow. Now he killed that again.

Going to Turkey and 2 times to Asia is just a big joke
ATKpilot99
3/2/2018 10:58am
20 rounds is excessive. The field can't stay healthy as it sits now.
keinz
3/2/2018 11:25am
Woww. Thats why 20 rounds

We think there are too many races before the MXGP season starts with lower level of track preparation, security, etc, and where (like every year) there are many injuries, and some top riders are excluded from MXGP due to these injuries. It’s probably time where professional riders and teams act like other major sports (F1, MotoGP, SBK, SX) and make their pre-season preparation and their first race is made at the first MXGP event.

Clearly this is important for the professional riders, it’s understandable for the semi-pro or
amateur riders to make more races.
Motofinne
3/2/2018 12:43pm
The USGP in WW ranch was awesome. I just can't understand why he isn't more willing to make it easier for an American track owner/promoter to build a tradition of an event. He tried with Glen Helen but it seems like the SoCal scene has absolutely zero interest in the GPs for some weird reason.

It's frustrating, the WW ranch had massive potential.

The Shop

Bidirella
3/2/2018 2:33pm
Motofinne wrote:
The USGP in WW ranch was awesome. I just can't understand why he isn't more willing to make it easier for an American track owner/promoter to...
The USGP in WW ranch was awesome. I just can't understand why he isn't more willing to make it easier for an American track owner/promoter to build a tradition of an event. He tried with Glen Helen but it seems like the SoCal scene has absolutely zero interest in the GPs for some weird reason.

Big Bummer, if they keep the USGP there more low budget it would turn out amazing in a few years. This year was already pretty good.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/2/2018 3:32pm
"and then for sure the support from the American industry.”

In other words, $$$$$$.
He's losing what is potentially one of the biggest markets for his sport by hoarding all the profitability. Not the business model I'd like to partner with if I were a track owner.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
3/2/2018 4:09pm
Motofinne wrote:
The USGP in WW ranch was awesome. I just can't understand why he isn't more willing to make it easier for an American track owner/promoter to...

SoCal has too many races to have just another race at Glen Helen, with only 1 or 2 AMA stars racing its not going to attract fans. Yes, the GP guys are awesome and just as fast as the top AMA guys, but the crowds in SoCal don't know them, and aren't going to pay $50-60 to watch people they don't really know race at Glen Helen. If the top 10 AMA guys from each class raced, then maybe it would be a success. Or maybe if the race was on a special track that normally isn't raced on like maybe a beach race or a grass track or a Castillo Ranch type race it could be original and exciting. The Glen Helen national has been well attended the past couple years, while the GPs were not.

With the 2 Anaheims, 1 San Diego, Glen Helen National and Phoenix/Vegas SX and Monster Energy Cup within a 4 hour drive it's just too many races in one geographic region for most fans. And I'm someone that goes to all of them.
Frank
3/2/2018 4:23pm
There is not a need for the sport to have World GP round in the states so why keep trying? Stop already. Its obvious american's do not care enough to attend. No loss. Watch the GP's this weekend. Look at the location and track. We cant host something like that successfully.

Post a reply to: Luongo on the future of the USGP

The Latest