Luke Renzland/Öhlins

Lastander
Edited Date/Time 3/27/2018 2:17pm
Props to Luke for his first podium, but was it a first for Öhlins also? I know Alessi rode with Öhlins a couple of years back, but have they ever had a podium in american mx/sx?
The swedish Gold has certainly lost its former glory of perhaps being the best suspension in the world back in the day, and as a Öhlins user myself id love to see them regain some sucess in pro mx/sx.

|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/27/2018 12:54pm
Not with Alessi as far as I'm aware. in 2012 when he finished second in the 450 outdoor title with a massive string of podiums, including a moto win at Washougal, he was on Showa suspension for his Suzuki.

In 2013, on Ohlins, he was 10th in the title and no overall podiums, his best finish being 5th overall three times early in the season.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/27/2018 12:57pm
Oh, I remember! Zach Osborne clicked off two podiums on Ohlins with his DRT Yamaha back in 2012...when he came over for the beginning stretch of the West coast 250 series.
Lastander
3/27/2018 1:02pm
ML512 wrote:
Oh, I remember! Zach Osborne clicked off two podiums on Ohlins with his DRT Yamaha back in 2012...when he came over for the beginning stretch of...
Oh, I remember! Zach Osborne clicked off two podiums on Ohlins with his DRT Yamaha back in 2012...when he came over for the beginning stretch of the West coast 250 series.
So not a first then after all! I wonder why Ohlins never got big in american mx/sx, since the hardware is legit i guess they didn't put any effort in signing pro's? I heard that Reed did some testing with them in his twotwo days and that he actually liked it, but im guessing the paycheck didn't match the others
PRM31
3/27/2018 1:09pm
Ohlins was great on my ‘80 RM125! Old school!

The Shop

lumpy790
3/27/2018 1:17pm
ML512 wrote:
Oh, I remember! Zach Osborne clicked off two podiums on Ohlins with his DRT Yamaha back in 2012...when he came over for the beginning stretch of...
Lastander wrote:
So not a first then after all! I wonder why Ohlins never got big in american mx/sx, since the hardware is legit i guess they didn't...
So not a first then after all! I wonder why Ohlins never got big in american mx/sx, since the hardware is legit i guess they didn't put any effort in signing pro's? I heard that Reed did some testing with them in his twotwo days and that he actually liked it, but im guessing the paycheck didn't match the others
Ohlins has been used in SX/MX for years.
HenryA
3/27/2018 1:46pm
ML512 wrote:
Lastander wrote:
So not a first then after all! I wonder why Ohlins never got big in american mx/sx, since the hardware is legit i guess they didn't...
MXdN a few years ago.... Cool

ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/27/2018 2:05pm
ML512 wrote:
Lastander wrote:
They've actually spent money sponsoring teams at different points, hardware plus straight money...MCR and efforts before it.

I think it just comes down to the lack of consistent development in Supercross. Pros that have either ended up on the stuff as privateers or rode with teams that were supported by them had good things to say about their outdoor settings...but not much positive comments in Supercross.

I think they've turned a corner in Supercross with some of the people involved pushing the hardware and development, along with how they're working with the team.
lumpy790
3/27/2018 2:17pm
I keep wanting to take a ride up to the warehouse in NC. Im about an hour away from them.

Post a reply to: Luke Renzland/Öhlins

The Latest