Luke Clout - USA plans

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2020 11:19 AM

Soooo I am hearing through the grapevine Clout is catching the interest of a number of teams here in the USA for 2021 and beyond (not surprised either).

As he came from CDR Yamaha (450) back in Aus I would be VERY interested to see how he does on a Star Yamaha (250) here in the USA?

Thoughts?

PS: let's remember, this is Shane's last go around on a 250 (will be ineligible come 2021). Solid replacement right there...

|

2/18/2020 11:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2020 11:36 AM

Watch out MX scene. Aussies bandwagon rolling all around the worldsmile

|

Power is nothing without control

2/18/2020 11:38 AM

Dude hasn't really set the world on fire so far. Would rather see someone like Carson Brown/Castillo get a shot on a more factory effort.

|

2/18/2020 11:51 AM

I think Luke is a great rider and after another 250 season would slot straight into a 450 team as a very solid number two rider.
He is a 450 rider!
He has had great rides this year aboard a small team that was learning the ropes this season.

|

2/18/2020 1:01 PM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

Dude hasn't really set the world on fire so far. Would rather see someone like Carson Brown/Castillo get a shot on a more ...more

and what has brown / castillo done? they have stood out far less than Clout to me...

|

2/18/2020 1:08 PM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

Dude hasn't really set the world on fire so far. Would rather see someone like Carson Brown/Castillo get a shot on a more ...more

Why would rather see them get a better ride then clout Photo.
Dont get ur logic...when u look at the results....

Or is just cause their usa riders....?

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

2/18/2020 1:15 PM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

struth wrote:

Or is just cause ...more

Points don't lie...

|

2/18/2020 1:33 PM

struth wrote:

Or is just cause ...more

honestly, Carson Brown

|

2/18/2020 1:53 PM

Would love to see clout on the 450. he got the speed to be top 10.

|

2/18/2020 2:02 PM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

cablecable wrote:

and what has brown / castillo done? they have stood out far less than Clout to me...

Totally. I don't remember either of them battling with Cooper, etc.

|

2/18/2020 2:05 PM

struth wrote:

Or is just cause ...more

He's a seattle guy. Pulling for the locals. Carson brown has definitely been doing much better this season, but to say hes more deserving that clout is crazy. Hopefully he does some nationals and gets some top 10s. With that hes for sure get a ride.

|

2/18/2020 2:15 PM

Brown has shitloads of potential, that's for sure. He's like 2nd or 3rd season pro right?

Hayes and Clout are kinda similar in career position. Won other titles in other places. Vet-ish. Trying to get it done.

Luke has surprised me a bit, not because I didn't think he had the speed, but mentally it's gotta be hard to get it right after last time and what happened in the Aus SX finals – seemed like maybe it got to him.

Good for him though, cool to see. Needs to get better in the whoops – he struggles there every lap. IN fact, he must be ripping, because he is visibly slower in the whoops sometimes but still goes well.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/18/2020 2:20 PM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

struth wrote:

Or is just cause ...more

Young riders with more learning to do. Give them a chance to continue their career arc before giving the ride to a vet

|

2/18/2020 3:04 PM

Clouts got the speed. Needs a comfortable base and program with pre season and he will be podium contender every race.

|

2/18/2020 3:21 PM

misterwaterfallin wrote:

struth wrote:

Or is just cause ...more

misterwaterfallin wrote:

Young riders with more learning to do. Give them a chance to continue their career arc before giving the ride to a vet

Clouts not old...I think 25 so def not in the Vet category yet haha

|

2/18/2020 3:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2020 3:55 PM

Hasn’t Hayes beat him a lot of rounds? shown some good solid results but the top 5/6 placing came once 2-3 factory guys were out injured or some one crashed on the last lap I mean yes you got to finish but he wasn’t on the same pace .i mean he is doing well and has a ton of sx experience in Australia riding 450 for last 3 or so years and 250 sx before that but is it as good as guys his age like Ferrandis and Roczen and Shane turning 26yrs not that that’s old and then theres a thing of if it’s only a sx ride . Pretty sure clout was here in the states racing living training ect a while back for a few years and didn’t do anything eye catching back then in outdoors on a team so maybe solid riders a bit younger like hantraft ( only got his factory ride this year ) can fill that back up spot or extra rider , and by the looks on the setup Penrith did it was pretty professional very similar to other factory teams here , well it is a factory team just Australian factory but not on the same caliber as some other privateers gettin in top 10 for instance Joey crown just got 8th on the weekend I am pretty sure he is several years younger than clout . Good rider but it depends on what the teams want to do take a chance on talent speed and inexperience or someone with better race craft and experience that can be solid 10th to 5th every round .

|

2/18/2020 4:14 PM

Clout and Hayes are probably in the box seat to atleast throw their hat in the ring for a factory gig next year. There will be some jockeying for spots i would think and no superstar amateur coming through kicking the door down. Those guys have been the most consistent guys so far on that second tier. Podium is not out of reach for either of them down the stretch if things go their way. I dont see Castello or Brown being quite at that level yet.

Ferrandis moving up and im assuming Mcelrath will point out at Star.
Sexton from Geico, does Jmart have another year?
Marchbanks on his last year at PC
Hopefully Rockstar give Swoll a couple years but you never know
Who knows with JGR/TLD's situation next year.

|

2/18/2020 5:15 PM

Coenmx wrote:

Hasn’t Hayes beat him a lot of rounds? shown some good solid results but the top 5/6 placing came once 2-3 factory guys were ...more

3all hayes vs clout in firs 6 round.
Scroll up and check points table..
Clout was in usa on suzuki one year and crashed n broke a leg in round one or 2 .

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

2/18/2020 6:40 PM

SydAus wrote:

Clouts not old...I think 25 so def not in the Vet category yet haha

Technically speaking he can race vet worlds. So age wise he is a vet.

|

2/18/2020 6:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2020 6:48 PM

Coenmx wrote:

Hasn’t Hayes beat him a lot of rounds? shown some good solid results but the top 5/6 placing came once 2-3 factory guys were ...more

struth wrote:

3all hayes vs clout in firs 6 round.
Scroll up and check points table..
Clout was in usa on suzuki one year and crashed n ...more

My bad yes they were even , I didn’t check that . yeah that’s in Sx he only rode 1 Round he rode outdoors pro for a season as well and spent some time as an amatuer with milsaps ect doing Loretta’s ect meaning we don’t know how great his outdoors is here compared to these other riders like Hayes ,was he only wanting sx only ?

|

2/18/2020 11:16 PM

At this stage Clout already has a contract with Penrith Honda for 2021 to race SX in the US on a 250 and 450 in AUS

|

2/18/2020 11:37 PM

block75 wrote:

At this stage Clout already has a contract with Penrith Honda for 2021 to race SX in the US on a 250 and 450 in AUS

“Penrite” Honda

|

2/19/2020 12:56 AM

block75 wrote:

SydAus wrote:

“Penrite” Honda

Yeah bloody auto correct. Would rather see him on a 450 in the states though, I believe he is better on the big bike these days

|

2/19/2020 1:57 AM

would of been a massive learning curve coming to the us, then swapping brands and dropping down a class, I reckon he killed it, would been good if he had more time on the 250 before the season started.

|