Lucky we

keinz
12/1/2018 8:44am
Honestly, I'm so happy that more, and more Amercans attending some Euro on-off races, like Paris-Bercy and Geneva. There was a years, when we got lucky to have at least on of American stars. But look at now. Zaco, Brayton, Barcia, Peick, Graig, McAdoo, Seely, Mookie. You name it. Those races looking like more and more like real SX races
|
jjavaman
Fantasy
3706th
12/1/2018 9:52am
I’m trying to figure out why anybody would thumb down this?
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
12/1/2018 10:00am
No Roczen, too busy with Instagram.
brimx153
12/1/2018 11:34am
jjavaman wrote:
Maybe because op makes it sound like this is a new thing .back in the 90s way more top us riders did off season races . You could have MC, Emig ,Lusk, Ward,Button, DV , Roncada ,Tortettli, Reynard, Albe, etc etc all at bercy the same year. That would be like having Tomac, Kenny ,Marv ,Anderson etc all at the same race nowadays
MXMattii
12/1/2018 11:45am Edited Date/Time 12/1/2018 11:48am
jjavaman wrote:
brimx153 wrote:
Maybe because op makes it sound like this is a new thing .back in the 90s way more top us riders did off season races...
Maybe because op makes it sound like this is a new thing .back in the 90s way more top us riders did off season races . You could have MC, Emig ,Lusk, Ward,Button, DV , Roncada ,Tortettli, Reynard, Albe, etc etc all at bercy the same year. That would be like having Tomac, Kenny ,Marv ,Anderson etc all at the same race nowadays
True but start of 2000 RC made it a thing to do no off season races. But now Musquin, Osborne, Tomac, M. Stewart, Barcia, Anderson... changed the attitude against those races again. you can preform at the best of your qualities if you plan these races correctly in you schedule. And the effect from "follow the leader" just starts again. RC was the leader also JS didn't do much off season races in his prime years, but their era is gone and the new leaders are racing off season races, make nice money in their off season and fight for championships in their championship.

Weston Peick his injury could change some riders their attitude again, but it's nice to see a revival. The golden '90 won't return I think but this comes close. I mean Geneva in Switserland having a starting line-up with 7 AMA riders - 1 MXGP rider and then the Frenchies. Oh and then I didn't count Cameron McAdoo in the SX2. There has been years were 3-4 AMA riders was the maximum.

So we're indeed lucky the only thing missing is two real World Championship Supercross rounds maybe.

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2139th
12/1/2018 11:45am
Hope the fans are enjoying watching the Americans. It would be nice if some of the top European guys would try their hand at it. Would expect Gajser to maybe want to race Geneva isn't that pretty close to Slovenia? Didn't Paulin and Febvre used to race Paris?
jeffro503
12/1/2018 11:46am
What would really be neat is , of they had these races in full size stadiums. The tracks over there aren't much bigger than the AX races here. To get the " Real " scope of what SX truly is , the track needs to be twice as big , and run some 20min mains. THEN......You guy's over there can see first hand , what our rider's do 17 different times a year , over here. Maybe help draw in some of the top MXGP guy's in on these? I see some American's going over there and making some good $$$ , and while it's on that side of the pond......none ( Or very few ) MXGP guy's are interested. I don't fully understand it , but I guess they have their reason's.
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
12/1/2018 11:59am
brimx153 wrote:
Maybe because op makes it sound like this is a new thing .back in the 90s way more top us riders did off season races...
+1.
12/1/2018 12:28pm
jjavaman wrote:
No thumbs down from me, but maybe the atrocious grammar? Wink

It's "Lucky Us." "We", like "I", is a subject pronoun. "Us", like "Me", is an object pronoun.

/takes off professional writer's hat

Carry on.
MXMattii
12/1/2018 4:52pm
jeffro503 wrote:
What would really be neat is , of they had these races in full size stadiums. The tracks over there aren't much bigger than the AX...
What would really be neat is , of they had these races in full size stadiums. The tracks over there aren't much bigger than the AX races here. To get the " Real " scope of what SX truly is , the track needs to be twice as big , and run some 20min mains. THEN......You guy's over there can see first hand , what our rider's do 17 different times a year , over here. Maybe help draw in some of the top MXGP guy's in on these? I see some American's going over there and making some good $$$ , and while it's on that side of the pond......none ( Or very few ) MXGP guy's are interested. I don't fully understand it , but I guess they have their reason's.
We've one full size stadium race and that is the one in Paris. That track is build on a full Rugby field so that must be something like a NFL field size? The others like ADAC and other SX Tours are indeed Arenacross style races. There are options to go bigger in Germany, but don't fix wat isn't broken and who's gonna try to fill a stadium from 60k people when you normal do 12k people x2 or sometimes x3.

And indeed I dunno why MXGP under the level of Grand Prix winning so: Clément Desalle, Antonio Cairoli and Jeffrey Herlings aren't trying to make some money at those races on the better build tracks like Stuttgart, Paris, Geneva, ... Look at Tixier he didn't make a fool from himself, the contrary he rode very well for a guy who've been out of SX Races since for ever. Someone like Gautier Paulin could make big money, if you keeps training and sets up a supercross bike while training on one of those South France SX Tracks he could make 200k in Paris and Geneva. Risk - Reward is pretty nice if you ask me.
Johnny Ringo
12/2/2018 12:40pm
jeffro503 wrote:
What would really be neat is , of they had these races in full size stadiums. The tracks over there aren't much bigger than the AX...
I don’t think they could fill stadiums Jeffro. Also costs more to rent, less $$ going to riders is my guess
pkiczuk
12/3/2018 3:52am
No thumbs down from me, but maybe the atrocious grammar? ;) It's "Lucky Us." "We", like "I", is a subject pronoun. "Us", like "Me", is an...

It's "Lucky Us." "We", like "I", is a subject pronoun. "Us", like "Me", is an object pronoun.

Carry on.
I've been known to not be so nice to this OP in other posts, but I will defend him here. He has mentioned in others that English is not his first language, or even his second or third lol. So I'll give him some credit for being able to get his point across as well as he could. Coming from someone who knows about 10 words in another language, I'd say its not too bad.

as far as the original post goes, it is nice to see these guys racing over there, it would be cool to include some of these international sx races in our series again, but im afraid those days may be long gone.
kb228
12/3/2018 3:57am
Youre getting better keinz.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
12/3/2018 4:43am
MXMattii wrote:
We've one full size stadium race and that is the one in Paris. That track is build on a full Rugby field so that must be...
We've one full size stadium race and that is the one in Paris. That track is build on a full Rugby field so that must be something like a NFL field size? The others like ADAC and other SX Tours are indeed Arenacross style races. There are options to go bigger in Germany, but don't fix wat isn't broken and who's gonna try to fill a stadium from 60k people when you normal do 12k people x2 or sometimes x3.

And indeed I dunno why MXGP under the level of Grand Prix winning so: Clément Desalle, Antonio Cairoli and Jeffrey Herlings aren't trying to make some money at those races on the better build tracks like Stuttgart, Paris, Geneva, ... Look at Tixier he didn't make a fool from himself, the contrary he rode very well for a guy who've been out of SX Races since for ever. Someone like Gautier Paulin could make big money, if you keeps training and sets up a supercross bike while training on one of those South France SX Tracks he could make 200k in Paris and Geneva. Risk - Reward is pretty nice if you ask me.
I have thought that the top GP guys are missing out on start money. They could advertise the hell out of the KTM boys doing a race or two but I have a feeling KTM for example would not be to keen on letting there guys ride stuff that they are not comfortable on and risk injuries.

Paulin should do these races for sure, he has the experience.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
12/3/2018 5:05am
jjavaman wrote:
No thumbs down from me, but maybe the atrocious grammar? ;) It's "Lucky Us." "We", like "I", is a subject pronoun. "Us", like "Me", is an...

Carry on.
I’m willing to bet that OP has far better English than your ability to speak his first language....
12/3/2018 8:08am
jjavaman wrote:

Carry on.
I’m willing to bet that OP has far better English than your ability to speak his first language....
I had no idea about OP's English situation, so I apologize. I had no intention of being rude or condescending to him or anyone else with my post. I was hoping my tone reflected that.

To observeroffacts, not sure why so hostile. Just observing a fact, so to speak Wink
rangot
12/3/2018 8:22am
Park Boys wrote:
I have thought that the top GP guys are missing out on start money. They could advertise the hell out of the KTM boys doing a...
I have thought that the top GP guys are missing out on start money. They could advertise the hell out of the KTM boys doing a race or two but I have a feeling KTM for example would not be to keen on letting there guys ride stuff that they are not comfortable on and risk injuries.

Paulin should do these races for sure, he has the experience.
MXGP guys just don't want to get hurt, or at least their teams don't want them to be. Paulin and a few others could be up for the challenge and have the skills, but they (AKA good GP guys) also don't want to get smoked by some unknown French riders they never heard of. That said, there wererumors in the Paris pits that even the Great Jeffrey thought about it for a minute. Before talking to his management. Laughing

Post a reply to: Lucky we

The Latest