"Lucas Oil", Title sponsor missing on front plate

stillwelding
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:00am
Why do they allow Dungey and Reed to cover up (not run) the "Lucas Oil" logo on the front number plate? I see that Alessi, Short and Grant are running it. I understand that the Suzuki and Kawasaki teams have other lubricant sponsors, but don't the others too? The photos from the track on Thurs. show Reed and Dungey missing the logo and Alessi, Grant and Short all using the logo on the front plate. And no, I'm not in the oil business.

|
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
5/21/2010 9:15am
The logo will be visible on Saturday
Ozzy
5/21/2010 9:23am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:57pm
It also seems clear on Reeds front plate that the "Rockstar" logo is gone.
If they're the Series title sponsor, they need to be present.
After all isn't that some of what a title sponsor pays for.
During the Supercross Series, Dungey's bike had the "Monster" logo present on his front plate. Doesn't the same apply here? It should.
Personally, if part of the title series sponsor or sponsors require a logo as such, then that's the law. No logo, no race, no points, etc.
They, the bikes, shouldn't be allowed to go through tech.
I'm curious what MX Sports thinks of this?
I'm curious what the AMA thinks of this?
Years ago the SX Series was sponsored by AMP'd Mobile. We were a Boost Mobile title sponsored team. The promoters, Live Nation, at the time said the AMP'd logo was required on the top of the front plate. Boost was upset, yet we ended up adding a Boost logo along the plates bottom, hence all were happy and we did what was required as well.
These sponsors whether oil or otherwise pay big money to play with us.
I think anything less like what some teams are trying to get away with is wrong.
It should not be allowed.
It should not be tolerated.
I'm curious again, what the AMA & MX Sports have to say?
If they allow such, then in the future they shouldn't be surprised when the money leaves.
My 2 cents!
Can't bite the hand that feeds ya!
Dave O. Wink
500guy
5/21/2010 9:26am
it's a never ending story with all the bullshit that gets pulled , posturing and positioning.

in the end it probably drives sponsors away
Cygnus
5/21/2010 9:28am
The only thing that should be on the number plates is numbers.

The Shop

stillwelding
5/21/2010 9:31am
kevin204 wrote:
The logo will be visible on Saturday
That may be true but isn't a company that invests in a series such as the AMA Nationals entitled to the full exposure that one would expect from that investment? The press conference at the California State Capitol and the practice sessions at the track on Thursday have to have some value. Isn't there some enforcement mechanism? Can someone in a position of authority give an answer? Thanks. Thanks for the clarification "sp1tekiller".
Alex
5/21/2010 9:31am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2010 9:33am
Its a conflicting interest. Not sure its the business of a title sposor to be on the riders bikes anyway. Sure makes it tough for the teams to get an oil/lubricant sponsor when theres a different one in prime position on the bikes anyway.
DownSouth
5/21/2010 9:34am
Is there a rule that they have to be displayed at a pre race press conference? I am sure all the logos will be present on race day.

stillwelding
5/21/2010 9:34am
Alex wrote:
Its a conflicting interest. Not sure its the business of a title sposor to be on the riders bikes anyway. Sure makes it tough for the...
Its a conflicting interest. Not sure its the business of a title sposor to be on the riders bikes anyway. Sure makes it tough for the teams to get an oil/lubricant sponsor when theres a different one in prime position on the bikes anyway.
Yeah I suppose. I don't know if you see "Sprint" on every Nascar car
Alex
5/21/2010 9:37am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2010 9:37am
fortunateley I have opposable thumbs so I dont watch nascar
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
5/21/2010 9:40am
For demos, pit party, and photoshoots, even in SX the teams did the same thing. For the on track/races, the logos were present. I saw a couple of bikes in Vegas during the pit party just had black tape covering during the time the pits were open.
kardy
5/21/2010 9:46am
One thing they DON'T do is sanction the Nationals.
Ozzy
5/21/2010 9:49am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:57pm
The conflict is a mute point & juvenile.
I believe it's a requirement of ALL entrants.
That goes for ALL teams, sponsors, etc., REGARDLESS!
Everything that has to do with the event at hand, All media & press days,
the actual event, everything has to be represented as such. In the same way the bikes themselves are prepared for the event, complete graphics etc.
Example: If Toyota was the title sponsor, then Honda would have to run the logo atop their
front plates if such was required.
If not, then 1 less event for Honda.
Dave O.Wink
500guy
5/21/2010 9:51am
Alex wrote:
Its a conflicting interest. Not sure its the business of a title sposor to be on the riders bikes anyway. Sure makes it tough for the...
every sport does it.

Heck even the USGP had a stipulation that riders accepting the free entrance would wear a Logo that for some reason is a secret ?
500guy
5/21/2010 9:53am
Ozzy wrote:
The conflict is a mute point & juvenile. I believe it's a requirement of ALL entrants. That goes for ALL teams, sponsors, etc., REGARDLESS! Everything that...
The conflict is a mute point & juvenile.
I believe it's a requirement of ALL entrants.
That goes for ALL teams, sponsors, etc., REGARDLESS!
Everything that has to do with the event at hand, All media & press days,
the actual event, everything has to be represented as such. In the same way the bikes themselves are prepared for the event, complete graphics etc.
Example: If Toyota was the title sponsor, then Honda would have to run the logo atop their
front plates if such was required.
If not, then 1 less event for Honda.
Dave O.Wink
Yes and Honda was big time on cutting out the Monster Logo's on their number plates too a few years ago.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/21/2010 11:10am
I think it needs to be there when going through tech, and when it's on the track. I'm not sure it needs to be displayed everywhere else.

Yes, I get why people do it, why they might not want to promote other conflicting sponsors, and that the sponsors would probably prefer that it's on there 100 percent of the time. This isn't really a new thing, though.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
5/21/2010 11:23am
Take our money, give it to Harley riders.

Pretty simple.
Ozzy
5/21/2010 11:32am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2010 11:33am
I wrote more, but deleted it all.

Seems it's just how it rolls, and according to our "GuyB"

it's no biggy!

Go figure!

I guess when whoever signs the checks really pays attention is the day the music dies!

Dave O.Wink
"Title sponsors are a terrible thing to waste".
kardy
5/21/2010 11:38am
Tiki wrote:

Pretty simple.
And have nothing to do with the Nationals whatsoever. Why do people not get that? It's like hating NASCAR for something that happens in the NBA.
500guy
5/21/2010 11:53am
Tiki wrote:

Pretty simple.
kardy wrote:
And have nothing to do with the Nationals whatsoever. Why do people not get that? It's like hating NASCAR for something that happens in the NBA.
When we buy an AMA card it goes to the AMA not MxSports.

So lets summarize the cluster f *k

AMA Pro is Supercross not AMA Pro but still AMA

MXSports is AMA for the Nationals

And All the Amateur AMA cards go into the We don't wear Helmets Pool.

How can it possibly get any more screwed up ?
cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
5/21/2010 11:56am
Actually, there is a SPRINT decal on every car. They are even more strict. You can't even have a competing wireless sponsor. Imagine not being able to have Rockstar sponsorship for SX; wouls pretty much suck for anyone not on a Kawi. How about not being able to have an oil sponsor other than Lucas in MX?
500guy
5/21/2010 11:56am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:58pm
My other take on this is , if you are going to participate in these Press events that I'm sure were organized by the Seiries Organizer then my feeling is your bike should be ready to pass Tech inspection.

But we all know riders are notorious for not showing up to these press events so they let everyone do what ever the hell they want.
kardy
5/21/2010 12:08pm
500guy wrote:
When we buy an AMA card it goes to the AMA not MxSports. So lets summarize the cluster f *k AMA Pro is Supercross not AMA...

The thing that really screwed it up is when DMG decided they wanted to continue using the name "AMA Pro Racing", even though it had nothing to do with the AMA any longer. Then, they subbed out the promoting and/or sanctioning to MX Sports, who also still use the AMA Pro Racing name. Hell I"m not even sure if I got that all right, but it annoys me when people continually blame "The AMA" for stuff that's not even remotely related to them anymore, not that they don't deserve at least some of the ill feelings.
newmann
5/21/2010 12:15pm
Wasn't it Honda or Suzuki that didn't want Toyota logos on their front number plates several years ago? And Bubba didn't want Monster on his jersey either so he covered it up with a towel on the podium and swigged mojo juice from a highly visible well placed plain plastic water bottle for all the world to see. How would that have worked if Monster pulled the plug on the Kawi team because of Stewart's antics?
RACEGUY
5/21/2010 1:46pm
Why the hell do I keep ending up citing NASCAR?? (maybe because they've been there and done that?)

Roger Penske was so sensitive to his team sponsors, that he paid MILLIONS to avoid running the standard NASCAR package.

Aside from Penske South, the front fender, in particular behind the wheel opening, is hallowed ground for NASCAR and identical on every car on the track - except "The Captain's" cars.

Intersesting?? No. Old news.
mac3-d
5/21/2010 1:50pm
say if yamaha was the title sponsor would all the other manufactors have to run a yam logo??
RACEGUY
5/21/2010 2:20pm
mac3-d wrote:
say if yamaha was the title sponsor would all the other manufactors have to run a yam logo??
Those would be the rules - and expectations.
stillwelding
5/21/2010 2:41pm
cdm806 wrote:
Actually, there is a SPRINT decal on every car. They are even more strict. You can't even have a competing wireless sponsor. Imagine not being able...
Actually, there is a SPRINT decal on every car. They are even more strict. You can't even have a competing wireless sponsor. Imagine not being able to have Rockstar sponsorship for SX; wouls pretty much suck for anyone not on a Kawi. How about not being able to have an oil sponsor other than Lucas in MX?
Thanks for the reply. Don't watch must Nascar.
Mutt
5/21/2010 2:50pm
500guy wrote:
When we buy an AMA card it goes to the AMA not MxSports. So lets summarize the cluster f *k AMA Pro is Supercross not AMA...

kardy wrote:
The thing that really screwed it up is when DMG decided they wanted to continue using the name "AMA Pro Racing", even though it had nothing...
The thing that really screwed it up is when DMG decided they wanted to continue using the name "AMA Pro Racing", even though it had nothing to do with the AMA any longer. Then, they subbed out the promoting and/or sanctioning to MX Sports, who also still use the AMA Pro Racing name. Hell I"m not even sure if I got that all right, but it annoys me when people continually blame "The AMA" for stuff that's not even remotely related to them anymore, not that they don't deserve at least some of the ill feelings.
Hahaha!

Post a reply to: "Lucas Oil", Title sponsor missing on front plate

The Latest