Louisiana tech university mx

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 9/15/2017 2:27pm

Only other thing I have seen close to this is liberty university has a moto track. Pretty cool.
|
cmarona463
6/6/2017 10:03am
That is really awesome! I wanna know what the club consists of. Just group ride days or are they gonna do like a lorettas "team" type deal?
bf884
6/6/2017 10:17am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2017 10:19am
I thought LSU had a club to. College mx would be fun to watch
logan_140
6/6/2017 10:21am
bf884 wrote:
Unfortunately.. how would they have the funds. It would be awesome!

The Shop

bf884
6/6/2017 10:24am
bf884 wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
Unfortunately.. how would they have the funds. It would be awesome!
Could you imagine the team take out effort
Giygas
Fantasy
1047th
6/6/2017 10:31am
logan_140 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/06/06/199157/s1200_IMG_1285.jpg[/img] Only other thing I have seen close to this is liberty university has a moto track. Pretty cool.

Only other thing I have seen close to this is liberty university has a moto track. Pretty cool.
I wonder where this track is. I am a member of Dirt Slingers MX, which is the only track I know of in Ruston, LA.
JM485
6/6/2017 10:37am
That's bad ass, I would have killed to have had that going over the last 4 years. It would make a huge difference to have it be a school recognized sport, especially since it takes so much time away from school and doesn't count for anything as far as schools are concerned. At least if you're doing an intermural or playing for a school team you can maybe mention it on a resume or something, but when it's totally separate from school it's kind of meaningless as far as most people are concerned.
bf884
6/6/2017 10:40am
logan_140 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/06/06/199157/s1200_IMG_1285.jpg[/img] Only other thing I have seen close to this is liberty university has a moto track. Pretty cool.

Giygas wrote:
I wonder where this track is. I am a member of Dirt Slingers MX, which is the only track I know of in Ruston, LA.
Looks like 3 palms mx in texas
Indymxer
6/6/2017 11:53am
Do they bring a keg to each ride? That I'd watch.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
6/6/2017 11:57am
We had an informal "Club" at UT back when I was there. Nothing more than a riding group, but it was fun.
ktmdan
6/6/2017 12:05pm
The University of North Texas has a mx club with some fast riders who race SX, AX, and MX. It was started by Blake Wharton a couple semesters ago.
motox331
6/6/2017 1:49pm
if colleges have pillow fighting, ping pong and underwater basket weaving clubs then I don't see why this couldn't take off. I wish we had one at Iowa While I was there.
6/6/2017 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2017 4:28pm
Cal Poly SLO has a nice club, will pay part of entries to some events and fun group rides. Not to mention you get to live in SLO
Cknerr
9/15/2017 7:03am
Kinda resurrecting a thread here, but i am Knee deep trying to start a motocross club at my university, Kennesaw State University. i think this is an awesome idea, but its also going to be an up hill battle, and i know i am going to have to have all of my ducks in a row. i was wondering if anybody had any additional insight they might want to share.
JRT812
9/15/2017 7:16am
bf884 wrote:
it would be cool to watch. I would think its possible if we can also have college bass fishing
IWreckALot
9/15/2017 7:21am
Cknerr wrote:
Kinda resurrecting a thread here, but i am Knee deep trying to start a motocross club at my university, Kennesaw State University. i think this is...
Kinda resurrecting a thread here, but i am Knee deep trying to start a motocross club at my university, Kennesaw State University. i think this is an awesome idea, but its also going to be an up hill battle, and i know i am going to have to have all of my ducks in a row. i was wondering if anybody had any additional insight they might want to share.
I've made a few posts in the past about how I think it would be cool to have a sponsorship from a college in exchange for a tuition. A UT KTM team would be pretty sweet.

I think the biggest concern with the schools is there just is too little income from MX. Compare it to the team sports they have, and they will likely just want to spend their money towards advancing their team sports than they do a sport like MX.

I'd be curious what your "sales pitch" looks like and what they have to say about it.

When you say "knee deep" what have you done so far?
TJMX947
9/15/2017 7:56am
There is a huge difference between a club sport and recognized varsity sport. I went to the University of North Carolina @ Wilmington and we had a pretty good Wakeboarding Club. The competitive team was awesome but they cherry picked ringers from town to go to the competitions to get the results.

Basically we were a group of students who had meetings, met up to eat tacos, and rode. The school provided no funding. The club had sponsors...a local surf shop, Dragon, and Malibu and a boat dealer but the bottom line was we had to pay for everything so we did fund raisers and actually got in trouble for having a keg party. At that time a good WB boat was 60 - 80k and we could get a Malibu Wakesetter (2003ish time frame) for $40k.

If you want a motocross club start it. I'm sure the school would make you sign waivers but if the club takes off and you provide results and positive exposure to the school you can negotiate funds down the road. Go out and secure sponsorships. Get a shop to give your club a racer discount on bikes. Call up FLY racing (who is heavily involved in the grassroots of the sport) and get a deal on gear. Call up Rocky Mountain ATV. Call up a local track to give you a deal on practice. Being a club you aren't going to get scholarships or free bikes. Maybe you have a hot shot A rider with an outside chance of making the night show at a Supercross and the school puts up funds to have ABC University on their Jersey and the side of their bike.

I think the most important thing would be to contact the other schools and arrange a meeting to define a competition structure that will award a collegiate national championship...get in touch with a good promoter and have an event held in conjunction with one of their events. At the end of it all you're laying the groundwork for people 30 years from now. The Crossfit games started as somewhat of a back yard BBQ among like minded people who like to work out and suffer for pleasure.

9/15/2017 8:10am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2017 8:12am
Thats not pretty cool, thats REALLY cool. I hope this goes some where and more universities catch on to it.
KNIGHT104
9/15/2017 8:12am
There is a MX club at Oklahoma State, but they do not compete as a school. I think is just a group of kids that just ride together.
Aj528
9/15/2017 8:34am
I ran a racecar team through the University of Oklahoma for two years. We raced the Chili bowl with the likes of Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, and Kyle Larson as well as racing with the Powri midget series during the year. Unfortunately the university shut us down because the racing was "too dangerous".

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
9/15/2017 8:42am
Cknerr wrote:
Kinda resurrecting a thread here, but i am Knee deep trying to start a motocross club at my university, Kennesaw State University. i think this is...
I can't help much as I've never done something like this, but I'm a student there as well. Anyways shoot me a PM on here. Try to work on a team sponsor, and finding a professor thatll head the club.
IWreckALot
9/15/2017 8:48am
Aj528 wrote:
I ran a racecar team through the University of Oklahoma for two years. We raced the Chili bowl with the likes of Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne...
I ran a racecar team through the University of Oklahoma for two years. We raced the Chili bowl with the likes of Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, and Kyle Larson as well as racing with the Powri midget series during the year. Unfortunately the university shut us down because the racing was "too dangerous".

Jesus man. You might want to plug your phone in.
Trevor91
9/15/2017 11:35am
Indymxer wrote:
Do they bring a keg to each ride? That I'd watch.
Being a current college student, i would sign up for that club right away
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
9/15/2017 2:27pm
Cknerr wrote:
Figured out from another thread that my pms aren't working. So shoot me an email at colintrax@yahoo.com

Post a reply to: Louisiana tech university mx

The Latest