Lots of talk about RD, how about these peeps?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2017 11:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2017 11:45 AM

Photo

Some not so great results here for the dough being paid for racers who barely break the top ten. Giving JA21 a pass though, everyone has a bad day at the office sometimes. And Brayton has been ok.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

3/19/2017 11:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2017 11:43 AM

Anderson is much better then that. Barcia has sucked in SX since switching to Yamaha so that's expected. Mookie has been fast but fitness is an issue. Although Daytona was good until crash. Wilson can do better. Everyone else is around the 10-20 place

|

3/19/2017 11:43 AM

Its just dirt bike racin'

|

3/19/2017 11:43 AM

Stacked field

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

3/19/2017 11:47 AM

Tough talk Barcia got lapped. But did he cry?

|

3/19/2017 11:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2017 11:50 AM

I'm shocked about Barcia. Saw him race a 250 in TO and he was head and shoulders above everyone.
Bogle, RC must have his head almost shaken off.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

3/19/2017 12:23 PM

Did Anderson go down early on?

Or did he just have a terrible start and struggled to work his way up?

|

Current: 2010 TM 250MX
Previous: 2012 KX450f, 2009 K8 RM250, 2012 RMZ250, 2008 YZ125

3/19/2017 12:31 PM

9-16 are all factory machines. they need to get it in gear and get better starts. Mostly disappointed in Malcom, Bogle and Canard.

|

3/19/2017 12:37 PM

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

9-16 are all factory machines. they need to get it in gear and get better starts. Mostly disappointed in Malcom, Bogle and Canard.

For the most part, so is 1-8. But I get your point.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

3/19/2017 1:07 PM

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

Take out all those riders... who's going to fill their shoes and perform better or even equal to? It's finally nice that so many people have factory rides.

|

3/19/2017 1:12 PM

Drtbykr wrote:

I'm shocked about Barcia. Saw him race a 250 in TO and he was head and shoulders above everyone.
Bogle, RC must have his head almost shaken off.

Poor Bogle. He actually started out OK, but it all went to crap after Tickle, then a whole slew of other guys, passed him.

|

3/19/2017 1:24 PM

It looks like factory bikes all the way up to 16th place. Seems like they are placing right where they should be placing at the moment , except maybe a few. Top 10 , will only have top 10....only so much room for 16 factory bikes and where they place. Someone has to win....and someone has to get 16th.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/19/2017 1:24 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Take out all those riders... who's going to fill their shoes and perform better or even equal to? It's finally nice that so many people have factory rides.

I think the number of rides isn't that much different than in previous years. The number of riders still in it at this stage is likely better thsn average.

|

3/19/2017 1:43 PM

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

kzizok wrote:

For the most part, so is 1-8. But I get your point.

1-8 are desireable and appropriate positions for well paid riders. Finishing 10-16 consistently with factory equipment would be disappointing. I mean what's the salary gap between Kyle Chisholm and Trey Canard to only be separated by 6 positions? most of the the guys on the list are underachieving by their and the teams standards. All great guys though, excluding Barcia....

|

3/19/2017 1:44 PM

I really hope Malcolm finds the enthusiasm he needs to get up top. There is so much potential, I can only imagine what KTM and Baker could do for the guy (likely not to happen), but still. Hopefully Baggett gets a spot next year!

|

3/19/2017 2:04 PM

SVT-Cobra wrote:

I really hope Malcolm finds the enthusiasm he needs to get up top. There is so much potential, I can only imagine what KTM and Baker could do for the guy (likely not to happen), but still. Hopefully Baggett gets a spot next year!

Malcolm can show great speed at times...but it's extremely sketchy when he does. He's placing where he does right now because that speed will get him to the checkerd flag in one piece. He may get a top 10 every now and then...but he's pushing as hard as he can to make that happen. Fitness is one thing going on....but by learning this year , hopefully he'll learn consistency as well , along with more speed.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

3/19/2017 2:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2017 2:08 PM

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

GuyB wrote:

I think the number of rides isn't that much different than in previous years. The number of riders still in it at this stage is likely better thsn average.

Yeah I suppose. I haven't gone back and counted the number of factory rides that there were say 10 years ago so I certainly can ne wrong. It just seems as though there are more factory bikes out therr but Maybe it's just with social media and now how everyone's connected, you just know more of the factory and even privateer guys out on the track.

I think my main point against his statement was that he said along the lines of "these factory dudes better pick it up!" Only one dude can win and only three guys can end up on the box, you know? If any of these guys placed better it just pushed another big name down.

|

3/19/2017 3:47 PM

Par for the course for Malcolm

|

3/19/2017 3:51 PM

Bro's I'm always down to talk about Cole Seely!

|

#SeelyNation
Twitter @JaridSavoy

3/19/2017 4:27 PM

There are a lot of dudes who are going to be taking a pay cut this year i'd imagine.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/19/2017 4:27 PM

Trey Canard has really disappointed me. Yeah, I know what he's been through...but so does DeCoster. This is a guy who was winning freaking races two years ago. I'm really bummed to see him on such a great team, on such a great bike...and getting such crummy results.

But...I bet he is too.

|

3/19/2017 4:33 PM

Jarid332 wrote:

Bro's I'm always down to talk about Cole Seely!

For a second fiddle he's doing great keeping Honda out there, possibly predicted to be better however.

|

3/19/2017 4:38 PM

Crush wrote:

There are a lot of dudes who are going to be taking a pay cut this year i'd imagine.

My thoughts as well.

|

3/19/2017 5:02 PM

The field is so stacked.... Not everyone can be top 10. That doesn't mean they're a disappointment. Doesn't mean the guys in the bottom half are not deserving of their ride. A pay cut? Maybe. But people saying they don't deserve the support they have is a bit over the top. All of these guys are stupid fast and work their asses off.

|

3/19/2017 5:16 PM

Should be 2-3 factory guys per team, plus an extra for fill-in duties. That would be 12-18 good rides, with 6 fill-ins ready. That's 18-24 good rides for these guys. They are good, and should be paid good too.

|

3/19/2017 5:26 PM

loftyair wrote:

Should be 2-3 factory guys per team, plus an extra for fill-in duties. That would be 12-18 good rides, with 6 fill-ins ready. That's 18-24 good rides for these guys. They are good, and should be paid good too.

Dungey
Musquin
Canard
Anderson
Wilson
Tomac
Grant
Reed
Webb
Roczen
Seely
Barcia
Peick

Throw in some:
Millsaps
Baggett
Bogle
Tickle

Not too far off

|

3/19/2017 5:39 PM

For several of those riders like Canard, Barcia, and Malcolm, I would say the lesson is that racing your way into shape just doesn't work like it used to. The training level is so high that if you start late, it's a nightmare to catch try to catch up with travel going on, and the need to be fully recovered on Saturday. That's my guess. In this sport, you also never know who is nursing injuries, half the time someone is inexplicably struggling and everyone declares them a has-been, I'm pretty sure it's due to nagging or minor injury.

|

3/19/2017 5:47 PM

FCTRY wrote:

For several of those riders like Canard, Barcia, and Malcolm, I would say the lesson is that racing your way into shape just doesn't work like it used to. The training level is so high that if you start late, it's a nightmare to catch try to catch up with travel going on, and the need to be fully recovered on Saturday. That's my guess. In this sport, you also never know who is nursing injuries, half the time someone is inexplicably struggling and everyone declares them a has-been, I'm pretty sure it's due to nagging or minor injury.

I can't really speak for Mookie but Canard and Barcia got injured, they didn't just show up unprepared for no reason.

|

3/19/2017 6:05 PM

loftyair wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:

Dungey
Musquin
Canard
Anderson
Wilson
Tomac
Grant
Reed
Webb
Roczen
Seely
Barcia
Peick

Throw in some:
Millsaps
Baggett
Bogle
Tickle

Not too far off

Yep, and then every factory-backed team, which should be 2 per factory, which is 12, with 2-4 riders. that's an extra 24-48 riders with great machinery.

|

3/19/2017 6:15 PM

Some of ya'll are crazy,and I should know.

|