Lots of free advertising for Yamaha

sandtrack315
9/7/2020 11:32am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2020 6:05pm
Every 250 rider who is not on a Yamaha keeps talking about how fast the Yamahas are. I get being honest, but I wouldn't be too happy if I was cutting their checks.

Every rider is paid to talk up their own bike, but you know a bike is good when everyone not on a Yamaha keeps saying how good it is.
|
aeffertz
9/7/2020 11:34am
Good thing you’re not writing their checks.
RalphS
9/7/2020 11:59am
Every 250 rider who is not on a Yamaha keeps talking about how fast the Yamahas are. I get being honest, but I wouldn't be too...
Every 250 rider who is not on a Yamaha keeps talking about how fast the Yamahas are. I get being honest, but I wouldn't be too happy if I was cutting their checks.

Every rider is paid to talk up their own bike, but you know a bike is good when everyone not on a Yamaha keeps saying how good it is.
It's kinda evident that blue pigs are faster, isn't it? The other riders are just frustrated and pointing out the disadvantage.
sandtrack315
9/7/2020 12:12pm
RalphS wrote:
It's kinda evident that blue pigs are faster, isn't it? The other riders are just frustrated and pointing out the disadvantage.
Yeah, but it's also evident that the Honda corners better. But I get that HP is king in the 250 class.

This isn't F1, where no one buys the product that is raced. People make buying decisions based on who is winning / what riders are saying about the bikes.

Has there ever been a time when riders were so complimentary of another team's bikes?
omalley
9/7/2020 1:43pm
aeffertz wrote:
If I were, I’d be having a good, thorough conversation with them about why their job exists, ie selling the bike and products that enable them to race. Touting how much better the competition’s bike is (true or not) is a slight to the very people paying your salary.

The Shop

aeffertz
9/7/2020 1:50pm
aeffertz wrote:
omalley wrote:
If I were, I’d be having a good, thorough conversation with them about why their job exists, ie selling the bike and products that enable them...
If I were, I’d be having a good, thorough conversation with them about why their job exists, ie selling the bike and products that enable them to race. Touting how much better the competition’s bike is (true or not) is a slight to the very people paying your salary.
Do we want transparency or not?
mister2dt
9/7/2020 1:55pm
RalphS wrote:
Yeah, but it's also evident that the Honda corners better. But I get that HP is king in the 250 class. This isn't F1, where no...
Yeah, but it's also evident that the Honda corners better. But I get that HP is king in the 250 class.

This isn't F1, where no one buys the product that is raced. People make buying decisions based on who is winning / what riders are saying about the bikes.

Has there ever been a time when riders were so complimentary of another team's bikes?
Yes, mid 80's to early 90's. Hondas were pretty much untouchable.
9/7/2020 2:49pm
Honda has had the highest sales volume for decades. They also have not won a sx or mx title in decades. Real people are not influenced by marketing.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
9/7/2020 2:58pm
Honda has had the highest sales volume for decades. They also have not won a sx or mx title in decades. Real people are not influenced...
Honda has had the highest sales volume for decades. They also have not won a sx or mx title in decades. Real people are not influenced by marketing.
This. I truly believe that unless it’s an impulse buy online, and most motorcycles are not, marketing doesn’t influence folks as much as people are led to believe. Yes there’s brand recognition. Yes we support people who support the sport...but when it comes to the big 5 people usually have a reason for what they buy and it’s not based on who won a title that year.
omalley
9/7/2020 3:36pm
aeffertz wrote:
omalley wrote:
If I were, I’d be having a good, thorough conversation with them about why their job exists, ie selling the bike and products that enable them...
aeffertz wrote:
Do we want transparency or not?
It’s not about what we want...it’s about what riders are hired to do, which is to (directly or indirectly) sell bikes/product. If I’m brand A, I’m not paying my rider to say how great brand B is.
Zycki11
9/7/2020 3:37pm
It is clear the Yamaha is a step ahead in the 250 class. They are powerful, handle well, and the team knows how to work with the riders and set them up properly.
Brent
9/7/2020 4:24pm
Every 250 rider who is not on a Yamaha keeps talking about how fast the Yamahas are. I get being honest, but I wouldn't be too...

Well, its not as if everyone doesn't already know it

Johnny Ringo
9/7/2020 4:26pm
I’d bet those yams get torn down and measured after every race. Blu Cru baby
Brent
9/7/2020 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2020 4:35pm

If Colt Nichols were healthy there would be FIVE YZ250Fs up front.

Those bikes appear to be head and shoulders over every other 250, both here and in MXGP with Jago Geerts.

With the exception of the Troll with giant brass balls, if Im not mistaken no one in the 250 class was jumping La Rocco's Leap, except for the Star team.

If I were in the market for a 250, is there any doubt about the bike to buy right now?
bh
9/7/2020 4:56pm
Cutting riders checks > reason to build a better bike + honest riders. ok i guess lol.
9/7/2020 6:01pm
Free?
They're spending a shitload of money to have the fastest bike.
Mit12
9/7/2020 6:05pm
RalphS wrote:
Every one bags on the Yamahas especially the 450. Barcia is riding better on the Yamaha than he has ever risen before.
mxshot
9/7/2020 7:58pm
Why all the hate? When Pro Circuit was on top, everyone was HAPPY! No one felt that being the best was unfair.
tobz
9/7/2020 8:04pm

RalphS wrote:
I find it funny that other 250f manufacturers had to ask for the run up to lorocoos leap be made easier as only the yamahas were going to be able to jump it.

Here’s an idea, make your own product better. Whistling

Post a reply to: Lots of free advertising for Yamaha

The Latest