Lot of guys leaving Baker?

8/31/2021 2:26pm
UpTiTe wrote:
You guys are right, RC wouldn’t have been the GOAT, RVs fat ass would’ve got smoked by Alessi and Dungey, and 8 time national champ Ryan...
You guys are right, RC wouldn’t have been the GOAT, RVs fat ass would’ve got smoked by Alessi and Dungey, and 8 time national champ Ryan Dungey would only have the 4 titles he won before he hired him.
Never said anything like that, possibly you have reading and comprehension problems?

You asked for a photo of either RC or RV out of shape before baker. I provided the photo. Sometimes it's okay to admit you are wrong.
fins227
8/31/2021 2:36pm
Fore arm strong
fins227
8/31/2021 2:49pm
SCC wrote:
Get rid of DeCoster. Get rid of Baker. Get rid of everyone. Vital 2021. Hope the next moderator gets rid of 100% of the members on...
Get rid of DeCoster. Get rid of Baker. Get rid of everyone. Vital 2021. Hope the next moderator gets rid of 100% of the members on this forum. It needs a complete reboot and pay per post to be “vital” as a resource instead of the negative urinal it currently is.
I bet there’s way less than 100 people the would actually open their digital wallet for this site.
DonM
8/31/2021 3:59pm
UpTiTe wrote:
In the same documentary, he said as a kid he didn’t particularly like racing, it was just what the family did together. He also said it...
In the same documentary, he said as a kid he didn’t particularly like racing, it was just what the family did together. He also said it was just a job to him because he was good at it, not because he loved it.
Pakoyz250f wrote:
A lot of champions say that it´s harder to keep being a champion than being a champion for the first time. I think Aldon has a...
A lot of champions say that it´s harder to keep being a champion than being a champion for the first time.

I think Aldon has a lot of merit for that, of course not all but Men what is it with you and Aldon?? haha it seems like you are obsessed with him or you are jealous of people praising him.

I don't think you are smarter than JS, RC, RV, RD so yeah Aldon is a great Trainer wether you like or not and he works hard and has earned what he has, deal with it.
UpTiTe wrote:
Jealous? Naw, I’ve cut out a decent life for myself I don’t dislike him at all, and he is a smart trainer. I just irritates me...
Jealous? Naw, I’ve cut out a decent life for myself

I don’t dislike him at all, and he is a smart trainer. I just irritates me that people go on and on about how guys need him to win. RC won 4 titles without him. RV won 3 titles and a crash away from a fourth. Dungey won 5 of his 8 titles without him. To say any of those needed him is just stupid.

His structure helped Anderson and Zacko for sure, but it didn’t help several others.

Me being smarter than RC, JS, RV, or RD? Really, I’m a pretty smart guy.
Yeah and it’s not irritating how you go on and on about Aldon isn’t needed and they are all wasting their money….there isn’t a thread that even mentions his name that you don’t come in with the same ol shtlick…

The Shop

8/31/2021 5:04pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Jealous? Naw, I’ve cut out a decent life for myself I don’t dislike him at all, and he is a smart trainer. I just irritates me...

I don’t dislike him at all, and he is a smart trainer. I just irritates me that people go on and on about how guys need him to win. RC won 4 titles without him. RV won 3 titles and a crash away from a fourth. Dungey won 5 of his 8 titles without him. To say any of those needed him is just stupid.

His structure helped Anderson and Zacko for sure, but it didn’t help several others.

Pakoyz250f wrote:
Yeaaaah right... carry on haha And smart regards MX and the decisions they made and where they took them. "Half of being smart is knowing what...
Yeaaaah right... carry on haha

And smart regards MX and the decisions they made and where they took them.

"Half of being smart is knowing what you are dumb about"

You might want to get his back story. He’s definitely made some very smart decisions regarding mx and life lol
Pop Shmoke
8/31/2021 7:41pm
The thing is also that theres only so many ways to skin a cat. Unless youre using ped's the top trainers know what to do and what it takes to be at this level. Its not like Aldon has some secret program that nobody knows about and cannot replicate. Especially with how many guys have cycled through there they know what type of program is needed to win.

Dungey also said that he was in just as good shape before Aldon as with, and he even worked harder, but with Aldon he just has the logistics and data taken care of down pat so the riders dont have to worry about anything but riding and training.

Thats really where Aldon is top tier. Tons of people know how to teach people how to train, but not a lot are top tier when it comes to training AND tailoring schedules, nutrition, data inquisition..etc to individual people and also constantly changing and updating to meet the data coming in. He has the logistics of training down to a science, but other people are definitely capable of doing the same thing at this point.
CPR
9/1/2021 5:01am
JustMX wrote:
So, using the logic of some in this arguement....

So kr94 started eating pizza and drinking beer, and hasn't won a title since....
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Was he still training with Baker during his 2016 title run on the Suzuki ? I thought he dropped him before that.
He wasn't using Baker in 2016 and had one of the most dominant mx seasons ever.
Yep the pizza and beer was during his 2016 title run, after leaving Baker’s.
Motofinne
9/1/2021 5:06am
JustMX wrote:
So, using the logic of some in this arguement....

So kr94 started eating pizza and drinking beer, and hasn't won a title since....
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Was he still training with Baker during his 2016 title run on the Suzuki ? I thought he dropped him before that.
It should be said that all the work he did with Baker didn't magically disappear the day he split with Baker. The base from the Baker-regime was probably still there.
nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
9/1/2021 5:41am
UpTiTe wrote:
No they didn’t, RC and RV did what they were going to do, and Dungey started winning because RV retired.
Yeah i don't think you wanna piss off the Dungey crowd with that comment..
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/1/2021 5:51am
Pakoyz250f wrote:
A lot of champions say that it´s harder to keep being a champion than being a champion for the first time. I think Aldon has a...
A lot of champions say that it´s harder to keep being a champion than being a champion for the first time.

I think Aldon has a lot of merit for that, of course not all but Men what is it with you and Aldon?? haha it seems like you are obsessed with him or you are jealous of people praising him.

I don't think you are smarter than JS, RC, RV, RD so yeah Aldon is a great Trainer wether you like or not and he works hard and has earned what he has, deal with it.
UpTiTe wrote:

DonM wrote:
Yeah and it’s not irritating how you go on and on about Aldon isn’t needed and they are all wasting their money….there isn’t a thread that...
Yeah and it’s not irritating how you go on and on about Aldon isn’t needed and they are all wasting their money….there isn’t a thread that even mentions his name that you don’t come in with the same ol shtlick…
I’m 50 something, too late to change now.
LungButter
9/1/2021 5:52am
UpTiTe wrote:
No they didn’t, RC and RV did what they were going to do, and Dungey started winning because RV retired.
nrosso391 wrote:
Truth hurts ‘eh?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
9/1/2021 5:57am
UpTiTe wrote:
nrosso391 wrote:
I’m a huge Dungey fan, but the truth is the truth.

I would’ve loved to see 2015 Dungey, on a bike he finally jelled with vs 2014 RV. I believe that would be great racing.
9/1/2021 6:24am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
It should be said that all the work he did with Baker didn't magically disappear the day he split with Baker. The base from the Baker-regime...
It should be said that all the work he did with Baker didn't magically disappear the day he split with Baker. The base from the Baker-regime was probably still there.
Good point for sure
9/1/2021 6:29am
nrosso391 wrote:
Doesn't bother me in the least. RV was just a notch better. He kept him on his toes at least and RV himself would tell you Dunge was his toughest competition. He knew if he training his ass off doing everything right Dunge was gonna be right there. Any of the other guys in the field could have stepped up when RV retired but Dunge handled all of them
9/1/2021 7:35am
UpTiTe wrote:
nrosso391 wrote:
I don't buy into the line that Dungey only started winning because RV left. 2015 Dungey was a different animal that the previous years, except for maybe his 2010 and 11 seasons (in 2011, the only thing that prevented Dungey from getting the outdoor title was running out of gas), and would have given RV all he could have handled.

I think it's the RV fans that don't like that, not the other way around. Of course, we'll never know. RV went to the GPs and it didn't go so well.

Either way, Aldon helped Dungey, and even Dungey himself admits it. So I don't take Uptite too seriously when he claims otherwise.
Zycki11
9/1/2021 8:00am
UpTiTe wrote:
nrosso391 wrote:
I don't buy into the line that Dungey only started winning because RV left. 2015 Dungey was a different animal that the previous years, except for...
I don't buy into the line that Dungey only started winning because RV left. 2015 Dungey was a different animal that the previous years, except for maybe his 2010 and 11 seasons (in 2011, the only thing that prevented Dungey from getting the outdoor title was running out of gas), and would have given RV all he could have handled.

I think it's the RV fans that don't like that, not the other way around. Of course, we'll never know. RV went to the GPs and it didn't go so well.

Either way, Aldon helped Dungey, and even Dungey himself admits it. So I don't take Uptite too seriously when he claims otherwise.
Reedy had both of them handled and Dungey frustrated out of his mind. Chad kept outsmarting Ryan.
9/1/2021 8:22am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2021 8:26am
Zycki11 wrote:
Reedy had both of them handled and Dungey frustrated out of his mind. Chad kept outsmarting Ryan.
I don't agree with that either. If you give Dungey the 25 points, him and Reed would have been relatively close in points. Also, I'm not willing to extend as much charity with loss of points to a crash as I am to someone running out of gas, it having a mechanical.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1222nd
9/1/2021 9:45am
You might want to get his back story. He’s definitely made some very smart decisions regarding mx and life lol
Yeah I´m sure... And no I am not interested at all on getting his back story.

He said "To say any of those needed him is just stupid"

So JS,RC, RV, RD and a lot of guys thought they needed him so they hired him and had great succes. Yeah they were champions before but sometimes to keep being a champion is the hardest part. (so are they stupid?? HELL NO)

So yeah I stand by what I said I think they are smarter(in this topic not in general), because the choice they made brought them great success.
10/19/2021 6:09pm
Now Osborne is out of the factory according to pulp.
No shocker there. Bakers Factory is not for racers in the final year/twilight of their careers. Especially those with 20 years of injuries. I’ll be pulling for Zach and think he made the right decision for himself given his injuries.
wreckitrandy
10/19/2021 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2021 6:57pm
I've got no dog in the fight but, I do have a couple of questions.
1- Since becoming a trainer, what is Aldon's win / loss record in 450 mx / sx?
2- If Malcom starts winning 450 sx mains, (I'm really hoping that he does) does Aldon get,,,,
a- All the credit. ie, Mookie only had one podium prior
b- Some of the credit. ie, gotta give it up to the team
c- None of the credit. ie, Malcom was already a 250 champ

One more,
How many titles have been won by people who left his program?

bigk218
Fantasy
3130th
10/19/2021 7:27pm
All the main guys there have either won championships and are in a position to lay back, or are extremely successful and are nearing the end of their career and can also lay back a little. It’s that simple
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/19/2021 7:41pm
DV training Musquin. Also training Colt Nichols.
JamesReed
10/19/2021 7:46pm
I feel like having all those fast guys around to do motos, like When Ando, Zacho, and Webb were there definitely helped their early lap intensity in the races, and lowered their anxiety. It has to be easier come racetime when you've been practice racing with your competition all week, vs doing it solo like Tomac or K-Roc and just relying on conditioning.

I think Malcolm is going to do really well with Aldon, though. He's been faster these last few years and looked leaner, and hopefully Aldon can take that progression to the next level.
mx313
10/19/2021 11:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2021 12:10am
I've got no dog in the fight but, I do have a couple of questions. 1- Since becoming a trainer, what is Aldon's win / loss...
2- If Malcom starts winning 450 sx mains, (I'm really hoping that he does) does Aldon get,,,,

One more,

450 record. He has won a lot. But recently he has had a few riders. Like musquin he has been in 450s with aldon for about 7 years. So he is 0/14 championships.
Dean Wilson was there this year. Was he any better?

How many titles have been won after leaving aldon?
Not many. But the point most ppl make is riders end their careers with him. They are successful in 250s winning multiple titles. Then join him to race the peak of there careers.
10/20/2021 6:44am
In 2019 Malcolm looked phenomenal through the woops. Was fasted bike on track at A1 then again in Phoenix til he crashed. Never looked as good in 2020 or 2021. Now he’s got a 2 year factory deal and he’s Aldons #1 guy. He probably has the most talent of anyone on the track and Aldon has a record of training the winning guy 10 out of the last 11 seasons.

Malcolm Stewart this is his time to get it done! if he wins an early race, the floodgates will open.
tek14
10/20/2021 8:14am
Plessinger will be at Bakers.
wreckitrandy
10/20/2021 8:48am
I've got no dog in the fight but, I do have a couple of questions. 1- Since becoming a trainer, what is Aldon's win / loss...

One more,

mx313 wrote:
450 record. He has won a lot. But recently he has had a few riders. Like musquin he has been in 450s with aldon for about...
450 record. He has won a lot. But recently he has had a few riders. Like musquin he has been in 450s with aldon for about 7 years. So he is 0/14 championships.
Dean Wilson was there this year. Was he any better?

How many titles have been won after leaving aldon?
Not many. But the point most ppl make is riders end their careers with him. They are successful in 250s winning multiple titles. Then join him to race the peak of there careers.
I see. So even though one of Baker's guys was winning pretty consistently, the fact that three of his other guys were losing, pulls his percentage down?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/20/2021 11:35am
I honeslty don't know who's left. I know Jess Pettis is supposed to be heading to the Baker's Factory to train for SX, but he's obviously not full time.
Jeffery_Cutty
10/20/2021 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2021 12:37pm
Hampshire. Pulp made it sound like Zach left because he didn't want to be the best guy there

Post a reply to: Lot of guys leaving Baker?

The Latest