Lot of guys leaving Baker?

STLSharky
8/30/2021 10:31am
Seems like a lot of guys are jumping off the Baker train. Has his training been matched/superseded with a smaller price tag? He only has one...
Seems like a lot of guys are jumping off the Baker train. Has his training been matched/superseded with a smaller price tag? He only has one guy in the top 5 out of both classes I believe, which is RJ.
blah blah blah elite program for the elite
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
8/30/2021 12:11pm
UpTiTe wrote:
There is no doubt in my mind that those guys thought they were better with Aldon. There is also no doubt in my mind that those...
There is no doubt in my mind that those guys thought they were better with Aldon. There is also no doubt in my mind that those guys would’ve had the same titles without Aldon.
Your talking out of both sides of your mouth. If the guys believed they were better then they were better end of story. The mental side of this sport is a huge part of success. To take your example and throw away all the physical gains they probably saw as well and only take in account they believed that were better that can actually manifest itself into actually performance gains. So just believing your better can actually have real world physical benefits. If they never trained with aldon they never would have had that belief and this never reached that level of confidence.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/30/2021 12:37pm
SCC wrote:
Get rid of DeCoster. Get rid of Baker. Get rid of everyone. Vital 2021. Hope the next moderator gets rid of 100% of the members on...
Get rid of DeCoster. Get rid of Baker. Get rid of everyone. Vital 2021. Hope the next moderator gets rid of 100% of the members on this forum. It needs a complete reboot and pay per post to be “vital” as a resource instead of the negative urinal it currently is.
Found the KTM Fanboy
GForce MMG wrote:
Like all your posts you are 100% wrong again. Kawasaki for life. Fanboy of zero riders. Been a great year of racing even if Kawi wins...
Like all your posts you are 100% wrong again. Kawasaki for life. Fanboy of zero riders. Been a great year of racing even if Kawi wins nothing.
I think you responded from the wrong account
DonM
8/30/2021 12:43pm
tprice07 wrote:
He has had a much higher turnover. None of us will ever know so all we can do is speculate. That said, if I were a...
He has had a much higher turnover. None of us will ever know so all we can do is speculate.

That said, if I were a top rider, paying this guy top dollar for his services and facilities, I would want his focus and attention. Pair that with the lack of fun they have in that program and I think you have the answer as to why people are leaving.
Higher turnover?….based on what?…Higher than who?….I guess nobody’s ever left Swanie…or Johnny O…or any other trainer….Aldon has also trained more champions than almost all other trainers combined…

The Shop

tprice07
8/30/2021 2:02pm
tprice07 wrote:
He has had a much higher turnover. None of us will ever know so all we can do is speculate. That said, if I were a...
He has had a much higher turnover. None of us will ever know so all we can do is speculate.

That said, if I were a top rider, paying this guy top dollar for his services and facilities, I would want his focus and attention. Pair that with the lack of fun they have in that program and I think you have the answer as to why people are leaving.
DonM wrote:
Higher turnover?….based on what?…Higher than who?….I guess nobody’s ever left Swanie…or Johnny O…or any other trainer….Aldon has also trained more champions than almost all other trainers...
Higher turnover?….based on what?…Higher than who?….I guess nobody’s ever left Swanie…or Johnny O…or any other trainer….Aldon has also trained more champions than almost all other trainers combined…
I should have specified, higher turnover as of late. My theory was that as he added more people to the program his turnover rate increased. Prior to taking on two guys he seemed to have stayed with guys longer. Ricky, James, RV, then Dungey. I could be wrong, I haven't dug that far into it. I don't have any issue with Aldon. I think his approach has helped elevate the athleticism of the sport.
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
8/30/2021 5:50pm
UpTiTe wrote:
There is no doubt in my mind that those guys thought they were better with Aldon. There is also no doubt in my mind that those...
There is no doubt in my mind that those guys thought they were better with Aldon. There is also no doubt in my mind that those guys would’ve had the same titles without Aldon.
Renner153 wrote:
So feeling better and more confident isnt considered getting better?
UpTiTe wrote:
It obviously is, but you’re smart enough to know that they would’ve won the same amount without them.
So basically, RV got more confident, confidence = better RV, but he didn’t actually get better?
emohteeoh
8/30/2021 6:18pm
Kawboy14! wrote:
Just ask Osborne if his program works! I think if I was a Pro and paid for 3 years of his training, I might have a...
Just ask Osborne if his program works!

I think if I was a Pro and paid for 3 years of his training, I might have a good idea of what to do without him tho.
Thats what I've always thought. After a couple yrs what do you need him for? Yes there's something to be said for having someone push you...
Thats what I've always thought. After a couple yrs what do you need him for? Yes there's something to be said for having someone push you to work harder and call you out when you're slacking. But you adapt, you're a pro, push yourself
Sometimes it’s not really about pushing yourself harder. Highly motivated athletes need someone to pull on the reins a little bit and keep things in check. Having someone there to write training is one less thing these already thinly spread dudes have to worry about.
Kawboy14!
8/30/2021 6:48pm
UpTiTe wrote:
No they didn’t, RC and RV did what they were going to do, and Dungey started winning because RV retired.
xrmark wrote:
RV 100% got better with Aldon. He’s even said it himself and it was 100% clear when he made the switch.
UpTiTe wrote:
I don’t believe RV got better, I believe RV thinks he got better, which resulted in his confidence growing, and a confident RV is a deadly...
I don’t believe RV got better, I believe RV thinks he got better, which resulted in his confidence growing, and a confident RV is a deadly RV.

I’ve said this a million times, if Johnny O’mara moves to Florida like RC wanted him to, nobody in motocross knows who Aldon Baker is. Aldon didn’t do anything special that O’mara didn’t teach him, or already knew.

RV was out of shape just like RC prior to Baker factory.
8/30/2021 7:01pm
xrmark wrote:
RV 100% got better with Aldon. He’s even said it himself and it was 100% clear when he made the switch.
UpTiTe wrote:
I don’t believe RV got better, I believe RV thinks he got better, which resulted in his confidence growing, and a confident RV is a deadly...
I don’t believe RV got better, I believe RV thinks he got better, which resulted in his confidence growing, and a confident RV is a deadly RV.

I’ve said this a million times, if Johnny O’mara moves to Florida like RC wanted him to, nobody in motocross knows who Aldon Baker is. Aldon didn’t do anything special that O’mara didn’t teach him, or already knew.

Kawboy14! wrote:
Out of shape is an exaggeration no? RV 3 straight 250 mx titles. RC 3 straight 125 titles. Got them into better shape is more accurate
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
8/30/2021 7:17pm
xrmark wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:

Kawboy14! wrote:
Show me a picture of either one being out of shape before Aldon.

RC was training with O’mara and was in incredible shape.

RV was training with Spencer, he too was in great shape. RV switched because he felt Aldon would be full time and could better manage his diet.
Kawboy14!
8/30/2021 7:21pm
Baker got them in shape for the 450!

Say it however you want to. Even Herlings agrees he offers a lot.
LungButter
8/30/2021 7:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2021 7:40pm
Decoster & KTM like Baker so much because Rog and Aldon have a huge thing in common…they’ve both made a career out of helping riders win that woulda won with or without them.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
8/30/2021 7:45pm
UpTiTe wrote:

Kawboy14! wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Show me a picture of either one being out of shape before Aldon. RC was training with O’mara and was in incredible shape. RV was training...

RV was training with Spencer, he too was in great shape. RV switched because he felt Aldon would be full time and could better manage his diet.
I know when I’m in shape I’m always looking for someone to let me pay them $250k to manage my diet, lol!
8/31/2021 3:04am
UpTiTe wrote:
Show me a picture of either one being out of shape before Aldon. RC was training with O’mara and was in incredible shape. RV was training...

That right there is fat villopoto (in his own words) prior to joining aldon baker. Ryan had admitted many times that he was not in shape in 2009/ 2010 season and was quite porky.

8/31/2021 3:29am
UpTiTe wrote:

That right there is fat villopoto (in his own words) prior to joining aldon baker. Ryan had admitted many times that he was not in shape...
That right there is fat villopoto (in his own words) prior to joining aldon baker. Ryan had admitted many times that he was not in shape in 2009/ 2010 season and was quite porky.

There’s a movie on YouTube with RV and he literally says he was out of shape until baker. Maybe the RV 2 be continued or called something like that.
JustMX
8/31/2021 4:27am
mxrose3 wrote:
Didn't Roczen leave AB and then ate a slice of pizza and had a beer after a race just to mock his training program? He was...
Didn't Roczen leave AB and then ate a slice of pizza and had a beer after a race just to mock his training program? He was basically saying 'I don't have to eat healthy all of the time'.
So, using the logic of some in this arguement....

So kr94 started eating pizza and drinking beer, and hasn't won a title since....
Zycki11
8/31/2021 6:51am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2021 6:55am
UpTiTe wrote:
No they didn’t, RC and RV did what they were going to do, and Dungey started winning because RV retired.
xrmark wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:

Omara isn’t the end all be all either. He ran JMart straight into the ground. It took Jeremy two seasons to recover.

Look, a trainer can do a ton of things. Or they can be glorified stopwatches with excel spreadsheets. Why do you think DV is a trainer with Dylan? He’s successful because he knows what it takes

I’d you are spending 300k a year on a trainer who tells you what to eat and places you on a strict regimen and you like it, then stick with it.

If you have been in that program for a couple of years and understand what your body needs, save the money and continue on your own. Have someone hold you accountable if you struggle with that and continue on. The “trainers” in moto aren’t the end all be all.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1116th
8/31/2021 8:26am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2021 8:30am
mxrose3 wrote:
Didn't Roczen leave AB and then ate a slice of pizza and had a beer after a race just to mock his training program? He was...
Didn't Roczen leave AB and then ate a slice of pizza and had a beer after a race just to mock his training program? He was basically saying 'I don't have to eat healthy all of the time'.
JustMX wrote:

So kr94 started eating pizza and drinking beer, and hasn't won a title since....
Yeah, thats kind of what I was getting at. Roczen's fitness has been in question ever since. I mean i'm sure his fitness program is good,
But there's got to be a happy medium between getting burnt out at Bakers Marine corp camp and just relying on pizza and beer. lol
ATKpilot99
8/31/2021 8:38am
mxrose3 wrote:
JustMX wrote:

Was he still training with Baker during his 2016 title run on the Suzuki ? I thought he dropped him before that.
8/31/2021 8:57am
mxrose3 wrote:
JustMX wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:
Was he still training with Baker during his 2016 title run on the Suzuki ? I thought he dropped him before that.
He wasn't using Baker in 2016 and had one of the most dominant mx seasons ever.
8/31/2021 9:06am
Webb said he was so burnt out he was contemplating retirement. The results speak for themselves, Aldons guys win. They also burn out way before they're even 30yrs old. RV hated racing. That seem right to you?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
8/31/2021 9:22am
UpTiTe wrote:

That right there is fat villopoto (in his own words) prior to joining aldon baker. Ryan had admitted many times that he was not in shape...

You guys are right, RC wouldn’t have been the GOAT, RVs fat ass would’ve got smoked by Alessi and Dungey, and 8 time national champ Ryan Dungey would only have the 4 titles he won before he hired him.
Zycki11
8/31/2021 9:23am
So when do donuts get brought into the equation?
8/31/2021 9:23am
Webb said he was so burnt out he was contemplating retirement. The results speak for themselves, Aldons guys win. They also burn out way before they're...
Webb said he was so burnt out he was contemplating retirement. The results speak for themselves, Aldons guys win. They also burn out way before they're even 30yrs old. RV hated racing. That seem right to you?
It’s None of my business to say this but it was in his documentary if you ever watched it. Rv started hating racing for many reasons besides “training”. Family issues with his dad and little sister,money problems, also the drama with his wife come to mind. You can blame Aldons program all you like but put it in perspective first.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
8/31/2021 9:26am
Webb said he was so burnt out he was contemplating retirement. The results speak for themselves, Aldons guys win. They also burn out way before they're...
It’s None of my business to say this but it was in his documentary if you ever watched it. Rv started hating racing for many reasons...
It’s None of my business to say this but it was in his documentary if you ever watched it. Rv started hating racing for many reasons besides “training”. Family issues with his dad and little sister,money problems, also the drama with his wife come to mind. You can blame Aldons program all you like but put it in perspective first.
In the same documentary, he said as a kid he didn’t particularly like racing, it was just what the family did together. He also said it was just a job to him because he was good at it, not because he loved it.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
8/31/2021 10:13am
UpTiTe wrote:
In the same documentary, he said as a kid he didn’t particularly like racing, it was just what the family did together. He also said it...
In the same documentary, he said as a kid he didn’t particularly like racing, it was just what the family did together. He also said it was just a job to him because he was good at it, not because he loved it.
A lot of champions say that it´s harder to keep being a champion than being a champion for the first time.

I think Aldon has a lot of merit for that, of course not all but Men what is it with you and Aldon?? haha it seems like you are obsessed with him or you are jealous of people praising him.

I don't think you are smarter than JS, RC, RV, RD so yeah Aldon is a great Trainer wether you like or not and he works hard and has earned what he has, deal with it.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
8/31/2021 10:53am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2021 10:55am
UpTiTe wrote:
In the same documentary, he said as a kid he didn’t particularly like racing, it was just what the family did together. He also said it...
Pakoyz250f wrote:
A lot of champions say that it´s harder to keep being a champion than being a champion for the first time. I think Aldon has a...
A lot of champions say that it´s harder to keep being a champion than being a champion for the first time.

I think Aldon has a lot of merit for that, of course not all but Men what is it with you and Aldon?? haha it seems like you are obsessed with him or you are jealous of people praising him.

I don't think you are smarter than JS, RC, RV, RD so yeah Aldon is a great Trainer wether you like or not and he works hard and has earned what he has, deal with it.
Jealous? Naw, I’ve cut out a decent life for myself

I don’t dislike him at all, and he is a smart trainer. I just irritates me that people go on and on about how guys need him to win. RC won 4 titles without him. RV won 3 titles and a crash away from a fourth. Dungey won 5 of his 8 titles without him. To say any of those needed him is just stupid.

His structure helped Anderson and Zacko for sure, but it didn’t help several others.

Me being smarter than RC, JS, RV, or RD? Really, I’m a pretty smart guy.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
8/31/2021 11:20am
UpTiTe wrote:
Jealous? Naw, I’ve cut out a decent life for myself I don’t dislike him at all, and he is a smart trainer. I just irritates me...
Jealous? Naw, I’ve cut out a decent life for myself

I don’t dislike him at all, and he is a smart trainer. I just irritates me that people go on and on about how guys need him to win. RC won 4 titles without him. RV won 3 titles and a crash away from a fourth. Dungey won 5 of his 8 titles without him. To say any of those needed him is just stupid.

His structure helped Anderson and Zacko for sure, but it didn’t help several others.

Me being smarter than RC, JS, RV, or RD? Really, I’m a pretty smart guy.
Yeaaaah right... carry on haha

And smart regards MX and the decisions they made and where they took them.

"Half of being smart is knowing what you are dumb about"

philG
8/31/2021 12:37pm
Turning champions into champions since 2005

Post a reply to: Lot of guys leaving Baker?

The Latest