Lot of guys leaving Baker?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2021 8:40 AM

Seems like a lot of guys are jumping off the Baker train. Has his training been matched/superseded with a smaller price tag? He only has one guy in the top 5 out of both classes I believe, which is RJ.

|

8/29/2021 9:31 AM

ButteryWaffles wrote:

Seems like a lot of guys are jumping off the Baker train. Has his training been matched/superseded with a smaller price tag? ...more

He doesn't have the superstars he used to have. Guys like RC, RV, and Dungey were winning machines.

|

8/29/2021 9:58 AM

I really hope Vohland doesn't get burnt out down there.

|

8/29/2021 11:06 AM

Webb and Anderson specifically won titles with him. It seems like these guys aren't as happy grinding year after year to try and stack titles. Maybe they'd rather grind for a few years, reach their goals and move on to have a longer lasting career. Not to say they don't work as hard when they move on, just a different kind of working hard.

|

8/29/2021 11:37 AM

Star and their program seem to be killing it. Tomac on his own program seems yo be good prior to 2021. Dont have Baker. We shall see in Supercross. More teams have their own facilities which baker was one of the first to do that.

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F

8/29/2021 11:45 AM

Is Marvin still there?

|

8/29/2021 11:46 AM

Funny how bakers program seems to produce more SX titles than outdoor titles.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

8/29/2021 11:48 AM

Racers invest at different times in their careers. Cooper knows his worth and where to invest it. Smart choice to diversify your portfolio when a stock gets stale……

|

8/29/2021 11:51 AM

I think baker was ahead of the game. He won a lot of titles and people caught on. The gap in his program and others isn’t near as big, if at all, as it was even 5 or 6 years ago.

|

8/29/2021 12:18 PM

Baker - We turn winners into winners

|

8/29/2021 12:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2021 12:34 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Aldon Baker…making the best better.

How many Bakers Factory guys have won a title, then suddenly start turning consistent 4th-9th place finishes? Not slamming Aldon…but his grind is certainly not for everybody. It burns a lot of guys out.

|

8/29/2021 12:41 PM

He doesn’t have any champions riding for him, so he isn’t winning champions. He won’t win any titles next year either, unless Mookie somehow lights on fire.

If you look big picture, Swanny has turned more non title guys into champions than Aldon has.

Webb will have a great program next year, and Plessinger may be joining him.

|

8/29/2021 12:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2021 12:46 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

How many Bakers Factory guys have won a title, then suddenly start turning consistent ...more

1, Anderson. Most guys that quit got better.

And who did he actually make better that already had a title?

|

8/29/2021 1:21 PM

Baker has always said that he would rather push his guys to have a short, successful career rather than a long, mediocre career.

|

8/29/2021 2:23 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

I was commenting on guys who had started with Baker, won a title…then left him.

|

8/29/2021 3:16 PM

Just ask Osborne if his program works!

I think if I was a Pro and paid for 3 years of his training, I might have a good idea of what to do without him tho.

|

8/29/2021 3:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2021 3:28 PM

|

8/29/2021 3:29 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

RC, RV, and Dungey all improved with Aldon.

|

8/29/2021 3:30 PM

Kawboy14! wrote:

Just ask Osborne if his program works!

I think if I was a Pro and paid for 3 years of his training, I might have a good idea ...more

Thats what I've always thought. After a couple yrs what do you need him for? Yes there's something to be said for having someone push you to work harder and call you out when you're slacking. But you adapt, you're a pro, push yourself

|

8/29/2021 6:11 PM

Didn't Roczen leave AB and then ate a slice of pizza and had a beer after a race just to mock his training program? He was basically saying 'I don't have to eat healthy all of the time'.

|

8/29/2021 6:13 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

RC just took his shirt off

|

8/29/2021 6:23 PM

mxrose3 wrote:

Didn't Roczen leave AB and then ate a slice of pizza and had a beer after a race just to mock his training program? He was ...more

Ya I definitely remember that.

|

8/29/2021 6:26 PM

Baker his program is successful and can be successful in the future. But in American motocross it is unworkable for a long time, because you've almost no time off. Maybe he needs to give his riders some slack, when they get one or two cheat meals a month, you're working with people. That he tries to push all riders the same, makes me think that he isn't that great of a trainer that some think, you create programs for athletes but he select athletes for his program.

|

8/29/2021 7:11 PM

davistld01 wrote:

How many Bakers Factory guys have won a title, then suddenly start turning consistent ...more

UpTiTe wrote:

Suicidal_Tendencies wrote:

RC, RV, and Dungey all improved with Aldon.

No they didn’t, RC and RV did what they were going to do, and Dungey started winning because RV retired.

|

8/29/2021 7:12 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

I think RC, Arvee and Dungey would disagree.

|

8/29/2021 7:26 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

No they didn’t, RC and RV did what they were going to do, and Dungey started winning because RV retired.

RV 100% got better with Aldon. He’s even said it himself and it was 100% clear when he made the switch.

|

8/29/2021 7:39 PM

xrmark wrote:

RV 100% got better with Aldon. He’s even said it himself and it was 100% clear when he made the switch.

We’re talking 7-10 years ago now. I think Aldon’s program has been matched, if not exceeded with other trainers while allowing riders more freedom to recover/enjoy their jobs.

|

8/29/2021 7:50 PM

ButteryWaffles wrote:

We’re talking 7-10 years ago now. I think Aldon’s program has been matched, if not exceeded with other trainers while allowing ...more

And UpTiTe was specifically talking about 7-10 years ago…

|

8/29/2021 8:11 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

I think RC, Arvee and Dungey would disagree.

Excluding the goat for obvious reasons, Aldon only was a part of 3 outdoor titles with those guys. They were all bad dudes before they hooked up with him.

I agree with you, Aldon turns champions into champions.

|

8/29/2021 8:12 PM

UpTiTe wrote:

xrmark wrote:

ButteryWaffles wrote:

We’re talking 7-10 years ago now. I think Aldon’s program has been matched, if not exceeded with other trainers while allowing ...more

I think any more Swannies program has Aldons beat

|