Lost in the Pulp shuffle: RV calling the accusers out

flarider
7/25/2013 6:52am
How much is a protest at a race?
4stroke4DWIN
7/25/2013 6:56am
So theirs actually people on here that think PED's wouldn't help a rider around the track. *sigh* ok here's an example that some of the brain dead non believers may comprehend and can test out themselves. It's no secret that caffeine robs your blood of oxygen go drink some cokes for a month and ride and see if your stamina takes a hit. It will, period.

PED's work on the same principles but in positive ways. You can ride harder longer . So if cokes can affect your riding I'm 100% that peds can help you ride better.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
7/25/2013 7:06am
So, who actually listened to the discussion on Pulp where this came up? Because it was a lot more involved than the recasting going on here, and the 100k thing was a very small part of it.

What sort of testing program would work if use can be hidden? Because the argument in this toilet bowl of a thread seems to be circling around "users can evade even the best tests and RV so RV is lying."

If you can't test, and RV's negative tests mean nothing, and his advocacy of testing means nothing, and his offer to have someone put his money where his mouth is (a small part of the Pulp discussion) actually "proves" he is juicing, then this has been reduced to a conclusion where the only fact is RV wins, and with that single fact he must be juicing. And that's BS.

If people are concerned with ped use in the sport, then it would be better to deal with that generally and focus on what can be done about that (not some simple ass generalization that they should test) rather that have a witch hunt focusing on one guy because he wins. And be sure to deal with the costs of that and their affect on a small, economically fragile sport, because the one thing that's clear is that billion dollar sports are wrapped up in expensive efforts to have credible and fair programs and still are struggling with effectiveness in finding out cheaters. Which, at the end of the day, will leave us where we are now:!with accusers who have no basis for accusation other than a guy's performance.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
7/25/2013 7:13am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2013 7:14am
flarider wrote:
How much is a protest at a race?
They actually discussed that sort of option, where twice in season anyone could put a rider to the test by coughing up the cost of the test. As I understood the discussion, this would be in addition to whatever formal testing program was in play. And RV was not opposed to that.

But where we actually are is that people have their minds made up usually based on who they root for. The people who believe RV is cheating will simply believe he beat the test if he tests clean, regardless of whether its a program test, a protest test, or a 100k bet test.

The Shop

slipdog
7/25/2013 7:18am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2013 7:18am
I believe this to be similar to the LA deal, "If" RV is on PED's, so is the rest of the contenders and in the end RV still wins...
Crush
7/25/2013 7:20am
There is a lot of fuckin bullshit statements being thrown around in this thread.... Surprised the mods haven't shut it down.

RV has won all his life... Why would he suddenly now be juicing?

Yeah he's fitter this year than last, and the year before, but do any of you goto the gym? That's what happens when you train every day and eat well. Some of you are talking like he went from last to first!!!

The only thing he has that the others don't is a fucking big set of balls and the willingness to keep his right wrist wfo when others won't.

BTW, he was like that when he was on 80s
lrantan
7/25/2013 8:49am
So theirs actually people on here that think PED's wouldn't help a rider around the track. *sigh* ok here's an example that some of the brain...
So theirs actually people on here that think PED's wouldn't help a rider around the track. *sigh* ok here's an example that some of the brain dead non believers may comprehend and can test out themselves. It's no secret that caffeine robs your blood of oxygen go drink some cokes for a month and ride and see if your stamina takes a hit. It will, period.

PED's work on the same principles but in positive ways. You can ride harder longer . So if cokes can affect your riding I'm 100% that peds can help you ride better.
Really? This is your explanation for all of the "brain dead non believers"?

So if I drink cokes for a month and it affects my performance then the conclusion from this experiment is, of course, that PEDs will greatly increase it because PEDs work the opposite of coke.

Sounds to me like this explanation is the same as this one --> RV is winning all the time so he is most definitely using PEDs

Can this thread get any more retarded?
CAB214
7/25/2013 9:01am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2013 9:16am
Nicknku wrote:
RC was hopped up from Aldon, RC taught the Dungenator how, JS7 was freaked out by the whole deal and let Aldon go and now RV...
RC was hopped up from Aldon, RC taught the Dungenator how, JS7 was freaked out by the whole deal and let Aldon go and now RV is using the special sauce. If you seriously think PEDs are not in use when there is ZERO testing for them I'm sorry for your naïveté.

You guys are thinking too hard. Take a step back.

1 - Cokes probably aren’t a good example of a caffeine supplement. Try coffee. Completely healthy and does not "rob your blood of oxygen".

2 - I hear old farts saying "I wish I could go back and feel like I was 25 again"..... BOOM! That's roids. It doesn’t give you arm pump or any of this BS. It enables you to use the same skills you have developed over the years but at your physical prime.

3 - Saying that just doing roids won’t make you faster. WHAT? NO SHIT SHERLOCK! That's the same as saying "Here is a factory Kawasaki, I know you ride the C class but this bike will make you as fast as Villi.” These drugs are made for people that are already there and looking for another edge. The same reason pros use magnesium hubs. Guess what? RVs bike wasn’t as trick at Loretta’s as it is now but does that mean he should just ride a stock Kawi? I mean why not? Fuck it, he's fast right?
7/25/2013 9:49am
Again.....

Lance was beating a dozen riders that were failing tests, while he claimed innocence.

To answer my own question before, it is minor league baseball players who are getting busted at a higher rate than guys in the majors.

Many of you (on both sides of the argument) have a pretty loose grasp on what PEDs can do, how the tests are run, and what it takes to hide them.
drmarkr
7/25/2013 10:55am
drmarkr wrote:
A swing and a miss......
Outsider wrote:
Really? So you have experience with this stuff right?
Just a little..... my Master's Thesis was on the subject......
7/25/2013 11:03am
PEDs have evolved just a smidge since the 60s.
Walter
7/25/2013 11:15am
Adam43 wrote:
Lance Armstrong was possibly the most tested athlete ever, and he beat the WADA tests like a rented mule.
Although he beat a lot of them (microdosing was the main reason), we now know this was not altogether true. The retest of some of his samples using more up to date protocols came up positive, one of his tests was positive and they came up with an after the fact TUE, and much is being said of other positive tests that were positive but covered up.

Tyler Hamilton's book addresses some of that.

All of that said, most of the tests are behind the technology of doping.

The profile created by a biological passport seems to be turning up some good results and the drug makers putting genetic markers in the drug has tripped up a couple of folks (Ricco for one).
Outsider
7/25/2013 11:30am
drmarkr wrote:
A swing and a miss......
Outsider wrote:
drmarkr wrote:
Awesome! An expert!

So, the anaerobic/aerobic demands of competitive road cycling are the same as for professional motocross? Do you believe steroids are beneficial for moto?
dirtnasty
7/25/2013 12:30pm
Insider347 wrote:
I have to agree with Smeg on this one, PED's will help a racer. It's not just take them and go faster but what it helps...
I have to agree with Smeg on this one, PED's will help a racer. It's not just take them and go faster but what it helps you accomplish, working out, riding more, focus longer etc. and in return you will get faster.

I don't think RV is taking them, he is just an animal!!

I think the biggest thing that probably is going on and I say MAYBE (just guessing) is the amount of young kids coming up now that are on Adderall, Vyvanse, Concerta etc. My son is taking it for ADHD and it seems like every other kid in his school is too. Let me tell you that these are prescribed a lot these days and they definitely help one focus and stay on point. I don't think they are in any way a big advantage for MX but if they are illegal or considered a PED by the AMA or MXSports then it could be an issue if they ever test. Just something I thought of.
Man if I had a kid I can't imagine ever giving them an amphetamines prescription. I've taken a standard dose once before to do a paper in college... never again. That stuff is nasty. Not telling you how to parent, but there's gotta be healthier alternatives eh?
CAB214
7/25/2013 2:32pm
Outsider wrote:
drmarkr wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Awesome! An expert!

So, the anaerobic/aerobic demands of competitive road cycling are the same as for professional motocross? Do you believe steroids are beneficial for moto?
Yes, yes.
CAB214
7/25/2013 2:39pm
That would have to do with his workout regimen, not the roids. You can workout to build mass or stamina. Counterintuitive plans.
wacker
7/25/2013 3:51pm
One person got onto this subject a bit in this thread but I find it all too ironic that the top 3 dudes from this weekend have direct ties to Aldon. Dungey trained with RC and Aldon and is disciplined enough to put in the work himself. James had Aldon and figured he learned enough to not need to pay for the services and look at RV now. If Aldon wasn't with RV he would al,ost certainly be on Dungey's payroll. They all know the program and what is or isn't happening. And, whether or not people are using RV still goes faster. Could Stewart step up and say RV is using? Yeah, but who was his trainer when he was winning? Oops. Damn it. RC's too. There are 3 top guys who are generally substantially better then everyone else their entire lives and they still finish 123 and they all know and have or could afford the "program" and RV still goes faster.

This industry is tiny compared to what the keyboard warriors believe. Everyone knows everything.

And, for the record I don't believe those guys are doping. If they are, its EVERYONE and the sport will collapse.

As much as the millions they have to gain, there is too much to lose.

Work hard and twist the throttle.
smeg
7/25/2013 4:27pm
Outsider wrote:
drmarkr wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Awesome! An expert!

Outsider................... This has to be trolling, right??? You can't really doubt that PEDs would help a motocrosser. I'm sorry but it is such an absurd contention as to be unbelievable.

PEDs help football players...........................That's why they use them
PEDs help baseball players.........................That's why they use them
PEDs help distance runners........................That's why they use them
PEDs help sprinters.....................................That's why they use them
PEDs help bicyclists....................................That's why they use them
PEDs help weightlifters...............................That's why they use them
PEDs help boxers........................................That's why they use them
Ect................
rcm406
7/25/2013 5:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2013 5:57pm
What I find strange is the fact that all these top racers had trainers before Aldon! Semics, Spencer, Lawrence, O'show etc....Why do all these racers think they needed Aldon to be at their very best? What in the world does he bring to the table that other top trainers didn't? Hmmm
Outsider
7/25/2013 5:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2013 5:56pm
smeg wrote:
Outsider................... This has to be trolling, right??? You can't really doubt that PEDs would help a motocrosser. I'm sorry but it is such an absurd contention...
Outsider................... This has to be trolling, right??? You can't really doubt that PEDs would help a motocrosser. I'm sorry but it is such an absurd contention as to be unbelievable.

PEDs help football players...........................That's why they use them
PEDs help baseball players.........................That's why they use them
PEDs help distance runners........................That's why they use them
PEDs help sprinters.....................................That's why they use them
PEDs help bicyclists....................................That's why they use them
PEDs help weightlifters...............................That's why they use them
PEDs help boxers........................................That's why they use them
Ect................
You can't even narrow down which class of drug you wanna throw accusations about!

"PED's help" yeah, ok...Laughable!

BTW.. is arm pump a factor in any of those other sports?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
7/25/2013 6:09pm
So, what should the testing program look like?
motogrady
7/25/2013 6:17pm
Freakin empty accusers should be ashamed of yourselves.
Because a guy get's it together, well, has had it together
since he was a little kid, he's saucing.

No matter how much the guy complies with the program,
because there's something out there that might get by the current tests,
he's guilty.

How can a guy win in those conditions?
The finger pointers, like a heroin addict on dope, will never be satisfied.
They will always shed a light of doubt on anything they feel they want or need to.
Be it fact or fiction.
So really, how can a guy like RV ever win the argument?
He's a winner, he's a cheater.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
7/25/2013 6:58pm
motogrady wrote:
Freakin empty accusers should be ashamed of yourselves. Because a guy get's it together, well, has had it together since he was a little kid, he's...
Freakin empty accusers should be ashamed of yourselves.
Because a guy get's it together, well, has had it together
since he was a little kid, he's saucing.

No matter how much the guy complies with the program,
because there's something out there that might get by the current tests,
he's guilty.

How can a guy win in those conditions?
The finger pointers, like a heroin addict on dope, will never be satisfied.
They will always shed a light of doubt on anything they feel they want or need to.
Be it fact or fiction.
So really, how can a guy like RV ever win the argument?
He's a winner, he's a cheater.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
I'm not sure if anyone has singled out one rider. RV is in the discussion because he offered up 100K. It is pretty common knowledge that the sport is not clean, you can chose to ignore or accept the fact.

To me I really don't care if it is legal or not, I would just prefer a level playing field. Make it available to all the riders and not just the ones that can pay trainers 250k a year. Along with transponders they can hand out vials/needles and IV's

And for the record I believe RV is the most talented and driven rider in racing
bd
7/26/2013 3:56pm
bd wrote:
If I take PEDs, will I twist the throttle and brake later?
jamma10 wrote:
No, but they might allow you to ride at or beyond your [u]natural[/u] physical limit for the full 30+2 and help eradicate small mistakes caused by...
No, but they might allow you to ride at or beyond your natural physical limit for the full 30+2 and help eradicate small mistakes caused by fatigue towards the end of a moto.
With out question:

RV with out PED vs RV with out PED.... RV PED wins hands down. I agree.

Note: I do not believe these riders are on PEDs until evidence is displayed disputing my hyothesis. Making claims against riders without sufficient evidence is bull shit
Corey_Tallent
7/26/2013 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2013 8:17pm
I am going to chime in here and realize this everyone...I dont know a damn thing about motorcross. I am only a fan on the sidelines. I watch the races with passion and I love every second of motorcross and supercross. I love what these guys do by putting themselves on the line every race. This is not an easy sport...only that can I realize and fully understand with comprehension.

Looking back over the years I do see a common "decline" in the "racing" side of either sport (MX or SX) and the biggest thing is not the idea that PEDs are possibly involved (I may choke on crow someday, but I do myself not believe it for an instant!), but that racing is taken aback by the rule book and the pocket book.

Go back to 1989, 90, 91 and think of some of the riders who were racing then. Damon Bradshaw comes to mind, as well as Jeff M. and few other guys that were not afraid to mix it up and put someone over a hay bale if it came down to it and if there were fines, they were minimal compared to what a rider loses today and most of the riders are paid "crap" for putting their lives on the line every race for their sport and our entertainment.

Back then, Bradshaw ghosting Jeff M., with his bike not only made the "story line" (if you will,..not saying this is scripted or WWE) more stronger and drove fans passion mad, but it also drove other riders to either be faster, stay in the back to avoid Bradshaw or whoever else who was relentless with their drive to win.

Nowadays, the fines are severe and can result in a rider literally losing their season, career and much more for being overly aggressive with another rider. The bikes have gotten faster but the underlying story is the same..., if you want to win, you have to move people out of the way. RV is the best there is at this. I admit that even though I am 100% a Dungey fan. RV is not afraid to risk himself (he rarely takes someone else out in the process of moving ahead) but he isnt afraid to take a fall to gain a position and thats unfortunately what I see lacking in every other rider now, even Dungey.

Stewart used to have it. Reed used to have it, but they both either have settled into a "just get through" attitude or they are considering their own future (do they want to be beat up by their crashes if their aggressiveness fails and backfires?). RV is young yet and possibly can afford to take that necessary risk to hold the gas when others let off for a turn. If RV can use the rider in front of him as a catapult in a corner to get ahead, he sees no problem doing it and again, he RARELY ever takes anyone out doing it. The last time I recall it was the same race where RV broke his leg and ankle in St. Louis in 2010.

Look at Trey Canard. He used to be just as aggressive and instinctive as RV was in the 250 class and even put RV on the ground a few times, even once nearly running him into the finish line post. He still has that tendency but I think he realizes that it has hurt him more than helped him sometimes. Trey is an awesome racer and a fantastic human being but even he had a mental toughness that just made him throw all care to the wind and race as hard as anyone and even more so. Justin Barcia also had this tenacity that RV has now at some point but I think he has even leveled out to some extent.

Basically what I am seeing is that RV is the only one out there on the race track willing to put everything, including himself and his future, on the line to win. He will go faster than everyone on a certain part of the track that others back off on. He shoots through a damn corner like pinball bouncing off of a wall and hell to ever is in his way when he does. No, its not that he doesnt care. He probably cares too much about winning and this is from a guy who says he could walk away from this sport without a second thought.

I just think all of the other riders need to do the same thing. If it puts RV in a situation that he isnt comfortable with, RV will back off. If Dungey had pulled in front of RV last week and put on the gas and then cut RV off, even at the risk of both of them going down, I think RV would have finally got the message that Dungey wouldnt settle for that anymore. They may go down a few times like this, but eventually RV would see that someone else has a big as balls as he does and will choose whatever else he can do to get around, but it wouldnt be the over aggressive gassing into a turn that he is famous for.

I dont know anything about motorcross or supercross, but I do know what I see and I see one guy that is waiting for a challenger that will step up and put it to him. Dungey is the only other one that is close enough to do that and until RD does do that, RV will go unchallenged. I dont think that has anything to do with PEDS....I think it just 100% mental!
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
3920th
7/26/2013 8:14pm
Mitch's point about PEDs not making any difference for guys that could not at least hang up front for at least the first 10 minutes was...
Mitch's point about PEDs not making any difference for guys that could not at least hang up front for at least the first 10 minutes was pretty good. Translation, if you haven't got the speed off the gate, anyway, PEDs will only help you run a few seconds a lap slower, longer.
Agreed! They aren't gonna do shit for the speed you just don't have. If your not upfront already, you won't be catching them. You'll just ride slower longerTongue
7/26/2013 8:26pm
So theirs actually people on here that think PED's wouldn't help a rider around the track. *sigh* ok here's an example that some of the brain...

It's lame that no one here can just do their own research to learn about the advantages that they could gain by taking PED's. Instead they wait for you to try to spell it out in a way that a five year old would understand.

If you take HGH you can workout harder more often. It may not take seconds off your lap time directly but it helps you to prepare at a rate faster than you could do without it.
MXR
7/26/2013 8:45pm
I am going to chime in here and realize this everyone...I dont know a damn thing about motorcross. I am only a fan on the sidelines...
I am going to chime in here and realize this everyone...I dont know a damn thing about motorcross. I am only a fan on the sidelines. I watch the races with passion and I love every second of motorcross and supercross. I love what these guys do by putting themselves on the line every race. This is not an easy sport...only that can I realize and fully understand with comprehension.

Looking back over the years I do see a common "decline" in the "racing" side of either sport (MX or SX) and the biggest thing is not the idea that PEDs are possibly involved (I may choke on crow someday, but I do myself not believe it for an instant!), but that racing is taken aback by the rule book and the pocket book.

Go back to 1989, 90, 91 and think of some of the riders who were racing then. Damon Bradshaw comes to mind, as well as Jeff M. and few other guys that were not afraid to mix it up and put someone over a hay bale if it came down to it and if there were fines, they were minimal compared to what a rider loses today and most of the riders are paid "crap" for putting their lives on the line every race for their sport and our entertainment.

Back then, Bradshaw ghosting Jeff M., with his bike not only made the "story line" (if you will,..not saying this is scripted or WWE) more stronger and drove fans passion mad, but it also drove other riders to either be faster, stay in the back to avoid Bradshaw or whoever else who was relentless with their drive to win.

Nowadays, the fines are severe and can result in a rider literally losing their season, career and much more for being overly aggressive with another rider. The bikes have gotten faster but the underlying story is the same..., if you want to win, you have to move people out of the way. RV is the best there is at this. I admit that even though I am 100% a Dungey fan. RV is not afraid to risk himself (he rarely takes someone else out in the process of moving ahead) but he isnt afraid to take a fall to gain a position and thats unfortunately what I see lacking in every other rider now, even Dungey.

Stewart used to have it. Reed used to have it, but they both either have settled into a "just get through" attitude or they are considering their own future (do they want to be beat up by their crashes if their aggressiveness fails and backfires?). RV is young yet and possibly can afford to take that necessary risk to hold the gas when others let off for a turn. If RV can use the rider in front of him as a catapult in a corner to get ahead, he sees no problem doing it and again, he RARELY ever takes anyone out doing it. The last time I recall it was the same race where RV broke his leg and ankle in St. Louis in 2010.

Look at Trey Canard. He used to be just as aggressive and instinctive as RV was in the 250 class and even put RV on the ground a few times, even once nearly running him into the finish line post. He still has that tendency but I think he realizes that it has hurt him more than helped him sometimes. Trey is an awesome racer and a fantastic human being but even he had a mental toughness that just made him throw all care to the wind and race as hard as anyone and even more so. Justin Barcia also had this tenacity that RV has now at some point but I think he has even leveled out to some extent.

Basically what I am seeing is that RV is the only one out there on the race track willing to put everything, including himself and his future, on the line to win. He will go faster than everyone on a certain part of the track that others back off on. He shoots through a damn corner like pinball bouncing off of a wall and hell to ever is in his way when he does. No, its not that he doesnt care. He probably cares too much about winning and this is from a guy who says he could walk away from this sport without a second thought.

I just think all of the other riders need to do the same thing. If it puts RV in a situation that he isnt comfortable with, RV will back off. If Dungey had pulled in front of RV last week and put on the gas and then cut RV off, even at the risk of both of them going down, I think RV would have finally got the message that Dungey wouldnt settle for that anymore. They may go down a few times like this, but eventually RV would see that someone else has a big as balls as he does and will choose whatever else he can do to get around, but it wouldnt be the over aggressive gassing into a turn that he is famous for.

I dont know anything about motorcross or supercross, but I do know what I see and I see one guy that is waiting for a challenger that will step up and put it to him. Dungey is the only other one that is close enough to do that and until RD does do that, RV will go unchallenged. I dont think that has anything to do with PEDS....I think it just 100% mental!
LOL at motorcross .
MXR
7/26/2013 9:01pm
I am going to chime in here and realize this everyone...I dont know a damn thing about motorcross. I am only a fan on the sidelines...

How do you crash a guy like RV when he is passing you like you are standing still ?

Post a reply to: Lost in the Pulp shuffle: RV calling the accusers out

The Latest