Lost in the Pulp shuffle: RV calling the accusers out

7/24/2013 9:24am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2013 9:01pm
I think he's sick of being questioned because he is winning. Pay for the test, put up some money, and he'll take a blood test.

Is anyone man enough to put their money where their mouth is?
|
Jakes Dad
7/24/2013 9:26am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 9:26am
$100K right?

That's "some" money right there.
mgifracing
Fantasy
319th
7/24/2013 9:28am
It has to suck sometimes being the fastest guy and being accused of peds just because your stomping everyones ass.
35smom
7/24/2013 9:33am
Yep and if you listened closely he also said he was monitored for a year straight. Where he, was what he did and WADA came to his house late at night to test. And he was still winning. I believe there is 1 team in particular that's doing the finger pointing.
bents
Fantasy
694th
7/24/2013 9:35am
Yes I totally thought that portion of the show was overlooked too. And the fact that both he and Chad were on the WADA list for a year. It was great that he came out so strongly about the testing and implied that the haters need to put their money where their mouth is-maybe Tony should cough up a hundred large and see where that gets him if he believes his own conspiracy theory.

The Shop

Zaugg
7/24/2013 9:36am
An independent agency would need to conduct the test because if RV is paying for it, he opens himself up to tampering.
Jakes Dad
7/24/2013 9:36am
35smom wrote:
Yep and if you listened closely he also said he was monitored for a year straight. Where he, was what he did and WADA came to...
Yep and if you listened closely he also said he was monitored for a year straight. Where he, was what he did and WADA came to his house late at night to test. And he was still winning. I believe there is 1 team in particular that's doing the finger pointing.
Yeah 11pm at the security gate! Kinda hard to cheat blood, not like urine.
I forgot what Mitch said about it but it was pretty funny.
7/24/2013 9:40am
35smom wrote:
Yep and if you listened closely he also said he was monitored for a year straight. Where he, was what he did and WADA came to...
I'm involved in the powerlifting world, where PED use is a major issue. RV laid out what you have to do pretty well. You disclose where you are going to be at all times, so they can show up unannounced and test. A friend had WADA show up at her work one day.

Yes, a blood test will be more thorough, but a standard pee test can tell you a lot. Specifically, looking for masking agents.
peelout
7/24/2013 9:44am
watching that dude walk to the line probably gives the other 39 guys the goosebumps. so much confidence, he reminds me of RC. he goes to the line every single race knowing that he is the fastest guy and put in the hardest work during the week. to be accused seems like a bit of a compliment, he's THAT good.
Bruce372
7/24/2013 9:48am
"Never tested positive"- Lance
mgifracing
Fantasy
319th
7/24/2013 9:49am
Agree with you Peely, all the way. Every time I get a chance to talk to RV at the parts unlimited meetings i walk out thinking that he is the second coming of the GOAT. Good guy with an amazing work ethic, That's why he's as good as he is.
Adam43
7/24/2013 9:50am
Lance Armstrong was possibly the most tested athlete ever, and he beat the WADA tests like a rented mule.
kawi216
7/24/2013 9:52am
Jakes Dad wrote:
Yeah 11pm at the security gate! Kinda hard to cheat blood, not like urine.
I forgot what Mitch said about it but it was pretty funny.
What mitch was saying was if you think there doing PED's then why has he been so damn fast even as an amateur, all the guys that are at the top have been at the top since they were young. So were they taking HGH or PED's at 12 years old? They just have a ton of talk and a superb work ethic.

The best was when they were talking about putting weimer or tickle on them and see what it would do. Mathes says "tickle is about a 5-10 place guy right? Kenny W "haha right! on a good day maybe?" DV was like let them be the test monkeys and see if it does anything haha Shocked
Huevos
7/24/2013 9:53am
35smom wrote:
What team might that be?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/24/2013 9:54am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2013 9:56am
Put up or shut up, liked his thought... I also thought what david said was funny, i believe he said one of the JGR guys at the last meeting said okay we test 1st-5th and we allow 6th-10th to take whatever they want to catch up, closer racing right? Laughing (not serious of course)

Also another point that was made, guys like villo and barcia have always been fast from AM's on? Does that mean they have always been doing it... no...

Another one they talked about when payton was on the line is its not PED's ect that make you faster... Take the tenth place guy and pump him full of the stuff is he suddenly gonna be faster than the Ryan's? No... its a culmination of their talent, skill, practice ect, that makes them that fast.

I remember hearing about the WADA tests, it was very well known but it was brought up a few times they year ryan was on the list. Its kinda like the same low end pros (or computer jockeys) that always point the finger at mitch's bike or FC's bikes and say of they are cheating, big bores, ect. They don't realize how many times those bikes have been torn down at supercross and have passed with flying colors... Just like in this case where Ryan made it through their testing but no one takes that into account and still points fingers... Am I saying no one is cheating? No... there is, and its always gonna be speculation on who is and who isn't. Just because the guy is winning doesn't automatically mean him or the team must be cheating.

I do hope more solid testing comes in though in the next year or so though. If a top guy gets caught then they get caught, if they pass then good on them.
jamma10
7/24/2013 10:01am
35smom wrote:
Huevos wrote:
What team might that be?
From what I remember of the podcast it sounded as though Honda were making some noises. I could have been mistaken though.
cwtoyota
7/24/2013 10:03am
I think DV12 made a great point about needing to have the raw speed before doping would do you any good.

Also, consider that RV won SX races in 2009 and also the Glen Helen national, and he wasn't in nearly the shape he's been in since he got with Aldon Baker. It's obvious that he had "Boy Strength" back in 2009-10 and earned "Man-Strength" in 2011+. I doubt he was doing even close to the same fitness program and discipline his first two years on a 450F and he still won races.
TeamGreen
7/24/2013 10:04am
I'm waiting for someone to start listing all the guys that can just murder it for a whole Moto and start accusing them simply for that reason. I've seen it implied.

As for Lance, WADA & beating the tests...

Look, I love our racers; but, if you think they've got the same resources that Lance had? Well, then you better start with the Red Bull crew. They've got some drama on this matter based on some trainer(s) that they've got.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
7/24/2013 10:12am
I can't believe this (peds) is even an issue. RV shouldn't even bother with this. No one cares.
norcal3737
7/24/2013 10:13am
I think he's sick of being questioned because he is winning. Pay for the test, put up some money, and he'll take a blood test. Is...
I think he's sick of being questioned because he is winning. Pay for the test, put up some money, and he'll take a blood test.

Is anyone man enough to put their money where their mouth is?
Easy to pass a test, whether a guy is chock full of PED's, or got off them a few days/wks prior.
7/24/2013 10:16am
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm waiting for someone to start listing all the guys that can just murder it for a whole Moto and start accusing them simply for that...
I'm waiting for someone to start listing all the guys that can just murder it for a whole Moto and start accusing them simply for that reason. I've seen it implied.

As for Lance, WADA & beating the tests...

Look, I love our racers; but, if you think they've got the same resources that Lance had? Well, then you better start with the Red Bull crew. They've got some drama on this matter based on some trainer(s) that they've got.
Nailed it.

The difference between Lance and RV: All of Lance's competitors were failing tests left and right. PED use was rampant in his sport. In Moto, people are just accusing him because he is fast.
yosmithy
7/24/2013 10:25am
should Aldon Baker be considered a PED?
newmann
7/24/2013 10:40am
yosmithy wrote:
should Aldon Baker be considered a PED?
No doubt he's a PEDal pusher.
jamma10
7/24/2013 10:46am
peelout wrote:
watching that dude walk to the line probably gives the other 39 guys the goosebumps. so much confidence, he reminds me of RC. he goes to...
watching that dude walk to the line probably gives the other 39 guys the goosebumps. so much confidence, he reminds me of RC. he goes to the line every single race knowing that he is the fastest guy and put in the hardest work during the week. to be accused seems like a bit of a compliment, he's THAT good.
Do you think RV works harder than the others though? I think all (ok most) of the top guys work their asses off.

The level is so damn high now that I think what sets RV apart from the rest is a unique blend of incredible intuition, creativity and a ruthless aggression no other rider can match. They're just not psychologically wired up the same way, its just an built natural mentality that can't be replicated no matter how hard they work during the week.

I'll might get some shit for this, but I think RV has surpassed even RC's level of riding now, and I was a big Carmichael fan.
7/24/2013 10:54am
Those of you saying a pee test can easily be beaten or doesn't tell you anything:

Do you know what they test for? Have you taken one?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
7/24/2013 10:54am
I've heard more than once that RV is eager to step up and prove people wrong.

I've covered MTB racing at the National/World/Olympic level. It was pretty easy to see when people were doing things that they shouldn't be doing, but there always was the element of people pointing fingers without any basis for it, just because a person was winning.

Occasionally, some of the people at the highest levels are, to put it simply, genetic freaks. A bunch of you probably aren't familiar with Ned Overend, but he and John Tomac used to battle back before in the day. I'd described Ned as a pair of lungs with legs attached, and that probably wasn't far from the truth.
FroDiddy
7/24/2013 11:02am
Without year around testing, it's hard to catch anyone unless they get careless.

Honestly, if I were on the brink of making it big in MX but just couldn't get over the hump fitness-wise, I'd probably cheat (use designer PEDs). What have you got to lose?
wacker
7/24/2013 11:04am
Did anyone watch the same Washougal as I did? The reason RV won was because he never let off. Ever. If ped's give your throttle hand the ability to twist farther then maybe they could have helped him. I believe there are plenty of guys out there who are equally as fit as RV and Dungey. Their only problem is they don't go fast enough.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
7/24/2013 11:05am
Mitch's point about PEDs not making any difference for guys that could not at least hang up front for at least the first 10 minutes was pretty good. Translation, if you haven't got the speed off the gate, anyway, PEDs will only help you run a few seconds a lap slower, longer.
Xeno
7/24/2013 11:08am
GuyB wrote:
I've heard more than once that RV is eager to step up and prove people wrong. I've covered MTB racing at the National/World/Olympic level. It was...
I've heard more than once that RV is eager to step up and prove people wrong.

I've covered MTB racing at the National/World/Olympic level. It was pretty easy to see when people were doing things that they shouldn't be doing, but there always was the element of people pointing fingers without any basis for it, just because a person was winning.

Occasionally, some of the people at the highest levels are, to put it simply, genetic freaks. A bunch of you probably aren't familiar with Ned Overend, but he and John Tomac used to battle back before in the day. I'd described Ned as a pair of lungs with legs attached, and that probably wasn't far from the truth.
It's too bad the "genetic freaks" are automatically suspects. They do have an advantage, but they were born with it. And our dads taught us that "life isn't fair", right?Pinch

Motocross is way different than cycling because the equipment will always go faster than the rider. Fearlessness will make a guy faster before PEDs will, but they would help significantly to recover between motos and weekends.
RUTCITY
7/24/2013 11:30am
peelout wrote:
watching that dude walk to the line probably gives the other 39 guys the goosebumps. so much confidence, he reminds me of RC. he goes to...
BINGO

Post a reply to: Lost in the Pulp shuffle: RV calling the accusers out

The Latest