Lorettas Track Changes Year to Year

Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2018 2:58 PM

I know the ranch was chose for its centrally located position and because nobody can ride it to get a home field advantage, which I think is the perfect concept. Do they flatten the track every year after all the racing is done? If they do do they make a new track layout every year. Im not saying a 100% new track but they could change it enough to keep it fresh every year and also add different jump and placement. Is this what happens? I dont know a ton about Lorettas in general so this can be the general Lorettas thread, but lets start off with the track itself.

|

8/5/2018 3:02 PM

They leave it and let the grass grow over it during the rest of the year. I’ve never been, but I haven’t seen many changes over the years during the broadcasts. I’m sure someone that went will chime in soon

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/5/2018 3:09 PM

They let it grow up and use it for a pasture in the offseason. The same basic track layout each year with some minor changes. They also change the soil makeup more and more each year.

Paw Paw

|

8/5/2018 3:11 PM

Same track from year to year. Mattyhamz2 is right, they groom it and let it sit until the next year. I think the only other time of the year it gets rode on is a pro ATV race one time a year (not positive on that tho)..

|

8/5/2018 3:45 PM

They should change it up to really make nobody have an advantage because thats what its about. People that rode there a few years will know the dirt, how it breaks down, best lines... They should change up the layout and jumps every year or other year so its a 100% even playing field.

|

8/5/2018 4:39 PM

Years ago I went to a national hare scramble race at LL's and they used parts of the track. I don't think they do that anymore though.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

8/5/2018 4:59 PM

The only people that go to LL with an advantage are the riders that train like they want to win. It’s the same as all racing. You put in the work, that is the advantage.

|

8/5/2018 6:11 PM

The track has changed some over the years... the turns just after the start weren't quite the same in the 90's (didn't get into the trees) and there have been some minor routing changes. It doesn't look like the camel hump and center table top are there anymore and the 10 commandments and finish line sections appear to have been tamed down (again, since I was last there in the early 90's). I also believe they ran the track backwards at least once.

|

8/5/2018 6:20 PM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

The only people that go to LL with an advantage are the riders that train like they want to win. It’s the same as all racing. You put in the work, that is the advantage.

That is not true. Every single rider that has been there has an advantage over those who are there for the first time.

|

8/5/2018 7:00 PM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

tcallahan707 wrote:

That is not true. Every single rider that has been there has an advantage over those who are there for the first time.

Please....

The track changes a great deal through the week, hell, it changes through the day.

Even the jump face change because of the constant track work that goes on and the watering that happens almost every moto if it is needed.

To think that somebody is going to have some secret line that somebody there for the first time isn't going to know about is absurd.

|

8/5/2018 7:07 PM

|

8/5/2018 7:08 PM

The track is always changing, as it sits about 2 feet above the water table. It has no flow at all, and gets rough as hell

|

8/5/2018 8:53 PM

Similar to Mammoth, you gain experience every year you race it, where the lines form up and how the track breaks down, and your base settings that work best, but it’s the same for everyone.

You have a 1 week window to ride it, dial in your setup and put in results, you can’t moto down year around and get local track advantage.

|

8/5/2018 11:03 PM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

tcallahan707 wrote:

JustMX wrote:

Please....

The track changes a great deal through the week, hell, it changes through the day.

Even the jump face change because of the constant track work that goes on and the watering that happens almost every moto if it is needed.

To think that somebody is going to have some secret line that somebody there for the first time isn't going to know about is absurd.

Lol did I mention anything about a secret line?

I know this is online in 2018 but there is literally nothing to argue here. Every person who has ridden on a track before has an advantage over someone who hasn’t.

At Loretta’s, that advantage is greater because of how it shapes up, how it’s prepped, and the type of riding that needs to be done to prepare.

|

8/5/2018 11:08 PM

If you watch older tapes, the track has changed a great deal, same basic layout but for instance the big tabletop is gone

|

8/6/2018 12:52 AM

rongi#401 wrote:

If you watch older tapes, the track has changed a great deal, same basic layout but for instance the big tabletop is gone

I miss the six pack that was after the finish. It was always interesting seeing people roll the tunnel jump, then go 2-2-2 or 2-3-1 or jump off the tunnel jump then go 3-2 or 2-2-1...

|

8/6/2018 6:43 AM

dadofagun wrote:

The track is always changing, as it sits about 2 feet above the water table. It has no flow at all, and gets rough as hell

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

8/6/2018 9:39 AM

Obviously the water table is also always changing... LOL

|

8/6/2018 1:17 PM

The track layout may have been the same between this year and last, but it was certainly different. Last year the dirt was softer and deeper. There were straights that had ruts all the way down them where the same sections this year was solid braking and acceleration bumps. Seems like there was more sand this year too in other areas as well as some jump faces that were different. The tunnel jump was steeper last year, or appeared to be.

|

8/6/2018 1:28 PM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

Vital doesn't count as your break from social media?

|