Loretta's-Senior 45+ Class. Predictions?

motodad312
8/2/2021 1:45pm
Brownie with a 1:57 in +45 and he did a 1:55 in +25 earlier. Kitchen and Hymas in Pro were turning what, low to mid 1:50's? Brown isn't far from the front runners pace in Pro class. The vet guys aren't beating Brown.
Hi Side
8/2/2021 1:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2021 3:21pm
motodad312 wrote:
Brownie with a 1:57 in +45 and he did a 1:55 in +25 earlier. Kitchen and Hymas in Pro were turning what, low to mid 1:50's...
Brownie with a 1:57 in +45 and he did a 1:55 in +25 earlier. Kitchen and Hymas in Pro were turning what, low to mid 1:50's? Brown isn't far from the front runners pace in Pro class. The vet guys aren't beating Brown.
Those guys have nothing for Brown. Apparently Hughes decided not to put a transponder on his '86 CR250 so we're not sure where he is time wise but it won't matter.

The Shop

GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
8/2/2021 3:20pm
Markee wrote:
Ryno gonna unlock those hips inside the beer tent
PJRAUS wrote:
They have a beer tent at LL's?? 😃😃😃 Was thinking world vets would be a great bucket list race..and it would, but LL's would be awesome...especially...
They have a beer tent at LL's?? 😃😃😃
Was thinking world vets would be a great bucket list race..and it would, but LL's would be awesome...especially if there's a beer tent!
Im thinking Brownie and Ryno take eachother out and Emig rides by for the win.
Emig is my favourite for purely sentimental reasons...always been a fan
They call it the beer tent but I will always associate it with moonshine. When in Rome . . .

Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
8/2/2021 6:39pm
motodad312 wrote:
Brownie with a 1:57 in +45 and he did a 1:55 in +25 earlier. Kitchen and Hymas in Pro were turning what, low to mid 1:50's...
Hi Side wrote:
Those guys have nothing for Brown. Apparently Hughes decided not to put a transponder on his '86 CR250 so we're not sure where he is time...
Those guys have nothing for Brown. Apparently Hughes decided not to put a transponder on his '86 CR250 so we're not sure where he is time wise but it won't matter.
Ryno looked a bit sketchy on the old bike today. Seen him swapping with feet off the pegs multiple times. If he gets a start with brownie and starts to send it, it’s gonna be a wild ride. But brownie is looking good!
8/2/2021 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2021 6:55pm
Forty wrote:
Ryno couldn’t beat Brownie then, and he can’t beat him now.
Neither of them could beat Fast Fos In 250 A stock in ‘89!
He has a real job and is sleeping in a tent at the track with his dog, so on paper he isn’t a contender, but he wasn’t in ‘89, either.
Brent
8/2/2021 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2021 8:31pm
Renner153 wrote:
Ryno looked a bit sketchy on the old bike today. Seen him swapping with feet off the pegs multiple times. If he gets a start with...
Ryno looked a bit sketchy on the old bike today. Seen him swapping with feet off the pegs multiple times. If he gets a start with brownie and starts to send it, it’s gonna be a wild ride. But brownie is looking good!
Practice is practice, as Cooper Webb likes to say. Race day will be different. Leaving his transponder off was a cute trick, keeps folks guessing.

but in reality, Ryno:

(a) under-estimated this competition by not bringing his personal CRF 450 WE with him, or;

(b) is riding an old (although probably excellent) restored smoker to get more attention, and therefore more IG followers? If he does well on the old bike people will talk about it for a long time.

Hughes is kind of an attention whore in his old age, so my guess is the second one.

He did beat Emig and Nicholl solidly in the LL qualifiers, so he has the pace.

but I guess we have to wait till Wednesday to find out, WTF do I know...
8/2/2021 9:40pm
New changes this yr, regionals in the Midwest are also regional championships with a ama plate. Iowa and Indian - iron man had 33 riders in 50+, 45+. Only the top 6 make it to LL. Could be difficult just getting there. Get a 10th in one of the 3 motos and your out.
RACERX69
8/3/2021 2:08am
What model Husky is Brownie riding? 450?
Hi Side
8/3/2021 2:49am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2021 3:24am
Renner153 wrote:
Ryno looked a bit sketchy on the old bike today. Seen him swapping with feet off the pegs multiple times. If he gets a start with...
Brent wrote:
Practice is practice, as Cooper Webb likes to say. Race day will be different. Leaving his transponder off was a cute trick, keeps folks guessing. but...
Practice is practice, as Cooper Webb likes to say. Race day will be different. Leaving his transponder off was a cute trick, keeps folks guessing.

but in reality, Ryno:

(a) under-estimated this competition by not bringing his personal CRF 450 WE with him, or;

(b) is riding an old (although probably excellent) restored smoker to get more attention, and therefore more IG followers? If he does well on the old bike people will talk about it for a long time.

Hughes is kind of an attention whore in his old age, so my guess is the second one.

He did beat Emig and Nicholl solidly in the LL qualifiers, so he has the pace.

but I guess we have to wait till Wednesday to find out, WTF do I know...
Your second point is spot on, well said! He's intentionally being arrogant and self serving bringing out the old bike. Another part of me feels like he needs an excuse after Brown soundly beats him so it will be easy for him to say "the bike". If he truly cared about winning he would've brought a competitive machine. Instead, like many these days, his satisfaction comes from youtube views and IG clicks.
NZ272
8/3/2021 3:18am
Ryno on an 86 CR250 💣💣
Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
8/3/2021 4:32am
RACERX69 wrote:
What model Husky is Brownie riding? 450?
8/3/2021 4:43am
NZ272 wrote:
Ryno on an 86 CR250 💣💣
Is he really racing that?

If so, just like Emig, he chose a less than competitive bike so he has a built in excuse if he doesn’t win. Maybe it’s just me, but if you have access to any equipment you want, why would you bother to invest all the time, effort, and money it takes to race Loretta’s, then show up on anything less than the best equipment available to you? Unless your goal is to be an entertaining side show rather than a national champion, I suppose.

I personally hope Emig proves me wrong, but I doubt it.
DAG
8/3/2021 4:45am
Pretty awesome to see the top spots all covered by ex National champions and ex factory riders. Im sure all the regular guys who work 9-5 were stoked just to line up with them at the Regionals. You go guys! Grab that fleeting glory and keep pinning it on those factory supported machines. The people who actually buy product with their working dollars will stand on the sidelines and cheer you on to retro glory one more time. To the regular Joes who made it out of the Regionals against these guys you are already winners.
Johnny Ringo
8/3/2021 4:49am
Ryno riding an old bike is a total cop out, IMO
RACERX69
8/3/2021 5:33am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2021 5:34am
What this race needs is for Emig to show up on his 97' Factory KX-250, donning 97' black Shift gear...and wax the field. Social media and the internet would melt down.

mb60
8/3/2021 6:29am
Maybe these guys are there to have fun. You really think after chasing national championships back in the day a plus 45 amateur title is that important.
LungButter
8/3/2021 6:38am
Is he really racing that? If so, just like Emig, he chose a less than competitive bike so he has a built in excuse if he...

If so, just like Emig, he chose a less than competitive bike so he has a built in excuse if he doesn’t win. Maybe it’s just me, but if you have access to any equipment you want, why would you bother to invest all the time, effort, and money it takes to race Loretta’s, then show up on anything less than the best equipment available to you? Unless your goal is to be an entertaining side show rather than a national champion, I suppose.

Emig did not pick a 125/150 for a “built in excuse”. That’s the only bike he rides these days, he’s on record as saying it’s safer and all a guy like him needs to have fun.

Sometimes us fans take this shit more serious than the guys twisting the throttle.....
Brent
8/3/2021 7:48am
LungButter wrote:
Emig did not pick a 125/150 for a “built in excuse”. That’s the only bike he rides these days, he’s on record as saying it’s safer...
Emig did not pick a 125/150 for a “built in excuse”. That’s the only bike he rides these days, he’s on record as saying it’s safer and all a guy like him needs to have fun.

Sometimes us fans take this shit more serious than the guys twisting the throttle.....
Yeah, I asked him about this at Pala, he just feels more comfortable on the 150, I haven’t seen him ride anything but the little bike for years now.

Falcon
Fantasy
765th
8/3/2021 9:07am
Is he really racing that? If so, just like Emig, he chose a less than competitive bike so he has a built in excuse if he...

LungButter wrote:
Emig did not pick a 125/150 for a “built in excuse”. That’s the only bike he rides these days, he’s on record as saying it’s safer...

This. I have a feeling that the Multi-time AMA PRO RACING National Champion doesn't really care if he wins Loretta's. He probably isn't too worried about the expense of racing there, either. Sure, he'll race as hard as he can, but I don't see any of these guys taking each other out for the win.
G-man
8/3/2021 9:12am
Falcon wrote:
This. I have a feeling that the Multi-time AMA PRO RACING National Champion doesn't really care if he wins Loretta's. He probably isn't too worried about...
This. I have a feeling that the Multi-time AMA PRO RACING National Champion doesn't really care if he wins Loretta's. He probably isn't too worried about the expense of racing there, either. Sure, he'll race as hard as he can, but I don't see any of these guys taking each other out for the win.
You might want to ask Kiefer about that. Cheerful

I could easily see Brown or Ryno taking someone out for the win, those guys are animals on the track and go into Beast mode.

Don't see anyone beating Brown on his 450 though.
Motodave15
8/3/2021 9:13am
RACERX69 wrote:
Have always been a huge Emig fan. Will be interesting to see how he does on his 150 against Ryno and Brownie. Would assume Brownie is...
Have always been a huge Emig fan. Will be interesting to see how he does on his 150 against Ryno and Brownie. Would assume Brownie is the favorite because of recency of race experience, but sounds like Jeff's been taking his prep fairly serious and will show up ready to go. Of course Ryno's, Ryno. He'll be fast and in shape. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
I got to ride with Jeff at perris like 3 weeks before memorial weekend.. dude was riding good, but hes deceptively fast and smooth.
Johnny Ringo
8/3/2021 10:09am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2021 11:04am
mb60 wrote:
Maybe these guys are there to have fun. You really think after chasing national championships back in the day a plus 45 amateur title is that...
Maybe these guys are there to have fun. You really think after chasing national championships back in the day a plus 45 amateur title is that important.
Then he shoulda qualified on it, instead he bragged about beating down a bunch of plumbers and carpenters at his quali on his ‘21.

He may be old, but he still has an ego
Nellie12
8/3/2021 10:22am
If only Lapaglia was in this race. Ha
Moto Nomad
8/3/2021 2:15pm
Emig on a 150 versus Brownie on a 450? Damn! I mean, what chance does Emig have?
mb60
8/3/2021 3:18pm
Then he shoulda qualified on it, instead he bragged about beating down a bunch of plumbers and carpenters at his quali on his ‘21. He may...
Then he shoulda qualified on it, instead he bragged about beating down a bunch of plumbers and carpenters at his quali on his ‘21.

He may be old, but he still has an ego
He has always been a jerk off. But guys are on here talking about the beer tent and then worried that he is riding a 35 year old bike that he will easily beat most of the field on.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
8/3/2021 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2021 4:16pm
Prayers for my buddy Jeremy Shuttleworth first turn crash and in bad shape. It looked horrible.
8/3/2021 4:42pm
NZ272 wrote:
Ryno on an 86 CR250 💣💣

I’m happy to report that I was very wrong. Go Fro!

Post a reply to: Loretta's-Senior 45+ Class. Predictions?

The Latest