Loretta’s Horizon Award ???

neysbo
Edited Date/Time 8/7/2022 8:41am
Based on the definition of who has potential in the Pro’s , I would say Deegan should win it. Although I do not think they ever give it to a B rider. With that said Cole Martinez won Open Pro and plus 25 but he is to old to win it. Great job by Cole but sad state for all the young ones as Cole never even really made it as a Pro. So by default my guess is Braswell wins it which is awesome as he is pretty much a privateer compared to Ryder D ,Hymas and Hawkins.
|
motomike894
8/6/2022 2:51pm
neysbo wrote:
Based on the definition of who has potential in the Pro’s , I would say Deegan should win it. Although I do not think they ever...
Based on the definition of who has potential in the Pro’s , I would say Deegan should win it. Although I do not think they ever give it to a B rider. With that said Cole Martinez won Open Pro and plus 25 but he is to old to win it. Great job by Cole but sad state for all the young ones as Cole never even really made it as a Pro. So by default my guess is Braswell wins it which is awesome as he is pretty much a privateer compared to Ryder D ,Hymas and Hawkins.
Dave I think its time you take a break from
Knowa he’s wearing off on you and not in a good way
8/6/2022 9:01pm
neysbo wrote:
Based on the definition of who has potential in the Pro’s , I would say Deegan should win it. Although I do not think they ever...
The award is for the top A rider. It’s not an award for the best or guy with the most potential. They do have a different award for other classes.

The Shop

gharmon
8/7/2022 4:35am
So,did they not announce the winner yesterday? It definitely wasnt a clearcut choice like years past.
jaun
8/7/2022 5:03am
neysbo wrote:
The award is for the top A rider. It’s not an award for the best or guy with the most potential. They do have a different...
The award is for the top A rider. It’s not an award for the best or guy with the most potential. They do have a different award for other classes.
You're wrong.

Nicky Hayden AMA Horizon Award, originally the AMA Horizon Award, is given annually to promising amateur riders in motorcycle racing. The inaugural AMA Horizon Award was presented to Nicky Hayden in 1997. In 2017 the award was renamed in honor of Nicky Hayden who was killed in a bicycling accident while training in Italy.[1] The award is presented annually to outstanding amateur riders in flat track, motocross and road racing.[1]

Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
8/7/2022 12:37pm
Traditionally it is given to the most promising A rider. A few years back they created Amateur Rider of the Year and Youth Rider of the Year awards as well. Amateur goes to a B or C rider (usually B from what I recall) and Youth for a 125 and below class. They may even have a Vet Rider of the Year, I'd have to check.

This year:
Caden Braswell - Horizon Award
Avery Long - Amateur Rider of the Year
Casey Cochran - Youth Rider of the Year

You could definitely make an argument that Deegan should have won the Amateur Rider of the Year, but the DNF and only winning one championship are likely why it was given to Long who had the same number of moto wins, his other two were seconds and he had 2 titles.

Post a reply to: Loretta’s Horizon Award ???

The Latest