Loretta Lynn's summary

karsmakers
8/8/2020 8:18am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2020 7:03pm
Looks like we have multiple class winners who were dominant in the younger classes. For me the revelation of the weekend was Levi Kitchen winning all four motos in 250b/450b limited. The kid also had the 5 fastest lap times overall of any class. He looks really smooth and has a huge upside. Wish he was turning pro. Max Vohland had a great week but I was a little dissapointed he was riding 125b/c instead of stepping up to the 250b class. Some of these guys are capable of turning pro but who does any more before their 18+, unless your from Australia or Europe
|
langhammx
Fantasy
311th
8/8/2020 8:36am
karsmakers wrote:
Looks like we have multiple class winners who were dominant in the younger classes. For me the revelation of the weekend was Levi Kitchen winning all...
Looks like we have multiple class winners who were dominant in the younger classes. For me the revelation of the weekend was Levi Kitchen winning all four motos in 250b/450b limited. The kid also had the 5 fastest lap times overall of any class. He looks really smooth and has a huge upside. Wish he was turning pro. Max Vohland had a great week but I was a little dissapointed he was riding 125b/c instead of stepping up to the 250b class. Some of these guys are capable of turning pro but who does any more before their 18+, unless your from Australia or Europe
Levi has been very impressive.

Tahlond is in no hurry for Max, they have a solid plan...

Turning pro before 18 has ruined a few amateurs careers, I don’t think most kids are mentally or physically ready at that age, although some are. But I’m glad to see that they have now made a HS diploma a mandatory thing here, before racing with the big boys.
bsharkey
8/8/2020 8:39am
So glad Levi has done well. My son has raced with him many times. Super cool grounded kid. His dad rides pretty darn good too. Thanks for keeping Washington on the map Levi. One thing I was surprised with was max Miller had a horrible week. Dies anyone know what's going on with him? Is he injured?. Austin black put in some solid rides too
Lastander
8/8/2020 9:01am
karsmakers wrote:
Looks like we have multiple class winners who were dominant in the younger classes. For me the revelation of the weekend was Levi Kitchen winning all...
And so far the results are the same as every year, people sandbag the B classes to win titles? He had the fastest laps of any one during the day and the rode b classes? I mean mad props for being a fast motherfucker but why isnt he riding the a class?
dboivin
8/8/2020 9:15am
best part...afer winning all his motos, having the fastest lap times at the track....they ask him

what you gonna do now that you won here?

and he says "idunno, i'm going fishing". lol. i like this kid.

The Shop

8/8/2020 10:29am
karsmakers wrote:
Lastander wrote:
And so far the results are the same as every year, people sandbag the B classes to win titles? He had the fastest laps of any...
And so far the results are the same as every year, people sandbag the B classes to win titles? He had the fastest laps of any one during the day and the rode b classes? I mean mad props for being a fast motherfucker but why isnt he riding the a class?
Comparing lap times is tough as the track changes so unless they're on track at the same time who really knows. Some people rode limited if they don't have the dollars to get all the trick engine stuff and don't want to be down on power.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
8/8/2020 10:39am
Dilan Schwartz has been impressive.
str8line
8/8/2020 10:41am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Except he didn't start well enough to see him duke it out up front.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
8/8/2020 10:48am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
str8line wrote:
Yeah, his starts didn't do him any favors. Will be interesting to see how he does next weekend.
FuzzyLogic
8/8/2020 11:04am
Were there any upsets in any of the classes? I realize that there were some where there wasnt necessarily a clear cut favorite, but did anyone who was expected to win, not?
karsmakers
8/8/2020 2:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
str8line wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah, his starts didn't do him any favors. Will be interesting to see how he does next weekend.
Is he the only amateur going pro next week?
8/8/2020 2:43pm
They need a bragging rights super final and put the best A&B riders on the track at the same time.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
8/8/2020 3:16pm
str8line wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
karsmakers wrote:
Is he the only amateur going pro next week?
I don't think so. I didn't get to catch all the races, but did hear on the broadcast that Stylez Robertson will also be moving up to pro as well for the Rockstar Husqvarna team.

Not sure who else.
peltier626
8/8/2020 3:58pm
Summary = Too many classes. Let's get these kids racing each other not the stopwatch. But overall glad to see some racing back and good turnout considering. I'm ready for the nationals.
Rupert X
8/8/2020 4:13pm
Can one of you brilliant computer weenies give us a breakdown on state participation and winning/podium percentages -also how all the different brands finishes were....? thanks ! Stats, we want stats.
Rupert X
8/8/2020 4:21pm
peltier626 wrote:
Summary = Too many classes. Let's get these kids racing each other not the stopwatch. But overall glad to see some racing back and good turnout...
Summary = Too many classes. Let's get these kids racing each other not the stopwatch. But overall glad to see some racing back and good turnout considering. I'm ready for the nationals.
Agreed, somewhat, i feel that Loretta's classes should be more based on the demographics of what you would see at a big local race. NO need for four 65cc classes, or however many 85cc classes there are.... need a 30B class and a 40B class. And, definitely a 60+ class NOW !!! Anybody that has raced in a pro event, whether AX, SX or outdoor, lets have a PRO Exhibition class for them - and leave the age classes for the regular humans. And so, it was written
8/8/2020 4:31pm
karsmakers wrote:
Lastander wrote:
And so far the results are the same as every year, people sandbag the B classes to win titles? He had the fastest laps of any...
Can someone explain what the classes mean in the USA, we have classes in Australia too but we dont see anyone but a grade riders winning big events, it's seems pretty common to see lower class riders winning big events in USA which makes me wonder what the classes mean.......If a guy racing in a lower class in Australia rides fast enough to be mid pack in the top class he is generally considered a sandbagger....and a fuckwit.
8/8/2020 4:55pm
peltier626 wrote:
Summary = Too many classes. Let's get these kids racing each other not the stopwatch. But overall glad to see some racing back and good turnout...
Rupert X wrote:
Agreed, somewhat, i feel that Loretta's classes should be more based on the demographics of what you would see at a big local race. NO need...
Agreed, somewhat, i feel that Loretta's classes should be more based on the demographics of what you would see at a big local race. NO need for four 65cc classes, or however many 85cc classes there are.... need a 30B class and a 40B class. And, definitely a 60+ class NOW !!! Anybody that has raced in a pro event, whether AX, SX or outdoor, lets have a PRO Exhibition class for them - and leave the age classes for the regular humans. And so, it was written
Shouldn’t be any B or C classes there full stop. Age and bike size should be only defining factor.

A, B and C are all subject to interpretation. Fastest guy there was racing B stock.

Ability classes is what’s wrong with America. There’s no a, b, c for any kids classes. If you wanna go on 50/65/85 or super mini you have to be the best of the best.

If you wanna go on a big bike you can sandbag C class. It’s supposed to be a national championship? Every class should be A.

8/8/2020 4:59pm
karsmakers wrote:
Lastander wrote:
Can someone explain what the classes mean in the USA, we have classes in Australia too but we dont see anyone but a grade riders winning...
Can someone explain what the classes mean in the USA, we have classes in Australia too but we dont see anyone but a grade riders winning big events, it's seems pretty common to see lower class riders winning big events in USA which makes me wonder what the classes mean.......If a guy racing in a lower class in Australia rides fast enough to be mid pack in the top class he is generally considered a sandbagger....and a fuckwit.
What we call that here is normal wear and tear.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
425th
8/8/2020 5:08pm
One thing with C and B class riders is they commit to their class level in March at the Areas, a lot of laps and progress happens in the 5 months between the first areas and the National. Although some riders just sandbag.
chasetwo79
8/8/2020 5:48pm
peltier626 wrote:
Rupert X wrote:
Agreed, somewhat, i feel that Loretta's classes should be more based on the demographics of what you would see at a big local race. NO need...
109 wrote:
Shouldn’t be any B or C classes there full stop. Age and bike size should be only defining factor. A, B and C are all subject...
Shouldn’t be any B or C classes there full stop. Age and bike size should be only defining factor.

A, B and C are all subject to interpretation. Fastest guy there was racing B stock.

Ability classes is what’s wrong with America. There’s no a, b, c for any kids classes. If you wanna go on 50/65/85 or super mini you have to be the best of the best.

If you wanna go on a big bike you can sandbag C class. It’s supposed to be a national championship? Every class should be A.

Doing this would seriously reduce revenue for the promoter and no doubt trickle down to the local tracks and impact them. It would also take away a lot of opportunities for those who are achieving a life dream by even making it to Loretta Lynn’s. This is an amateur event, it’s not 100 percent about identifying the hottest prospect for keyboard warriors to salivate over. Making LL is hard. In any class.
dsmith
Fantasy
1407th
8/8/2020 6:41pm
W.Thurman
Ryder D. We're fun to watch👍
KurtJ99
Fantasy
747th
8/8/2020 7:03pm
karsmakers wrote:
Max looked so much in control that I think he was riding at 70%. Usually in the lead by the end of the first lap. Rode his pace, wicked it up to 75% when he had too. Never saw a bobble.
langhammx
Fantasy
311th
8/8/2020 7:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2020 9:11pm
Rupert X wrote:
Can one of you brilliant computer weenies give us a breakdown on state participation and winning/podium percentages -also how all the different brands finishes were....? thanks...
Can one of you brilliant computer weenies give us a breakdown on state participation and winning/podium percentages -also how all the different brands finishes were....? thanks ! Stats, we want stats.
Here’s a Suzuki stat for you-

46 total Suzuki entries in 17 classes.
3% of total entries
6% of classes entered

2- championships
Masters 50+
Senior 45+

6- podiums
Masters 50+ 2nd
Open pro sport 3rd
Senior 40+ 3rd
250 pro sport 2nd
85 10-12 2nd
vet 30+ 2nd

3- top 5’s
85 10-12 limited 5th
Mini Sr 2 13-15 5th
250 pro sport 4th

6- top 10’s
Open pro sport 7th
Masters 50+ 9th
Schoolboy 2 12-17 B/C 9th
Mini Sr 1 12-14 7th
Super mini 1 12-15 6th
Senior 45+ 9th

13- top 20’s
Open pro sport 11th
Senior 40+ 15th-19th-20th
Vet 30+ 19th
Supermini 2 13-16 18th
Senior 45+ 14th-20th
Schoolboy 2 12-17 B/C 13th
Women 20th
Masters 50+ 13th-15th

16- 21st-42nd place

Pretty good overall for riding for everyone on the yellow bike without an e-start. 😎

30% finished in a top 10 position

2/3 of Suzuki riders finished with a top 20 position
8/8/2020 9:41pm
Just curious, in 450B Leblanc #1 who obviously won last year. Why didnt he have to move up to A. I thought you had to?
8/9/2020 12:00am
Just curious, in 450B Leblanc #1 who obviously won last year. Why didnt he have to move up to A. I thought you had to?
Riders who placed in the top 5 overall in the 250B/250B Limited or 450B/450B Limited class at the 2019 National and who are 17 years or older as of January 1, 2020, are not eligible to compete in a "B" or “B/C” division. Riders who placed in the top 5 overall in the Schoolboy 1 class at the 2019 National and who are 16 years or older as of January 1, 2020, are not eligible to compete in the Schoolboy 1 class. Riders who placed in the top 5 overall in the Schoolboy 2 class at the 2019 National and who are 17 years or older as of January 1, 2020, are not eligible to compete in the Schoolboy 2 class.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4270th
8/9/2020 12:17am
karsmakers wrote:
Lastander wrote:
You do realize that the track is about 10,000x rougher for pro sport than it is for B?
8/9/2020 4:44am
You do realize that the track is about 10,000x rougher for pro sport than it is for B?
The B class ran some of their motos later in the days than the Pro Sport class.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4270th
8/9/2020 6:18am
The B class ran some of their motos later in the days than the Pro Sport class.
Only on Monday. He laid down the 1:49 in the first race after the intermission on Friday. Pro Sport was next moto and Robertson also laid down a 1:49, If you average out all the lap times in all the motos he was a little slower than Stilez.

Don't get me wrong. Not arguing that he isn't fast enough to move up. It's not at all unusual to have the top B riders proving they are ready to run up front with the Pros. Almost every one I have never known could be the fastest on the track on any given race day before they joined the big boys, at least for a while. But the whole package is not 'ready' yet, be it just age, consistency, personal plan, whatever. Don't worry. He'll be there soon.
8/9/2020 6:46am
mxwells216 wrote:
Riders who placed in the top 5 overall in the 250B/250B Limited or 450B/450B Limited class at the 2019 National and who are 17 years or...
Riders who placed in the top 5 overall in the 250B/250B Limited or 450B/450B Limited class at the 2019 National and who are 17 years or older as of January 1, 2020, are not eligible to compete in a "B" or “B/C” division. Riders who placed in the top 5 overall in the Schoolboy 1 class at the 2019 National and who are 16 years or older as of January 1, 2020, are not eligible to compete in the Schoolboy 1 class. Riders who placed in the top 5 overall in the Schoolboy 2 class at the 2019 National and who are 17 years or older as of January 1, 2020, are not eligible to compete in the Schoolboy 2 class.
So he’d have to be 16?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
871st
8/9/2020 6:58am
mxwells216 wrote:
Riders who placed in the top 5 overall in the 250B/250B Limited or 450B/450B Limited class at the 2019 National and who are 17 years or...
So he’d have to be 16?
I believe Le Blanc was only 14 when he won 450B last year

Post a reply to: Loretta Lynn's summary

The Latest