Loretta Lynn's qualifiers are up

OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
12/8/2016 4:32pm
I agree the northwest is easier to make it in . I lived in FLORIDA and raced back east for many years it's the same guys every year . But there are some extremely fast guys on the west coast also. I had some luck and a truck load of determination . Making it to LL is deffenitly NOT easy. . I will go back again for sure .
Braap19
12/8/2016 6:11pm
dereck519 wrote:
The old 30 b/c class was a complete joke in our region. Guys who used to rip it in the A class were showing up after...
The old 30 b/c class was a complete joke in our region. Guys who used to rip it in the A class were showing up after demoting themselves to the B class before they turned 30, or sometimes after hey turned 30 and decided they wanted to go to Loretta's. But hey, if it makes you feel good.............
You just have to be able to find their old results and protest them. I knew a guy who got protested for that at the regional.
I got protested running B class at Loretta's because I run pro at local races so I can make entry money back. Doesn't matter though because ama allows you to go up a class at outlaw races.
hvaughn88
12/8/2016 6:18pm
Ahhhh, the annual "pro/amateur loretta's" argument. Like clockwork every year.
12/8/2016 6:58pm
dereck519 wrote:
The old 30 b/c class was a complete joke in our region. Guys who used to rip it in the A class were showing up after...
The old 30 b/c class was a complete joke in our region. Guys who used to rip it in the A class were showing up after demoting themselves to the B class before they turned 30, or sometimes after hey turned 30 and decided they wanted to go to Loretta's. But hey, if it makes you feel good.............
You just have to be able to find their old results and protest them. I knew a guy who got protested for that at the regional.
Braap19 wrote:
I got protested running B class at Loretta's because I run pro at local races so I can make entry money back. Doesn't matter though because...
I got protested running B class at Loretta's because I run pro at local races so I can make entry money back. Doesn't matter though because ama allows you to go up a class at outlaw races.
FYI, The AMA does NOT let you go up a class in outlaw races.

The Shop

crusher773
12/8/2016 7:03pm
dereck519 wrote:
Braap19 wrote:
I got protested running B class at Loretta's because I run pro at local races so I can make entry money back. Doesn't matter though because...
Yeah that makes you a sandbagging trophy hunter.
Braap19
12/8/2016 7:06pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
Maybe not anymore but in 2013 when I was protested, there was a clause in the rule book that allowed this exact thing.

I believe it was something about AMA not being involved with an outlaw race so the results held no weight to the AMA.
Braap19
12/8/2016 7:09pm
Braap19 wrote:
crusher773 wrote:
Yeah that makes you a sandbagging trophy hunter.
Eh. I wouldn't get top 20 in A there. Barely got top 5 in B. Wouldnt really call that sandbagging. But luckily your opinion doesn't mean jack shit
JohnRoy
12/8/2016 7:48pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Excuse everyone for having a yearly thread directly related to members doing the riding and racing. You are one of those members that hung the boots up and don't ride moto, right?
wwoberg
12/8/2016 8:07pm
It's on my bucket list. Be 50 next year this time. Been in the sport a long time, like 40 years. First bike was a 72 DT80. I love it. I have zero natural talent.

I've been fast 3 periods in my life. First, around 82 when I ride everyday after school and hadn't discovered girls and partying. Second, after my second year of college (when I had to move back home due to terrible grades) and third, when my son was in the same stage of my first stage and we rode all the time.

In order for me to make it out of the areas qualifiers I'm gonna have to stop drinking beer, workout everyday, and ride 2 weekdays and race most weekends probably starting Jan 1.

Will I be upset that I have to line up next to people like May, Carsten, Parker, etc? Probably not. Will I be discouraged? Probably. It is what it is. I have a choice. It will mean a lot to me If I make it to the show, but I'm not gonna complain if I don't.
tcallahan707
12/8/2016 8:11pm
I can understand why some don't like the rules about ex pro's but I think it's pretty fair with the Sportsman designation. There are a lot of dudes who have/had a pro license simply because they want to give it a go at their local national. Maybe they qualify, most don't. I really don't think they should be prevented from riding Lorettas. It's a much better setup than Vet B/C. As a 29 year old A rider, my options were going to be 25+ and Open Pro Sport for 10 years until I turned 35. I am glad I have the opportunity to even race 30+ now, even if it's against guys who potentially have finished 21st at a National.

This is coming from a guy who has spent the last 5 years failing to qualify in 25+. I simply can't hang with those privateer level dudes and Reynard. Does it suck? Yes. But do I think guys who aren't making a living riding a dirt bike deserve to be restricted from Loretta's? No. It makes me want to work harder and get faster. I think I've got a good shot at 30+ next year but I'm still working towards a ticket in 25+ because it's a badass accomplishment. After reading this thread, I now understand why so many kids get participation trophies. It's because the adults in their lives think that anyone better than them should be put in a different class so it's "fair".
crusher773
12/8/2016 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 12/8/2016 8:35pm
I can understand why some don't like the rules about ex pro's but I think it's pretty fair with the Sportsman designation. There are a lot...
I can understand why some don't like the rules about ex pro's but I think it's pretty fair with the Sportsman designation. There are a lot of dudes who have/had a pro license simply because they want to give it a go at their local national. Maybe they qualify, most don't. I really don't think they should be prevented from riding Lorettas. It's a much better setup than Vet B/C. As a 29 year old A rider, my options were going to be 25+ and Open Pro Sport for 10 years until I turned 35. I am glad I have the opportunity to even race 30+ now, even if it's against guys who potentially have finished 21st at a National.

This is coming from a guy who has spent the last 5 years failing to qualify in 25+. I simply can't hang with those privateer level dudes and Reynard. Does it suck? Yes. But do I think guys who aren't making a living riding a dirt bike deserve to be restricted from Loretta's? No. It makes me want to work harder and get faster. I think I've got a good shot at 30+ next year but I'm still working towards a ticket in 25+ because it's a badass accomplishment. After reading this thread, I now understand why so many kids get participation trophies. It's because the adults in their lives think that anyone better than them should be put in a different class so it's "fair".
No it's the opposite we are the guys that don't even pick up our trophies because it saves the track owner a few bucks. It has nothing to do with a trophy it's the guys that are pro they are trophy hunters. We just want a fair shot at going. Pro riders lining up in a non pro class is just not right. It's no different than a younger guy going from pro and then deciding he is going to run C class at Lorettas. There shouldn't be this jumping around in skill levels. Once you advance to a level that's it you stay there. That elite level should have its own class. We all get it they are the badass dudes on dirt bikes why do they need to kick the crap out of a bunch of slower guys to show it?
We go round and round about it every year the fast guys say it's fine because it's easy for them to qualify and go. The guys the entire race is designed for get to see guys that have walked out of races making money take up amateur spots. At the end of the day MXsports will do whatever they want and that is usually side with the pros because they want the big names to be there.
B Gotti
Fantasy
4205th
12/8/2016 9:50pm
crusher773 wrote:
No it's the opposite we are the guys that don't even pick up our trophies because it saves the track owner a few bucks. It has...
No it's the opposite we are the guys that don't even pick up our trophies because it saves the track owner a few bucks. It has nothing to do with a trophy it's the guys that are pro they are trophy hunters. We just want a fair shot at going. Pro riders lining up in a non pro class is just not right. It's no different than a younger guy going from pro and then deciding he is going to run C class at Lorettas. There shouldn't be this jumping around in skill levels. Once you advance to a level that's it you stay there. That elite level should have its own class. We all get it they are the badass dudes on dirt bikes why do they need to kick the crap out of a bunch of slower guys to show it?
We go round and round about it every year the fast guys say it's fine because it's easy for them to qualify and go. The guys the entire race is designed for get to see guys that have walked out of races making money take up amateur spots. At the end of the day MXsports will do whatever they want and that is usually side with the pros because they want the big names to be there.
Someone help this guy get laid please
hvaughn88
12/9/2016 4:38am
hvaughn88 wrote:
JohnRoy wrote:
Excuse everyone for having a yearly thread directly related to members doing the riding and racing. You are one of those members that hung the boots...
Excuse everyone for having a yearly thread directly related to members doing the riding and racing. You are one of those members that hung the boots up and don't ride moto, right?
That's correct. And you're one of those members that can't keep an account from getting clicked over and over and over and over, right? What number are you up to this time?
CLT809
Fantasy
16th
12/9/2016 5:35am
I really don't see why there's so much fuss. They are age classes, not skill classes. It should be the best racers of that age. You don't see kids asking for 85cc 12-14 A & B classes. That's part of the prestige and honor. Those guys may have a different label, but at the end of the day the difference is they put in thousands of hours to get to their speed. Don't like it? Lay out a turn track and start trying to catch up.

Frankly, I can't imagine it would mean diddly to win a vet class that no pros were allowed in. It seems silly to tell someone who wants to race, and meets the requirements "sorry, you're too fast."
Zoom
12/9/2016 6:07am
slipdog wrote:
They have an area and a regional within an hour of me this year. My wife got a state job last year so she gets 3...
They have an area and a regional within an hour of me this year. My wife got a state job last year so she gets 3 weeks vacation a year, finally we can get the time off as a whole family!

I'm 44, haven't raced a race in almost 8 years and earned 10 national points in the '90's...

See ya at the finish line bitches!!!
UpTiTe wrote:
I'm going to ride plus 40 c, maybe we will pit together
Loretta's does not offer an Over 40 C. While the class structure for 17 is not out yet, typically all the vet classes are open skill except Over 30 and Over 45. Those two are "Sportsman" classes which do not allow pro's that have every scored a national pro point.
12/9/2016 7:06am
SlowOldGuy wrote:
Braap19 wrote:
Maybe not anymore but in 2013 when I was protested, there was a clause in the rule book that allowed this exact thing. I believe it...
Maybe not anymore but in 2013 when I was protested, there was a clause in the rule book that allowed this exact thing.

I believe it was something about AMA not being involved with an outlaw race so the results held no weight to the AMA.
Wrong again, I'm beginning to think your stories of being at LLs are BS. The rules in 13 regarding outlaw racing were the same as they are today. There has not been a clause in the rulebook letting you do that since at least 2005. The only people in the top 10 of all of the B classes from NC are people I know really well. Non were protested.
crusher773
12/9/2016 7:14am
crusher773 wrote:
No it's the opposite we are the guys that don't even pick up our trophies because it saves the track owner a few bucks. It has...
B Gotti wrote:
Someone help this guy get laid please
I'm good bro not an issue.
dgmx
12/9/2016 8:02am
CLT809 wrote:
I really don't see why there's so much fuss. They are age classes, not skill classes. It should be the best racers of that age. You...
I really don't see why there's so much fuss. They are age classes, not skill classes. It should be the best racers of that age. You don't see kids asking for 85cc 12-14 A & B classes. That's part of the prestige and honor. Those guys may have a different label, but at the end of the day the difference is they put in thousands of hours to get to their speed. Don't like it? Lay out a turn track and start trying to catch up.

Frankly, I can't imagine it would mean diddly to win a vet class that no pros were allowed in. It seems silly to tell someone who wants to race, and meets the requirements "sorry, you're too fast."
smartest man on here......nailed it. at 35 years old i can only ride plus25. thats a big trip to ride one class. bring back plus 35 peaaaaaaaaaaase
mxsuzuki831
12/9/2016 12:31pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
Braap19 wrote:
Maybe not anymore but in 2013 when I was protested, there was a clause in the rule book that allowed this exact thing. I believe it...

SlowOldGuy wrote:
Wrong again, I'm beginning to think your stories of being at LLs are BS. The rules in 13 regarding outlaw racing were the same as they...
Wrong again, I'm beginning to think your stories of being at LLs are BS. The rules in 13 regarding outlaw racing were the same as they are today. There has not been a clause in the rulebook letting you do that since at least 2005. The only people in the top 10 of all of the B classes from NC are people I know really well. Non were protested.
Ouch! Got em

Post a reply to: Loretta Lynn's qualifiers are up

The Latest