Loretta Lynn's qualifiers are up

Related:
Create New Tag

12/7/2016 9:17 AM

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

12/7/2016 10:12 AM

Well the stars are officially aligned. I turn thirty this year and my regional and area are at my local track.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

12/7/2016 10:22 AM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

Well the stars are officially aligned. I turn thirty this year and my regional and area are at my local track.

That's the only reason I made it in 2014! Haha

|

youtube.com/iridea250fyamaha

12/7/2016 10:35 AM

bring back vet 35 pleeeeeeeeease
thank you =)

|

12/7/2016 12:18 PM

South Central Area Qualifier - "Farm 14 - Centreville, MS". I guess K-Dub is going to have a race at his personal track.

|

12/7/2016 12:24 PM

Still hate the Vet 30+ rules that allow former pros who have never earned a point, but that's mostly because I'm slow.

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

12/7/2016 1:21 PM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

South Central Area Qualifier - "Farm 14 - Centreville, MS". I guess K-Dub is going to have a race at his personal track.

Yes! My understanding is that he teamed up with the promoters here at my local track (Fast Farms MX). He was at the banquet last Saturday night.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

12/7/2016 1:29 PM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

Yes, Fast Farms is operating the track. Been in the works for about a year from what i understand. I'm stoked on it, ridden there several times, now a qualifier there! Im a little under 2 hours from the track. Couldnt ask for a better one.

|

12/7/2016 1:50 PM

bayodome wrote:

Still hate the Vet 30+ rules that allow former pros who have never earned a point, but that's mostly because I'm slow.

If your slow ride the A Class, all the Pros and Ariders sandbag in the B class smile

|

12/7/2016 2:31 PM

bayodome wrote:

Or how a current pro can race and win the class even though its supposed to be an amateur race like last year.

|

12/7/2016 3:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2016 3:32 PM

i just think its funny the "junior" 25 class is where guys who have earned a point can go. meanwhile that age is an age that current pros are and older so its not really a "Vet" class. yet cant ride 30 is you have 1 sx points from over 10 years ago. cant ride 35 because its not there anymore. so a 38 year old with 1 sx points from the 90s can only go down in Plus 25.....crazy the two vet classes for guys with a point are 25 and 40. thats such a HUGE gap. meanwhile the youth classes have like 5 classes for a 2year age gap.......(bitter)

|

12/7/2016 4:09 PM

Our local track has the NE Youth Regional this year. Looking forward to it.

|

Check out my projects - Lukaitis Photo - NJ Motocross - The Moto Pages The Privateer's Story

For help with motorsports marketing, media, and management visit ScottLukaitis.com

12/7/2016 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2016 4:52 PM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that still thinks pros allowed in the Vet classes is still garbage..

|

12/7/2016 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2016 5:57 PM

crusher773 wrote:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that still thinks pros allowed in the Vet classes is still garbage..

-First of all they are not pro's anymore. They were pro's, making them former pro's now. None of them make a living racing motorcycles anymore.

-Just like Joe Montana is no longer a NFL pro.

-There are two "Sportsman" vet classes, Over 30 and Over 45, where "former pro's" that scored any pro points are not allowed.

-If you are that bent about it, go enter the Vet Championship at Glen Helen. There you can be the Over 40 A, Over 40 B, Over 40 C, Over 40 D, Over 40 E, Over 40 F, Over 40 G, Over 40 H or Over 40 Z champion. I think there might even be a participation trophy given out there.

|

12/7/2016 6:36 PM

Zoom wrote:

-First of all they are not pro's anymore. They were pro's, making them former pro's now. None of them make a living racing ...more

Don't be so salty. I agree with the majority in this thread. These ex pros don't belong at amateur events. Period.

|

I'm working hard to be a former poster.

12/7/2016 7:23 PM

You don't see Joe Montana out trophy hunting either. Once a pro always a pro.

|

12/7/2016 7:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2016 7:39 PM

nvm

|

12/8/2016 12:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2016 1:47 AM

No reason ex pro's need to be cleaning up the vet classes. Former pro's should have there own class, or else eliminate there involvement all together. Lorettas should be a true amateur national event.

|

12/8/2016 3:30 AM

crusher773 wrote:

Zoom wrote:

-First of all they are not pro's anymore. They were pro's, making them former pro's now. None of them make a living racing ...more

Yea but Joe isn't playing in the local flag football league with all the guys who were NEVER pros. Once a pro always a pro. Don't know to many VET +30 guys who make their living exclusively by riding a dirt bike either. I also don't see many ex tour golfers showing up at the Amateur open. just curious why don't the Ex Pros race 250 and Open pro at LL?

|

12/8/2016 5:00 AM

crusher773 wrote:

Zoom wrote:

Huckster wrote:

Yea but Joe isn't playing in the local flag football league with all the guys who were NEVER pros. Once a pro always a pro. ...more

There are two vet classes at LL where ex pro's are not allowed if they have scored an pro points, Over 30 and Over 45.

|

12/8/2016 5:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2016 5:17 AM

So a guy who qualified for many nationals but only finished 21st or higher is able to compete along side your local wknd warrior who is a true vet am rider?! What about guys with arenacross success... Those guys are still pro's and very fast at that. Vet30 and 45 should maintain a amateur only classification to give amateur vet riders a legit opportunity to experience the ranch and compete for a national title

|

12/8/2016 5:29 AM

Maybe the vets who are salty about the rules should start putting all the ex pros over a berm. Ride a wide bike and every non-pro come together and ruin their day. Unless you're willing to do that then it will stay the way it is. You guys are past your prime anyhow why do you care about a trophy? The promoters want money and extra ticket sales provide that.

|

12/8/2016 5:36 AM

Your missing the point. It's supposobly the amateur nationals. Not ex pro/am nationals.

|

12/8/2016 5:41 AM

It's not the trophy it's just the opportunity that go. At least half that 30 class are guys that at some point were classified as pro/expert at some point.

|

12/8/2016 6:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2016 6:09 AM

crusher773 wrote:

It's not the trophy it's just the opportunity that go. At least half that 30 class are guys that at some point were classified ...more

Exactly! Not everyone cares about a trophy. A fair shot at there chance to go make it down to LL in a age class is all most amateurs would desire. Just to have a spot on the gate would make many am riders career highlight. Racing against a field of guys who used to qualify for nationals makes that opportunity almost impossible. Those former pro's achieved the pinnacle of the sport. There the ones trophy chasing, not your local amateur vet racer.

|

12/8/2016 6:28 AM

They have an area and a regional within an hour of me this year. My wife got a state job last year so she gets 3 weeks vacation a year, finally we can get the time off as a whole family!

I'm 44, haven't raced a race in almost 8 years and earned 10 national points in the '90's...

See ya at the finish line bitches!!!

|

12/8/2016 6:33 AM

slipdog wrote:

They have an area and a regional within an hour of me this year. My wife got a state job last year so she gets 3 weeks ...more

Hells yeah!

|

12/8/2016 6:49 AM

slipdog wrote:

They have an area and a regional within an hour of me this year. My wife got a state job last year so she gets 3 weeks ...more

10 points in the 90s you say? Sand bagger! Good luck. Hope to see you there.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

12/8/2016 7:37 AM

Woo hoo my 2 options for regionals are both 7+ hrs away.

|

12/8/2016 7:44 AM

slipdog wrote:

Are you doing Oatfield or Riverfront? I'm right across the bridge from Riverfront, so I guess it's a no-brainer

|