Loretta Lynns classes

Lastander
Edited Date/Time 8/2/2018 3:32am
So, being a euro means i barely know half of what Loretta lynns mean to the US riders..
So i got a question about the classes, if im not mistaken, the races are only for amatures, and it A/B/C/D classes?
Why are the likes of Jo shimoda and Carson mumford riding the b class? They are supposed to be the next big thing right?

Would they get smoked in the A class just because they are so young or what am i missing?
|
Arkmx
8/1/2018 10:37am
"Why are the likes of Jo Shimoda and Carson Mumford riding the b class? They are supposed to be the next big thing right?"

Being "groomed" for the A Class then to Pro when the time is right.

mauidex
8/1/2018 10:44am
and more than likely they are turning faster lap times than the A riders or pros............all about the titles bro, all about the titles.......and anything needed to make sure those titles happenWhistlingWhistling
752dad
8/1/2018 10:44am
Generally the young hot shot guys are picked out of B class because the advancement system takes a full season to move them up to A class.

KC
Lastander
8/1/2018 10:47am
mauidex wrote:
and more than likely they are turning faster lap times than the A riders or pros............all about the titles bro, all about the titles.......and anything needed...
and more than likely they are turning faster lap times than the A riders or pros............all about the titles bro, all about the titles.......and anything needed to make sure those titles happenWhistlingWhistling
I kinda guessed that would be the case...
I aint no champion, but my dad always said that last i the A class is still better than first in B, i always raced the fastest guys and never just to win

The Shop

GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/1/2018 11:12am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2018 11:13am
Mumford raced the Supermini class last year, and you want him to jump straight to A class?

85 - supermini - schoolboy - B - A, is the normal progression. Some of the faster and/or more developed riders skip schoolboy and go straight to B.
8/1/2018 11:19am
mauidex wrote:
and more than likely they are turning faster lap times than the A riders or pros............all about the titles bro, all about the titles.......and anything needed...
Lastander wrote:
I kinda guessed that would be the case... I aint no champion, but my dad always said that last i the A class is still better...
I aint no champion, but my dad always said that last i the A class is still better than first in B, i always raced the fastest guys and never just to win
It's also probably fair to say the top "C" riders at LL are competitive with local "A" riders
Toosano
8/1/2018 11:48am
Mini dads rule the roost at Loretta's.
Killer Customz
8/1/2018 11:48am
Yes the manufactures want titles, but it also is all in a timeline for the really fast kids planning on turning pro with a team. You will see them race nearly every class as they work their way towards the pros. No matter how dominant they are, by the time they get through 50,65,85, super mini classes they will then normally see one year in the schoolboy 1 and 2 classes, then a year in B and then a year in A and maybe riding the few pro nationals after Loretta's to prepare them for their true rookie year.
Bramlett321
8/1/2018 12:49pm
mauidex wrote:
Lastander wrote:
I kinda guessed that would be the case... I aint no champion, but my dad always said that last i the A class is still better...
It's also probably fair to say the top "C" riders at LL are competitive with local "A" riders
I would agree that most are at least good B riders. From a selfish standpoint because I'm old and slow, I wish there was a true D class for farts like me.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if all riders came to Lorettas that qualified in their perspective classes. If they would run a timed qualifying to see where they fall. I know there would be issues where someone just has a bad moto and their time is way off. But rearrange them after timed qualifying and based on those times put riders in class ABC and based on age as well. Just a thought.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/1/2018 1:00pm
Lastander wrote:
I would agree that most are at least good B riders. From a selfish standpoint because I'm old and slow, I wish there was a true...
I would agree that most are at least good B riders. From a selfish standpoint because I'm old and slow, I wish there was a true D class for farts like me.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if all riders came to Lorettas that qualified in their perspective classes. If they would run a timed qualifying to see where they fall. I know there would be issues where someone just has a bad moto and their time is way off. But rearrange them after timed qualifying and based on those times put riders in class ABC and based on age as well. Just a thought.
Timed qualifying to decide class structure will always be a fault as some will sandbag their times to get in a lower class.
Texas Built
8/2/2018 12:15am
I see Deegan still trying to avoid having to race against Difrancesco so he entered 65s instead. LOL.
js451
8/2/2018 3:32am
I see Deegan still trying to avoid having to race against Difrancesco so he entered 65s instead. LOL.
He's racing 65's and 85's

Post a reply to: Loretta Lynns classes

The Latest