Loretta Lynns Jumps

Edited Date/Time 8/9/2013 10:38am
One thing I don't understand is why doesn't Lorettas have any jumps? Kinda silly that the biggest race of the year doesn't have any jumps worth a crap.
|
Grizz
8/3/2013 12:37pm
Nobody said the Loretta's track is any good lol
8/3/2013 12:38pm
I said the same thing last night. You would think they at least have a few tricky sections and big tables.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
8/3/2013 12:38pm
Because it's amateur MX and not SX? Plus need the track safe for everyone from peewees to pro's
8/3/2013 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2013 12:51pm
I thought about the peewees and safety.

All they have to do is put in a couple of big table tops or decent size doubles.

When the pee wees race just route them around the big jumps. Not that big a deal. Let us not forget that every person there qualified at their local tract to get there, pee wees, C riders and the pros. I am pretty sure those tracks have some nasty jumps and they all seemed to make it.

But Lorettas just looks like a back yard track. These kids are probably used to hitting 100 foot triples at their local tracks.

It's weird. It would be like playing college or minor league baseball then stepping up to the majors and they move the fence in 100 feet and slow pitch...

This is supposed to be the Superbowl for the amateurs yet that track barely qualifies as a back yard track.

The Shop

8/3/2013 12:53pm
Maybe I shouldn't say its a backyard track. The track is cool. It just needs a couple of real jumps.
brlatm
8/3/2013 12:53pm
Because you don't need 100' triples to make a motocross track IMO.

My son's favorite track is Oakhill and there are not many huge jumps there but that sand tilled up deep with water sure is pretty sweet.
8/3/2013 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2013 1:12pm
brlatm wrote:
Because you don't need 100' triples to make a motocross track IMO. My son's favorite track is Oakhill and there are not many huge jumps there...
Because you don't need 100' triples to make a motocross track IMO.

My son's favorite track is Oakhill and there are not many huge jumps there but that sand tilled up deep with water sure is pretty sweet.
I'm sorry when did I say they needed a 100 foot triple?

I wouldn't want that out there either.
brlatm
8/3/2013 1:16pm
Sorry let me clarify they do have some jumps at LL it's just so dang sloppy right now there are not able to do many of them. I was assuming since you are from Socal that you were wanting tracks like Elsinore and stuff the old basic SX track on steroids. I will apologize if that wasn't the case.
8/3/2013 1:23pm
I understand it's a motocross track. But they could at least put in a couple decent sized tables. That would be safe enough right and give the kids something to jump?
brlatm
8/3/2013 1:27pm
Yes tabletops would be good since you have kids on PW50's with all of 2" or travel on them that would be safe for sure, but I don't think the basic track layout has changed very much since its inception. I am sure there are a few people on here that can clarify this up.
8/3/2013 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2013 1:53pm
Jump for show
Corner for dough
Exactly, I wanna see a showWink

And the "show" is what actually pays the bills.

No show
No sponsors
mx317
8/3/2013 2:29pm
I've raced there eight times and can tell you the jumps may not be huge, but are very challenging with ruts and holes and square edges.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/3/2013 3:19pm
Maybe I shouldn't say its a backyard track. The track is cool. It just needs a couple of real jumps.
Are you there and racing? If so, maybe you'd actually have something to bitch about.
bd
8/3/2013 3:21pm
GuyB wrote:
Are you there and racing? If so, maybe you'd actually have something to bitch about.
There is a reason why he goes by keyboardjockey
Titan1
8/3/2013 3:29pm
I sure hope the OP never complains about a national MX track like MMP or Elsinore not being "mx" enough and a supercross on steroids.
watson
8/3/2013 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2013 6:05pm
The track looks exactly like what it should be: A challenging track that accommodates a variety of age groups and skill sets.

McElrath (and possibly Matt, not even going to attempt to spell his last name right now) was doing a quad at what I believe was at the end of the Ten Commandments. It was fairly big and very technical. That's what the big jump options should be at a track like this: Technical, so that only the B/ A guys, and maybe some of the former Pro's in 25+ and 35+ are attempting. Not a 125ft triple step up with a nice, tempting take off that gives a false sense of security as to how big the jump is. At a race like Loretta's, where even the back-of-the-pack C Classer's balls grow ten sizes bigger, that could spell disaster.

You have to keep in mind that LL's is not a Pro Race. It's an Amateur National.
bullpen658
8/3/2013 4:19pm
If the track had huge jumps, people would be complaining about THAT. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

I think that the track looks plenty technical for an AMATEUR race. The best guy will win no matter what the conditions. Anything that will decrease the number of injuries out there, the better IMO.
8/3/2013 4:26pm
Elbows wrote:
They've had some good jumps in the past but this year was pretty bad. Here's a video I took of barcia doing a triple back in...
They've had some good jumps in the past but this year was pretty bad. Here's a video I took of barcia doing a triple back in 08. I'm on my phone and not sure how to embed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqKk7YqYUIs&sns=em
I remember that section being there when I was there back in 2002.
dboivin
8/3/2013 4:38pm
brlatm wrote:
Yes tabletops would be good since you have kids on PW50's with all of 2" or travel on them that would be safe for sure, but...
Yes tabletops would be good since you have kids on PW50's with all of 2" or travel on them that would be safe for sure, but I don't think the basic track layout has changed very much since its inception. I am sure there are a few people on here that can clarify this up.
I raced in 82', 85' and 87'. the track is dang near the original layout. obviously some minor tweaks and stuff. I don't think Mr. Coombs (SR) had dreams of a supercross national....and the racing at Loretta's is far from boring...its about the riders on a fair track. (even playing field). I wouldn't change a thing except what they are already doing.
Matt Wozney
8/3/2013 5:20pm
What happened to making the tracks safer and all that? Did we forget already? Track was definitely challenging for all classes....as it should be.

If you want to watch jumps, I heard some X Games thing is going on another channel.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
8/3/2013 5:24pm
Loretta's is by far and away one of the toughest tracks I've ever raced. Sure the jumps aren't big, but they are technical because of the deep soil, chewed up and rough track and all the ruts. It makes for great racing, plenty of line choices, and really allows the fast guys to showcase their speed, talent, and conditioning.

I never enjoyed the track much, but it wasn't because of a lack of a challenge, it was because it kicked my ass for 20 minutes straight 3 times a week.
racer369
8/3/2013 5:46pm
yak651 wrote:
Because it's amateur MX and not SX? Plus need the track safe for everyone from peewees to pro's
As all tracks should be! There are 250-300 riders at a local track and 7-10 pros. The pewees to. C Classes are the majority of your money. So do not build your tracks for the minority
drmarkr
8/3/2013 10:11pm
Loretta's is by far and away one of the toughest tracks I've ever raced. Sure the jumps aren't big, but they are technical because of the...
Loretta's is by far and away one of the toughest tracks I've ever raced. Sure the jumps aren't big, but they are technical because of the deep soil, chewed up and rough track and all the ruts. It makes for great racing, plenty of line choices, and really allows the fast guys to showcase their speed, talent, and conditioning.

I never enjoyed the track much, but it wasn't because of a lack of a challenge, it was because it kicked my ass for 20 minutes straight 3 times a week.
Spot fuggin on.....to the OP and others complaining about the track. Get your asses qualified, to race 3 (or better yet, six) moto's there and then get back to us.

That track is way more more vicious than these video's can show.....even when two of your moto's are on the same day, it's almost like riding a different track, with all the bikes on it. I'm getting arm pump just remembering that shit....
MotoX85
8/3/2013 11:13pm
yak651 wrote:
Funny, my 12 yr old 85 rider his 12 yr old 85 riding friend and his other 10 yr old 65/85 riding friend, ALL said the same thing about not having any seperators for jumps. "nothing to separate the men from the boys" is their actual comment. "Lame" was another, but that is a separate topic.

Corner for dough, jump for show I guess
MotoX85
8/3/2013 11:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2013 11:19pm
What happened to making the tracks safer and all that? Did we forget already? Track was definitely challenging for all classes....as it should be. If you...
What happened to making the tracks safer and all that? Did we forget already? Track was definitely challenging for all classes....as it should be.

If you want to watch jumps, I heard some X Games thing is going on another channel.
Or you could watch speedway, flat track or TT.

I think "JUMPS" is what makes It motocross, is it not. With out jumps.....................it would be flat track, speedway or TT

Anyway, you nut swingers know what we mean, no need to psycho-analyze everything to the point that the original point is a distant memory.

LL's needs 1 or even 2 jumps that act as seperators or talent coordinators, whatever you want to call them.

MX is not only about corners.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
8/3/2013 11:54pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Funny, my 12 yr old 85 rider his 12 yr old 85 riding friend and his other 10 yr old 65/85 riding friend, ALL said the...
Funny, my 12 yr old 85 rider his 12 yr old 85 riding friend and his other 10 yr old 65/85 riding friend, ALL said the same thing about not having any seperators for jumps. "nothing to separate the men from the boys" is their actual comment. "Lame" was another, but that is a separate topic.

Corner for dough, jump for show I guess
I do believe that man made jumps and technical rhythms, whoops, etc. are part of the sport now and a lot of fun. When the mud is less of a factor there are definitely some larger jumps the fast guys will pull out. I don't think the original point comes from left field.

As far as nothing to separate guys, I know one of our supported 65 riders came from 18th to 1st in the final moto of the week and ran a lap 6 seconds faster than anyone else on the final lap of the moto to pass from 3rd to 1st and win. Something allowed him to separate himself from the field.

Loretta's is one of the least favorite tracks I have ever raced (most likely results driven and the fact of being a ball of nerves), but saying it isn't challenging I would disagree with.

Finally, keep in mind, the 42 riders on the gate there are all top of their class at their local tracks. They are the ones already jumping everything imaginable, so pretty doubtful they all wouldn't be pulling the trigger on "the big triple" at Loretta's if it existed.

I prefer more healthy riders, great passing and racing, and letting the challenging bumps, ruts, dirt, and layout decipher who is a "man".
Spartacus
8/4/2013 4:48am
What happened to making the tracks safer and all that? Did we forget already? Track was definitely challenging for all classes....as it should be. If you...

MotoX85 wrote:
Or you could watch speedway, flat track or TT. I think "JUMPS" is what makes It motocross, is it not. With out jumps.....................it would be flat...
Or you could watch speedway, flat track or TT.

I think "JUMPS" is what makes It motocross, is it not. With out jumps.....................it would be flat track, speedway or TT

Anyway, you nut swingers know what we mean, no need to psycho-analyze everything to the point that the original point is a distant memory.

LL's needs 1 or even 2 jumps that act as seperators or talent coordinators, whatever you want to call them.

MX is not only about corners.
Agreed but for me the the big crashes and injuries off those jumps that make the sport what it is today.Totally awesome!

Post a reply to: Loretta Lynns Jumps

The Latest