Loretta Lynn's Hosting a NATIONAL?!?!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2020 5:39 PM

Maybe there was a thread about this already (sorry if I missed it) but I just read that Loretta Lynn's is going to host a round of the AMA Lucas Oil Nationals sometime in August (exact date TBD). Thoughts on this?

|

SMOOTHER • LIGHTER • FASTER
www.slfmotion.com

Instagram - @slfmotion
Facebook - SLF Motion

6/2/2020 5:40 PM

Not a great track for a national in my opinion, but this is a strange year and I'll gladly take it over one fewer race.

|

6/2/2020 6:39 PM

Looks like it's a go... Been so long since I was there, don't have a clue what they can do to bring the track up to a national level. Curious to hear what others think can be done.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

6/2/2020 6:45 PM

w00t grin Photo
|

6/2/2020 6:52 PM

It will be fun to watch the 450's skim the 10 commandments

|

6/2/2020 7:38 PM

LL's is gonna make Utah and Elsinore look like the tracks from the FOX "Dream On" ads.

I kid, I kid...sorta wassat

However I seem to recall there was talk a few years ago about putting a new track on the ranch in a section of the property that had hills. I do not think I am imaging that. This was back before they finally settled on Muddy Creek for the "southern national".

Did something go sideways with Muddy Creek? If they need to race in Tennessee that would seem to be a better option.

|

6/2/2020 8:04 PM

Not a fan of the track, even for amateurs, but I'm loving the novelty of it all. Probably get tons of entries, with all the C riders turning pro after the amateur national.

|

6/2/2020 8:56 PM

Whats going to happen when the top guys in C class are doing the same lap times as the pro's?

|

6/3/2020 1:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2020 1:14 AM

racerx217 wrote:

Whats going to happen when the top guys in C class are doing the same lap times as the pro's?

Hopefully it will give the kids some extra support. I’m not going to say any names but an old friend went down there one year and almost won the c class and came back to run faster lap times than the pros at a local race in the intermediate class shortly after. I’ve seen a couple phenomenal young riders slip through the cracks due to lack of support. I’m sure we all have though, it happens often in this sport.

|

6/3/2020 2:14 AM

C class dudes at Loretta’s are no joke. Prob smoke 95% of people on this forum

|

6/3/2020 2:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2020 2:22 AM

I don’t see the problem with it being an ”amateur” track. After all there are former pro riders that race it every year and kids in the amateur ranks that jump up after Loretta’s and they race it just fine. They’ll probably make some changes to the track anyway. I think it’s really cool, probably the only time we’ll be able to see this race.

|

6/3/2020 2:26 AM

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

I don’t see the problem with it being an ”amateur” track. After all there are former pro riders that race it every year and kids in the amateur ranks that jump up after Loretta’s and they race it just fine. They’ll probably make some changes to the track anyway. I think it’s really cool, probably the only time we’ll be able to see this race.

I agree. I bet they will change it up a ton. Not hard to do with a huge dozer. Just revert it back to the reg track come Loretta’s

|

6/3/2020 3:03 AM

Paging mike and Jeff alessi

|

6/3/2020 4:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2020 4:55 AM

Let um race on the same track, big jumps doesn't necessarily produce good racing. Layout is more critical than huge jumps. Let's see how the top guys can compete against each other on a basic roughed out track.

|

6/3/2020 5:20 AM

No tracks in Morgantown?

|

6/3/2020 5:33 AM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

Ok, what makes a C class rider then?

|

6/3/2020 5:34 AM

sandman768 wrote:

No tracks in Morgantown?

Um, high point is what, 30 minutes,away?

|

6/3/2020 7:03 AM

I'm sure they will mod the hell out of it for the National but it's still just a flat riverbed area. The best we can hope for is something like the old Kenworthy track in Ohio.which wasn't half bad actually.

|

6/3/2020 7:32 AM

Kenworthy's was a WAY better track than Loretta Lynns. Lorettas is not a 450 Pro level track at all and kind of tight for them. Just my opinion.

If they need a race in TN, why not put Muddy Creek back on the schedule? That makes WAY more sense to me. Bad blood between the owner and the series?

|

6/3/2020 7:39 AM

racerx217 wrote:

FIREfish148 wrote:

Hopefully it will give the kids some extra support. I’m not going to say any names but an old friend went down there one year and almost won the c class and came back to run faster lap times than the pros at a local race in the intermediate class shortly after. I’ve seen a couple phenomenal young riders slip through the cracks due to lack of support. I’m sure we all have though, it happens often in this sport.

This is the mentality that ruins C class for people trying to get into the sport at a local level. Nobody is getting a pro ride because they did well at Lorettas in C class.

|

6/3/2020 7:47 AM

I think it will be sweet and a great idea to switch it up.
Pro pits behind the starting gate area and up towards the pool, parking and camping all around the track, vendors down the main path and the riders will swim in the river after the race.
8 hour drive for me and I usually do a day or two at Lorettas each year anyways, so a national weekend is very do-able for me.
I'm in.

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

6/3/2020 7:48 AM

sandman768 wrote:

No tracks in Morgantown?

JustMX wrote:

Um, high point is what, 30 minutes,away?

Not even that. Its right across the river

|

6/3/2020 9:06 AM

450 class will be lucky to shift into 3rd gear. haha

|

6/3/2020 9:19 AM

kind of OT but there shouldnt be a C class at lorettas at all.

most of those national level C riders are faster than local A riders..

|

6/3/2020 9:27 AM

I tend to agree with others who feel the track isn't suited to big bikes... but I think that was by design and intentional. Will be interesting to see what (if any) changes they make to the track. Looking at the layout, a few minor things could make the LL track a legit pro-level track. Also build the 10 commandments back to what they were in the late 80's and early 90's and bring back the big tabletop in the middle of the track.

|

6/3/2020 9:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2020 9:29 AM

Nothing said it will be at the same time as the amateur national.

That'd make no sense for the pros or the amateurs.
You expect kids on PW50's to be able to race a pro level whooped out National track?

More than likely, they'll do amateur one week, then the ATV the next, as always, then reconfigure the track and rebuild all the jumps and such for the National the following week

I still believe it'll be tough to think they'll allow full crowds to line the fences at any of these events. More than likely, same as Feld, they're just trying to get the races in to finish out the season and fulfill both their and the race teams sponsor obligations.

Be more made for TV

I wouldn't jump to make hotel reservations too quickly

|

6/3/2020 9:36 AM

MotoMan12345 wrote:

I think that in itself is the joke.

|

6/3/2020 9:52 AM

Sierra Ranger wrote: w00t grin Photo

Somewhere Teefus is grinning at that post........

|

"We don't rent pigs."

6/3/2020 9:55 AM

This might not be popular but I don’t think it’s fair to compare “national level” C class to local C class. The riders progress at much different rates based on competition, training and seat time. I think the C class is ok at LL. The fact that they are much faster than local C class is the same as comparing the national level mini riders to local level racing.

|

6/3/2020 10:04 AM

The only confirmed National at this point is Indiana on July 18th, which is the opening round.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions