Loretta Lynn Controversies?

SEEMEFIRST
4/1/2018 12:01pm
TJMX947 wrote:
Jeff Alessi in 2004. Was DQd after a moto win in 450B stock for having an airfilter cage that was altered. Rumor had it they had...
Jeff Alessi in 2004. Was DQd after a moto win in 450B stock for having an airfilter cage that was altered. Rumor had it they had a new mechanic who got the cages mixed up while prepping the bikes.
36Wheeler wrote:
modified air filter cage? im guessing they just removed the backfire screen for slightly better flow? didnt realise the stock class rules were that strict
You can't even put grip tape on the frame. At least that's how it was the last AMA race I officiated.
4/1/2018 2:08pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
You can't even put grip tape on the frame. At least that's how it was the last AMA race I officiated.
That stuff all relaxed about 6 or 8 years ago.
bd
4/1/2018 2:19pm
1988 at either LL or Ponca City: Doug Dubach won the 1988 250 Stock Class on a YZ 250 with a race tech shifter. He was DQ if I remember correctly.
lumpy790
4/1/2018 2:46pm
bd wrote:
1988 at either LL or Ponca City: Doug Dubach won the 1988 250 Stock Class on a YZ 250 with a race tech shifter. He was...
1988 at either LL or Ponca City: Doug Dubach won the 1988 250 Stock Class on a YZ 250 with a race tech shifter. He was DQ if I remember correctly.
Back then stock was STOCK. They allowed different aftermarket grips but ..... they had to be the stock color.

The Shop

4/1/2018 2:58pm
bd wrote:
1988 at either LL or Ponca City: Doug Dubach won the 1988 250 Stock Class on a YZ 250 with a race tech shifter. He was...
lumpy790 wrote:
Back then stock was STOCK. They allowed different aftermarket grips but ..... they had to be the stock color.
I always wondered why my uncle said Honda had the best stock grips. That was his era
MohMoto14
4/1/2018 3:31pm
bd wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
Had a friend get protested on 60's for patching a rip in his seat with duct tape back around 97. I believe he got dq'd.
4/1/2018 3:47pm
What's the deal with being able to claim a bike? Is that to keep teams/parents from putting too much money into them with the possibility of losing the bike for $2000-$2500? (Think I read that before, can't remember)
90smoto
4/1/2018 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2018 8:23pm
-Kevin Cozad of MXers for Jesus in 2007 was some well deserved controversy. Dude had no business in the 30 B/C class. He went and bumped himself down a class from being a previous A rider to try and steal a B/C title. He smoked everyone first moto really bad. But karma got him and in the 2nd moto he broke his colorbone in a crash off the start. There was stickers being put up around the ranch that week that said “sandbagers for Jesus” cause allot of other people also found it ironic how the Jesus guy was cherry picking a class he didn’t belong in. Then too top it off a few years later his kid sandbagged his way too a title in the newly created “youth beginner” class that was designed for kids new to racing which he wasn’t. That class is gone now after that bullshit. Apple doesnt fall far from the tree... Neither of them belonged in there class but did whatever it took to try and steal some novice titles. Very holy of them lol

-1995 the 3 moto format was changed to 2 motos after a hurricane swept thru. A buddy of mine won a mini title but it wasn’t without some people saying that it was because there was no 3rd moto

-JS7 on a PW 50 was DQ’d a moto

Sully
4/1/2018 4:31pm
Didn't AC lose a super mini race a handful of years ago because his mechanic put his 85 cylinder on his super mini?
4/1/2018 5:28pm
90smoto wrote:
-Kevin Cozad of MXers for Jesus in 2007 was some well deserved controversy. Dude had no business in the 30 B/C class. He went and bumped...
-Kevin Cozad of MXers for Jesus in 2007 was some well deserved controversy. Dude had no business in the 30 B/C class. He went and bumped himself down a class from being a previous A rider to try and steal a B/C title. He smoked everyone first moto really bad. But karma got him and in the 2nd moto he broke his colorbone in a crash off the start. There was stickers being put up around the ranch that week that said “sandbagers for Jesus” cause allot of other people also found it ironic how the Jesus guy was cherry picking a class he didn’t belong in. Then too top it off a few years later his kid sandbagged his way too a title in the newly created “youth beginner” class that was designed for kids new to racing which he wasn’t. That class is gone now after that bullshit. Apple doesnt fall far from the tree... Neither of them belonged in there class but did whatever it took to try and steal some novice titles. Very holy of them lol

-1995 the 3 moto format was changed to 2 motos after a hurricane swept thru. A buddy of mine won a mini title but it wasn’t without some people saying that it was because there was no 3rd moto

It was Malcolm, he went Dns,1,1. DQed first moto with a kill switch violation if I remember right.
JustMX
4/1/2018 5:41pm
90smoto wrote:
-Kevin Cozad of MXers for Jesus in 2007 was some well deserved controversy. Dude had no business in the 30 B/C class. He went and bumped...

I don't think js7 was disqualified at LL's. He was at the gatorback regional, 92 maybe, and I believe it was for a ring and pinion.
90smoto
4/1/2018 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2018 8:04pm
90smoto wrote:

JustMX wrote:
I don't think js7 was disqualified at LL's. He was at the gatorback regional, 92 maybe, and I believe it was for a ring and pinion.
No your both wrong. JS7 was definitely DQ’d I was there. It was 1994
90smoto
4/1/2018 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2018 7:51pm
1994 DQ’d 1st moto here’s the results 29th place

JustMX
4/1/2018 8:38pm
90smoto wrote:
I stand corrected on the 94 event, but I know I am also correct on the dq at gatorback. I was working the impound area when his bike was protested.
bsharkey
4/1/2018 9:05pm
TJMX947 wrote:
Jeff Alessi in 2004. Was DQd after a moto win in 450B stock for having an airfilter cage that was altered. Rumor had it they had...
Jeff Alessi in 2004. Was DQd after a moto win in 450B stock for having an airfilter cage that was altered. Rumor had it they had a new mechanic who got the cages mixed up while prepping the bikes.
36Wheeler wrote:
modified air filter cage? im guessing they just removed the backfire screen for slightly better flow? didnt realise the stock class rules were that strict
They call it " the stock pipe class"
Shawn142
4/2/2018 8:45am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2018 8:45am
RC taking out Charlie Bogard on 80s. Bogard got up and sat on the side of the track until RC came around again and ghosted his bike at RC. It didn't do much damage but for the next 5 motos they had together there was a Kawi spotter at nearly every corner of the track.

My personal favorite was Travis Pastrana blocking and roosting Billy Payne trying to win a Schoolboy title. Travis did his typical auger in moto one and needed to not only beat Payne but have a few more finish between them. Last Schoolboy moto was a mud bath so you can imagine the childish shit that went down there.

In my own personal little shit show I got protested for frame guards in the stock class.
Jack_Wagon
4/3/2018 5:48am
There was a pretty crazy story from last year's PW class involving an AMA official and a mom. Apparently the kid didn't qualify but was given preferential treatment since mom was taking one for the team. Obviously the parents of the kid who earned a spot but were shafted made a big deal about it, and the official is no longer employed by the AMA or MX Sports.
aharper33
4/3/2018 6:57am
thall767 wrote:
How does claiming work?
There was a good description of it on another topic a few weeks ago when Chatfield tried to claim Allesi's bikes.. Basically you can claim anyone's bike, and you have to pay a percentage over msrp of a new bike. I believe it was 20 or 30 percent over price.
JBlain619
4/3/2018 7:40am
In 2009, Jesse Masterpool and Matt Bisceglia went 1-2; 2-1. Basically whomever finished ahead of the other was going to be the champ. Cianciarulo was out front, Jesse and Matt were battling hard in 2nd and 3rd. With 3 or so laps to go going into the billboard corner, Bisceglia hit Jesse so hard that his front tire got wedged between the frame and the swingarm. Damnedest thing I ever saw in person. Cianciarulo ended up winning the title and both Jesse and Matt finished a lap down because it took so long to get their bikes apart.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/3/2018 8:36am
Keep this thread goin!!

I've heard a bunch of rumors about swapping going on at a bunch of the nationals. Does that really happen as much as I've been told?
4/3/2018 2:32pm
2016, Rumors of a Transgender in the Womens class. Beer tent erupted chanting "Chick with a dick!"
4/3/2018 3:05pm
Jack_Wagon wrote:
There was a pretty crazy story from last year's PW class involving an AMA official and a mom. Apparently the kid didn't qualify but was given...
There was a pretty crazy story from last year's PW class involving an AMA official and a mom. Apparently the kid didn't qualify but was given preferential treatment since mom was taking one for the team. Obviously the parents of the kid who earned a spot but were shafted made a big deal about it, and the official is no longer employed by the AMA or MX Sports.
I'm probably going to regret this, but this is not at all what happened. My memory is 99% on this and here is how it happened.

At the Southwest Regional they take the top 3 kids in the PW50 class to Lorettas. One of the kids who finished in the top three was protested for illegal suspension. The suspension was deemed illegal but the rider produced a letter from an AMA employee that said it was OK to do what he did to the suspension. So now there is a problem. It was not fair to the fourth place rider to be beaten by a bike with illegal parts, but it was also not fair to DQ the kid with the suspension because he was misled by the AMA employee who did not understand his question and replied improperly.

Since there is not a full gate at LLs in the PW class a compromise was reached and both were allowed to race. What probably should have happened was the kid should have been DQed for illegal suspension and then appealed the DQ. That would have left a paper trail. Instead, when they got to LLs they just put her in the class.

The problem was twofold. One, she was listed as the 4th alternate, and two her mom was dating an AMA employee. When she was added to the class everyone thought they jumped over the first three alternates because of her moms relationship when in actuality it was because of what happened in the regional. Had the regional been handled properly, she would have been in third and a qualifying position.

I think after how bad it looked, even though non of the rumors were true, MX Sports just let all of the alternates who were there race.

Finally, think about this. Even if an AMA employee asked MX Sports to allow their girlfriends kid to hop over a bunch of kids in the alternate line, there is ZERO chance MX Sports would say yes to that. Every result from every race is online. Even if MX Sports wanted to, which I could never fathom, no chance they could possibly get away with it.

It is a way better story that a mom slept her kids way to the gate at LLs, just not what happened.
mxbum
4/4/2018 8:13am
90smoto wrote:
It was for outside assistance related to the faulty kill switch. Big James tried to start the bike.
bruce

Post a reply to: Loretta Lynn Controversies?

The Latest