Loretta Lynn Controversies?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/30/2018 10:32 PM

Would love to hear some insight or stories of some drama or big time stories that have happened at the ranch in years past. Mainly on track stuff but off track fun too. Any kind of hell thats been raised etc.I know lots have went on the beer tent!!!

Examples that come to mind:

‘03 Adam Chatfield claiming Mike Alessis supermini

‘03 or ‘04 Tyler bowers getting blackflagged for trying to hold up Ben Lamay

‘92 Company placing injunction over the rider bibs

‘02? Michael Lapaglia racing “C” class after previously receiving Suzuki support

Bud maimone and his cobra machines

J-law

Myself running naked through the pits after being run off by a very PO’D dad ?

....just a few that I’ve heard of or were privy to. Not looking for vet rider or Alta opinions just any fun/sad/wfo/ stories from yesteryear. Share what ya got

|

3/30/2018 10:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2018 10:37 PM

Paging DJ Khaled!

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





3/30/2018 11:07 PM

Five or so years ago, there was a block pass made on the last lap for the lead at Loretta’s. The guy who got block passed decided to go off the track and blast down the side of the whoops/rollers to repass the guy who had just passed him. He went on to win the race. I forget who the two riders were. If someone remembers this or has a video, that would be awesome. I believe they were on 250s, but don’t quote me on that.

|

3/30/2018 11:51 PM

Just this pass summer mike brown got a lot of hate for racing the vet class I think ( don’t quote me on that ) because of where he used to be a pro. Some people argued he was eligible but others argued he shouldn’t have been able to ride that class.

|

3/31/2018 2:02 AM

kzizok wrote:

Paging DJ Khaled!

I see what you did there lol

|

#1
KX125

3/31/2018 2:05 AM

kzizok wrote:

Paging DJ Khaled!

LOL

Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/31/2018 4:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2018 4:53 AM

Not really a controversy but in 2015 I walked up with my 6 pack cooler and started cracking Busch lights as riders meeting was going off. People looked at me like WTF is going on? I just said this is my training back home...got smoked in the beer tent Friday night and had my best result Saturday morning of the whole week too. Adulting in the +30 Class

|

3/31/2018 5:12 AM

Wild Willies canoe ride.
Bucksnort tavern locked doors strip one night. I loved the writeup DC did about it in the old RacerX newspaper in ye old English style "and the lady removed her petticoat".

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

3/31/2018 6:19 AM

Someone took the valvestems out of a very noisy obnoxious cart that kept waking him up next-door.

|

3/31/2018 7:23 AM

kzizok wrote:

Paging DJ Khaled!

-MAVERICK- wrote:

LOL

Photo

w00t silly
|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





3/31/2018 7:35 AM

Yeah, the first year of the cobras there was a big stink about the overall length.

The fenders were both a little big so they stuck out past the wheels.

A lot of arguing about what the definition of "overall length " was exactly.

There always seemed to be a stink about sandbagging "c" riders from California and texas. I think the internet and online results have made that easier to address.

|

3/31/2018 8:18 AM

A few guys racing never actually rode their qualifiers or regionals.

|

3/31/2018 9:44 AM

Not really controversial but the video series of the DMXS guys borrowing gear and a bike from a bunch of different riders to sneak into one of the races is pure gold IMO.

|

3/31/2018 12:12 PM

What about the mom’s “helping” secure a ride for the next year?

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

3/31/2018 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2018 2:02 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

What about the mom’s “helping” secure a ride for the next year?

wassat Are you talking about the worlds oldest profession used to secure junior a spot on the starting line at Loretta's?

This wasn't exactly a controversy, but it could've been. When I raced there in 1984, a friend of mine threw a bucket of water on me in the waning moments of a hot moto....the next guy that came around slid out and low sided on the wet spot left behind.
|

3/31/2018 5:40 PM

Photo
It was not in Loretta, it was in Ponca, back in 2010, I looked for a team that would give Prado support to do that race and thus be able to make his debut and make himself known in the USA, which was where he dreamed of running, the USA team was a children's team, now I do not remember the name of this team, but I have the emails archived, I know I had a children's MX school, it was a good team and I believe that Cantrell was there, when the team says me to me ok Prado for the Ponca, I contacted the Prado family and the team and I do not know what was wrong after with the dates notices that passed the date and could not go to compete in the race of Ponca.
I think from the USA team did not warn him when he had to go para USA.
I think they don´t take much care about Prado in this ocasion.
At that time Prado had already won the Master Kids the previous year, and the European 65 was ready, which he won, along with the Junior World Championship that he also won in the same year when he could go to Ponca.
It was finishing those championships and the KTM RED BULL signed him for five years, when he was only ten years old.
And that's how perhaps the opportunity was missed that Prado had continued in the USA since he was a child.
Photo

|

3/31/2018 6:09 PM

Photo

|

3/31/2018 6:16 PM

ruy wrote: Photo
It was not in Loretta, it was in Ponca, back in 2010, I looked for a team that would give Prado support to do that race and thus be able to make his debut and make himself known in the USA, which was where he dreamed of running, the USA team was a children's team, now I do not remember the name of this team, but I have the emails archived, I know I had a children's MX school, it was a good team and I believe that Cantrell was there, when the team says me to me ok Prado for the Ponca, I contacted the Prado family and the team and I do not know what was wrong after with the dates notices that passed the date and could not go to compete in the race of Ponca.
I think from the USA team did not warn him when he had to go para USA.
I think they don´t take much care about Prado in this ocasion.
At that time Prado had already won the Master Kids the previous year, and the European 65 was ready, which he won, along with the Junior World Championship that he also won in the same year when he could go to Ponca.
It was finishing those championships and the KTM RED BULL signed him for five years, when he was only ten years old.
And that's how perhaps the opportunity was missed that Prado had continued in the USA since he was a child.
Photo

Makes sense...

|

3/31/2018 6:17 PM

Do people, no can people, still claim bikes?

|

3/31/2018 6:38 PM

Wasn't there big drama one year where Travis Pastrana slowed down in the 3rd moto to take out Billy Payne to secure a title? If memory serves me correctly they went to court to settle the dispute.

|

3/31/2018 7:41 PM

Bradshaw’s last year at LL. 125 stk pro, crashed in the first turn cane back and won the moto. Had a tarp out and started tearing his bike apart as soon as he crossed the finish line. Bikecwas box stock and he won the title...

|

3/31/2018 8:26 PM

Danger Boy caught cheating comes to mind.....

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

3/31/2018 8:36 PM

8tensolutions wrote:

Danger Boy caught cheating comes to mind.....

Care to elaborate

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

3/31/2018 9:20 PM

Asimo wrote:

A few guys racing never actually rode their qualifiers or regionals.

You could pick EVERY year for this

|

3/31/2018 9:20 PM

8tensolutions wrote:

Danger Boy caught cheating comes to mind.....

GregDVT wrote:

Care to elaborate

Big bore i think or last year he got docked for cutting out the 10 commandments or something along those lines

|

3/31/2018 9:40 PM

Jeff Alessi in 2004. Was DQd after a moto win in 450B stock for having an airfilter cage that was altered. Rumor had it they had a new mechanic who got the cages mixed up while prepping the bikes.

|

3/31/2018 10:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2018 10:18 PM

Asimo wrote:

A few guys racing never actually rode their qualifiers or regionals.

MotoX85 wrote:

You could pick EVERY year for this

Please give me just one example in the last 10 years?

|

3/31/2018 10:29 PM

8tensolutions wrote:

Danger Boy caught cheating comes to mind.....

GregDVT wrote:

Care to elaborate

Richard Tease II wrote:

Big bore i think or last year he got docked for cutting out the 10 commandments or something along those lines

It was at a qualifier wasn’t it ?

|

3/31/2018 10:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2018 10:35 PM

GregDVT wrote:

Care to elaborate

Richard Tease II wrote:

Big bore i think or last year he got docked for cutting out the 10 commandments or something along those lines

scott_nz wrote:

It was at a qualifier wasn’t it ?

Can’t remember with big bore when but i’m certain he got docked last year for not entering where he exited.
During his 65 race maybe the first lap

|

4/1/2018 9:07 AM

A lot of drama in the bike inspection area....

|