Looks official: Roczen to Suzuki, Wilson to KTM?

Vince_192
Edited Date/Time 8/1/2014 2:05pm
Looks like it's official:

Kenny will go to Suzuki, while Dean Wilson will be Dungeys teammate for next year..

What do you think:

http://racerxonline.com/2014/07/31/ken-roczen-to-leave-ktm
|
mxjon454
8/1/2014 2:13am
Roczen will be a title contender throughout the year, esp if what they're saying about RV not racing supercross next year is true. I think that alone will push roczen to another level next year, also with going back to the manufacture that he grew up with. Wilson's kind of hard to judge IMO. You never really know what you'll get from him but I hope he can be battling for some podiums and maybe a few wins.
8/1/2014 3:34am
I think Roczen just confirmed a couple mechanical failures before the end of the season, and the title going to the other KTM.
Crush
8/1/2014 5:22am
Watson says wait for the press release! haha.

Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/1/2014 5:25am
mxjon454 wrote:
Roczen will be a title contender throughout the year, esp if what they're saying about RV not racing supercross next year is true. I think that...
Roczen will be a title contender throughout the year, esp if what they're saying about RV not racing supercross next year is true. I think that alone will push roczen to another level next year, also with going back to the manufacture that he grew up with. Wilson's kind of hard to judge IMO. You never really know what you'll get from him but I hope he can be battling for some podiums and maybe a few wins.
I think if the RV out is true, that alone will push not only Roczen to another level next year, but others too. Tomac, Canard and Barcia.

The Shop

IWreckALot
8/1/2014 5:32am
mxjon454 wrote:
Roczen will be a title contender throughout the year, esp if what they're saying about RV not racing supercross next year is true. I think that...
Ramrod wrote:
I think if the RV out is true, that alone will push not only Roczen to another level next year, but others too. Tomac, Canard and...
I think if the RV out is true, that alone will push not only Roczen to another level next year, but others too. Tomac, Canard and Barcia.
Yep. These younger guys will push even harder since it seems like it's open season. It'll be nice to have Milsaps and a few others back also.
IWreckALot
8/1/2014 5:35am
Oh and as for Wilson, I don't think the KTM will be any more productive for him than the Kawasaki. Maybe less mechanical issues but he's still going to have to work through the arm pump and mental game.
machine
8/1/2014 5:41am
Wonder if Wilson will be on a 450, I sure hope so, he's gotten too big for that 250.
7I3N
8/1/2014 6:02am
I think Roczen just confirmed a couple mechanical failures before the end of the season, and the title going to the other KTM.
On a team run by Roger DeCoster? Not a chance. It'll be a fair fight to the end.
CrashMaster
8/1/2014 6:06am
Wilson blows at supercross, always has. Sure he's won races but he just falls apart, he's a better outdoor rider. I think his outdoor title will be the last he'll ever win. He won't win any more titles.
71Fish
8/1/2014 6:07am
I'm not a Wilson fan, but I just hope he can stay healthy and injury free. Between him a TC41, they have suffered some pretty serious injuries for being so young. Those injuries don't get any easier to deal with as they get older.
Jimfunn
8/1/2014 6:18am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2014 6:19am
Wilson blows at supercross, always has. Sure he's won races but he just falls apart, he's a better outdoor rider. I think his outdoor title will...
Wilson blows at supercross, always has. Sure he's won races but he just falls apart, he's a better outdoor rider. I think his outdoor title will be the last he'll ever win. He won't win any more titles.
well aren't you a little ray of sunshine!

Maybe I'm biased being from UK but one thing he has which you cannot "learn" is speed & ability. If he can get it all together then I think he can be a regular podium threat in the 450 class, in & outdoors.

Interesting reading the RacerX interview with mitch. He sounds like he has allot of time for Wilson & wishes him all the best - he must be a good employee and hard worker to get that kind of send-off from PC?
Steakhead
8/1/2014 6:25am
its strictly a rumor Ive heard but I am not 100% sure that the Kenny to RCH thing is complete, heard there are talks of him taking the spot of a certain rumored to be retiring 4x supercross champion. And before you drop the Red Bull card said rumor also says he has a clause in that contract that he can get out of it to go to a big green rig...
Crush
8/1/2014 6:25am
How can you not like Deano???

He rips, he's funny, he's got some personality and he doesn't take it so serious that he can't tell us what's happening!

KTM did a good thing, he can and probably will win a couple titles for them! You all know he qualified fastest at Daytona in the 450s right? Can't teach speed!
ehr400
8/1/2014 6:55am
But you can teach work ethic, thats what Deano lacks. Fitness and it shows. Him and CP have had a running bet who can fade the longest.
8/1/2014 7:10am
ehr400 wrote:
But you can teach work ethic, thats what Deano lacks. Fitness and it shows. Him and CP have had a running bet who can fade the...
But you can teach work ethic, thats what Deano lacks. Fitness and it shows. Him and CP have had a running bet who can fade the longest.
That being said, Dean is going to be teammates with Dungey, a rider known for his fitness and work ethic. I think they will benefit each other but only time will tell what will happen. Either way I would love to see Dean get back to winning races.
8/1/2014 7:10am
Steakhead wrote:
its strictly a rumor Ive heard but I am not 100% sure that the Kenny to RCH thing is complete, heard there are talks of him...
its strictly a rumor Ive heard but I am not 100% sure that the Kenny to RCH thing is complete, heard there are talks of him taking the spot of a certain rumored to be retiring 4x supercross champion. And before you drop the Red Bull card said rumor also says he has a clause in that contract that he can get out of it to go to a big green rig...
Aye~keep fishing

the Redbull card will be dropped, there isn't an out clause in his contract that he can leave just for factory Kawi! Ken has been with Redbull his entire pro career and loves it there! Once a high paying Redbull athelete, always a high paying Redbull athelete! That family takes care of their own and Kenny knows that!
ehr400
8/1/2014 7:13am
ehr400 wrote:
But you can teach work ethic, thats what Deano lacks. Fitness and it shows. Him and CP have had a running bet who can fade the...
That being said, Dean is going to be teammates with Dungey, a rider known for his fitness and work ethic. I think they will benefit each...
That being said, Dean is going to be teammates with Dungey, a rider known for his fitness and work ethic. I think they will benefit each other but only time will tell what will happen. Either way I would love to see Dean get back to winning races.
True, but I dont know if he has time to train because practicing his different accents require alot of time.
IceMan446
8/1/2014 7:23am
ehr400 wrote:
Kind of hard to have that when he has been injured so much.

Give the kid a break. He has had some bad injuries and rarely rides 100% healthy.
ehr400
8/1/2014 7:27am Edited Date/Time 8/1/2014 7:28am
Nah thats why I am on Vital. Plus it pisses off the island monkies whenever you bag on him.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/1/2014 7:29am
Steakhead wrote:
its strictly a rumor Ive heard but I am not 100% sure that the Kenny to RCH thing is complete, heard there are talks of him...
You may need a better rumor source.
IWreckALot
8/1/2014 7:31am
Steakhead wrote:
Aye~keep fishing the Redbull card will be dropped, there isn't an out clause in his contract that he can leave just for factory Kawi! Ken has...
Aye~keep fishing

the Redbull card will be dropped, there isn't an out clause in his contract that he can leave just for factory Kawi! Ken has been with Redbull his entire pro career and loves it there! Once a high paying Redbull athelete, always a high paying Redbull athelete! That family takes care of their own and Kenny knows that!
Agreed. That rumor smells like a rotten fish.
MT MX
8/1/2014 7:34am
In supercross this year, when Deano was on it, man he was 'On it'. He was unbeatable. Unfortunately it was only a couple of races. I think he'll do good next year on the 450. I think he might even win a race or two.
Now, Roczen to Suzuki? For me, the jury is still out. I feel like there will be too much pressure for him. Also, I think this is the turning of the tide..................as in RCH becoming the Yosh Suzuki team. I think Yosh is playing a bigger part in getting Kenny than everyone thinks. They know James is done next year (possibly this year) and they need 'a guy'.
HenryA
8/1/2014 7:34am
Wilson blows at supercross, always has. Sure he's won races but he just falls apart, he's a better outdoor rider. I think his outdoor title will...
I get your point, he faded too much at Daytona on the 450 but it's a bit harsh to say that he sucks at supercross. He was in the title hunt before he crashed out (can't remember if it was 12/13). He needs someone to push him that extra mile and I think that DeCoster is the man that could make it happen.
Jimfunn
8/1/2014 7:35am
ehr400 wrote:
Nah thats why I am on Vital. Plus it pisses off the island monkies whenever you bag on him.
Monkeys*
mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
8/1/2014 7:37am
IF(Big IF) Kenny went to Kawasaki he wouldn't have to give up Red Bull because this is the last season Monster is sponsoring team Kawasaki. RV is a monster athlete so if he doesn't retire he will still wear the claw but whoever else signs won't necessarily be a monster rider.
ehr400
8/1/2014 7:39am
ehr400 wrote:
Jimfunn wrote:
Monkeys*
Thanks! Lol
davistld01
8/1/2014 8:02am
machine wrote:
Wonder if Wilson will be on a 450, I sure hope so, he's gotten too big for that 250.
With KR going bye-bye...bet on Wilson being on a 450.
stewie94
8/1/2014 8:41am
lol i swear yal get dumber by the day CoolLaughing
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/1/2014 9:40am
ehr400 wrote:
I don't think this is his problem as much as you think. Maybe his mental game and confidence isn't as strong as when he won the outdoor title.

I think if he can top 10 indoors next year he can do well outdoors on the KTM, maybe around 3-6 place.

The KTM is improving all the time and is obviously strong in mx. With the new FE model coming out, those guys might have one of the best bikes period. Roczen is going yellow, what improvements are they making? Or are they good staying the same?

Post a reply to: Looks official: Roczen to Suzuki, Wilson to KTM?

The Latest