Looks like the MXoN could be a mudder.......

Related:
Create New Tag

10/1/2018 4:11 PM

Checking the weather forcast and it looks like Friday, Saturday and Sunday all have pretty good chances of being wet. Good chance Tuesday will be rainy Wednesday and Thursday will be dry. It's Michigan and the weather forecast could change at any minute. Hoping for drier conditions and nicer weather. If your coming to the race bring your rain gear just in case. I live north east of Red Bud about 2 hours or so and we have been getting rain pretty straight for 2 days. I think the rain kind of missed them today.

So if it is a mudder who does it favor? Tomac, Barcia and Pless are all pretty stout in the mud, I am sure some of the Euro's are good in the mud as well. Who ya got in a mud race at Red Bud?

I say the USA has this one if they can all stay upright and ride smart. This is the only race I will ever cheer for Tomac so I hope he does well......

|

10/1/2018 4:24 PM

Who's the best rider in Biblical rains?

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

10/1/2018 4:26 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/1/2018 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2018 4:54 PM

Rain or shine, USA still has the home advantage.
That said, if it’s muddy I’m sure the Euro guys won’t mind and some may actually do better, think team GB
How messy does redbud get in the wet?

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

10/1/2018 5:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2018 5:19 PM

That was yesterday though, how could we possibly keep up with the weather using a thread that old?

|

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

10/1/2018 5:21 PM

If it rains then no one will have to complain about the leap after all

|

10/1/2018 6:00 PM

Rain or shine the US team should win easily. In a mudder the euros should be closer though.
Let's hope it stays dry

|

10/1/2018 6:15 PM

Curious to know what would happen in the worst case scenario which judging by the current forecast, appears to be a real possibility. Not saying it will happen but let’s say for the sake of argument/“what if knowledge” there are non-stop thunderstorms w/torrential downpour, lightening, thunder, etc, all day Saturday and Sunday. What happens? Would the race be postponed/rescheduled, cancelled, or would they hold the event no matter how bad the conditions?

Apologies to everyone in advance that was looking forward to a great race under optimal conditions. I have a long history of events i’m eagerly anticipating somehow getting f’d up so figured this would happen months ago based on the sheer fact i was hoping/praying for a dry race and as mentioned, never seem to get what i’m hoping for...

In all seriousness I’m interested to hear if there’s a precedent or expectation for how such circumstances would be handled.

|

10/1/2018 6:21 PM

Serious question.

Has anyone considered what we're going to do if Godzilla attacks the day of the event?

|

10/1/2018 7:40 PM

Red bud has been doing this for 100 years. they used to sell shirts that said, "it always rains at red bud". With all the sand, the only issue will be the motorhomes and campers getting stuck.

|

10/1/2018 7:50 PM

What??? No I hadn't heard that!

|

10/1/2018 8:06 PM

Stuntman949 wrote:

Kevin Windham

|

10/1/2018 11:23 PM

Might have to buy some "disposal" boots I can discard after the Sunday

|

10/2/2018 3:18 AM

Red Bud holds water very very well, and I will bet the Ritchies have already rolled the whole track so the water runs off of it all week. I think the track will be in good shape for the weekend and throughout.

|

10/2/2018 6:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2018 6:06 AM

Underground wrote:

Go to wal-mart, fleet farm, outdoor stores, ect... buy rubber "slop" mud boots. They are cheap and generic sized. At wal-mart they can be had for about $15. so worth the money. I have 2 pairs for events.

*just make sure you wear high socks as the rubber just eats away at your ankle skin after about 5 minutes of walking in them.

|

10/2/2018 7:22 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

rehan53 wrote:

Kevin Windham

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

10/2/2018 7:26 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

Johnny O'Mara

|

10/2/2018 7:34 AM

If there is biblical rains then Plessinger and Sipes could do damage. Plessinger has won GNCC's in XC2 and Sipes was an ISDE overall winner. I bet the Euros can ride in the mud too, so a mudder could be very interesting.

|

10/2/2018 7:40 AM

Underground wrote:

Payup_199 wrote:

Go to wal-mart, fleet farm, outdoor stores, ect... buy rubber "slop" mud boots. They are cheap and generic sized. At wal-mart ...more

Those things are hell on your feet if you wear them for a whole weekend, put some good inserts in them to help out.

|

10/2/2018 7:54 AM

The American team could have had a slightly better team in the dry let's say if everyone would have stayed healthy (Anderson,Martin) but in the rain/mud this is the best possible team we could have picked no matter who stayed healthy or not.

|

10/2/2018 9:00 AM

It's gong to be Bam Bam Weather! Photo

|

10/2/2018 10:00 AM

HusqFan3 wrote:

Curious to know what would happen in the worst case scenario which judging by the current forecast, appears to be a real ...more

Do you not remember last years MXoN?

The weekend might have scattered showers through out. Still too early to tell.

|

10/2/2018 11:24 AM

so "chance of afternoon showers" means a mudder.... shit they just won't have to water the track, that's all.

|

10/2/2018 2:06 PM

greenmx5 wrote:

so "chance of afternoon showers" means a mudder.... shit they just won't have to water the track, that's all.

It's been raining for days here in Michigan. The ground is soaked, and more is on the way.........So yeah it could be muddy. Bring a lawn chair or a tarp to sit on or your gonna get a wet ass.

|

10/2/2018 2:56 PM

well... On the brighter side.. Bit of rain could do that young aussie Hunter Lawrence a favour.

Although, Mud race on home soil for AP and Barcia seems like an unstoppable force

|

10/2/2018 3:10 PM

It's gonna be epic!
Photo

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

10/2/2018 3:32 PM

GIwasB4 wrote:

It's gonna be epic!
Photo

No joke, my wife and I were talking about the forecast for the race - and hearing it’s still going to be 80 degrees I looked over at her said.... “OH, that’s perfect mud wrestling weather!!!!”

To which she rolled her eyes, and wondered why that was the first thing I thought of.....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

10/2/2018 10:32 PM

NOAA is the most accurate forecast we use on the farm out west, and it's looking fairly tame for a prepped track with sand added. One can only hope but, bring on the mud wrestling if things go to hell.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Buchanan&state=MI&site=IWX&textField1=41.8279&textField2=-86.3668&e=0#.W7QwrxFRddg

|

10/3/2018 10:54 AM

731chopper wrote:

Serious question.

Has anyone considered what we're going to do if Godzilla attacks the day of the event?

Oh i get it, because at the time wondering what the protocol would be in the event of heavy rains was so improbable and far fetched that it was stupid to even ask such an absurd question. Apologies, not sure what i was thinking...

Photo

|

10/3/2018 11:05 AM

According to my weatherbug app, only 10% chance of rain all day Sunday-- Typically means just overcast.

Hopefully they dont get blasted Saturday.

|