Looks like the Chinese are getting serious!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2019 1:15 PM

Now I hate shopping for stuff when all you can find is it's "made in China" as much as the next guy.

There is an Arizona dual sport FB page that I'm a member of and these guys do a lot of riding.

A couple of them have bought these Chinese bikes.
I guess the new generation is pretty good from the reviews I read from these guys.

The Price is Right and if it will put more beginner Riders on their seats then I can't see nothing but good things out of it.

Both the two stroke and four stroke model are pictured here.

Photo

|

5/19/2019 1:21 PM

What is the price?

|

5/19/2019 1:25 PM

These bikes are blatant copies of other companies products. The Chinese need to stop stealing Intellectual Property and come up with their own products. Then develop a dealer network and product support infrastructure. Then maybe they’ll be taken more seriously.

|

5/19/2019 1:32 PM

People used to laugh at the Japanese bikes too.

|

5/19/2019 1:33 PM

RandyS wrote:

EXACTLY! w00t

|

5/19/2019 1:35 PM

RandyS wrote:

Did the Japanese clone other companies bikes though?

|

5/19/2019 1:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2019 1:42 PM

newmann wrote:

What is the price?

5300 for the 250 2t. Which is actually a 230 I believe. Motor was based from a late Yamaha motor. Oil injected. The body isn’t hard to tell. They have a few reviews up on YouTube. Rocky Mountain sells parts for them. Gpx is the brand and believe they are partnered with pitster pro.

|

5/19/2019 1:39 PM

RandyS wrote:

Doddy wrote:

Did the Japanese clone other companies bikes though?

They made small simple bikes, China is taking a different road to the same destination.

|

5/19/2019 1:42 PM

|

KX125

5/19/2019 1:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2019 1:48 PM

Here is the info

https://gpxmoto.com/

How in the hell is the four stroke cheaper than the two stroke!

Anyways these guys seem to love them so far.
Photo

Photo

Photo

I wonder how long before we see our first Chinese Factory sponsored racer!! grin

|

5/19/2019 1:47 PM

I'm a member of said dual sport page as well and I don't get why these guys are pushing these bikes so hard. I would rather spend $6K on a used Honda/KTM/Yamaha than one of these turds. Be interesting to see what the resale on these will be. The fact that it is a blatant rip off of a KTM chassis and Husqvarna plastics rubs me the wrong way. How is it legal for them to be sold in the US? Not too mention we already send enough money to China. They may be just fine bikes but you wont see me supporting them in any way.

|

5/19/2019 1:50 PM

G-man wrote:

Now I hate shopping for stuff when all you can find is it's "made in China" as much as the next guy.

There is an Arizona dual ...more

Awesome. Put pressure on the big four to get bike prices down. Hodaka was a cheapo bike also and had a significant impact on consumer buying. Are these green sticker bikes for Ca?

|

5/19/2019 1:52 PM

I can see $3500 for a noob who isn't going to ride it hard. Over $5000 for a slow heavy 250 is just stupid.

|

5/19/2019 1:54 PM

newmann wrote:

What is the price?

You for the buy in, or for the end of year “buy in plus parts”whistling

|

5/19/2019 2:02 PM

They're getting better but I don't agree with the Chinese Japanese comparison. The Japanese copied other ideas yes but they developed and improved on those ideas through competition and they had their own identity. The Chinese just seem to want to make carbon copies . These GPX bikes do at least look off road worthy though.

|

5/19/2019 2:07 PM

If the Chinese paid me to own it I wouldn’t take it. I’ve never seen anything of any quality come out of that 3rd world shithole

|

5/19/2019 2:08 PM

KennyT wrote:

If the Chinese paid me to own it I wouldn’t take it. I’ve never seen anything of any quality come out of that 3rd world ...more

“3rd world shithole”

You’re aware it’s not 1965 anymore right?

|

5/19/2019 2:09 PM

The review of the air filter cage is enough for me.. I actually enjoyed the review haha. And the comments in the video are great.

|

5/19/2019 2:10 PM

newmann wrote:

What is the price?

downard254 wrote:

You for the buy in, or for the end of year “buy in plus parts”whistling

I see the overly complex four stroke priced in at 3699.00. Leads me to believe that KTM could easily produce a non linkage air cooled 125-200cc 2 stroke entry level machine for $3999.00. And...sell a bunch of them.

|

5/19/2019 2:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2019 2:16 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

They're getting better but I don't agree with the Chinese Japanese comparison. The Japanese copied other ideas yes but they ...more

The Japanese copied US and Euro bikes, just like they did with cars, for decades before they began to surpass them. And it was the exact same strategy to supply same thing at half the cost. Where do you think China got the playbook from?

You won't see me shed a tear for Chinese stealing Japanese tech. I might shed a couple for KTM, but that's it.

|

5/19/2019 2:16 PM

What a shitbox! Why would a company release a bike with an air filter cage that doesn't seat right. Nice QC GPX.

|

5/19/2019 2:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2019 2:19 PM

KennyT wrote:

If the Chinese paid me to own it I wouldn’t take it. I’ve never seen anything of any quality come out of that 3rd world ...more

iPhones and every laptop are made in China. So are Nike shoes

|

5/19/2019 2:21 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

They're getting better but I don't agree with the Chinese Japanese comparison. The Japanese copied other ideas yes but they ...more

kage173 wrote:

The Japanese copied US and Euro bikes, just like they did with cars, for decades before they began to surpass them. And it was ...more

Well I was specifically talking dirt bikes more specifically MX bikes and in that area they began to surpass the Euro brands in less than a decade.
There were no American dirt bikes I can think of for comparison.
To be fair these Chinese bikes are not meant to be competition models.

|

5/19/2019 2:27 PM

They look like fake Husqvarnas with fake fmf exhausts. I hope ktm and fmf can sue them for intellectual property theft but I doubt anything can be done.

|

5/19/2019 2:52 PM

No way in hell would I trust a chineese dirt bike i

|

5/19/2019 3:05 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

kage173 wrote:

The Japanese copied US and Euro bikes, just like they did with cars, for decades before they began to surpass them. And it was ...more

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Well I was specifically talking dirt bikes more specifically MX bikes and in that area they began to surpass the Euro brands ...more

And that is one of HDs big faults. Imo.
There are no American Dirt Bikes,
Harley needs to get their heads out if their ass and start doing what others have done to them for, fuck, 100 years,

Copy the Honda 450f, change the angle of the cylinder head by 1 degree.
Paint that fucker all black, put an American flag on the tank and start selling them for God's sake.

|

5/19/2019 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2019 3:12 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

kage173 wrote:

What Euro/American bike did the Japanese copy?

From the very first 1956 Honda 50 they were ahead of the engineering curve on their bikes:

|

5/19/2019 3:13 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

kage173 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

From the very first 1956 Honda 50 they were ahead of the engineering curve on ...more

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rikuo_Motorcycle

|

5/19/2019 3:16 PM

kage173 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

From the very first 1956 Honda 50 they were ahead of the engineering curve on ...more

You do know the difference between licensing and copying right?

|

5/19/2019 3:16 PM

The Tariiff will smash them, and rightfully so.

|