Looks like Reed to Loretta's after all?

Hi Side
6/15/2022 9:43am
I know earlier Reed said he would only go as far as his kids did in the Loretta's meat grinder. Unfortunately, none of the kids qualified out of their regional. Looking at the Southeast Vet Regional at Lake Sugar Tree entry list the #22 is on there in 25+ and 40+. I hope he does indeed race, should be interesting between him and Mike Brown.
|
6/15/2022 9:45am
Hi Side wrote:
I know earlier Reed said he would only go as far as his kids did in the Loretta's meat grinder. Unfortunately, none of the kids qualified...
I know earlier Reed said he would only go as far as his kids did in the Loretta's meat grinder. Unfortunately, none of the kids qualified out of their regional. Looking at the Southeast Vet Regional at Lake Sugar Tree entry list the #22 is on there in 25+ and 40+. I hope he does indeed race, should be interesting between him and Mike Brown.
Would be really cool to see. Plus if his kids advanced one day in the future it’s really beneficial to see how the race is ran.
mattyhamz2
6/15/2022 9:48am
Probably just getting gate drops prepping for World SX. He said in one of their last videos that Loretta’s is basically overhyped and wasn’t nearly as important as people make it out to be.
mx 219
6/15/2022 9:53am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Probably just getting gate drops prepping for World SX. He said in one of their last videos that Loretta’s is basically overhyped and wasn’t nearly as...
Probably just getting gate drops prepping for World SX. He said in one of their last videos that Loretta’s is basically overhyped and wasn’t nearly as important as people make it out to be.
maybe, but the Reed kids seem like they have a long ways to go to get to where dad was. Making it to Loretta's would be a start.
ElliotB16
6/15/2022 10:03am
Could have registered for regional after racing the qualifier. Doesn’t mean he will be there

The Shop

Hi Side
6/15/2022 10:05am
ElliotB16 wrote:
Could have registered for regional after racing the qualifier. Doesn’t mean he will be there
Absolutely true, I suppose we'll see come the weekend.
ti473
6/15/2022 11:33am
Look, I have no problems at all with ex pros going to Loretta's, but doing the whole 1 plate picture thing for a regional win, especially for someone of his caliber. Come on... It's like crying after a heat win.
johnk408
6/15/2022 12:11pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
ti473 wrote:
Look, I have no problems at all with ex pros going to Loretta's, but doing the whole 1 plate picture thing for a regional win, especially...
Look, I have no problems at all with ex pros going to Loretta's, but doing the whole 1 plate picture thing for a regional win, especially for someone of his caliber. Come on... It's like crying after a heat win.
Laughing
mattyhamz2
6/15/2022 12:39pm
Still don’t quite understand ex pros racing an AMATEUR National, but hey it is what it is.
Piston Slap
6/15/2022 12:39pm
ti473 wrote:
Look, I have no problems at all with ex pros going to Loretta's, but doing the whole 1 plate picture thing for a regional win, especially...
He prolly has one more heat win than you.

I'll cut him some slack....
Zycki11
6/15/2022 12:59pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Still don’t quite understand ex pros racing an AMATEUR National, but hey it is what it is.
Because its a really cool event that you can enjoy with your family. I would do it in a heart beat if I was one of those guys after some time off. I do think they shouldn't be allowed to race until +35 or something
6/15/2022 1:24pm
He prolly has one more heat win than you.

I'll cut him some slack....
Ahhh the classic response. I bet I can do my job better as well.
MXVet261
6/15/2022 1:26pm
If Reeds go I wonder if they will get "lucky" and "win" an RV hookup in the hookup lottery. LOL
motomike137
6/15/2022 1:30pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Probably just getting gate drops prepping for World SX. He said in one of their last videos that Loretta’s is basically overhyped and wasn’t nearly as...
That sounds like Chad being a contrarian after his kids didn't qualify.
wicksy85
6/15/2022 1:36pm
Bringing the Hype back haha
6/15/2022 2:39pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Key word.....ex. Not Pro anymore. Ex Pros having fun maybe, just like the first time they rode a dirt bike, riding by the rule book.
Yuban156
6/15/2022 3:02pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Key word.....ex. Not Pro anymore. Ex Pros having fun maybe, just like the first time they rode a dirt bike, riding by the rule book.
Lol. If you listen to “Ex Pro mike alessi” whiskey throttle show he fully plans on going PRO again if he can get support next year. Does an ex pro have fun at Loretta’s and then go pro right after? I don’t care personally but let’s not pretend these guys aren’t pro. I fully support them ALL racing if they want. Why can’t a top 5 guy take a year off at this point and go to Loretta’s, hell dungey could have warmed up at Loretta’s last year and then turned top 5 rides this year. 😂
mxracer666
6/15/2022 3:10pm
OGM!! Another Reed / Alessi showdown?!?! I'm getting my popcorn ready and I'll be on the edge of my seat! ;-)
6/15/2022 3:41pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Let’s see if he go’s how many views his vlog gets then we’ll know if it’s overhyped.

Pit Row

Falcon
6/15/2022 4:22pm
Where else are these guys going to race? You can't stay at the national level forever, and some guys still want to compete. It only makes sense that they'd contend at the next-highest level they can. At least they aren't dropping down to "B" class.
6/15/2022 8:24pm
Hi Side wrote:
I know earlier Reed said he would only go as far as his kids did in the Loretta's meat grinder. Unfortunately, none of the kids qualified...
Reed did say in one of his latest YT vlogs that its time to get into shape again so maybe he is racing Loretta's.
I personally would like to see it.

Matt
Nighttrain
6/15/2022 8:35pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Was that after his kids did not qualify for LL’s? There are much better “gate drops” for Reed’s preparation in the World SX than an amateur MX track groomed for 50’s.
mattyhamz2
6/15/2022 8:45pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Nighttrain wrote:
Was that after his kids did not qualify for LL’s? There are much better “gate drops” for Reed’s preparation in the World SX than an amateur...
Was that after his kids did not qualify for LL’s? There are much better “gate drops” for Reed’s preparation in the World SX than an amateur MX track groomed for 50’s.
I can’t remember for sure, but I think it was in their newest video. I watched a bunch of their videos the other night so I can’t remember exactly which one.
mattyhamz2
6/15/2022 8:51pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
In my opinion, since it’s called an AMATEUR National it should be open to anyone that never raced at the National Professional level.

Now with that said, I’m totally fine with those guys racing it if we completely remove the AMATEUR part from the name or if they only allow them to ride something like the Open Pro Sport class or maybe even make a class specifically for them like a 25+ Ex Pro class where you are required to be retired from racing professionally for so long, IE 5 years or something like that. They could easily remove one of the other 500 ridiculous duplicate classes that don’t need to be there.
6/16/2022 5:29am
Ahhh the classic response. I bet I can do my job better as well.
I'm sure a lot of of people can do your job, whatever that maybe. Not many people can race a dirtbike for a living their entire life. Your bitterness and jealousy of Alessi is plainly obvious.
murph783
6/16/2022 8:44am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
ti473 wrote:
God i love vital some days Grinning
chasetwo79
6/16/2022 8:58am
Every year we have old pros going to LL and every year vital gripes about it. I promise you vital, Chad didn’t take your spot in 40 plus. Alessi didn’t take your spot in pro sport or 25 plus.
6/16/2022 1:47pm
I'm sure a lot of of people can do your job, whatever that maybe. Not many people can race a dirtbike for a living their entire...
I'm sure a lot of of people can do your job, whatever that maybe. Not many people can race a dirtbike for a living their entire life. Your bitterness and jealousy of Alessi is plainly obvious.
Couldn’t be any less jealous. Thank you for your assumption though, it is plainly obvious that you are upset with my previous reply.
GrapeApe
6/16/2022 1:53pm
chasetwo79 wrote:
Every year we have old pros going to LL and every year vital gripes about it. I promise you vital, Chad didn’t take your spot in...
Every year we have old pros going to LL and every year vital gripes about it. I promise you vital, Chad didn’t take your spot in 40 plus. Alessi didn’t take your spot in pro sport or 25 plus.
Griping about the vet classes will die out once the fathers of sandbagging C classers show up to gripe about sandbagging in the C class
6/17/2022 12:28am
It wouldn’t bother me, I’d love to line up on the gate with Reedy..

Post a reply to: Looks like Reed to Loretta's after all?

The Latest

The Latest