Looks like ELI's the Guy

MOTOXMO
Edited Date/Time 8/13/2013 2:45pm
Who's gonna have to take it to Ryan Villopoto next year, he's the only one who seems to have the Fitness, speed and raw aggression to maybe put some pressure on RV in 2014. Poto has gotten it the Heads of everyone in the 450 class and he know it, even Justin Barcia who I thought was really going to be a force, just seems like he's got nothing. Might take a Year, but I sure would like to see Eli actually run RV's pace for a full moto.
|
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
8/10/2013 9:33pm
They need a super final just like the feeder series in europland, top 450 v top 250 guys, it would be interesting to see where Eli would end up at the finish
dboivin
8/10/2013 9:41pm
unless Eli figures out how to holeshot like RV does, gonna be tough.
Pool-eh
Fantasy
2875th
8/11/2013 4:22am
Well first off he needs to START like rv not holeshot(sorry it's a personal pet peeve). Second he's a bigger kid on that 250. You're right to say his starts have been terrible this year compared to where he should be. However, put him on a bike with enough power and you'll probably see a big change with starts. But with his speed and aggression I wouldn't be shocked to see him grab at least a few Motos or overalls next year. 2015 is his time to shine. Just like Barcia's is next year.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
8/11/2013 4:28am
His starts were fucking atrocious in the 4 450 rounds he did in SX. The extra power didn't help at all

The Shop

Feldspar
8/11/2013 5:36am
I was at Unadilla yesterday and I agree that Tomac is the only one that can challenge RV over the next couple years. I was hoping Dungey would but he doesn't have the speed or aggression to match him. Tomac was unstoppable. He even made a couple mistakes but closed right back up in no time.

RV on the other hand seemed to make no mistakes at all. He is line selection looked perfect to me. In the second moto he was going way outside of that roller section where he went double, double, double. Dungey kept going in the middle where all the bumps where and was clearly slower.
jleews6
8/11/2013 5:59am
When Eli gets on a 450 he will have something for RV. Give him time to get his starts down and he will be starting up front with RV and we will get to watch some of the best racing ever in MX. His starts were nothing great when he was on a 450 last year but he didnt have much time on it.
bents
Fantasy
710th
8/11/2013 6:39am
So he is going to breeze past Dungey, and Stewart, and Grant, Bracia, Canard, et al on his way to challenging RV, just like that? I'm sure the rest of the guys in the 450 class will have something to say about that. He will no doubt be a force in the class but I don't think he just cuts the line to the front to play with RV just yet.
Insider347
8/11/2013 7:09am
bents wrote:
So he is going to breeze past Dungey, and Stewart, and Grant, Bracia, Canard, et al on his way to challenging RV, just like that? I'm...
So he is going to breeze past Dungey, and Stewart, and Grant, Bracia, Canard, et al on his way to challenging RV, just like that? I'm sure the rest of the guys in the 450 class will have something to say about that. He will no doubt be a force in the class but I don't think he just cuts the line to the front to play with RV just yet.
I agree. It's a transition that takes a little time. I would love to see him battle with RV right away but lets be real. Maybe he can do it but probably will be a little ways off. He's an animal but damn, I have never seen anyone but RC tame a 450 like RV. Hell, RV doesn't even seem to tame it. He just attacks everything and is so stupid fast it's unreal. Although I could see RC uping his game or at least working his ass off to challenge RV. I know some of the guys are scratching their heads now but I don't see any of them getting to RV speed. I hope I'm wrong, just a vitard.
MOTOXMO
8/11/2013 9:40am
RV has to be one of the most entertaining riders I've ever watched, it's like Controlled Mayhem. I'm on the edge of my seat sometimes watching him attack the track, thinking he's going to wad it up and somehow he manages to keep it on two wheels most of the time, absolutely fearless. He really is the closest thing to Ricky Carmichael outdoors we've seen, since he retired. Would have love to see those two Animals battled when in their Primes, would have been an unbelievable race. I think about Kevin Windham and Ryan Dungey, both are incredible riders and would have won a ton of Championships, BUT!! Windham had RC and Dungey has RV to contend with and were always no matter what they did, a second here and a second there off their pace, which by the end of the moto would be 20 or 30 seconds or more, depending whether or not RC or RV decided to have mercy and coast the last 2 laps and not embarrass the competition more than they already had.
IWreckALot
8/11/2013 11:40am
Feldspar wrote:
I was at Unadilla yesterday and I agree that Tomac is the only one that can challenge RV over the next couple years. I was hoping...
I was at Unadilla yesterday and I agree that Tomac is the only one that can challenge RV over the next couple years. I was hoping Dungey would but he doesn't have the speed or aggression to match him. Tomac was unstoppable. He even made a couple mistakes but closed right back up in no time.

RV on the other hand seemed to make no mistakes at all. He is line selection looked perfect to me. In the second moto he was going way outside of that roller section where he went double, double, double. Dungey kept going in the middle where all the bumps where and was clearly slower.
Eli is still in his developmental stages of his career. He's learning at an astronomical speed and has improved significantly since his first season. I expect he's going to make fewer and fewer mistakes as time goes on.

It's definitely interesting to watch their line choices. You can see a huge difference in speed and time it takes to get around the track.
WeiserGuy
8/11/2013 12:19pm
Heard Tomac is the REAL reason why RV isn't going to Des Nations. Guess he doesn't wanna give ET the early mental edge when he beats him down on a 250f!
DrSweden
8/11/2013 2:39pm
Didn't Eli post faster times than RV over the weekend all the time? Right now, Eli is so tune with that 250 I feel he would be able to give RV a ride for sure. Switching to the 450 pig, will probably slow him down for a year...
mx5471
8/11/2013 3:19pm
There are many good points that have been brought up here. As for Eli, if he ran a 450 next week, I think he would leave Dungey in his dust, even on the 250. He, and Barcia have the best chance to beat RV. They are the only ones that have the aggression factor. Dungey just can't do it. Stewart is older,and can't last long enough to win anymore championships. Keep in mind, RV may only have a couple more good years before he starts slowing down. As in any sport, the younger generation coming up is getting stronger, as the vets are getting weaker. I think what we'll see will be simply the natural evolution of the championship. I do think Dungey will fall victim to these younger aggressive guys first. As their experience builds, they will blow by him like RV does. I see Barcia or Tomac as the coming champions. What I really would like to see is competitive races, with a few guys banging bars for 1st place, instead of one guy so far ahead, no one can catch him.
bd
8/11/2013 3:35pm
Eli will be ready to rock. I also expect Trey Canard to pick up speed and strength.....

His season has been killer under his circumstances.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/11/2013 4:22pm
Pool-eh wrote:
Well first off he needs to START like rv not holeshot(sorry it's a personal pet peeve). Second he's a bigger kid on that 250. You're right...
Well first off he needs to START like rv not holeshot(sorry it's a personal pet peeve). Second he's a bigger kid on that 250. You're right to say his starts have been terrible this year compared to where he should be. However, put him on a bike with enough power and you'll probably see a big change with starts. But with his speed and aggression I wouldn't be shocked to see him grab at least a few Motos or overalls next year. 2015 is his time to shine. Just like Barcia's is next year.
Pool-eh,

Right there with you on the start being called the holeshot. It's my biggest pet peeve in MX!
bents
Fantasy
710th
8/11/2013 6:14pm
Before Dungey retires, he will have shut everyone up that continues to diss the guy and his abilities. He will leave as one of the best ever.
Hut
8/11/2013 6:21pm
I look for Barcia to be a powerhouse in SX and next summer outdoors as well.
stewie94
8/11/2013 6:30pm
eli & roczen will give the boyz some trouble come next season
PastranaWho
8/11/2013 6:45pm
wishfull thinking, its the RV show and it will be for a few more years, get with it vitards.
stewie94
8/11/2013 6:51pm
wishfull thinking, its the RV show and it will be for a few more years, get with it vitards.
yeah right lol
PastranaWho
8/11/2013 6:58pm
stewie94 wrote:
yeah right lol
who do you see challenging him? Eli? how did he do when he rode the 450? Its the ryan show for now , with villo on top. Injuries is the only thing that can stop him from winning another championship.
MOTOXMO
8/11/2013 7:03pm
Not really sure why that's hard to believe. Right now, Villopoto is the fastest and it's by a considerable margin, Dungey and Stewart aren't going to find 20 to 30 seconds a moto to run with RV and Barcia isn't really all that impressive outdoors so far. I think Roczen might surprise a few when he moves up, but Tomac really looks to be the only guy who might have the speed and fitness to run with Villopoto.
stewie94
8/11/2013 7:04pm
stewie94 wrote:
yeah right lol
who do you see challenging him? Eli? how did he do when he rode the 450? Its the ryan show for now , with villo on...
who do you see challenging him? Eli? how did he do when he rode the 450? Its the ryan show for now , with villo on top. Injuries is the only thing that can stop him from winning another championship.
dungey , MILLSAPS who shocked the world , roczen showed the speed @ daytona ( just got to work on his fitness ) , canard , barcia , eli , stewart who beat villopoto STRAIGHT THE FUCK UP @ ATL sx ( championship wise he needs a lil bit good luck )
hell even reed & yea stuff happens in racing but if millsaps didnt had that testing crash mid season he actually would be your 2014 defending sx champ imo
stewie94
8/11/2013 7:09pm
stewie94 wrote:
yeah right lol
who do you see challenging him? Eli? how did he do when he rode the 450? Its the ryan show for now , with villo on...
simple....... dungey , roczen , tomac , reed , canard , millsaps , stewart , barcia
stewie94
8/11/2013 7:12pm
stewie94 wrote:
simple....... dungey , roczen , tomac , reed , canard , millsaps , stewart , barcia
the hell is going on with my CPU?????
PastranaWho
8/11/2013 7:16pm
stewie94 wrote:
yeah right lol
stewie94 wrote:
Har, looks real good on paper.In sx that group can steal a win or 2 but in MX its a wrap.
MOTOXMO
8/11/2013 7:16pm
RV's won 3 Supercross titles and 2 MX titles since 2011, it's called Domination. Stewart wins 1 supercross race in Atlanta and one MX overall in 2013 and you try and make it sound as if he's Ryan Villopoto's equal.
stewie94
8/11/2013 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2013 7:24pm
MOTOXMO wrote:
RV's won 3 Supercross titles and 2 MX titles since 2011, it's called Domination. Stewart wins 1 supercross race in Atlanta and one MX overall in...
RV's won 3 Supercross titles and 2 MX titles since 2011, it's called Domination. Stewart wins 1 supercross race in Atlanta and one MX overall in 2013 and you try and make it sound as if he's Ryan Villopoto's equal.
ok , not saying you , but for the ppl that say dungey only won championship by everybody getting hurt........ you can say that about villopoto in 2012 when reed was on his ass , reed got hurt , dungey out of everybody was the closest in points before he got hurt ( i think it was 13 or 10 points down ) stewart , didnt have a good year overall
stewie94
8/11/2013 7:24pm
stewie94 wrote:
Har, looks real good on paper.In sx that group can steal a win or 2 but in MX its a wrap.
read my first post to this quote if its seeable , my computer is acting up
RealityZ
8/11/2013 7:31pm
I remember saying this on Saturday, though I don't think it will come next year. Definetely not in SX, whereas I think Barcia is a notch ahead of him. Outdoors 2014/15 could be a real showdown, because I dont see the aggresion from Dungey AT ALL! And by then Barcia will surely be up to speed in both series. Definitely good years ahead.

He reminds me of a Pourcel/RV..impressive

Post a reply to: Looks like ELI's the Guy

The Latest