Looking to get some new boots that stay more cool

CR92
Edited Date/Time 5/1/2021 10:49am
Just as the title says, I'm wanting some of your opinions on which boots vent the best and let your feet stay cool.

I'm currently using tcx comp Evo 2's and have no complaints about them, except that my feet end overheating in them at any temperature above like 70°F. The thing that sucks is I'm a person that if my feet stay cool, my body stays cool, if my feet get hot, I will completely overheat.

With summer approaching, I don't want this to become my limiting factor.

I'm currently looking at getting some gaerne's, but would love some input.
(Sidenote: how do you pronounce gaerne properly? The most common I've heard is "garn-yay" is that right?)
|
Spooner
5/1/2021 5:49am
Id go for the Astars Tech 10 'supervented'

TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
5/1/2021 7:41am
I recently bought some sidi atojo and have been very satisfied. The fit is much more Gaerne-like than other sidis. They’re lightweight, run cooler than tech tens and bto has them under $500.

And pronouncing Gaerne in Italian is like “geh-ern-ah” but most Americans call em garnier like the shampoo.
CR92
5/1/2021 8:14am
Spooner wrote:
Id go for the Astars Tech 10 'supervented' [img]https://cdn-0.motocrossactionmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/56-scaled.jpg[/img]

I saw those and have them on my radar. My only fear with them, is there seems to be a lot of people who are having the current tech 10's wear out abnormally fast.
Then again, I'm not fast, so they'll probably last a while 😂. Just don't want to spend that much on a pair of boots, just to wear through them in a month.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
5/1/2021 8:24am
I recently bought some sidi atojo and have been very satisfied. The fit is much more Gaerne-like than other sidis. They’re lightweight, run cooler than tech...
I recently bought some sidi atojo and have been very satisfied. The fit is much more Gaerne-like than other sidis. They’re lightweight, run cooler than tech tens and bto has them under $500.

And pronouncing Gaerne in Italian is like “geh-ern-ah” but most Americans call em garnier like the shampoo.
Had a friend who wasn’t that smart. He called em Jermaines. So from then on thats what I call em too.

The Shop

5/1/2021 10:30am
Sachmo831 wrote:
A buddy of mine calls them gay ernies
Everyone i know also calls them gay ernies 😂

Supervented 10s are the only boot available with decent ventilation
Motofinne
5/1/2021 10:36am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2021 10:37am
Spooner wrote:
Id go for the Astars Tech 10 'supervented' [img]https://cdn-0.motocrossactionmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/56-scaled.jpg[/img]

These actually work. I have the all white version and the ventilation is like nothing i have ever experienced before with a MX boot. I actually got cold feet whilst riding one day riding when it was windy and only around +3 degrees celsius!
skeef
Fantasy
1407th
5/1/2021 10:44am
Something about air on my toes doesn't seem right.
5/1/2021 10:47am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2021 10:49am
Your feet is hot because your core is hot. Cool your core down. What kinda jersey and chesty are you wearing. Do they vent well?

Also what kinda moto socks you wearing ? I find the Fox knee brace socks are thin, and wick up moisture better than the rest. I’m in tech 10s with the booty.

My feet are always hot. Even in tennis shoes. So I get what you’re saying. Might need to change your socks halfway through the day and take your boots off between rides. If I wear vented jerseys with highly ventilated chest protector my feet don’t burn up.

Reading through these Tech 10 Super vented seem clutch. How do they perform in the mud and rain though ?

Post a reply to: Looking to get some new boots that stay more cool

The Latest