Looking for some gear recommendations

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2018 6:53 AM

Looking for some recommendations for gear that pairs well with a KTM. I've been using Fox for probably the last 10+ years, but I'm struggling picking any of their gear color options that would look good on a KTM.

What's everyone wearing with their KTMs? Any photos to back it up?

I'm leaning towards darker color sets since they seem to go best with orange, and considering switching to the new Troy Lee stuff, but open to other brands...

|

1/9/2018 7:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2018 7:24 AM

Go take a look at FXR

Edit: I can't remember which member on here it is but he said the FXR gear he purchased was like the Fox Flexair stuff but not as expensive and really well made. Maybe he'll chime in.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/9/2018 7:19 AM

I've had really good luck with the Fly stuff. I ran two sets of the Kinetic Mesh stuff last summer and its still in good shape. Running two sets of their Evolution line this winter, I really like it the BOA feature is neat, very well constructed and the fit is just right.

|

1/9/2018 10:44 AM

Alias. Paid somewhere around $180 for jersey, pants, gloves, and jersey personalization. And the quality is very good. Soft, comfortable jerseys and very durable. Have worn the same set for a full year and havent had a hole or anything. Great company.

|

IG: @_porch32
2014 Kawasaki KX450

1/9/2018 10:58 AM

Photo

|

1/9/2018 11:00 AM

Thor and tld has some cool designs for ktm

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/9/2018 2:03 PM

rob27ma wrote:

Looking for some recommendations for gear that pairs well with a KTM. I've been using Fox for probably the last 10+ years, but I'm struggling picking any of their gear color options that would look good on a KTM.

I'm leaning towards darker color sets since they seem to go best with orange, and considering switching to the new Troy Lee stuff, but open to other brands...

Yea I always pefer fox to but this year they only have one or two gear sets i kind of like but thor's spring 2018 gear I think it is sick looking you should go check it out Photo

|

1/9/2018 2:16 PM

Check out the Thor Primefit, it’s super comfortable and reasonably priced. Good stuff for me so far.

|

Go Hawks!

1/9/2018 2:17 PM

Alpinestars. This is my second year with them and i love it. The cheaper Racer line is great bang for the buck. The Techstar line is a bit more expensive but better in warm conditions.

These are the two sets i have at the moment(both the cheaper Racer line). I will probably get one set of the Techstar gear that Tickle run at A1.

Photo

Photo

|

1/9/2018 2:32 PM

I’ll would strongly suggest listening to Keefers 2018 gear podcast.

|

1/9/2018 2:39 PM

I have to say that Thor killed it with the spring line.

I already have a deal with an Astars dealer for 2018 but man, the cat gear, the 50 year anniversary gear and the space/nebula gear looks freaking awesome.

|

1/9/2018 2:39 PM

I just rode with my new Shift black label for the first time and really liked it.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

1/9/2018 2:43 PM

mx510 wrote:

Check out the Thor Primefit, it’s super comfortable and reasonably priced. Good stuff for me so far.

Do they run small cause I like the look of this jersey and was thinking about getting it

|

1/9/2018 2:44 PM

Motofinne wrote:

Alpinestars. This is my second year with them and i love it. The cheaper Racer line is great bang for the buck. The Techstar line is a bit more expensive but better in warm conditions.

These are the two sets i have at the moment(both the cheaper Racer line). I will probably get one set of the Techstar gear that Tickle run at A1.

Photo

Photo

Alpinestars buckles come undone when you auger yourself into the dirt. Try to keep up.

|

1/9/2018 2:44 PM

mx510 wrote:

Do they run small cause I like the look of this jersey and was thinking about getting it Photo

|

1/9/2018 2:48 PM

RandyS wrote:

Alpinestars buckles come undone when you auger yourself into the dirt. Try to keep up.

Well, it's the same generic buckle that you'll find on the majority of the pants out there.

|

1/9/2018 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2018 2:58 PM

mx510 wrote:

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

Do they run small cause I like the look of this jersey and was thinking about getting it Photo

That set looks really good. I have the orange/gray Prime Fit 2017(my profile pic on Vital) and the jersey is tight. I normally runt L but i had to get an XL. The pants run true to size.

|

1/9/2018 2:53 PM

mx510 wrote:

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

No, I run the same size pants and jersey in prime fit as I did in Fox 360. Just a slightly slimmer cut.

|

Go Hawks!

1/9/2018 2:55 PM

Fasthouse

|

1/9/2018 3:00 PM

Motofinne wrote:

That set looks really good. I have the orange/gray Prime Fit 2017(my profile pic on Vital) and the jersey is tight. I normally runt L but i had to get an XL. The pants run true to size.

Thanks I think I'm going to get a large then I freaking love the look of it there whole spring line looks amazing to me

|

1/9/2018 3:02 PM

rob27ma wrote:

Hi,

Have a look at this:
www.kwracewear.com

To confirm quality you need to talk with those that already use the gear, as I would obviously tell you its great smile
But if you also looking for picking up right color to match KTM - You're in right place.

Enjoy

|

The Only Right Choice Of Champions.
@kwracewear

1/9/2018 6:37 PM

Motofinne wrote:

Photo

Photo

RandyS wrote:

Randy got em.....I literally started scrolling for the first A-star buckle reference........can't believe so many serious answers slid by first.

|

1/9/2018 6:44 PM

My friend lives and breathes KTM, he wears AlpineStars gear

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/9/2018 6:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2018 7:03 PM

Black out looks good on any bike. Most brands have a nice blackout kit. Fly, Thor come to mind.

IMHO Alpine Stars gear should all be burned its so damn ugly.

|

2013 CRF450R Factory Connection revalve, All stock.

1/9/2018 8:40 PM

They say a picture speaks a thousand words, so I'm just going to leave these here:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

..stay with fox? Assuming orange gear is what you're after?

|

1/9/2018 8:49 PM

Alpinestars. It's kind of expensive, but you get what you pay for. Very high quality and by far the best looking.

|

1/9/2018 10:09 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Go take a look at FXR

Edit: I can't remember which member on here it is but he said the FXR gear he purchased was like the Fox Flexair stuff but not as expensive and really well made. Maybe he'll chime in.

Not sure if I was the poster or not, but I did recently switch from Fox to FXR and could not be happier. It lasts a LOT longer and is more durable. Very high quality gear. FXR fits just like Fox gear does. I'm a convert. Lots of good deals on FXR gear too.

FXR KTM color scheme gear

|

1/9/2018 10:35 PM

bestmx wrote:

They say a picture speaks a thousand words, so I'm just going to leave these here:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

..stay with fox? Assuming orange gear is what you're after?

Maybe @35 I'm just that "old guy" that isn't "hip" anymore.......but those are terrible Fox. I got a couple different brand downstairs but Fox has always been my guilty pleasure. I knew I was paying for styling for years when other stuff would suffice, and I was fin with it cause Fox was badass. But wtf.....dude the top one looks like my 6 year old nephews kindergarten water color project.

|

1/10/2018 4:10 AM

jrrundle wrote:

I’ll would strongly suggest listening to Keefers 2018 gear podcast.

Good call, I'll check it out.

|

1/10/2018 4:11 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

Thor and tld has some cool designs for ktm

Agreed. I've never used either before, but the new Thor stuff is looking really good.

|