Looking for a new VET class bike

BR8ES
8/10/2018 2:10pm
450s aren't hard to ride, but racing is a different story. I don't think too many vet/Sen C riders need one, let's be honest, 4 laps at Chicken Licks Raceway isnt that much and quite a few are on the verge of cardiac arrest. So many more would be better off with a 250 or 350, but buy what you want, only live once.
Johnny Depp
8/10/2018 6:22pm
BR8ES wrote:
450s aren't hard to ride, but racing is a different story. I don't think too many vet/Sen C riders need one, let's be honest, 4 laps...
450s aren't hard to ride, but racing is a different story. I don't think too many vet/Sen C riders need one, let's be honest, 4 laps at Chicken Licks Raceway isnt that much and quite a few are on the verge of cardiac arrest. So many more would be better off with a 250 or 350, but buy what you want, only live once.
The 480 is the most gentle giant you'll ever throw a leg over. Torque for days, (Alta like Smile )

Smaller is easier is conventional wisdom, but you have to ride your ass off to make them work.

This thread is for Vets, which usually means fat wallets, bucket lists, needing the easiest way to spend a day on the track and still carry good speed.

Each of us will naturally recommend our favorites, ultimately it's the OP's wallet speaking.
BR8ES
8/11/2018 10:42am
I get what you are saying Johnny, I would look at 450s and such for the less maintenance and more durability aspect more than anything else. Glad we have choices.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Looking for a new VET class bike

The Latest