Looking for a good dealership IN NC/SC/TN/GA area to purchase a new bike.

Hi Side
Edited Date/Time 12/3/2020 7:08am
I've been out of the game for several years now but I'm back. I'm looking for a good dealership that has somewhat of a focus on MX. I don't even know if such a dealership exists because we're such a small segment. I'm in the western part of NC (Asheville area) but I don't mind doing some driving to do business with a good dealer. Bike color doesn't matter to me as much as good dealer support.

If any of you guys have a good recommendation for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
|
Bolt-On
Fantasy
1219th
11/18/2020 1:48am
Carolina KTM in Mooresville and Fun Cycles in Valdese are two really great KTM dealers. They’re more so involved on the off-road side but both do have a lot of focus on the dirt bike side of things.

Carolina KTM only sells KTM, and they actually do a lot of business, so other than KTM’s street models they’re strictly dirt bikes. Fun Cycles sells KTM, Suzuki and Polaris but definitely have a big focus on the dirt bike side of things.

Both shops owners are great guys and long time off-road racers and both are pretty darn fast! Carolina KTM also usually hosts an annual ride day at a cool private facility that was once the JGR test track.
jonboy688
11/18/2020 5:47am
brewers in henderson nc is a good option also, i have bought two ktms from them

carolina ktm doesnt charge a doc fee so helps with price also
cwolf96
11/18/2020 5:50am
Check out 10 Cycles in Matthews, NC; they're KTM & Husky. It's owned by Justin Brayton.
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
11/18/2020 6:21am
I agree on Brewers Cycles, they are in Henderson and is a great place to deal with! They help a ton of riders and have an excellent sales and service dept! Also Ron Ayers in Greenville NC has a great staff to deal with as well and supports the sport as well!! Can't go wrong with either!!

Good luck!

The Shop

bh
11/18/2020 6:32am
MS powersports in Gastonia NC
JGriff
11/18/2020 6:37am
Hi Side, I just moved from Middle TN to the Lake Norman area in January, then COVID hit. So I've had limited interaction and no big transactions, but I can attest to the fact that 10 Cycles is a great, welcoming group of guys. I popped in and chatted with Bob about moto/bikes/life and got to the see Brayton's Daytona trophy. Coming from Asheville, you can miss *some* of the Charlotte traffic on the 485 but it's SE Charlotte.

Palmer Motorsports in Denver has Husqvarna and Gas Gas. Todd's son races GNCC and seems to have a good assortment of bikes.

(I know you have a ton of bicycle shops in AVL, but Jason Hooper's shop in Hickory, Carolina Pedal Works, was recommended to me...Hooper runs the Kenda Full Gas Sprint Enduro series. Need to visit for some bicycle needs but I love to support the moto/off-road family.)

I drive past Carolina KTM on a regular basis, so I'm going to have to stop in there as well. Anything Bolt On recommends, I'm in on!

Welcome to NC and I'll be following this thread as a recent transplant as well. Cheers!
AngryBear
11/18/2020 6:58am
howdy hi side, i'm in asheville as well. don't even try to go to our local shop (MR Motorcycle), it's 3miles from my house and I'll drive by it to get something. harper cycle in Hendersonville (30mins south) is a super small very old school shop, but they normally have quite a few mx bikes on the floor. they mostly sell dirt bikes and jetskis, very few quads/utility/etc. its a family owned business. husqvarna and Yamaha. for any other brand, we've gone out of state...
Shaggin589
11/19/2020 9:27am
I don’t know how far of a hike it is but Midstate Motorsports in Cookeville,TN is legit. All the guys ride off-road and Mx. Andy is the parts guy and he’s also a factory off-road mechanic and he can order and ship almost anything. Good dudes for sure. I believe they are Gas Gas, Husky and Kawasaki.
mx317
11/19/2020 10:18am
Suzuki Yamaha of Dalton Ga is a great shop for off road and motocross guys.
jpatz319
Fantasy
1145th
11/19/2020 11:29am
Sports Cycles in Rockingham will give you the best deal on a Kaw or Yamaha.
Howlan
12/3/2020 5:57am
Twin County in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. Really great prices and Richard is the man there, they sell Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris, Can-Am. Heard they might pick up KTM in future, maybe...
Rupert X
12/3/2020 6:04am
Was just in the Asheville area for a downhill mtb race at Kanuga. Beautiful region of the country, the breweries tooooo !!!

Hi Side
12/3/2020 6:21am
Rupert X, it is indeed beautiful here. Personally, I hate the atmosphere and what Asheville has become though. I live 20 miles west of Asheville and I have gotten to where I avoid it all costs.
user760a
12/3/2020 7:08am
Hi Side wrote:
Rupert X, it is indeed beautiful here. Personally, I hate the atmosphere and what Asheville has become though. I live 20 miles west of Asheville and...
Rupert X, it is indeed beautiful here. Personally, I hate the atmosphere and what Asheville has become though. I live 20 miles west of Asheville and I have gotten to where I avoid it all costs.
I live about an hour east of Asheville. Still go there all the time when out on my streetbike. It is a cool place with all types of stuff going on...just dont let the anti-american drum circle douchbag crowd define the whole area for ya. Those fleabags are just a vocal minority.

Post a reply to: Looking for a good dealership IN NC/SC/TN/GA area to purchase a new bike.

The Latest