Looking for Mechanic for Amateur Rider

Edited Date/Time 6/25/2012 8:55am
Maksis Vilcins, an up and coming rider is looking for a full time mechanic. The position is based at South of the Border MX in Hamer SC. Anyone interested should e-mail resume's to:

ken@newenglandtimberworks.com.
|
drmarkr
6/23/2012 9:52pm
Full time mechanic for an "amateur" rider....now that's funny, I don't care who ya are.....
yanks_178
6/23/2012 11:22pm
That's a tough job.. you are going to have stock and mod race bikes, multiple bike sizes, practice bikes... alot of maintaining to do! I struggle keeping up with the 3 bikes we ride at our house!
bobby397
6/24/2012 3:22am
drmarkr wrote:
Full time mechanic for an "amateur" rider....now that's funny, I don't care who ya are.....
How so?
JustMX
6/24/2012 3:33am
Most important question......Do they provide a pit bike?

The Shop

MtnBoy
6/24/2012 6:39am
drmarkr wrote:
x2
Jakes Dad
6/24/2012 7:44am
drmarkr wrote:
MtnBoy wrote:
x2
Have you guys ever been to a training facility, you know the place they ride almost everyday. Compare that to the riding that you do (if any).

Us never been but have several friends who do live at those places. They get rid of practice bikes every 6 months cause they are worn out.

That is the average "amateur rider" nowadays. Not a weekend warrior.
bobby397
6/24/2012 7:48am
drmarkr wrote:
MtnBoy wrote:
x2
Jakes Dad wrote:
Have you guys ever been to a training facility, you know the place they ride almost everyday. Compare that to the riding that you do (if...
Have you guys ever been to a training facility, you know the place they ride almost everyday. Compare that to the riding that you do (if any).

Us never been but have several friends who do live at those places. They get rid of practice bikes every 6 months cause they are worn out.

That is the average "amateur rider" nowadays. Not a weekend warrior.
x2
iro
6/24/2012 8:00am
If you live at a training facility full time as an amatuer, I would assume your only responsibility is training / riding. I find it hard to believe you can't find time to work on your own bikes... IF you make it to the big leagues, how in the hell do expect to exain to your mechanic / technicians what the bike is doing and what you want to make it better?
dak446
6/24/2012 11:11am
iro wrote:
If you live at a training facility full time as an amatuer, I would assume your only responsibility is training / riding. I find it hard...
If you live at a training facility full time as an amatuer, I would assume your only responsibility is training / riding. I find it hard to believe you can't find time to work on your own bikes... IF you make it to the big leagues, how in the hell do expect to exain to your mechanic / technicians what the bike is doing and what you want to make it better?
This has been an issue of debate for a long time. I tend to agree with you. It's just laziness and/or excess of money on the parents' part. If they would teach the kid how to work on his own bike, it would be much better for the kid in the long run.
Jakes Dad
6/24/2012 11:19am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2012 11:45am
Funny you should mention that, this morning after rebuilding 2 supermini motors, I set them in the frame's of the 2 bikes. My 14 year old takes it from there, as he has for the last 2 years. When he says they're ready to fire up I'll double check everything before they're started. Heading out to the garage to do just that right now.Smile
JustMX
6/24/2012 11:31am
You guys have missed it.

Sandlot moto racing is dead......
Switch
6/24/2012 12:54pm
Jakes Dad wrote:
Funny you should mention that, this morning after rebuilding 2 supermini motors, I set them in the frame's of the 2 bikes. My 14 year old...
Funny you should mention that, this morning after rebuilding 2 supermini motors, I set them in the frame's of the 2 bikes. My 14 year old takes it from there, as he has for the last 2 years. When he says they're ready to fire up I'll double check everything before they're started. Heading out to the garage to do just that right now.Smile
Good for you, very cool. I'm sure he will appreciate it one of these days when it's all up to him.
kongols
6/24/2012 12:58pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
Maksis Vilcins, an up and coming rider is looking for a full time mechanic. The position is based at South of the Border MX in Hamer...
Maksis Vilcins, an up and coming rider is looking for a full time mechanic. The position is based at South of the Border MX in Hamer SC. Anyone interested should e-mail resume's to:

Is he latvian or with latvian background? Name and especially surname is latvian.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
6/24/2012 1:21pm
am·a·teur   [am-uh-choor, -cher, -ter, am-uh-tur] noun
1. a person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather than for financial benefit or professional reasons. Compare professional.
2. an athlete who has never competed for payment or for a monetary prize.
3. a person inexperienced or unskilled in a particular activity: Hunting lions is not for amateurs.
4. a person who admires something; devotee; fan: an amateur of the cinema.

The English language is lost on the promoters of this sport.
dak446
6/24/2012 1:33pm
Tiki wrote:
am·a·teur   [am-uh-choor, -cher, -ter, am-uh-tur] noun 1. a person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather than for financial benefit or...
am·a·teur   [am-uh-choor, -cher, -ter, am-uh-tur] noun
1. a person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather than for financial benefit or professional reasons. Compare professional.
2. an athlete who has never competed for payment or for a monetary prize.
3. a person inexperienced or unskilled in a particular activity: Hunting lions is not for amateurs.
4. a person who admires something; devotee; fan: an amateur of the cinema.

The English language is lost on the promoters of this sport.
Easy there, Tiki. Don't go pulling out the dictionary on us. Logic and/or reason are not welcome here.
mx5471
6/24/2012 2:05pm
You have to take this want ad for an am's mechanic in the proper perspective.Only a fool would do it. They're looking for a bike janitor. I understand the bikes don't last. Heck, we raced a 30 race series every year and they were shot half way thru, but we couldn't afford 2 every year. These guys are killing them. The kid is at a training facility, which first of all means no schooling, and no parental supervision. All they have are some skills and ability, and maybe, the desire to be the next RC. Now you, the mechanic, while keeping all the bikes in shape, will be expected to morph into babysitter, parent, friend, bodyguard, nurse, disciplinarian, therapist, dietician, race planner and coordinator, bail bondsman, media consultant, and sponsor rep. Keeping in mind, that if anything happens in those areas ,it will immediately be blamed on you anyway. As for racing, he's only as good as his last race. And if he didn't do good, it will be totally your fault. If I was a glutton for punishment, I'd take the job under some NFL terms. Like a non refundable signing bonus paid up front equal to they year's pay settled on. Either way,the mechanic loses. If the kid don't win, it's your fault and you're done. And if he's win's, he'll get better sponsors and mechanics. As some one said earlier. I just think the kid is too lazy to wash his own bikes and work on them a little.
newmann
6/24/2012 2:43pm
Who knows, the kid may already have a cook, dietician, attorney, agent, tutor, rig driver and man friends already on the payroll and all they need now is a mechanic. Could be a dream job with huge pay and benefits. I mean, the ad was just for a mechanic right??
Big
6/24/2012 2:49pm
Some young guns becoming good mechanics and some being good at throttletwist'n. The better mechanich you becoming the worse rider. If you spending all time wrenching in a garage instead just train, rest and sometimes a little shool today. Your chances to be the next Barcia is totally gone. Do you think Canard, Barcia, Roz, etc is capable to do much more then adjust a little things? Im pretty sure they can't change a tire. But when it comes to cornering and jumping etc. They trained that to perfection instead of spending hours in a garage. There is also mechanics who train to be the cream d'la cream in their profession. And they lapping fast riders in the garage instead. Question? Have you been seeing any college footballplayer taking care of the field? Cutting grass, fix the lines, washing the clothes etc lately? Hell no! Those dumbasses has to follow a captain entering the field like sheeps. If not they would probably get lost? Wink
Big
6/24/2012 2:56pm
And one more thing. The guy is giving someone a proper job maybe doing something he like? And belive me. A citizen with a proper job in Usa today is becoming rare. You need everyone to pay the zillions Usa have in debt you know?
dak446
6/24/2012 4:03pm
Thanks for your observations, from Sweden. We're supposed to "believe you" that a proper job is becoming rare in the USA? LOL
rpoint116
6/24/2012 4:43pm
Jakes Dad wrote:
Funny you should mention that, this morning after rebuilding 2 supermini motors, I set them in the frame's of the 2 bikes. My 14 year old...
Switch wrote:
Good for you, very cool. I'm sure he will appreciate it one of these days when it's all up to him.
X100
rpoint116
6/24/2012 4:45pm
Big wrote:
Some young guns becoming good mechanics and some being good at throttletwist'n. The better mechanich you becoming the worse rider. If you spending all time wrenching...
Some young guns becoming good mechanics and some being good at throttletwist'n. The better mechanich you becoming the worse rider. If you spending all time wrenching in a garage instead just train, rest and sometimes a little shool today. Your chances to be the next Barcia is totally gone. Do you think Canard, Barcia, Roz, etc is capable to do much more then adjust a little things? Im pretty sure they can't change a tire. But when it comes to cornering and jumping etc. They trained that to perfection instead of spending hours in a garage. There is also mechanics who train to be the cream d'la cream in their profession. And they lapping fast riders in the garage instead. Question? Have you been seeing any college footballplayer taking care of the field? Cutting grass, fix the lines, washing the clothes etc lately? Hell no! Those dumbasses has to follow a captain entering the field like sheeps. If not they would probably get lost? Wink
I sincerly hope you are kidding, fishing, or just a moron.
steve_97060
6/24/2012 4:52pm
Big wrote:
Some young guns becoming good mechanics and some being good at throttletwist'n. The better mechanich you becoming the worse rider. If you spending all time wrenching...
rpoint116 wrote:
I sincerly hope you are kidding, fishing, or just a moron.
judging by this post and others from him, I'm going to go with moron..
mx5471
6/24/2012 5:27pm
Wow. Didn't know I would bring that on by my comment. There's no dream job with huge pay wrenching for some kid trying to make it. They're just trying to save money using you. But I doubt that the job would be legitimate, according to the IRS. Would the employer take taxes, such as federal and state taxes, medicare, and social security, (and match it, according to USA law) , out of the mechanics pay? So, Big. It's called under the table. I'm sure you have words for it in Sweden. Listen Big, you can say anything you want about anything here. Don't know what you can do there. But you said something about my country. You stepped over the line, talking about the United States of America. We have a free country, protected by the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution of the United States of America. FOUGHT, and paid for. I'm pissed. I'm done with this.
CRFracer117
Fantasy
3835th
6/24/2012 5:36pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
Maksis Vilcins, an up and coming rider is looking for a full time mechanic. The position is based at South of the Border MX in Hamer...

Here are my request;

Gas Card, open company credit card, cover my bills while on the road, travel expenses, insurance, 401K, and dental.

Also a starting salary of 50K with a 10% cut of all winnings and signing bonuses, plus a gear and bike deal would be nice.

I can clean air filters and change plugs, little suspension knowledge, I currently do all of my own maintenance, TRUST ME I'm a self proclaimed professional at this.

Have your people contact my people PM/email sent.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
6/24/2012 7:03pm
newmann wrote:
Who knows, the kid may already have a cook, dietician, attorney, agent, tutor, rig driver and man friends already on the payroll and all they need...
Who knows, the kid may already have a cook, dietician, attorney, agent, tutor, rig driver and man friends already on the payroll and all they need now is a mechanic. Could be a dream job with huge pay and benefits. I mean, the ad was just for a mechanic right??
Newman made a funny. Dream Job with huge pay and benefits.
newmann
6/24/2012 7:13pm
newmann wrote:
Who knows, the kid may already have a cook, dietician, attorney, agent, tutor, rig driver and man friends already on the payroll and all they need...
Tiki wrote:
Newman made a funny. Dream Job with huge pay and benefits.
A man can dream, can't he?Smile

Besides, check out the website from the email addy. Dad's building timber framed houses starting at $250.00 per sqare foot plus site work. Anyone stepping up for that kind of build surely isn't going to go in at the bottom of the build sheet now are they? Pinch
JustMX
6/24/2012 7:52pm
mx5471 wrote:
Wow. Didn't know I would bring that on by my comment. There's no dream job with huge pay wrenching for some kid trying to make it...
Wow. Didn't know I would bring that on by my comment. There's no dream job with huge pay wrenching for some kid trying to make it. They're just trying to save money using you. But I doubt that the job would be legitimate, according to the IRS. Would the employer take taxes, such as federal and state taxes, medicare, and social security, (and match it, according to USA law) , out of the mechanics pay? So, Big. It's called under the table. I'm sure you have words for it in Sweden. Listen Big, you can say anything you want about anything here. Don't know what you can do there. But you said something about my country. You stepped over the line, talking about the United States of America. We have a free country, protected by the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution of the United States of America. FOUGHT, and paid for. I'm pissed. I'm done with this.
geez
ProMoto
6/24/2012 7:57pm
mx5471 wrote:
Wow. Didn't know I would bring that on by my comment. There's no dream job with huge pay wrenching for some kid trying to make it...
Once again. Ashamed to live in the US. Thanks dude.
mxbum
6/24/2012 8:35pm
drmarkr wrote:
Add to that, full time mechanic for a C class rider...
bruce

Post a reply to: Looking for Mechanic for Amateur Rider

The Latest