Looking for Las Vegas Riders

Wildeye511
9/21/2018 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2018 7:46am
Hey everyone, I was hoping to maybe get in contact with some other local Vegas guys that like to ride moto. Not really into riding desert, prefer riding on a track. I hate having to go alone and plus its always nice to be able to bench race over a few cold ones. I am a vet rider, not that fast, but just love the sport. I was planning on hitting Mesquite mx this Sunday. I am off on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and every other Wednesday. I am also up for traveling to California to hit Comp edge during the week. If anyone is interested send me a PM...

Hope this didnt sound too much like a dating profile LOL
|
bvm111
9/21/2018 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 9/21/2018 8:49pm
This is my first weekend off in quite some time, I’ll be at mesquite Sunday and usually park by the table top right in front after you enter the pits. I’ll be in a Toyota Tundra with a 16 KX450 with yellow plates and running 124!

I usually go out by myself and that’s not the best thing to do, but what do you do when the wife doesn’t want to go. Looking to hit comp edge too, I have this Thursday Friday off so was planning to head down to Cali If anything is open!

I’m on the southwest side of town... hualapai and Russel!
Wildeye511
9/21/2018 9:08pm
bvm111 wrote:
This is my first weekend off in quite some time, I’ll be at mesquite Sunday and usually park by the table top right in front after...
This is my first weekend off in quite some time, I’ll be at mesquite Sunday and usually park by the table top right in front after you enter the pits. I’ll be in a Toyota Tundra with a 16 KX450 with yellow plates and running 124!

I usually go out by myself and that’s not the best thing to do, but what do you do when the wife doesn’t want to go. Looking to hit comp edge too, I have this Thursday Friday off so was planning to head down to Cali If anything is open!

I’m on the southwest side of town... hualapai and Russel!
Sent you a text
Villo2fan
9/22/2018 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2018 1:16pm
Wildeye511 wrote:
Hey everyone, I was hoping to maybe get in contact with some other local Vegas guys that like to ride moto. Not really into riding desert...
Hey everyone, I was hoping to maybe get in contact with some other local Vegas guys that like to ride moto. Not really into riding desert, prefer riding on a track. I hate having to go alone and plus its always nice to be able to bench race over a few cold ones. I am a vet rider, not that fast, but just love the sport. I was planning on hitting Mesquite mx this Sunday. I am off on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and every other Wednesday. I am also up for traveling to California to hit Comp edge during the week. If anyone is interested send me a PM...

I’m in the same boat man. I just bought a 2016 ktm450 and my son a crf 110 and we are looking to start hitting the track now that the weather is starting to turn. We came from Washington state where there are tracks everywhere.. Vegas.. quite frankly... sucks ass for moto.

Anyone heard any good things about the new track that opened up towards Az? Western raceway I believe it’s Called?
Ebs
9/22/2018 1:30pm
What's the off-road/trail riding stuff like out there? Is there anything more than flat desert nearby? I have a job opportunity out there but have never been.

The Shop

bvm111
9/22/2018 2:52pm
There is desert and trail riding area a few miles north of Vegas towards Salt Lake City on the I15 called Apex where you can just park and ride, I know I lot of people go there but not my scene. you can also go out towards Boulder City that’s a big lake bed, or south on I15 towards LA I’m sure there are plenty of trails out there as well.
Wildeye511
9/22/2018 6:54pm
Wildeye511 wrote:
Hey everyone, I was hoping to maybe get in contact with some other local Vegas guys that like to ride moto. Not really into riding desert...

Villo2fan wrote:
I’m in the same boat man. I just bought a 2016 ktm450 and my son a crf 110 and we are looking to start hitting the...
I’m in the same boat man. I just bought a 2016 ktm450 and my son a crf 110 and we are looking to start hitting the track now that the weather is starting to turn. We came from Washington state where there are tracks everywhere.. Vegas.. quite frankly... sucks ass for moto.

Anyone heard any good things about the new track that opened up towards Az? Western raceway I believe it’s Called?
Western is ok, but they are still new to running a track and I hope in time will get better. I am from Washington and there are definitely more tracks to ride there. When I got stationed here in 2006 I thought there would be more places to ride. Comp Edge isnt too far of a haul, so I like to go there too. If you want send me a pm and we can see about riding sometime in the near future.
bvm111
9/24/2018 4:19pm
Wildeye511 wrote:

Villo2fan wrote:
I’m in the same boat man. I just bought a 2016 ktm450 and my son a crf 110 and we are looking to start hitting the...

For me Westernhas a Long Long way to go before I go out there again. They have a very mild Vet track, intermediate track, and a Expert track as well as a dedicated pee wee track. It has great potential, but they don’t have a way to rip the track to get moisture into the desert gravel and sand base. The jump faces are not designed well for my liking and tend to boot you up and not out, and at this point in my life I’m not looking for max air time but a well thought out track that has flow and is fun to ride. unfortunately, I don’t think Western is there yet... but I hope they keep at it and improve it and I will be willing to go there again!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
9/24/2018 4:32pm
Wildeye511 wrote:

Villo2fan wrote:

bvm111 wrote:
For me Westernhas a Long Long way to go before I go out there again. They have a very mild Vet track, intermediate track, and a...
For me Westernhas a Long Long way to go before I go out there again. They have a very mild Vet track, intermediate track, and a Expert track as well as a dedicated pee wee track. It has great potential, but they don’t have a way to rip the track to get moisture into the desert gravel and sand base. The jump faces are not designed well for my liking and tend to boot you up and not out, and at this point in my life I’m not looking for max air time but a well thought out track that has flow and is fun to ride. unfortunately, I don’t think Western is there yet... but I hope they keep at it and improve it and I will be willing to go there again!
Where is Western located?

When I lived in Vegas for a few months in 09 we went to Mesquite a few times, Sandy Valley once and Boulder once. Shame those aren't still around. Boulder was cool, but dry as could be! Sandy Valley was fun for night practice. The step up was a lot of fun until I almost went over the bars there...
TallonT911
9/24/2018 5:09pm
There’s sand tracks all over Boulder City by the water treatment plant and power plant, and a lot of good trails by the dump.
Jean dry lake bed has a few sand tracks, the sands not as soft and powdery as boulder. There’s also a lot of really fun single track trails hidden out there.
Logandales about 45-hour out of Vegas and has natural terrain jumps people have built up, sand tracks, turn tracks and more trails. There’s a reservoir/pond that keeps the dirt wet and there’s a few turn tracks by it.
There’s no Moto tracks within an hour but there’s plenty to ride it just won’t be groomed. Mesquite is a pretty good track, Comp LACR and Glen Helen are close enough for a long day trip.
rongi#401
9/24/2018 5:37pm
I didn't realize mesquite was driving distance from CA, yo Matt maybe we can mob out there sometime, haven't ridden a new to me track in well, years
bvm111
9/24/2018 8:25pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Where is Western located? When I lived in Vegas for a few months in 09 we went to Mesquite a few times, Sandy Valley once and...

When I lived in Vegas for a few months in 09 we went to Mesquite a few times, Sandy Valley once and Boulder once. Shame those aren't still around. Boulder was cool, but dry as could be! Sandy Valley was fun for night practice. The step up was a lot of fun until I almost went over the bars there...
Western opened last year and It is on the way out to Kingman AZ on the 93 after you go passed the dam it is about 20-25 miles on the left hand side of the highway. Sandy valley has been closed for a couple years and the Boulder City track is long gone too. Mesquite can be very good if they prep within reason, it's been so damn hot they have been dumping a lot of water to keep moister in it and then it's pretty muddy for about an hour.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
9/25/2018 7:52am
rongi#401 wrote:
I didn't realize mesquite was driving distance from CA, yo Matt maybe we can mob out there sometime, haven't ridden a new to me track in...
I didn't realize mesquite was driving distance from CA, yo Matt maybe we can mob out there sometime, haven't ridden a new to me track in well, years
Mesquite is pretty fun. They have a step up that's a really fun floater. I'd be down to go back there. It's been 9, almost 10 years since I've been there.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
9/25/2018 7:55am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Where is Western located? When I lived in Vegas for a few months in 09 we went to Mesquite a few times, Sandy Valley once and...

bvm111 wrote:
Western opened last year and It is on the way out to Kingman AZ on the 93 after you go passed the dam it is about...
Western opened last year and It is on the way out to Kingman AZ on the 93 after you go passed the dam it is about 20-25 miles on the left hand side of the highway. Sandy valley has been closed for a couple years and the Boulder City track is long gone too. Mesquite can be very good if they prep within reason, it's been so damn hot they have been dumping a lot of water to keep moister in it and then it's pretty muddy for about an hour.
That's cool to hear! You guys need more tracks out that way. Otherwise you guys have to drive out this way or down to AZ. Is Jason still running Mesquite? We worked the Thanksgiving race with him in 2009. My dad ran the starting gate and I did the board. He was a nice guy.
motomojo
9/25/2018 10:36am
I have the track you all want to ride but i cannot get any support whatsoever.
Tried it for a couple years and just gave up too much work and money for one old dude to keep up with.
With Western now open i haven't a chance as i'm at least another hour south on 93.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
9/25/2018 10:56am
motomojo wrote:
I have the track you all want to ride but i cannot get any support whatsoever. Tried it for a couple years and just gave up...
Tried it for a couple years and just gave up too much work and money for one old dude to keep up with.
With Western now open i haven't a chance as i'm at least another hour south on 93.

I wish I could get out that way to ride your place. It looks unreal. I have some family and friends in Havasu that have been waiting for cooler weather. Please let me know where you are open so I can send them your way.
bvm111
9/25/2018 11:02am
motomojo wrote:
I have the track you all want to ride but i cannot get any support whatsoever. Tried it for a couple years and just gave up...

Joe,

would love to come out and ride and help with maintenance of the track in anyway I can. I was going to drive to Canyon this Friday but doesn't look like the wife is wanting to drive that far and I would happily drive Past Western to ride your track in a heart beat!

Jimmaroy
9/25/2018 8:54pm
I’ve lived in Vegas my whole life and raced moto heavily from 03-13, after getting married and having a son and life has evolved my racing has died down, but I do ride frequently at all these spots mentioned. I do really want to link up with motomojo and try his place out. I’m getting a new bike in 2 days, I’ll be out and about and I hear you when you say you’d rather not ride alone. I have weekends off and I ride 90% tracks an 10% trails. Let’s go!
Jimmaroy
9/25/2018 8:56pm
motomojo wrote:

I’d be willing to help you out a few times a month with whatever I can! I have a plus one who would help you out also, he was a pro rider did SX and nationals and also Canadian nationals. I’m not that skilled on the bike but my love for this sport is huge.
scarface
9/26/2018 3:36am
We definitely need more options. I figure someone with some cash could open an indoor track and kill it. Build it and they will come as they say right?
SWMX
9/26/2018 7:45am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2018 7:46am
moving back to Henderson at the end of october from AZ, IMO Western is the best bang for your buck as it’s only about an hour out, decent layout, multiple tracks. but yeah BC sand tracks are killer after the rain although i haven’t been there since before the highway was built. Jean is great, there is just not much for moto out in southern NV. RIP SVMX BCMX
Shakybonez15
Fantasy
624th
5/10/2023 6:49am

Reviving this thread from the past.

Moving out to Centennial Vegas (NW vegas, off of the 95) in about two weeks. I have one buddy out there who moto's.. Hopefully we can link up with some locals and do some free-riding or hit mesquite.

Post a reply to: Looking for Las Vegas Riders

The Latest