Looking for KTM with showa A-kit (used) (slightly used) or new but free

Related:
Create New Tag

10/19/2013 10:31 AM

Anyone know where I can find one?

|

10/19/2013 11:46 AM

If they have two can I have one as well? Free Bike Woooo. I will Free Ride with it.

|

10/19/2013 11:47 AM

Are you retarded. Do you have any idea how much an A kit costs? Nobody is going to hand you a new or slightly used piece of equipment that costs over 200K new.

|

10/19/2013 12:10 PM

If you were a former pro racer everyone would be cool with you wanting something like that for free. laughing

|

10/19/2013 4:54 PM

newmann wrote:

If you were a former pro racer everyone would be cool with you wanting something like that for free. laughing

Nothing is free even a free lunch costs something.

|

10/19/2013 5:10 PM

fatneck03 wrote:

Are you retarded. Do you have any idea how much an A kit costs? Nobody is going to hand you a new or slightly used piece of ...more

Showa A kit forks are 200k?

|

10/19/2013 5:28 PM

fatneck03 wrote:

Are you retarded. Do you have any idea how much an A kit costs? Nobody is going to hand you a new or slightly used piece of ...more

I think you are the one that doesn't have an idea how much an A-kit costs.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/19/2013 5:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2013 5:29 PM

fatneck03 wrote:

Are you retarded. Do you have any idea how much an A kit costs? Nobody is going to hand you a new or slightly used piece of ...more

mx317 wrote:

I think you are the one that doesn't have an idea how much an A-kit costs.

maybe he put in an extra 0? or is that not accurate either?

|

10/19/2013 5:32 PM

An A kit is what factory riders are running. Over 200K. Please prove me wrong. The guy who does my suspension was on the factory circuit for years. He's the one who told me 200K plus.

|

10/19/2013 5:39 PM

fatneck03 wrote:

An A kit is what factory riders are running. Over 200K. Please prove me wrong. The guy who does my suspension was on the ...more

http://www.ktm-parts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SHOWA&Category_Code=PPSUS50&Store_Code=K&gclid=CKKf1OWVpLoCFWho7Aod4xsACQ#.UmMloxCs02Y
|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/19/2013 5:42 PM

$6500 plus the oversized triple clamps.

|

10/19/2013 5:47 PM

I've seen a few used sets sell for around $3000. That was 6 or 7 years ago.

|

10/19/2013 6:06 PM

slipdog wrote:

$6500 plus the oversized triple clamps.

brand new correct?

i cannot picture a set of A kit forks costing 200k brand new and then selling used for

|

10/19/2013 6:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2013 6:14 PM

slipdog wrote:

$6500 plus the oversized triple clamps.

mynewcr250 wrote:

brand new correct?

i cannot picture a set of A kit forks costing 200k brand new and then selling used for

Click the link above. He's confused with factory works suspension that you can't buy and A-kit suspension that you can buy for $6500 plus the clamps. Slipdog has it right.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/19/2013 6:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2013 6:15 PM

slipdog wrote:

$6500 plus the oversized triple clamps.

mynewcr250 wrote:

brand new correct?

i cannot picture a set of A kit forks costing 200k brand new and then selling used for

Mx317's link says $6750, but last I checked(few years back) cost could not exceed $6500 to be legal to run in the lights(250) class.

(edit:What he said^^^^)

|

10/19/2013 6:38 PM

I meant $6750 plus clamps. They changed the cost on the 250 SX class suspension I copied this from the rule book:

Fork and shock assemblies must be complete and
functioning assemblies, in addition to the controlled parts.
Retail prices of approved forks and shocks may not exceed
the following cost, exclusive of all taxes:
1.
Both fork legs (less triple clamps): $5,175.00
2.
Shock assembly: $2,000.00

It looks like $7175 total plus clamps as the limit.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/19/2013 6:41 PM

A factory bike is not worth 200k lol.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Scottish. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Scotsman!

10/19/2013 7:12 PM

My buddy was a mechanic for team Suzuki when Ricky Carmichael was riding an RM250 2 stroke & he told me many times the Carmichael's RM250 cost right around $100,000. He said the forks alone were worth 25k so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if James Stewarts bike cost around $200,000 because it is 10yrs later.

|

10/20/2013 8:46 AM

Just curious where you came up with the title for your thread... Also as worded, it seems you are looking for an entire bike. Happy hunting.

|

10/20/2013 8:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2013 8:51 AM

Digger29 wrote:

My buddy was a mechanic for team Suzuki when Ricky Carmichael was riding an RM250 2 stroke & he told me many times the ...more

I believe the confusion is comparing the A-Kit forks to a actual works bike fork, they can as different as the A-Kit to stock units. -Kits suspension is real good but something on a works bike is better IMHO.

|

10/20/2013 9:29 AM

Call Pro Circuit and talk to Mitch. Don't let him fuck you around, tell him you're from Vital and want the free A-kit hookup.

|

10/20/2013 9:35 AM

Works suspension was around $25k in 2005 or so, at least it was according to my manager when I worked for Showa. No way it is anywhere near $200k now.

|

10/20/2013 9:50 AM

This is all very embarrassing.

|

17 KTM 450 SXF - AMAZING!

10/20/2013 4:27 PM

nytsmaC wrote:

Call Pro Circuit and talk to Mitch. Don't let him fuck you around, tell him you're from Vital and want the free A-kit hookup.

hahahaha... I laughed!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


10/20/2013 5:14 PM

slipdog wrote:

$6500 plus the oversized triple clamps.

^^^^This man is correct my RM in sig is as full blown PC as you can get Akit suspension was near 8000 Aussie with the clamps. I spent a total of 13,000 Aussie on PC not inculding the bike.

|

10/20/2013 5:22 PM

slipdog wrote:

$6500 plus the oversized triple clamps.

snowy816 wrote:

^^^^This man is correct my RM in sig is as full blown PC as you can get Akit suspension was near 8000 Aussie with the clamps. ...more

How good was the suspension tho? That's the important bit!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


10/20/2013 6:01 PM

slipdog wrote:

$6500 plus the oversized triple clamps.

snowy816 wrote:

^^^^This man is correct my RM in sig is as full blown PC as you can get Akit suspension was near 8000 Aussie with the clamps. ...more

Crush wrote:

How good was the suspension tho? That's the important bit!

Yeah very nice indeed, plus the power of that thing was insane 114oct fuel. Problem but allot need to remember I did it becasue I could afford to. You have to be a fast rider to get the most out of the suspension. I am a B rider my Pro mates loved the bike but they rode that thing hard...

Jay Foreman did my other RM engine and suspension and is all I needed it was nice to on pump fuel.

|