Looking For A Few Fearless Fingers...

2/9/2013 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2015 6:19am
A while back I started a project to build my son a toy Supercross track. My idea was to make modular pieces so that he would not be stuck with the same track layout for all eternity. I posted pictures of the final track here on Vital MX and received a landslide of positive feedback. I desperately wanted to offer up these pieces for sale to those who were interested but did not have a setup to produce them in quantity. So I spent the last year getting things in line and I am to a point where I could really use your help.

My project will be going live on Kickstarter this Thursday, February 14th, 2013. For those unfamiliar with Kickstarter, it is a place where you can submit your creative ideas and people can make pledges ($) to your cause through Amazon payments. In return the creator offers exclusive and cool rewards to thank their backers.

I have many exclusive things to offer including stickers, T-shirts, full jump sets and sponsorship packages. This first run set of jumps will include 12 pieces and enable you to create many different layouts. If you pledge for more than one set, they can work together to create an endless selection of cool track layouts. I could really use your help in spreading the word to the community and if possible, your pledge. Please watch for this project to go live on Kickstarter.com this Thursday, February 14th, 2013 and share it with anyone you think might be interested. Thanks!

DIZ_No_Rebase

Below are a few pictures of what to expect from the project and in the near future after it funds:

I have hundreds more... you get the idea! Please share and let's get this thing going!!
|
2/9/2013 5:19pm
I love feedback so please post a reply and let me know what you think!?
Choppy
2/9/2013 5:26pm
Think that's a cool idea.
mt798
2/9/2013 5:27pm
What, no boats?

The Shop

2/9/2013 5:29pm
mt798 wrote:
What, no boats?
Haha... I couldn't find any in 1:32 scale. Send me a link if you find one.
2/9/2013 5:33pm
If i would have had one of those when I was a kid I would have never left my house. Unfortunately, My kid is too old now, or I would buy me, er I mean him one.
ocscottie
2/9/2013 5:37pm
Hey Diz, i remember when you first showed this! Dude you need to get on the show "Shark Tank" w/ this, get some big $$ investors with all the connections to big toy companies Cool
2/9/2013 5:59pm
ocscottie wrote:
Hey Diz, i remember when you first showed this! Dude you need to get on the show "Shark Tank" w/ this, get some big $$ investors...
Hey Diz, i remember when you first showed this! Dude you need to get on the show "Shark Tank" w/ this, get some big $$ investors with all the connections to big toy companies Cool
ocscottie... Yes I remember you. Thanks for all the positive feedback. I actually have a submission into Shark Tank and have a friend that was on it but his filming never aired. It was for a completely different product. I also have a friend that was on Invention USA and I have submissions in for that show. My friends partnered with BBR to make a first run of their scooters. (The Lamberd Scooter.) My intent is to show some sales numbers first and that requires me to be able to manufacture pieces. It has been a long haul but I feel this is the right direction. I know you have strong ties to the sport, the industry and the community here on Vital, so any good word of mouth would be greatly appreciated. Thanks man!
jeffro503
2/9/2013 6:02pm
Diz......great ideas you have for sure....and I agree with Scottie.

Also......if you are the same Diz-no-rebase that made MCM2 tracks........thanks! If I remember correctly you made some bad ass tracks back in the day! I'm sure Scottie probably kicked my ass on a few of them as well! WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
2/9/2013 6:06pm
Wait, I thought this was going to be about cheap hookers. Guess I'll be leaving this thread now.

Nice toy though man, good luck with it!
2/9/2013 6:10pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Diz......great ideas you have for sure....and I agree with Scottie. Also......if you are the same Diz-no-rebase that made MCM2 tracks........thanks! If I remember correctly you made...

Also......if you are the same Diz-no-rebase that made MCM2 tracks........thanks! If I remember correctly you made some bad ass tracks back in the day! I'm sure Scottie probably kicked my ass on a few of them as well! WoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
That would be me! I am glad you enjoyed my tracks and I would still be creating them if THQ hadn't gone belly up! This is my new venture for now. I am moving from digital to tangible but I am always interested in anything involving motorsports.
2/9/2013 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2013 6:12pm
Wait, I thought this was going to be about cheap hookers. Guess I'll be leaving this thread now. Nice toy though man, good luck with it...
Wait, I thought this was going to be about cheap hookers. Guess I'll be leaving this thread now.

Nice toy though man, good luck with it!
Yah, I couldn't think of a good title for this post and it could be misleading. Apparently it was...
JW381
2/9/2013 6:25pm
Dang, those are really cool. I like the idea a lot! I'm not an investor, nor do I have a kid yet, but these are a must for any young MX fan. The joy of building your own tracks without the mess of moonsand!

I'm not a huge fan of the name, but what do I know?
JW381
2/9/2013 6:27pm
If I saw my kid jump a whole section in one jump, I'd put him in time out.
ga_pike
2/9/2013 6:29pm
Looks great! Good luck.
TerryK
2/9/2013 7:20pm
Very, very cool! Only thing that would make it better would be a matte finish so the "dirt" dosen't look shiny.
2/9/2013 7:23pm
TerryK wrote:
Very, very cool! Only thing that would make it better would be a matte finish so the "dirt" dosen't look shiny.
Agreed. The Kickstarter campaign will explain things further but the first run sets will be formed with colored plastic, which will be far less shiny, more scratch resistant, and thicker than these prototype pieces. The ones in the photos are clear plastic with paint underneath. It was far cheaper to prototype this way.
Feint
2/9/2013 7:36pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Diz......great ideas you have for sure....and I agree with Scottie. Also......if you are the same Diz-no-rebase that made MCM2 tracks........thanks! If I remember correctly you made...

That would be me! I am glad you enjoyed my tracks and I would still be creating them if THQ hadn't gone belly up! This is...
That would be me! I am glad you enjoyed my tracks and I would still be creating them if THQ hadn't gone belly up! This is my new venture for now. I am moving from digital to tangible but I am always interested in anything involving motorsports.
You were making the replica supercross tracks, right? You ended up with a job at Rainbow from that? I think I remember hearing that, but it was quite a while ago and I was a kid so I could be wrong.
2/9/2013 8:03pm
JW381 wrote:
If I saw my kid jump a whole section in one jump, I'd put him in time out.
LOL... I constantly have to show my son the "proper" way to moto. He even crashes on the triples now just to watch me single through while the triple lights are flashing. Yes, we even have working triple lights.
2/9/2013 8:09pm
jeffro503 wrote:

That would be me! I am glad you enjoyed my tracks and I would still be creating them if THQ hadn't gone belly up! This is...
Feint wrote:
You were making the replica supercross tracks, right? You ended up with a job at Rainbow from that? I think I remember hearing that, but it...
You were making the replica supercross tracks, right? You ended up with a job at Rainbow from that? I think I remember hearing that, but it was quite a while ago and I was a kid so I could be wrong.
You are not wrong and that is pretty much the story. I was making user created tracks for Motocross Madness 2 and was then hired by Rainbow Studios. I went on to make levels for ATV Offroad Fury 2, MX Unleashed, MXvsATV Unleashed, MXvsATV Untamed, MXvsATV Reflex, and MXvsATV Alive. Now I am making these track pieces. I love the sport of motorcycle racing and want to be involved one way or another.
Tammy_Prebe
9/30/2015 8:13pm
Hello. These are awesome!!! Wondering if you are still working on these. We would be interested. Please contact me if available. Thank you.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
9/30/2015 9:09pm
I love feedback so please post a reply and let me know what you think!?
I say bullshit when you say you made it for your son. Just like when I buy one I will say its for my son.Blush
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2511th
9/30/2015 11:22pm
mt798 wrote:
What, no boats?
no its a health risk in case a rider flies off the track

so much win!
shanes
10/1/2015 12:13am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2015 12:29am
very impressive , i want one for my daughter of course :-}}

do you have any social media pages to share , i am sure this could get a huge following with the way you have made it and add on track sections etc .

again well done

found you on FB and shared with a load of moto dads
Olson
10/1/2015 1:25am
Since this thread is over two years old. How did it turn out?
hvaughn88
10/1/2015 6:23am
I'm actually interested in how it turned out, too. My son has some that are pretty much the exact same idea, so I'm curious if these are this guys product or something else
Crush
10/1/2015 6:49am
Holy image usage rights batman...
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
10/1/2015 2:26pm
I'm guessing nothing came of this? I couldn't find anything on google but links back to this thread Sad
Charper732
10/1/2015 2:52pm
He probably got sued. This concept was trademarked long before this guy thought of it. I remember having this stuff when I was like 8 years old

Post a reply to: Looking For A Few Fearless Fingers...

The Latest