Look what I picked up today

TJMX947
7/23/2018 8:04am
Who does those Fast House graphics? I love the clean lines, would like to use them on my next set.
oldandslow1
7/23/2018 9:43am
make1go wrote:
huh? unless youre going pro speed, then you can easily make those bikes very ridable.. and what would be the point? making it like a modern...
huh?
unless youre going pro speed, then you can easily make those bikes very ridable..

and what would be the point? making it like a modern bike, youd be miles ahead just buy one..

i dont get your thinking at all..

btw to the op, great pick up, whsts your plans?
(now if you say throw all modern shit on it im gonna lose it..lol)
not sure yet, was at a vintage race and this thing pulls in with a for sale sign. probably wont race it but will play on...
not sure yet, was at a vintage race and this thing pulls in with a for sale sign. probably wont race it but will play on it some.....but then again i might. gotta see what springs are in it before i do anything.
jeffro667 wrote:
It's got some heavy springs, I assembled that bike for a friend, it's sprung for 300lb, unless the last guy changed them.
thanks man
jeffro667
Fantasy
3558th
7/23/2018 12:29pm
not sure yet, was at a vintage race and this thing pulls in with a for sale sign. probably wont race it but will play on...
not sure yet, was at a vintage race and this thing pulls in with a for sale sign. probably wont race it but will play on it some.....but then again i might. gotta see what springs are in it before i do anything.
jeffro667 wrote:
It's got some heavy springs, I assembled that bike for a friend, it's sprung for 300lb, unless the last guy changed them.
thanks man
You're welcome! Btw, I'm NOT the guy that put the jb weld around the drain bolt, it was like that when my buddy got it. Cylinder was replated by millennium, the bike looks like it's barely been ridden since it left my basement.

The Shop

TymeMoto
7/23/2018 2:20pm
Now THIS is a badass bike.

Congrats on your latest addition, OP. The 500 2 stroke is of the most unique bikes of the past 30 years and the last generation KX500 was the best one ever made.
oldandslow1
7/23/2018 2:34pm
make1go wrote:
huh? unless youre going pro speed, then you can easily make those bikes very ridable.. and what would be the point? making it like a modern...
huh?
unless youre going pro speed, then you can easily make those bikes very ridable..

and what would be the point? making it like a modern bike, youd be miles ahead just buy one..

i dont get your thinking at all..

btw to the op, great pick up, whsts your plans?
(now if you say throw all modern shit on it im gonna lose it..lol)
jeffro667 wrote:
Can you please shoot me a text 989-280-5156. I have a couple questions that maybe you can help me with.
Evoracer
7/24/2018 8:52am
smithers57 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/23/276353/s1200_20161223_120315.jpg[/img] B)

Cool
Careful. Those gnarly OG CZ shift levers can bend the shift shaft in a crash.
FWYT
7/24/2018 9:05am
EVERYONE should ride one at some point. Though few should actually race one. Frigging gnarly.

BTW, best solution I came up with for the notorious chain-gouging-subframe issue was to take
a small piece of plastic about 1" high and 3" long and screw it into the out side edge of the swingarm chain slider.
Looked like it would not work but it worked great. Gotta picture around here somewhere.....

Post a reply to: Look what I picked up today

The Latest