Look what I found, Jo Jo Keller!

12/31/2018 8:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2019 7:13am
We were moving around some boxes in the basement recently and I found a box that my mom had packed up from years ago..stuff from when I was a kid and teenager. In there was this autograph from one of my first hero’s as a kid.
I had watched Jo Jo when I was a kid may times in the expert class here in New England. He was my favorite rider by far..his speed and strength on a tracks like Southwick was amazing to me. I got this autograph sticker at a National at Southwick. I don’t know what the year was but I remember him battling with Hannah and Broc Glover and the guys I had seen in Motocross Action magazine!
I walked every inch of that track many times eating only fried dough and coke all day..?
I remember myself and everyone in that large crowd yelling and screaming for our favorite riders, that was such a great race and a great time to watch motocross.
After the race was over I went to the pits, if I remember right they were mostly just vans and box trucks etc, and tried to get a look at my favorite riders..Jo Jo and Hannah were talking and all us kids were asking for autographs and I got this!! For a long time it was on my desk and after a while it was joined by a few motocross trophies of my own.
Watching and reading about those guys made me want to race, so glad I had the opportunity to do it.
I’m sure you guys have some similar stories..
|
BR8ES
12/31/2018 9:48pm
Jojo is a certifiable legend. Plain and simple.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
12/31/2018 10:10pm
This is the first good post on Vital all week. Cool
Rooster
1/1/2019 2:10am
Anything that results in a Jojo revival I am in full favour of! He was one of the greats!
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
1/1/2019 7:13am
Got to hang out with JoJo (plaid shirt) and John Finkeldey a few weeks ago. JoJo is the nicest and most humble guy you will ever meet. Such a legend.

The Shop

1/1/2019 8:01am
Steve125 wrote:
Got to hang out with JoJo (plaid shirt) and John Finkeldey a few weeks ago. JoJo is the nicest and most humble guy you will ever...
Got to hang out with JoJo (plaid shirt) and John Finkeldey a few weeks ago. JoJo is the nicest and most humble guy you will ever meet. Such a legend.
That’s great !, I was working down near Bettencourt Honda a few weeks ago and stopped in, they said he comes by every now and again, I want to get one of those photos from Buckley of Jo Jo doing what they now call a scrub but when I was a kid used to call a table top...probably from what Magoo called it..and get it autographed..I used to stand at the top of that hill at Southwick and was amazed at when he glided by me the bike was sideways and seemed as if hand grip was almost touching the dirt...land full throttle then off on another lap when that was one long and rough ass track..so cool
Ed_Tazmian
5/28/2022 5:20pm
Steve125 wrote:
Got to hang out with JoJo (plaid shirt) and John Finkeldey a few weeks ago. JoJo is the nicest and most humble guy you will ever...
That’s great !, I was working down near Bettencourt Honda a few weeks ago and stopped in, they said he comes by every now and again...
That’s great !, I was working down near Bettencourt Honda a few weeks ago and stopped in, they said he comes by every now and again, I want to get one of those photos from Buckley of Jo Jo doing what they now call a scrub but when I was a kid used to call a table top...probably from what Magoo called it..and get it autographed..I used to stand at the top of that hill at Southwick and was amazed at when he glided by me the bike was sideways and seemed as if hand grip was almost touching the dirt...land full throttle then off on another lap when that was one long and rough ass track..so cool
Did you ever get your autographed photo.If not PM me
M1000
5/28/2022 5:29pm
Amazed how good he rode stock bike vs Factory Riders trick stuff. Plus he was solid dude.

Post a reply to: Look what I found, Jo Jo Keller!

The Latest