Lommel

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
Edited Date/Time 12/15/2015 3:06pm
How rough is that track going to be on GP weekend, right? It looks like they are running every EMX class as well.

http://www.mxgp.com/news/updates-2016-mxgp-calendar

|
philG
12/15/2015 9:41am
It will be proper rough, just have the jumps refaced and the start redone hopefully.
ATKpilot99
12/15/2015 11:00am
I know Lommel has this mystique with the deep sand and all but it's terribly boring to watch the race imo , at least on tv. Maybe it would be better in person.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
12/15/2015 11:02am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I know Lommel has this mystique with the deep sand and all but it's terribly boring to watch the race imo , at least on tv...
I know Lommel has this mystique with the deep sand and all but it's terribly boring to watch the race imo , at least on tv. Maybe it would be better in person.
in person its pretty good, seeing how the riders take different lines and carry speed though the biggest braking bumps you will ever see
12/15/2015 11:11am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I know Lommel has this mystique with the deep sand and all but it's terribly boring to watch the race imo , at least on tv...
Whether it produces good racing is a different story but I could sit and watch coverage of the top riders pounding laps in the sand all day long, even if it is just a follow the leader kind of race. There's just something about the technique involved and the way the top guys just seem to float over all the bumps keeping the front wheel out of all the holes, I find it fascinating! You can really appreciate their skill levels watching them ride a deep sand track than compared to say a hardpack track.

The Shop

ATKpilot99
12/15/2015 11:16am
Yeah. Watching Herlings or Cairoli ride it is cool but most of those guys look like they're just plodding through it .
RG1
12/15/2015 11:42am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Yeah. Watching Herlings or Cairoli ride it is cool but most of those guys look like they're just plodding through it .
I think it's cos on TV you don't get the sense of just how tough it is. From a racing stand point it's certainly not the best race on the calendar, but I would definitely recommend going there if you get the chance, seeing the way those guys handle the deep sand is really something
ATKpilot99
12/15/2015 11:45am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
I think it's cos on TV you don't get the sense of just how tough it is. From a racing stand point it's certainly not the...
I think it's cos on TV you don't get the sense of just how tough it is. From a racing stand point it's certainly not the best race on the calendar, but I would definitely recommend going there if you get the chance, seeing the way those guys handle the deep sand is really something
I'm sure witnessing it there would be . Never been anywhere in Europe but it's on the bucket list.
conwaymx
12/15/2015 3:06pm
Seeing a Pro rip around Lommel...... Its honestly one of the best things to watch up close.

Post a reply to: Lommel

The Latest