Locals/Parky Stories

mmain62
4/7/2017 8:26am
I want to hear your guys' stories about showing up to a new track and having locals/parkies think there is chum in the water and try to attack. This happens to me every time I go to a new track or snowboard in the winter. People don't know you so they go out and test you as soon as you head out.
My last experience with this goes like this. I show up to an unknown track, I have a nice bike but I brought super vintage fox gear that's beat and mismatched to boot. I can see the local, over the boot pant crew (no offense) staring me down. As soon as I throw my helmet on and get my bike off the stand I see them all hurry up and get on their bikes. When I say all, I mean like 7-8 dudes if not more. Once again I have never been here so I am going to play it smart and take more than a few sight laps. Every sight lap I did a different person tried to punt me in the corners and they would throw what they thought was a whip and look back at me. HAHA The greatest part was when I turned the grease meter and started lapping these idiots I found myself riding alone lol.

Anyone else have stories like this?
|
emohteeoh
4/7/2017 8:31am
That sounds like an experience that's unique to you.
Stuntman949
4/7/2017 8:41am
Sounds more like surf spot politics. Unique indeed
bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
4/7/2017 8:53am
Being a quad guy (I know, I know) I always have at least one guy who's just too proud to let me go around when I'm practicing. Usually ends one of 2 ways, either I have to jump past them, or I start showing them a wheel every corner trying to get them out of the way.

The fun part is when I try to go around the outside and they think its a smart idea to block pass me. I've knocked a couple guys down who tried to run it in. Hard to feel bad about it when they ride like that.
Skerby
4/7/2017 9:04am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2017 9:05am
I used to do this in the summer over here when I was younger! Let me just start by saying that there is one track in this isolated community and it was basically the only track I rode all year, and I rode it a lot! Anyways, anytime any new guys would show up at a "practice" that looked legit I would start racing that guy without his consent. It was usually all good though, nice to have someone to ride with and I never ran into any of em, just would try to make passes etc.

The Shop

GangGreen
4/7/2017 9:21am
mmain62 wrote:
I want to hear your guys' stories about showing up to a new track and having locals/parkies think there is chum in the water and try...
I want to hear your guys' stories about showing up to a new track and having locals/parkies think there is chum in the water and try to attack. This happens to me every time I go to a new track or snowboard in the winter. People don't know you so they go out and test you as soon as you head out.
My last experience with this goes like this. I show up to an unknown track, I have a nice bike but I brought super vintage fox gear that's beat and mismatched to boot. I can see the local, over the boot pant crew (no offense) staring me down. As soon as I throw my helmet on and get my bike off the stand I see them all hurry up and get on their bikes. When I say all, I mean like 7-8 dudes if not more. Once again I have never been here so I am going to play it smart and take more than a few sight laps. Every sight lap I did a different person tried to punt me in the corners and they would throw what they thought was a whip and look back at me. HAHA The greatest part was when I turned the grease meter and started lapping these idiots I found myself riding alone lol.

Anyone else have stories like this?
mmain62 asked, “Anyone else have stories like this?”

What’s even worse is once the pecking order has been decided, the ass hat who waits until you are 7 laps into a hard practice moto and THEN decides to pull out behind you.

Usually attempts, or makes a sketchy pass, then immediately pulls off.

Happens almost every weekend !!!
MR. X
4/7/2017 9:26am

Are these the guys ? They use to pick on my friend Daniel all the time.
Acidreamer
4/7/2017 9:29am
Ive never had that happen. My experience from the track has always been positive and everyone helps. Me being about twice as big as most mx guys might have something to do with it but idk really. Maybe go to tracks that have so many people they cant keep track.
Mini Elsinore
4/7/2017 9:34am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2017 9:35am
Only issue I ever had was parking in a local's "spot." Ended up becoming friends and we still laugh about what an asshole he was being. Laughing
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
4/7/2017 9:34am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2017 9:42am
Hasn't happened it a while, but it was an almost every weekend deal for me at a local track. I always make sure my bikes look as nice and as new as possible and I have my name and number on my jersey. For some reason people look at that and think you must be somebody. Guys would watch me unload and everything. I'd get out and put some laps in and it never failed that they would try and jump behind me at the end of my motos. I was pretty good about noticing it so I would pick it up for a lap or two and pull away. Usually they'd cut the track and hop behind me again and I would just roll around and pull of the track when that happened. My thing was that I was there to put in motos and work on speed and technique, not to try and race around with someone that thought I was somebody. I'm not super fast or anything, but since I rode that track all the time I knew the fastest way around the track at pretty good speed.

Now, I keep my bikes clean and new still, but I don't keep numbers on my bike for practice. I run the number I was assigned for the one Big 6 GP I did on just the front number plate and that's it. People see an offroad number and their mindset changes Laughing
Spydee
4/7/2017 9:50am
I remember this one time when I was talking to this chick and her bf and his mates got all mad, so he asked me if I could keep up with him his buddies on this beach (i was riding this clapped out CR250) and they were on harley's or something. We had a beach race then ended up on this train bridge where they hung from the bridge and dropped through the fog but were somehow floating like vampires. oh no wait that was The Lost Boys.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
4/7/2017 9:53am
What I can't stand is dudes thinking an empty vet track on Monday is a regional LL qualifier. That shit is so annoying bro, like congrats you're really fast, why must I be block passed and given a mouth fool of roost because of that? Unsure
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
4/7/2017 10:22am
I can't say I remember anybody messing with me on a practice day.
Dtat720
4/7/2017 10:28am
Go ride in south Louisiana.... there are about 10 vet guys with decent b speed that think they own every track they show up at. Doesnt matter how old or how fast you are. They will cross jump you, punt you in a turn, brake check you.... total asshats on the track. There are a few really really fast young guys that you would think act that way and they are the most gracious riders to share the track with.
mmain62
4/7/2017 10:38am
I think in my case the group of dudes that did it were the type of guys that only ride there and only there. What's funny is the next time I showed up on a 2000 CR250 (previously on an 09 KX450F) same dudes tried to mess with me again.I am just there because the place is very fun to ride and I just want to have fun riding. So when they try to mess with me this time thinking their 04-06 4 strokes would handle the CR250 I started passing all of them and then pulling over then passing them all again. I did it about 6 times in a few laps. Total ASS move on my part but I was tired of them cutting the track and trying to Barcia me . I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't a repeat of my last experience. So I head back to the trailer and this dude pulls up grabs my helmet by the nose and says that if I am to slow to keep up to get the F out of the way. Confused the hell out of me. Whatever I just want to ride.
Hman144
Fantasy
798th
4/7/2017 10:41am
What are we talkin' about? Practice?! We talkin' about practice, man!

-Alan Iverson
mmain62
4/7/2017 10:41am
Dtat720 wrote:
Go ride in south Louisiana.... there are about 10 vet guys with decent b speed that think they own every track they show up at. Doesnt...
Go ride in south Louisiana.... there are about 10 vet guys with decent b speed that think they own every track they show up at. Doesnt matter how old or how fast you are. They will cross jump you, punt you in a turn, brake check you.... total asshats on the track. There are a few really really fast young guys that you would think act that way and they are the most gracious riders to share the track with.
Almost every fast A dude I have ever ridden with is super cool. I mean I'm B class and can hold my own when I am feeling it but its always the "asshats" that F with people out there trying to have fun.
mmain62
4/7/2017 10:42am
Hman144 wrote:
What are we talkin' about? Practice?! We talkin' about practice, man!

-Alan Iverson
Yeah dude not even a practice day just a place that has a track that you can go and ride and nothing is organized its just a free for all. ha
bf884
4/7/2017 11:10am
Dtat720 wrote:
Go ride in south Louisiana.... there are about 10 vet guys with decent b speed that think they own every track they show up at. Doesnt...
sorry you had that experience. There is a group called ssr (senior sport riders). Not sure if those are the guys you are refering to. Never had an issue with them. Motosouth.com is the go to for south La.
4/7/2017 11:47am
I had a similar experience. It was the first time I rode the local track so I was getting the jumps dialed when a couple of guys who were up to no good started making trouble. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air."
Dtat720
4/7/2017 12:10pm
Dtat720 wrote:
bf884 wrote:
sorry you had that experience. There is a group called ssr (senior sport riders). Not sure if those are the guys you are refering to. Never...
sorry you had that experience. There is a group called ssr (senior sport riders). Not sure if those are the guys you are refering to. Never had an issue with them. Motosouth.com is the go to for south La.
Ive been on motosouth for 8-9 years. Mister2dt on there.... it isnt the ssr, ive met a few of them and they are stand up guys. Im not sure if these guys are ssr or not, but they are complete assholes on the track. Ive been riding around the area for almost 30 years now and aside from the random guy now and then, these guys are the only real jerks i encounter every single time we are at the same track.
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
4/7/2017 12:12pm
I rode in jeans and a Hoodie about a month ago at a track I had never ridden. Stock graphics on a 07 cr250 and the kids next to me actually laughed and was poking fun to their ladie friends. They work decent c class riders at best and couldnt hang with me for more then a corner or two. Funny how fast that shit stops. After two rides my van finally showed up with my gear bag.

The best part of the ones who think they are fast cause they do decent at a local level is going out and schooling them from the get go. There is always someone who will wax your ass
4/7/2017 12:17pm
Nope. Im usually blowing past people on a vintage bike with my best 80's or 90s gear.

I never wear current stuff to a track. I keep that for just family outtings and stuff where we take the huge 3 axle fifth wheel and I'm not getting roosted by spodes.

We are heading out now with 4 other families for the weekend.
motokawi818
4/7/2017 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2017 12:26pm
bh84 wrote:
Being a quad guy (I know, I know) I always have at least one guy who's just too proud to let me go around when I'm...
Being a quad guy (I know, I know) I always have at least one guy who's just too proud to let me go around when I'm practicing. Usually ends one of 2 ways, either I have to jump past them, or I start showing them a wheel every corner trying to get them out of the way.

The fun part is when I try to go around the outside and they think its a smart idea to block pass me. I've knocked a couple guys down who tried to run it in. Hard to feel bad about it when they ride like that.
Dude quads and bikes should never mix. To take out a bike with a quad is about the worst thing I've ever heard and I can't believe you don't see the wrong in that.
Dtat720
4/7/2017 12:42pm
bh84 wrote:
Being a quad guy (I know, I know) I always have at least one guy who's just too proud to let me go around when I'm...

Dude quads and bikes should never mix. To take out a bike with a quad is about the worst thing I've ever heard and I can't...
Dude quads and bikes should never mix. To take out a bike with a quad is about the worst thing I've ever heard and I can't believe you don't see the wrong in that.
How is it the quad riders bad if a bike keeps putting a wheel in when the quad is trying to go around on the outside? Sorry but thats 100% on the bike rider. Are quad guys supposed to lay up for bikes no matter what? Granted, they really shouldnt be on the track at the same time, it isnt the safest way to practice, but for real....
SURFGLOBE
4/7/2017 12:47pm
emohteeoh wrote:
That sounds like an experience that's unique to you.
Great profile pic man!
Mini Elsinore
4/7/2017 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2017 4:51am
Dtat720 wrote:
Bennett59
4/7/2017 2:16pm
I had this happen a few times, the last time me and buddy where riding guy kept trying to block me, kept looking back to see what line I was going in and cross jumping. Went on for a couple laps just to see if it would let up after that I just ran it in on him and parked him off the track as he went to go back on my buddy laid into him too like he was a berm. Needless to say he finally stopped after that
4/7/2017 4:34pm
Just don't ride A practice when you don't race A and we're all cool.
Fourth_Floor
4/7/2017 4:59pm
Just don't ride A practice when you don't race A and we're all cool.
Jeff_Crutcher just took his shirt off...
4/7/2017 5:56pm
Going to a track for the first time in about 10 years tomorrow...

...great thread to read through before doing that.

Post a reply to: Locals/Parky Stories

The Latest