Local racing is dead..

Logan_Ryall
Edited Date/Time 7/14/2022 11:48am
Entry list for the Kawi team green state championship at muddy creek.. can’t believe how low the #s are. Especially C class. Safe to say the insane gas prices are effecting moto big time.
|
Joe512
7/11/2022 6:15am
I mean if we are basing opinions off one single event i can show you races with record numbers of attendance as well..
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
7/11/2022 6:15am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2022 6:16am
The masses are migrating to off-road. Local MX races with 40 classes has a lot to do with it.
Logan_Ryall
7/11/2022 6:19am
GrapeApe wrote:
The masses are migrating to off-road. Local MX races with 40 classes has a lot to do with it.
When I buy a new bike I believe I’ll be riding more gncc.

The Shop

Logan_Ryall
7/11/2022 6:22am
Joe512 wrote:
I mean if we are basing opinions off one single event i can show you races with record numbers of attendance as well..
I get that, but this race usually pulls in a ton of riders on the east coast. The above #s are equal to a local fair race #s.
7/11/2022 6:30am
Entry list for the Kawi team green state championship at muddy creek.. can’t believe how low the #s are. Especially C class. Safe to say the...
Entry list for the Kawi team green state championship at muddy creek.. can’t believe how low the #s are. Especially C class. Safe to say the insane gas prices are effecting moto big time.
Just wait until the electric bikes show up! Thank God for YouTube, it took me a long time to come around to 4strokes taking over my beloved 2 strokes. I just can't imagine going to a Supercross to hear whiney RC bikes with a rider on it. When that happens I will be leaving the sport I love. It's like making the NFL becoming flag football. I hate how pussified this once great country has become.
McG194
7/11/2022 6:48am
On the bright side, good chance I could run top 5 in 50+ class.
Johnny Ringo
7/11/2022 6:51am
Over 1000 entries at the Desert 100 this year.

Local moto with 32 mini bike classes for lorrettas is dead…local racing is not
bultokid
7/11/2022 6:55am
Same thing has happened in vintage racing. Last race...10 riders on gate in NINE different classes....the participation ribbon mindset has taken over....everyone thinks they should get a trophy...WAY too many classes
Johnny Ringo
7/11/2022 6:58am
bultokid wrote:
Same thing has happened in vintage racing. Last race...10 riders on gate in NINE different classes....the participation ribbon mindset has taken over....everyone thinks they should get...
Same thing has happened in vintage racing. Last race...10 riders on gate in NINE different classes....the participation ribbon mindset has taken over....everyone thinks they should get a trophy...WAY too many classes
It’s the race promoters wanting to make more money. I heard it straight from the horses mouth. More classes = more cash.
DA498
7/11/2022 7:04am
McG194 wrote:
On the bright side, good chance I could run top 5 in 50+ class.
Id podium the 60plus!!
kripple428
7/11/2022 7:06am
Entry list for the Kawi team green state championship at muddy creek.. can’t believe how low the #s are. Especially C class. Safe to say the...
This is a pretty piss poor example. It was a complete mud fest at muddy creek this weekend and a lot of people left or didn’t go after seeing the weather and knowing how bad it’s going to be. Local racing in the south right now is the best I’ve seen it since I started racing in 98. The TMXA series which is pretty much the smallest local series we have in TN has had multiple races this year with over 40 riders in the PW class one race had 52 entries. The king of the mountain series opener at Mclarty mx in Alabama had over 700 entries for a local race. I think the sport is doing okay. Muddy creek always has great turnouts when the weather is good.
McG194
7/11/2022 7:08am
bultokid wrote:
Same thing has happened in vintage racing. Last race...10 riders on gate in NINE different classes....the participation ribbon mindset has taken over....everyone thinks they should get...
It’s the race promoters wanting to make more money. I heard it straight from the horses mouth. More classes = more cash.
Nothing at all wrong with that.

I don't care about a trophy or not but I really don't want to race against former pros that are over 50, I would prefer to race against a bunch of never was 50+ guys so I can at least have someone to race with.
IllegalGoPro
7/11/2022 7:10am
kripple428 wrote:
This is a pretty piss poor example. It was a complete mud fest at muddy creek this weekend and a lot of people left or didn’t...
This is a pretty piss poor example. It was a complete mud fest at muddy creek this weekend and a lot of people left or didn’t go after seeing the weather and knowing how bad it’s going to be. Local racing in the south right now is the best I’ve seen it since I started racing in 98. The TMXA series which is pretty much the smallest local series we have in TN has had multiple races this year with over 40 riders in the PW class one race had 52 entries. The king of the mountain series opener at Mclarty mx in Alabama had over 700 entries for a local race. I think the sport is doing okay. Muddy creek always has great turnouts when the weather is good.

The sport is definitely not ok. Anyone see turnout at Chillitown Classic this weekend? That place is normally PACKED for a regular race, it should have been off the chains for this AMA Featured Event...and it was CRICKETS. If Muddy Creek and Southern Ohio aren't getting entries, then the East Coast is definitely hurting.

GNCC entries are WAYYYYY down from last year. Gas prices and overall living expenses are killing us.

Let's hope most of these moto companies can weather the storm.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
7/11/2022 7:13am
Just wait until the electric bikes show up! Thank God for YouTube, it took me a long time to come around to 4strokes taking over my...
Just wait until the electric bikes show up! Thank God for YouTube, it took me a long time to come around to 4strokes taking over my beloved 2 strokes. I just can't imagine going to a Supercross to hear whiney RC bikes with a rider on it. When that happens I will be leaving the sport I love. It's like making the NFL becoming flag football. I hate how pussified this once great country has become.
Nothing says "strong willed" like taking your ball and going home when other people have an option to do something you don't like.
Mavetism
7/11/2022 7:14am
Is that three different classes just for the 50cc? Wtf, I've never seen something like that here in europe/germany, that's crazy 😆
7/11/2022 7:17am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2022 8:13am
Mavetism wrote:
Is that three different classes just for the 50cc? Wtf, I've never seen something like that here in europe/germany, that's crazy 😆
No it is not.

It is five classes + ebike class just for the 50cc. And it appears one-third of those classes consist of just one kid.
IllegalGoPro
7/11/2022 7:19am
Just wait until the electric bikes show up! Thank God for YouTube, it took me a long time to come around to 4strokes taking over my...
davis224 wrote:
Nothing says "strong willed" like taking your ball and going home when other people have an option to do something you don't like.
Agreed. Electric will bring in far more people than it will run out, IMHO.
7/11/2022 7:32am
davis224 wrote:
So you would be cool going to a Supercross or National that consists of silent whiney bikes? I have been riding since I was 5, the engine noise, and at the time 2 stroke smell was the smell of my childhood. I hate 4strokes, but have accepted that is where our sport is now. I just can't imagine going to the Oakland Coliseum or Hangtown to hear whiney "Motocross" bikes without a clutch whine around the track. Lame. I will stop watching and paying good money to watch the sport if that's what we have come too. Hell I still hate the cheater 4stroke bikes. I'll go start snowboarding again. Lol a stadium full of RC bikes? I'm good
sandtrack315
7/11/2022 7:32am
Not paying 100+ bucks (2 classes) and sitting around all day to ride 15-20 laps.

the WORCS and JDay races look like the most fun / bang for your buck.
7/11/2022 7:37am
Not paying 100+ bucks (2 classes) and sitting around all day to ride 15-20 laps. the WORCS and JDay races look like the most fun /...
Not paying 100+ bucks (2 classes) and sitting around all day to ride 15-20 laps.

Ya I guess if your afraid to ride a motocross track, ya go race some lame trails. Shit is boring
7/11/2022 7:39am
Not paying 100+ bucks (2 classes) and sitting around all day to ride 15-20 laps. the WORCS and JDay races look like the most fun /...

So your afraid of jumps?
7/11/2022 7:40am
They all drove to Illinois to race. Lincoln Trail had over 800 entries yesterday. I only did three out of the for motos I paid for, and I still wasn't on the road until 6:30 last night. Ugh.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
7/11/2022 7:40am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2022 7:42am
davis224 wrote:
So you would be cool going to a Supercross or National that consists of silent whiney bikes? I have been riding since I was 5, the...
So you would be cool going to a Supercross or National that consists of silent whiney bikes? I have been riding since I was 5, the engine noise, and at the time 2 stroke smell was the smell of my childhood. I hate 4strokes, but have accepted that is where our sport is now. I just can't imagine going to the Oakland Coliseum or Hangtown to hear whiney "Motocross" bikes without a clutch whine around the track. Lame. I will stop watching and paying good money to watch the sport if that's what we have come too. Hell I still hate the cheater 4stroke bikes. I'll go start snowboarding again. Lol a stadium full of RC bikes? I'm good
Not gonna lie, it'll be weird to hear all the chain slap going through the whoops. But I love dirt bikes and racing, so yea, I'll watch, and I'm not going to quit the sport over it. Ideally I'd love to have the Stark and a 125.

How the hell do you enjoy a silent ass snowboard anyway?
147leeman
MX has been dead in Indiana for a long time. A few tracks still represent (wildcat and wabash). The word here for the last ten years is that no one wants to wait around for 2 - 15 minute motos, go home and still want to ride that afternoon. We all have been going offroad / gncc style with four different series that mostly determine their schedules so everyone can race. After 1.5hrs or 2hrs of race time, I don't want to see my bike for a few days....but I'll be ready by next weekend or the next.
IllegalGoPro
davis224 wrote:
So you would be cool going to a Supercross or National that consists of silent whiney bikes? I have been riding since I was 5, the...
You mean a Supercross / Arenacross race there I wouldn't get a headache for the entire drive home? Where I could actually speak to the person beside me about the race without screaming into their ear?

Absolutely I'll go to that, and don't worry, I'll buy an extra ticket to make up for yours. Smile
7/11/2022 7:41am
If/When I come back to riding I will be doing Sprint Enduro. I like watching MX but the money and time are just not for me.
IllegalGoPro
7/11/2022 7:42am
147leeman wrote:
MX has been dead in Indiana for a long time. A few tracks still represent (wildcat and wabash). The word here for the last ten years...
MX has been dead in Indiana for a long time. A few tracks still represent (wildcat and wabash). The word here for the last ten years is that no one wants to wait around for 2 - 15 minute motos, go home and still want to ride that afternoon. We all have been going offroad / gncc style with four different series that mostly determine their schedules so everyone can race. After 1.5hrs or 2hrs of race time, I don't want to see my bike for a few days....but I'll be ready by next weekend or the next.
I'm hearing the exact same things all over the east coast. People are tired of driving to local tracks where they spend 10 hours sitting around to ride 2 -12 minute motos. People would rather roll up to a GNCC, sign up, roll to the line, ride the 2 hours and go home. I love moto personally, but I don't blame them at all.
McG194
7/11/2022 7:43am
The sport is definitely not ok. Anyone see turnout at Chillitown Classic this weekend? That place is normally PACKED for a regular race, it should have...

The sport is definitely not ok. Anyone see turnout at Chillitown Classic this weekend? That place is normally PACKED for a regular race, it should have been off the chains for this AMA Featured Event...and it was CRICKETS. If Muddy Creek and Southern Ohio aren't getting entries, then the East Coast is definitely hurting.

GNCC entries are WAYYYYY down from last year. Gas prices and overall living expenses are killing us.

Let's hope most of these moto companies can weather the storm.
GNCC entries may be wayyyyy down this year but how do they compare to pre-covid numbers?

Our Florida series is right on the edge of how many racers we can safely handle.

Post a reply to: Local racing is dead..

The Latest