Local motocross track hotlap

7/24/2017 10:58am
Little hot lap video I did from riding yesterday, getting faster every time I ride

https://youtu.be/fee80WvW9Ss
|
Sixeightone
7/24/2017 11:44am
I hate that track! ditch the barkbusters!!!!
7/24/2017 12:48pm
I hate that track! ditch the barkbusters!!!!
save my hands from getting smashed when woods riding, but I dont like these cycras at all enduro eng are better
40acres
7/24/2017 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 1:19pm
Looking good man, not bad at all. Keep up the work and you're going to see improvements every time you go out.

That track looks SUPER fun. Our local track here, 3 Palms, is deep and Sandy like that.

The Shop

ledger
7/24/2017 1:33pm
Not bad, keep putting in lap's and you'll continue to improve your skill's. Your vid timing is perfect, I find a vid hard to watch when it's 7-10 minute's in length and it's lap after lap of the same. Anyway, keep at it and have fun doing it.
7/24/2017 4:51pm
40acres wrote:
Looking good man, not bad at all. Keep up the work and you're going to see improvements every time you go out. That track looks SUPER...
Looking good man, not bad at all. Keep up the work and you're going to see improvements every time you go out.

That track looks SUPER fun. Our local track here, 3 Palms, is deep and Sandy like that.
Thanks man!
7/24/2017 4:52pm
ledger wrote:
Not bad, keep putting in lap's and you'll continue to improve your skill's. Your vid timing is perfect, I find a vid hard to watch when...
Not bad, keep putting in lap's and you'll continue to improve your skill's. Your vid timing is perfect, I find a vid hard to watch when it's 7-10 minute's in length and it's lap after lap of the same. Anyway, keep at it and have fun doing it.
Thanks man
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/24/2017 5:50pm
Nice bud! Track looks awesome. Wish we had dirt like that here in the west coast.

Only thing I want to point out is around 1:35 you cross the track on a jump. Try to keep that to a minimum to keep yourself from getting landed on. Otherwise, keep it up!
7/24/2017 6:18pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Nice bud! Track looks awesome. Wish we had dirt like that here in the west coast. Only thing I want to point out is around 1:35...
Nice bud! Track looks awesome. Wish we had dirt like that here in the west coast.

Only thing I want to point out is around 1:35 you cross the track on a jump. Try to keep that to a minimum to keep yourself from getting landed on. Otherwise, keep it up!
thanks man!I noticed that mistake too, gotta work on holding my line better
JM485
7/24/2017 8:03pm
Looking good, track looks fun as well. Just a quick thing I wanted to point out, don't be afraid to try and run a gear higher everywhere. Now before everyone beats me to death and tells me I'm an idiot because it's a 125, consider this. Rather than come into corners, brake, then pin it out, try to make it more of a fluid motion. By running a gear higher, I think it will force you to carry a little more speed into and through the mid part of the corners, and allow you to keep momentum a little better. Obviously this isn't always going to work, but on the wider corners I think it will help with flow a bit, and it's also a lot easier to jump and correct things in the air when you aren't completely revved out. Just something to think about, take it for what it's worth (approximately 2 centsCool )
7/25/2017 5:59am
JM485 wrote:
Looking good, track looks fun as well. Just a quick thing I wanted to point out, don't be afraid to try and run a gear higher...
Looking good, track looks fun as well. Just a quick thing I wanted to point out, don't be afraid to try and run a gear higher everywhere. Now before everyone beats me to death and tells me I'm an idiot because it's a 125, consider this. Rather than come into corners, brake, then pin it out, try to make it more of a fluid motion. By running a gear higher, I think it will force you to carry a little more speed into and through the mid part of the corners, and allow you to keep momentum a little better. Obviously this isn't always going to work, but on the wider corners I think it will help with flow a bit, and it's also a lot easier to jump and correct things in the air when you aren't completely revved out. Just something to think about, take it for what it's worth (approximately 2 centsCool )
Thanks for the tips man!
opyguy
7/25/2017 8:48am
I've never seen that track so smooth, was it an early morning weekend?
My goal is to clear the backside double and the double after the middle tabletop... I just don't have the balls to try.
7/25/2017 12:24pm
opyguy wrote:
I've never seen that track so smooth, was it an early morning weekend? My goal is to clear the backside double and the double after the...
I've never seen that track so smooth, was it an early morning weekend?
My goal is to clear the backside double and the double after the middle tabletop... I just don't have the balls to try.
Middle of the day, track held up good that whole day
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/25/2017 12:54pm
JM485 wrote:
Looking good, track looks fun as well. Just a quick thing I wanted to point out, don't be afraid to try and run a gear higher...
I agree with this. When you can carry enough momentum around the entire track to ride a gear higher, you'll pick up quite a bit of speed. If you can find a big enough of an area, I would recommend making a turn track with sweeping corners and tight corners. Ride that as often as possible and make sure you get ruts to form. That'll be a huge help as well
7/25/2017 6:19pm
JM485 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I agree with this. When you can carry enough momentum around the entire track to ride a gear higher, you'll pick up quite a bit of...
I agree with this. When you can carry enough momentum around the entire track to ride a gear higher, you'll pick up quite a bit of speed. If you can find a big enough of an area, I would recommend making a turn track with sweeping corners and tight corners. Ride that as often as possible and make sure you get ruts to form. That'll be a huge help as well
I rode today and tried it out

Post a reply to: Local motocross track hotlap

The Latest