Support needed for severely injured Local indiana rider Evan Faucett.

Marty1028
Fantasy
1104th
Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 4:17pm
Local rider Evan Faucett was injured at the boone county fair race a few days ago, please keep him in your prayers as he had a really rough get off, and if you are in indiana all the proceeds from this weekends race at wildcat creek mx are going to help him and his family. Update quote below.

First of all I want to thank everyone for all of the love, support and prayers we have received. This is by far the hardest thing we have ever been through. It's a parents worst nightmare.
Evan Faucett was in a serious motocross accident at the Boone county fairgrounds on Thursday night. He was taken by ambulance to St Vincent 86th st. He has suffered a severe concussion, small bleed in the brain, lacerated liver, and the worst injury is to his spine. He had surgery last night to stabilize his spine. His spinal cord was severed, but not completely. We've been told many times that the chances of him walking again are next to nothing. We are waiting for him to prove them wrong. Evan is a fighter. If you tell him he can't do it, he will! Evan will need pushed harder than he has ever been pushed in his life! We have the longest, toughest journey ahead of us. Please please please continue to pray for Evan. I will also let everyone know when visitors can come. He is in ICU. So we make the decision on visitors. He has had family and close friends here, but he isn't really that aware of what's going on, so we are trying not to agitate him too much. He has spoken to many of us. He remembers a lot of things, but still gets very confused. And he's still very sleepy. (Assuming that's related to the severe concussion). Thank you again for all of the love and support! I've always known I had an amazing family, but the motocross family is just as strong. You all mean the world to us ❤️

|
kxf250f176
Fantasy
1354th
7/17/2018 8:12pm
I was blown away by Evan (literally at wildcat a few weeks ago). He's going to fight through this. The family is in my thoughts.
motomike894
7/17/2018 10:28pm
I help run some fair races ( I was there when he got hurt ), also doing a t-shirt fundraiser for him see link below.

He’s a great kid and extremely nice compared to some younger kids out there, truly does suck a big one.

https://www.aplusimages.com/evan-faucett
KDXGarage
7/17/2018 11:11pm
I am sorry to hear this. I hope he recovers well.

The Shop

Hoseclamp
Fantasy
617th
7/18/2018 5:00am
Prayers sent. Scary shit, makes my heart hurt and makes me worry about my little ones riding.
Donovan759
7/18/2018 5:23am
Wow. I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying for Evan & his family and believing he's going to walk again soon.
RbR
7/18/2018 5:37am
Prayers for Evan.
Marty1028
Fantasy
1104th
7/18/2018 4:43pm
Update on Evan Faucett: The lacerated liver is level one, so they are just letting it heal. The brain injury is still making him quite sleepy, but when he is made to wake up and do his assessments, he does very well. His assessments include questions like his name, birthdate, date, where he is, who people are if we are in the room. The assessments also include motor skills as well. He does well with those too. (Until he's had enough and then he lets you know with a few choice words ?). They did sensory testing on him today and he still can't feel past his nipple line. We are told that there is still a lot of swelling. We understand that he may never get the feeling back, but we will always be in prayer that he proves them wrong. Yesterday he was treated for a partially collapsed lung, due to the large contusion on his lung from the wreck. They inserted a tube into the right lung through his ribs to drain the blood and fluid and he is doing much better. Speech therapy saw him today to test his ability to swallow, and he just can't stay alert enough right now to pass the test so they plan to insert a tube through his central line today to give him nourishment. They wanted to give him a tube though his nose and down his throat, but since he has a history of ripping out tubes(he extubated himself, even being restrained to the bed.) they didn't trust him. Evan has a long hard road ahead of him, but I am confident he will push through any obstacle that gets in his way! He is a fighter, and we are ready to fight for him too! I can't thank everyone enough for all of the love, support and prayers. You pray to God you never have to go through something like this. It's the hardest thing we ever been faced with. Now we are praying to God to help us through this! I have faith that we are in the best hands possible ❤️. Please continue to pray for Evan. For now I ask you to respect that what's in Evan's best interest is for him to have no visitors. He needs to rest. We are open to visitors who want to see our family. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts ?
Marty1028
Fantasy
1104th
7/18/2018 4:44pm
7/17 Update on Evan Faucett: Today has been a really good day ❤️. The tube has been removed from his lung, and they said his lung looks good. Occupational therapy had him up in the bed for 8 minutes this morning. Speech therapy started him on clear liquids today. When they gave him water and apple juice he said, "God that's good!" (He held the cup and drank through a straw by himself) He has been so alert today and asking to see different people that are here. Prayers are working! Please continue to pray! I'm amazed at what God has done for Evan in such a short time! We are overwhelmed at the love and support we have received. We told Evan about all the messages we have received, the visitors that have come and all of the benefits that are being done in his honor. He said, " really? They're doing that for me? That's awesome!" As far as his spinal cord injury, we are still in prayer! Regardless of the outcome we will focus on the positive and push Evan as hard as he has ever been pushed! There are still a lot of unknowns. Still waiting for swelling to go down. We will know more as time progresses. Pray pray and then pray some more ❤️
kismith38
7/24/2018 11:48am
Praying for your son my son was injured one year ago yesterday burst his T6 vertebrae he’s a paraplegic for now he did his rehabilitation at the shepherd spinal center in Atlanta Georgia they’re very good we will be praying for him
Marty1028
Fantasy
1104th
7/24/2018 3:28pm
kismith38 wrote:
Praying for your son my son was injured one year ago yesterday burst his T6 vertebrae he’s a paraplegic for now he did his rehabilitation at...
Praying for your son my son was injured one year ago yesterday burst his T6 vertebrae he’s a paraplegic for now he did his rehabilitation at the shepherd spinal center in Atlanta Georgia they’re very good we will be praying for him
I am not related to him, those are update quotes from his family.
Rickyisms
7/24/2018 4:17pm
Anyway we can buy the mini plates online?

Moto is a tough sport, gives me chills reading stuff like this and realizing it can happen to any of us everytime we throw our leg over a bike.
PastranaWho
7/24/2018 5:56pm
Prayers for a full recovery. Positive vibes moving forward.
MotoX85
7/24/2018 7:32pm
Awesome kid and family, terrible to hear.
DaBaum44
7/24/2018 8:00pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Anyway we can buy the mini plates online? Moto is a tough sport, gives me chills reading stuff like this and realizing it can happen to...
Anyway we can buy the mini plates online?

Moto is a tough sport, gives me chills reading stuff like this and realizing it can happen to any of us everytime we throw our leg over a bike.

Post a reply to: Support needed for severely injured Local indiana rider Evan Faucett.

The Latest