Live stream without ads

Shawn142
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 9:58am
Okay, I got so pissed at the facebook and living timing ads loading and stalling my screen (especially live timing, every few seconds it makes my screen pause and jump) I decided to see what I could do about it. Found a quick but slightly complicated answer. Warning, you need at least basic webpage creation skills.

Open the pages source (View - then Page Source), search for the race title (Toyota Trucks Thunder Valley blah blah). This and the link to the live feed is sandwiched between and tags. Open any webpage creation software and start a new page. Copy that few lines of HTML into the body of a new page, preview that new page, and there you are. The only thing on your screen is the feed itself. Nothing else effecting the quality.
|
Backfire
6/26/2010 1:03pm
Google chrome is working fine for me...no ads or facebook chat
slocma
6/26/2010 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2010 1:18pm
If you are using firefox, just install adblock plus and you can block the facebook thing and live timing and scoring with a click or twoWink
P
6/26/2010 1:54pm
Shawn142 wrote:
Okay, I got so pissed at the facebook and living timing ads loading and stalling my screen (especially live timing, every few seconds it makes my...
Okay, I got so pissed at the facebook and living timing ads loading and stalling my screen (especially live timing, every few seconds it makes my screen pause and jump) I decided to see what I could do about it. Found a quick but slightly complicated answer. Warning, you need at least basic webpage creation skills.

Open the pages source (View - then Page Source), search for the race title (Toyota Trucks Thunder Valley blah blah). This and the link to the live feed is sandwiched between and tags. Open any webpage creation software and start a new page. Copy that few lines of HTML into the body of a new page, preview that new page, and there you are. The only thing on your screen is the feed itself. Nothing else effecting the quality.
I was wondering how to remove that stuff. I don't think that it was there last year and everything was perfect. Maybe they will fix that or allow another option by the next race?

P
Nikhil
6/26/2010 1:58pm
Can you post the html lines here?

The Shop

DownSouth
6/26/2010 2:03pm
Someone embeded the live video in a thread here last week, not sure how they did it, there is no embed code on the player.

Post a reply to: Live stream without ads

The Latest