Related:
Create New Tag

3/6/2019 12:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2019 12:50 PM

Don't run from the cops kids

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P-wkOKQORbU

|

3/6/2019 12:44 PM

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. But.... he said the bike is theirs now ? To sell at auction and keep the money for the PD ? That don't seem right. Sure he's a dumb 13 year old kid but shouldn't that bike go into an impound where the registered owner can pay a fine and get it back ? How does that work ?

|

3/6/2019 12:46 PM

sumdood wrote:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. But.... he said the bike is theirs now ? To sell at auction and keep the money for the PD ? That don't seem right. Sure he's a dumb 13 year old kid but shouldn't that bike go into an impound where the registered owner can pay a fine and get it back ? How does that work ?

Think I read that the parents got the bike back. Unless your a multiple offender type person then they will release the bike back to the owner for an impound fee

|

3/6/2019 12:50 PM

sumdood wrote:

logan_140 wrote:

Think I read that the parents got the bike back. Unless your a multiple offender type person then they will release the bike back to the owner for an impound fee

Where did you read that? And I agree that a first time offender shouldn't have the bike taken away forever.

|

3/6/2019 12:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2019 1:40 PM

"This was my
first time riding" laughing laughing laughing

|

3/6/2019 1:12 PM

sumdood wrote:

logan_140 wrote:

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

Where did you read that? And I agree that a first time offender shouldn't have the bike taken away forever.

I watch live pd every friday&sat and I’m pretty sure on Saturday nights episode they had said that the kids parents can go get the bike. They usually do follow ups on things that happened.

|

3/6/2019 1:12 PM

sumdood wrote:

"This was my
first time riding" laughing laughing laughing

"But I did stop" laughing laughing laughing

|

3/6/2019 1:17 PM

logan_140 wrote:

I think the ownership of the bike technically falls back to the parents with him being a minor, so I imagine that they have the right to get it back, less fees and so forth.

|

3/6/2019 1:18 PM

sumdood wrote:

I think they were just scaring him by telling him they were gonna keep it and sell it. Depending on the crime you are committing determines what happens to the seized property. If he was running drugs on the bike it would be gone for good. I am sure all they had to do is pay all towing and impound fees and any fines for running from the police and then they get the bike back but I hope Dad and Mom locked it up for a while to teach junior a lesson.

|

Ed Johnson

3/6/2019 1:33 PM

Feel free to arrest anyone with Spoke Skins

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

3/6/2019 1:46 PM

I think the cops have much more important things to do than waste time chasing 13 year old kids on dirtbikes

|

3/6/2019 2:16 PM

dan.robin.549 wrote:

I think the cops have much more important things to do than waste time chasing 13 year old kids on dirtbikes

You must be a wheelie boy.

|

Ed Johnson

3/6/2019 2:26 PM

dan.robin.549 wrote:

Get back to us when the 13yr old they’re chasing is on your bike.

|

3/6/2019 2:28 PM

dan.robin.549 wrote:

Really? You think that until one of those 13 year old kids crashes their dirtbike and in doing so causes one of your loved ones to get hurt or killed and then you are the first one jumping up and down screaming why aren't the police out there stopping these 13 year old kids from riding their dirtbikes in the wrong places!!

|

3/6/2019 2:35 PM

It seems like every other week there's a story on here about how "back in muh day we ran from the cops all the time" on motorcycles. Interesting.

|

3/6/2019 2:45 PM

zehn wrote:

It seems like every other week there's a story on here about how "back in muh day we ran from the cops all the time" on motorcycles. Interesting.

I haven't seen anyone say that so far.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

3/6/2019 4:17 PM

dan.robin.549 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Or the father of a current pro who makes the mains.

|

3/6/2019 4:45 PM

Lol ya those kids in bum fuck nowhere are definitely the same as wheelie boys with no gear swerving through inner city traffic.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

3/6/2019 4:51 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

Which means absolutely nothing in the context of this thread

|

3/6/2019 5:12 PM

I've had the cops chase me numerous times a teenager while trying to get from my house to the local riding spots. It wasn't like we were riding for miles on the on the road. It was just here and there to get to different areas. One time the cop thought it would be a good idea to chase us down the whooped out railroad tracks. That didn't go over so well for him.

|

3/6/2019 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2019 5:24 PM

My friend got caught riding on the street once when he was 15 and the cop threw the book at him. I was with him working on it replacing a piston. We just got done and he was going to take it for a quick test ride. He drove it out his driveway, rode about 100 yards, made a U-turn to come back, and the bike stalled. Just as he was making a U-turn, a cop came down the street, pulled in front of him, hopped out of the car and pulled the spark plug boot off the spark plug.

The cop wrote him up for:
1. Unlicensed
2. Uninsured
3. Unregistered
4. Non-street legal vehicle
5. No helmet
6. The cop then had the bike impounded because he didn't have the registration.

Most here are not the Wheelie Boys type, but I can almost guarantee that we have all been guilty of taking a rip down a public road.

|

3/6/2019 5:42 PM

dan.robin.549 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

|

Ed Johnson

3/6/2019 5:57 PM

sumdood wrote:

logan_140 wrote:

Its not about being a "multiple offender".. it about what the crime was/is. Certain things you can do asset forfeiture on and some things you cannot. Depends on the State laws.

|

3/6/2019 6:04 PM

I once was riding down the sidewalk and a cop came after me.. I stopped. I got a ticket and he had me push the bike home. Cost me $25 but I kept my bike. He asked me why I didn't run from him like the rest of the kids around there usually do, I responded with, I guess I was raised right..

|

3/6/2019 6:26 PM

This video hardly counts as a wheelie boy. Thats a pretty rural area the kids were wearing helmets, neck braces, boots and chest protectors.

What I see here in busy Miami is a Wheelie Boy and the wheelie boys need the book thrown at them. They are seriously dangerous. The entire Miami Police force has been unable to figure out how to catch any of the real wheelie boys unless they crash or are stopping for gas. The ones they catch mostly have records, weapons and are not respectful young 13 year olds like the one in that video.

I have been passed many times by CR250 lane splitting a wheelie with a huge speed differential to traffic and have him scare the hell out of me.

I have a feeling these kids were mostly riding around a pretty rural area and not being dangerous until the cops lit them up. Running from the cops is not smart and they deserved what they got. We sometimes have to ride on a public easement, sidewalk or cross a street to get to nearby riding areas and if a cop lights me up, I stop. Havent had an issue yet. But I am also geared up, and I do not ride on the street except to cross it and I also stay first gear, idle speed the whole way and obey all traffic laws and I either stop or go way around any pedestrians. Its just about 3/4 mile but it can be risky if the wrong cop stops me.

|

2013 CRF450R Factory Connection revalve, All stock.

3/6/2019 6:58 PM

The person who serviced the forks on that bike post here hahaha.

I got stopped by a cop one night. My buddy pulled out his YZ250 and fired it up. I couldn't resist and took off down the road. I shifted into second and pulled the front wheel up, I hadn't gone 100 yards and a cop pulled out in front of me. I turned around and went back to the house. He pulled up behind me and I just told him I was looking at the bike to buy it and was ensuring it ran right. He just said to put it up and don't ride it on the street again. I got lucky, he could have busted my ass.

|

3/6/2019 7:12 PM

|

3/6/2019 7:58 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

Squirrelings wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Just sayin' he's probably not down with the wheelie boyz like the rest of us. These kids seem pretty harmless, but riding on the road is stupid regardless.

|

3/6/2019 9:20 PM

kid has PUBG stickers on his neckbrace lol

|

3/6/2019 9:32 PM

sixtwentyeight wrote:

I've had the cops chase me numerous times a teenager while trying to get from my house to the local riding spots. It wasn't like we were riding for miles on the on the road. It was just here and there to get to different areas. One time the cop thought it would be a good idea to chase us down the whooped out railroad tracks. That didn't go over so well for him.

That reminds me of this scene from cops

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZV87VmJOS0

|