Little more on CBD, Feld, and NBC from Weege

ML512
Fantasy
45th
Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 5:39am
Weege breaking down what's going on with AMA and Feld with CBD products, along with Feld/NBC's reasons behind not allowing the logos on tv...and a bit on the legality of actually marketing it on national tv.

https://racerxonline.com/2019/02/20/insight-more-information-on-cbd-oil…
|
danman
2/21/2019 8:43am
I'd bet if Ignite went to Feld and said they wanted to do a sponsorship, the situation would be different.
500guy
2/21/2019 8:57am
danman wrote:
I'd bet if Ignite went to Feld and said they wanted to do a sponsorship, the situation would be different.
I bet if ignite didn't think it would be a big issue they would have never even tried it.

This is no different than the 360 guy's trying to make a scene with Reed when everyone knew Go-Pro had the rights.

it's just a huge look at me ploy.
early
Fantasy
2212th
2/21/2019 9:15am
Has anyone seen a cbd commercial on any national broadcast of any kind?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/21/2019 1:02pm
danman wrote:
I’d bet you’re wrong.

The Shop

7eleven
2/21/2019 1:34pm
danman wrote:
500guy wrote:
I bet if ignite didn't think it would be a big issue they would have never even tried it. This is no different than the 360...
I bet if ignite didn't think it would be a big issue they would have never even tried it.

This is no different than the 360 guy's trying to make a scene with Reed when everyone knew Go-Pro had the rights.

it's just a huge look at me ploy.
It wasn't common knowledge that GoPro had an exclusive to the Nationals. The exposure 360fly received was a gift, i assure you! From that weekend forward, it became what Reed made it. He was very good at playing the cards he was dealt.
zehn
2/21/2019 1:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2019 1:38pm
7eleven wrote:
It wasn't common knowledge that GoPro had an exclusive to the Nationals. The exposure 360fly received was a gift, i assure you! From that weekend forward...
It wasn't common knowledge that GoPro had an exclusive to the Nationals. The exposure 360fly received was a gift, i assure you! From that weekend forward, it became what Reed made it. He was very good at playing the cards he was dealt.
It may not have been common knowledge to the average fan, but any company looking to to a big time sponsorship with a big name like Reed would undoubtedly have done their due diligence research which quickly would have turned up the GoPro exclusivity deal.

For sure they knew what they were doing.
2/21/2019 2:06pm
early wrote:
Not sure if it was national but i saw a commercial here locally for some.
2stmark
2/21/2019 8:21pm
I'm going to wear a homemade "CBD" t-shirt in Detroit just for the hell of it …..
2/21/2019 8:36pm
2stmark wrote:
I'm going to wear a homemade "CBD" t-shirt in Detroit just for the hell of it …..
Alright, and so you'll be in the fast 40 then?

otherwise who gives a shit. People been wearing these for years!

MotoMo165
2/21/2019 9:05pm
danman wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I’d bet you’re wrong.
It’s like vital members don’t understand laws Silly
DC
2/22/2019 5:38am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 6:11am
early wrote:
No, but when you listen to satellite radio for CNN, Fox News or MSNBC (I switch back and forth a lot to try to hear all sides) they are constantly running ads for former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives John Boehner (R, Ohio) for his cannabis investing firm and how cannabis is a a rapidly growing "green rush" and everyone should get in now...

And then there is current Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell (R, Kentucky) who pushed the Farm Bill through that opens up hemp/cannabis-related products like CBD oil (though not the kind with THC) that the President signed and everyone is just waiting to go into effect. Kentucky has a great climate for growing this kind of crop and it would mean thousands of jobs for McConnell's state. And when it the Farm Bill regulations for into effect and the ability to advertise and broadcast change, so will sponsorship opportunities.

Here is where it all stands:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/12/14/the-farm-bill-hemp-and…

DC
Racer X
TT Special
2/22/2019 6:08am
early wrote:
DC wrote:
No, but when you listen to satellite radio for CNN, Fox News or MSNBC (I switch back and forth a lot to try to hear all...
No, but when you listen to satellite radio for CNN, Fox News or MSNBC (I switch back and forth a lot to try to hear all sides) they are constantly running ads for former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives John Boehner (R, Ohio) for his cannabis investing firm and how cannabis is a a rapidly growing "green rush" and everyone should get in now...

And then there is current Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell (R, Kentucky) who pushed the Farm Bill through that opens up hemp/cannabis-related products like CBD oil (though not the kind with THC) that the President signed and everyone is just waiting to go into effect. Kentucky has a great climate for growing this kind of crop and it would mean thousands of jobs for McConnell's state. And when it the Farm Bill regulations for into effect and the ability to advertise and broadcast change, so will sponsorship opportunities.

DC
Racer X
So,how do I get in DC ?
early
Fantasy
2212th
2/22/2019 6:16am
early wrote:
DC wrote:
No, but when you listen to satellite radio for CNN, Fox News or MSNBC (I switch back and forth a lot to try to hear all...

DC
Racer X
I actually provided a link to the same Brookings article in another thread. I hardly watch any tv with commercials so I'm not very informed on what's out there. The way I see it the broadcast rules will get more clear in the near future, let's hope that there are not any exclusive series contracts or outright bans on CBD company advertising in motorcycle racing.
VoR
2/22/2019 9:25am
With all the motion in the emerging business I can't imagine Hansen's/Monster are not developing something right now.

Post a reply to: Little more on CBD, Feld, and NBC from Weege

The Latest