Lit pro

Cliffy615
Fantasy
2903rd
Hi,
Just wondering who uses lit pro?
I'm interested in getting one and wondered what people's views are on the product? They are garanteeing 2 seconds a lap off your time or your money back, that's a pretty bold claim
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
9/18/2018 5:23am
Here is my thoughts:

It’s an AWESOME tool. If you’re a solo guy, who doesn’t “train” and have a spotter looking for variances - it’s difficult to correlate the difference in lap time with what was actually don’t on the track.

For instance, an inside outside corner time split overlay is cool - and may very well tell you that the inside it faster despite lower mph.... but I can’t for the life of me guarantee that the lap I’m comparing that inside rut to was a solid lap that I didn’t make a mistake. If you’re extremely deliberate, then yes - you can get good data solo. It all reality, you need a trainer or spotter watching and taking notes to help and context to the data.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
9/18/2018 5:58am
I don’t see why a spotter or trainer is needed for anything when you have a LitPro. These are incredible devices. Spend the time needed to monkey around with all that it offers and you’ll be blown away. Two seconds a lap should be the least amount of time you’re shaving off.
Muezh
9/18/2018 5:58am
I would love to get one with my friends and I so we could trash talk corner speeds, lap times and other variances. I'd be fun for sure.
TeamGreen
9/18/2018 6:02am
It gives me turn, segment & jump data for every lap. You can monitor your heart-rate if you want, too. Check out their website.

I’ve used it for 3 years & I think it’s the best training tool available.

The Shop

9/18/2018 6:45am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2018 6:50am
Before you go do that..

Check out LapKing. It’s made by a couple A riders from Texas and is more of a social media form of training. It’s very affordable and does a lot of what a litpro does plus some fun bragging rights.

They are currently launching a new GPS unit that does all the tracking for you similar to a litpro but far more affordable. They update their insta a lot about it found via this link

LapKing link here
c0ncEpT
9/18/2018 6:57am
I would love to try one out.

There was a member here that claimed he dropped like 13 seconds a lap by using a Litpro while practicing a few weeks before a race at Milestone or something like that.

VonShofstall
9/18/2018 7:19am
TeamGreen wrote:
It gives me turn, segment & jump data for every lap. You can monitor your heart-rate if you want, too. Check out their website. I’ve used...
It gives me turn, segment & jump data for every lap. You can monitor your heart-rate if you want, too. Check out their website.

I’ve used it for 3 years & I think it’s the best training tool available.
I agree with Manny, great tool, and loads of fun to geek out on the data. Even more fun when you connect with friends using it at the same track to compare and compete!
kNewc
9/18/2018 8:27am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2018 8:28am
Before you go do that.. Check out LapKing. It’s made by a couple A riders from Texas and is more of a social media form of...
Before you go do that..

Check out LapKing. It’s made by a couple A riders from Texas and is more of a social media form of training. It’s very affordable and does a lot of what a litpro does plus some fun bragging rights.

They are currently launching a new GPS unit that does all the tracking for you similar to a litpro but far more affordable. They update their insta a lot about it found via this link

LapKing link here
Looks like LapKing will start using GPS files from the likes of XGPS160 (which is around $140). That is the GPS on top of the guys helmet in the latest picture. Now the XGPS 160 is only 10hz (like pretty much all sport GPS watches) while the LitPro is 20hz. Instead of the XGPS160 you can just get a GPS watch or any other GPS devices that exports TCX/GPX files. Like the AmazFit Bip watch is only $70 and is a smart watch that does 10hz GPS and gives you heart rate as well. So if you want tracking on the cheap you could get an app like MXBuddy and the watch and you'll be pretty close to the CrossBox and LapKing for a fraction of the price (and with heart rate monitoring). The bad part is, of course, you'll need to sync your GPS and "health" files with whatever software you are using - where the LitPro syncs all that automatically.

The owner is going to come in and say the HZ of the device doesn't matter. So there is some debate from them whether 20hz is that much better than 10hz. But I digress.
DTR830
Fantasy
1057th
9/18/2018 9:49am
lit pro or crossbox laptiming. I love the data feedback
ricozinn
9/18/2018 10:41am
Richard from LITPro here... We think LITPro is great, but any way you can ride with lap times and other metrics is going to change your passion for riding for the better. It's crazy rewarding to be at the track working on some goal and seeing improvement (whether standing longer in to corners, not chopping the throttle coming out of corners, whatever). We're pumped to see competitors to LITPro out there at lower price points. Do what works for your budget! You'll love riding with lap time!!
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
9/18/2018 11:00am
kNewc wrote:
Looks like LapKing will start using GPS files from the likes of XGPS160 (which is around $140). That is the GPS on top of the guys...
Looks like LapKing will start using GPS files from the likes of XGPS160 (which is around $140). That is the GPS on top of the guys helmet in the latest picture. Now the XGPS 160 is only 10hz (like pretty much all sport GPS watches) while the LitPro is 20hz. Instead of the XGPS160 you can just get a GPS watch or any other GPS devices that exports TCX/GPX files. Like the AmazFit Bip watch is only $70 and is a smart watch that does 10hz GPS and gives you heart rate as well. So if you want tracking on the cheap you could get an app like MXBuddy and the watch and you'll be pretty close to the CrossBox and LapKing for a fraction of the price (and with heart rate monitoring). The bad part is, of course, you'll need to sync your GPS and "health" files with whatever software you are using - where the LitPro syncs all that automatically.

The owner is going to come in and say the HZ of the device doesn't matter. So there is some debate from them whether 20hz is that much better than 10hz. But I digress.
The owner can say what they want, but the sampling rate (Hz) absolutely matters. This is digital data logging, and in the case of GPS it records your location once per sample. Or in other works at 10Hz it records your location 10 times per second. Then the software connects the dots to show your line.

At 10Hz and riding at 30 mph, you're moving at 4.4 feet per data point. That's often the difference between two different lines, particularly when you factor in the accuracy of the GPS itself. For slower speeds it won't matter as much, but it certainly makes a difference.

20 Hz cuts that difference in half, plus I've heard that the Lit-pro uses a more accurate GPS than some of the others like Garmin. That's why I haven't bothered getting a Garmin or any similar devices. I would like to give the Lit-Pro a shot, but they only work with Apple products for some reason, so that's a no-go for me. Hoping they sort that out soon so it plays well with Android and PCs.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
9/18/2018 11:02am
I started using a LitPro at Mammoth Mx this summer, now use it everyday. Most the time I ride alone at the track and I’ve been able to push myself harder because I know when I go back and download that I want to see faster laps.

I’ve actually even used it to compare lap times when I was suspension testing to prove that certain settings helped me gain speed.

The best part is when I ride with my buddy who has one and you compare lap and segment times. Pretty sick to see the time you save trying different lines.
kNewc
9/18/2018 11:13am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2018 11:14am
kNewc wrote:
Looks like LapKing will start using GPS files from the likes of XGPS160 (which is around $140). That is the GPS on top of the guys...

Luxon MX wrote:
The owner can say what they want, but the sampling rate (Hz) absolutely matters. This is digital data logging, and in the case of GPS it...
The owner can say what they want, but the sampling rate (Hz) absolutely matters. This is digital data logging, and in the case of GPS it records your location once per sample. Or in other works at 10Hz it records your location 10 times per second. Then the software connects the dots to show your line.

At 10Hz and riding at 30 mph, you're moving at 4.4 feet per data point. That's often the difference between two different lines, particularly when you factor in the accuracy of the GPS itself. For slower speeds it won't matter as much, but it certainly makes a difference.

20 Hz cuts that difference in half, plus I've heard that the Lit-pro uses a more accurate GPS than some of the others like Garmin. That's why I haven't bothered getting a Garmin or any similar devices. I would like to give the Lit-Pro a shot, but they only work with Apple products for some reason, so that's a no-go for me. Hoping they sort that out soon so it plays well with Android and PCs.
Exactly! Yea there was a thread asking something similar a few months back where I put similar information, and the CrossBox owner came in saying that it didn't matter since they interlace the points. That was HIS argument but I think the technical specifications of how the thing operates speaks for itself. 20 points are more accurate than 10. I believe MXBuddy is out for Android (although it may be old).

LitPro currently works on 20hz and most high end vehicle lap timers go from 20hz to 50hz.
VonShofstall
9/18/2018 12:13pm
ricozinn wrote:
Richard from LITPro here... We think LITPro is great, but any way you can ride with lap times and other metrics is going to change your...
Richard from LITPro here... We think LITPro is great, but any way you can ride with lap times and other metrics is going to change your passion for riding for the better. It's crazy rewarding to be at the track working on some goal and seeing improvement (whether standing longer in to corners, not chopping the throttle coming out of corners, whatever). We're pumped to see competitors to LITPro out there at lower price points. Do what works for your budget! You'll love riding with lap time!!
Customer service from LITPro is top notch too!
9/19/2018 8:09am
kNewc wrote:

You definitely have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject of GPS tracking. I just wish you didn't end it on a presumptive note of how the LapKing guys would respond.

Here's my take on it. They have developed an application for my phone that allows me to simply track and post my laptimes to a social leaderboard. It's a few dollars a month to be able to do this. I am not in the market of tracking my heart rate, I'm not concerned with dissecting sections..

I just want to show up to the track on Saturday and park with my buddies, bang out laps during my group session, and smash cold ones between practices and rub into my buddies faces right there on my phone I am faster than they are. LapKing gives me exactly what I want, and I think the average weekend warrior will stand to enjoy this app a lot. It's a social tool to have more fun at the track. 10hz works good with me.
TeamGreen
9/19/2018 9:02am
Back to the OP's question ans for those that want to use it as a data, training and instructional tool: LITPro is simply without a legitimately comparable competitor when it comes to the ability to track detailed and usable information that compares the specifics of every line on every lap and let's you analyze the differences in each.

The software is amazing and I really love using it on an iPad.
I get length and distance of jumps.
Speed and G's.
Segments, start and finish sectors that I create.
"Start" mode allows me to pick apart the different aspects and segment of a start.
Etc., etc., etc. ...

It's the capacity and compactness of the unit AND the amazing useful software that set this thing apart. As I said...
It's THE BEST training tool for motorcross.
Period.
(I'm about to get one for another rider that needs one. It's the 4th time I've done this. I believe in these things that much.)
rmoto003
9/19/2018 9:37am
The only Lit Pro I know is

7DEUCEDEUCE
D
E
U
C
E
D
E
U
C
E
TeamGreen
9/19/2018 9:38am
rmoto003 wrote:
The only Lit Pro I know is

7DEUCEDEUCE
D
E
U
C
E
D
E
U
C
E
Nice!
kNewc
9/19/2018 11:37am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2018 11:45am
kNewc wrote:

You definitely have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject of GPS tracking. I just wish you didn't end it on a presumptive note of...
You definitely have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject of GPS tracking. I just wish you didn't end it on a presumptive note of how the LapKing guys would respond.

Here's my take on it. They have developed an application for my phone that allows me to simply track and post my laptimes to a social leaderboard. It's a few dollars a month to be able to do this. I am not in the market of tracking my heart rate, I'm not concerned with dissecting sections..

I just want to show up to the track on Saturday and park with my buddies, bang out laps during my group session, and smash cold ones between practices and rub into my buddies faces right there on my phone I am faster than they are. LapKing gives me exactly what I want, and I think the average weekend warrior will stand to enjoy this app a lot. It's a social tool to have more fun at the track. 10hz works good with me.
It isn't a presumption. The guy from CrossBox has commented many times on my comments about this (it's the dude from CrossBox not LapKings). Which I think (both) are a really good bundle and works great for how much it cost. I'm also not bashing any single one of them. I'm just stating the differences and the different price points. There are tons of dudes that know nothing about what I typed at all, so maybe I got some guys interested in some not so "out of box" configured lap devices. I bet a lot of guys didn't know you could use almost any GPS device that exports those file types mentioned. Just suggestion alternatives. I should have stated "if you are looking for a cheaper alternative". I agree that didn't read as positive as it could have lol.
VMonteleone
9/19/2018 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2018 1:39pm
Hey guys, Vince Monteleone here, one of the co-founders of LapKing. This is an amazing thing to see, a bulletin of conversation regarding multiple offerings in the GPS/Lap Time app category for the world of motocross. The LapKing team has grown major respect to the other app offerings, as each is very impressive given the environment we are all competing in.

As everyone has opined in on the Dual XGPS160 unit, I will steer away from repeating the same metrics and capabilities of this device. One thing is for sure, the Dual unit gets the job done for the concept Lapking is all about, and that is, amplifying the level of fun on any given day of practice at the motocross track. Whether you are riding alone or with a group of buddies, the "arcade like" experience through the app offering provides for awesome times and solid smack talk with your riding crew.

One feature we take pride in is Lapking's "private group racing" feature. This allows racers of all skill levels and ages to create their own group leaderboard, resulting in the most action you can imagine on a regular practice day. We like to think of our offering as "The motorsports reality arcade." With that being said, Lapking is intended to inject more fun in the sport, not necessarily be used as a training aid. Although, we are all about seeing progression each lap we record, as our test riders over the past 8 months have seen significant improvement!

LapKing is all about the fun and pushing each others limits. Let's go throw some heaters!

www.lapkingracing.com
Helda
9/19/2018 4:18pm
The shit thing with LitPro us they only work on an iOS app and I have android...when they have an android app I'll buy one...
Helda
9/19/2018 4:27pm
Hey guys, Vince Monteleone here, one of the co-founders of LapKing. This is an amazing thing to see, a bulletin of conversation regarding multiple offerings in...
Hey guys, Vince Monteleone here, one of the co-founders of LapKing. This is an amazing thing to see, a bulletin of conversation regarding multiple offerings in the GPS/Lap Time app category for the world of motocross. The LapKing team has grown major respect to the other app offerings, as each is very impressive given the environment we are all competing in.

As everyone has opined in on the Dual XGPS160 unit, I will steer away from repeating the same metrics and capabilities of this device. One thing is for sure, the Dual unit gets the job done for the concept Lapking is all about, and that is, amplifying the level of fun on any given day of practice at the motocross track. Whether you are riding alone or with a group of buddies, the "arcade like" experience through the app offering provides for awesome times and solid smack talk with your riding crew.

One feature we take pride in is Lapking's "private group racing" feature. This allows racers of all skill levels and ages to create their own group leaderboard, resulting in the most action you can imagine on a regular practice day. We like to think of our offering as "The motorsports reality arcade." With that being said, Lapking is intended to inject more fun in the sport, not necessarily be used as a training aid. Although, we are all about seeing progression each lap we record, as our test riders over the past 8 months have seen significant improvement!

LapKing is all about the fun and pushing each others limits. Let's go throw some heaters!

www.lapkingracing.com
Seems lap king us iOS only also....
Helda
9/19/2018 4:31pm
Same as cross box, it looks identical to Lap King

Post a reply to: Lit pro

The Latest