List of MX Tracks that closed

logan_140
3/4/2019 6:43pm
I seen lakeside Mx just closed down in SC. Owner died and the kids didn’t wanna renew the lease..
HusqFan3
3/5/2019 8:44am
HusqFan3 wrote:
Cadillac is still open as well. Although because of legal issues they’re limited to like 2 weekends a year. Rode it last June actually and along...
Cadillac is still open as well. Although because of legal issues they’re limited to like 2 weekends a year. Rode it last June actually and along with Washougal and Riverdale, my top 3 favorite tracks in WA
Wade221 wrote:
The Cadillac thing is frustrating since it’s only about a 12 minute drive from my house. At the least the Ridge and Grays Harbor are close
You should consider yourself lucky. Living just outside Seattle i have Evergreen and Pacific 45min away. Both are better than nothing but neither is much to write home about. Other than that it’s a 5hr round trip to any decent track. Ridge, Riverdale, I90 MX, etc.
JAFO92
3/5/2019 8:50am
In the Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas area there have been many track closures over the years. Montalba ( sand track), Athins ( SX sand track), 4 states...
In the Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas area there have been many track closures over the years.
Montalba ( sand track), Athins ( SX sand track), 4 states, Hwy 1, Pecan Orchard, Dukdale, Dutch John, Red K,
Johnsonvill, Magnolia, Pine Bluff, The Boys Club, Collyville, Whitney, Haughton, Victoria, HWY 290, Splindora and many many others that I just can't come up with the names right now.

Paw Paw
Sweetd31 wrote:
Splendora was great

I will add J5 mx in San Ysidro, New Mexico right outside of Albuquerque, and Otero County MX in Tularosa, New Mexico

If you go back a bit, the old Conroe track that was across from where 3 Palms is now. I rode the Conroe track as much as Rio in the late 70s.

Also CrossCreek in Paige, Mills Road in Houston, Lakeside in Bastrop.
bonseff
3/5/2019 8:58am
In the Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas area there have been many track closures over the years. Montalba ( sand track), Athins ( SX sand track), 4 states...
In the Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas area there have been many track closures over the years.
Montalba ( sand track), Athins ( SX sand track), 4 states, Hwy 1, Pecan Orchard, Dukdale, Dutch John, Red K,
Johnsonvill, Magnolia, Pine Bluff, The Boys Club, Collyville, Whitney, Haughton, Victoria, HWY 290, Splindora and many many others that I just can't come up with the names right now.

Paw Paw
You cant forget Mossier Valley
USA wrote:
290 MX made the list.. first track I ever spun laps around! I loved that place. The dirt was hard pack most of the time and...
290 MX made the list.. first track I ever spun laps around! I loved that place. The dirt was hard pack most of the time and dusty. Track was about 1.2 miles long and I could still draw the layout complete with obstacles from memory. Some of my best racing memories are from that track! Also, Wednesday night practices there were so much fun, my dad and I must have gone to about 100 Wednesdays. Some moran started working at/running the track towards the end and drove it to the ground around 2009 or ‘10 or something.

Don’t know how 290 started, but when I started going there in 2002, seems like guys were saying the track started in 97. There was a pretty nice Supercross track there too that local pros would practice on, was always cool to see. Because of that I can say I’ve at least rolled around a Supercross track Tongue

I thought Splendora was still open, but it could be just a 4 wheeler place now. That track was my absolute favorite place to ride; great red dirt/clay kinda like Swan, sweet layout, fun jumps, nice lush greenery. Seems like they never have been open very often, I’ll have to go ride there sometime if they still do bikes.

Another sweet track that closed was Clutch City. Sandy track but not super deep. I remember it had a front main track and then a sandy whooped out national-style track. Really cool place with awesome tracks, I remember watching Charles Castloo and Kyle Phoenix rip around that national track jumping these two tabletops like a double and I was just in awe that anyone would even think to do that! Don’t know when it opened but I think it closed in 2006, someone on here probably has more information, cool place.

Cornerstone MX (I believe was the name) opened like 10 minutes from 290 and that place had some nice dirt with sand mixed in (kinda like how 3 Palms is now FWIW) they opened around 2008 or ‘09 it seems but I don’t remember how long they were around.

There was a track that I always just called “Mills Road” that was run by Emil (sorry if spelled wrong) who then went on to open 3 Palms. There’s some apartments where that track was now. Wish it could have stayed open longer, we could hear the track on race days at my parents’ house. Don’t remember much about this one but it must have closed in like 2000 or ‘01.

Southwest MX was around for a while, closed in 2010 or ‘11. Pretty fun track but a little tight and narrow. Only track I was ever interviewed after the motos though so that was always fun for me. Not sure when they opened, but they were in the Rosenberg area. Looking on Google Maps I can still make out the giant tabletop/step up that was the biggest jump at the track.

There have been tracks that closed down and then came back, like Rio Bravo, Highlands MX (now Freedom MX), Skeeter motocross park. I had a shirt from Skeeter with Ronnie Jackson on the back I believe from 2002 that I lost in Harvey, I had it displayed in my man-cave so I saw it every day too hah.

I know my dad has pictures of most of these tracks, maybe I can get him to post some. All of these tracks were in the greater Houston area. I might think of some more and I’ll post what I can remember, it would be nice to preserve so,e history somehow. Seems like so many tracks have closed over the years, and just looking at my list, that’s at least 5 good tracks that we can’t ride at anymore.

Off topic, but, I’m just getting back into riding again, do we have any options in the Houston-area to ride at besides Freedom, 3 Palms, Skeeter and Underground? And Rio whenever the rain finally slows down, can’t believe it’s been like 4 months of this. Shit even if anyone knows of any off road or trails or anything..

Mills road was a fav of mine back in the day!

The Shop

Middleside
3/5/2019 12:13pm
Wow. Lots of tracks.. What I got from this was anyone who runs a track is a damn hero.

You're going to have 1,000s hate you, city and county people against you.
People trying to shut you down.
Probably going to lose money .
Be a lot of work as well and for really not much reward except making a few happy...and then even a lot will bitch about the conditions.

JustMX
3/5/2019 12:43pm
Parker valley, nc
Shelby sx, nc
Morganton sx, nc
Anderson sx, sc
Dollywood, tn
Hidden acres, tn
3/5/2019 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2019 4:13pm
Burnt ridge mx - wa Alderdale mx - wa - track was only open a couple years in 04 05 was unique because it ran up...
Burnt ridge mx - wa

Alderdale mx - wa - track was only open a couple years in 04 05 was unique because it ran up n down through a ravine.

Sky river mx - wa

Dairyland mx - the one in Snohomish not the sky river location. - wa

Mud slingers - wa

Toes mx - wa

Oak harbor mx - wa - the one in the guys back yard not the new one that just opened in a different spot.

The one by Yakima area forget the name of it.

Jolly rogers mx - wa - i didn't forget about it.

Puyallup mx - wa

Oakwood arena- that like small indoor

Longview mx - wa

Any others I'm forgetting Wa state riders?
Doddy wrote:
I had no idea there was one in Snohomish. That's a shame. Pretty close to me.
Yes it was short lived back in like 04 05 john beal ran it. It was just outside of town heading towards hwy 2 up behind the baseball fields right next to the railroad tracks and the river.

John orginally started the track in monroe behind the prison before that other guy took it over. I forget when that got shut down 07 08? And he tried for many years to get a teack opened in granite falls in a old rock quarry. But eventually gave up it looked like it was going to happen in 2013 but this damn environmental group kept filling lawsuits.

Snohomish county officials approved it i still don't know how it ended up in a king county superior court. But the loser greenie judge determined the snoho county officials zoned it wrong. Which put everything right back to square one basically.

As for burnt ridge the guy who ran it just got tired of doing it and stopped. Might have had something to do with his kid also stopped racing. I went to the last practice think it was 2014 or 15 maybe. It's still there but no one is running it.
wnorton729
Fantasy
1931st
3/5/2019 4:38pm

Paw Paw
Sweetd31 wrote:
Splendora was great

I will add J5 mx in San Ysidro, New Mexico right outside of Albuquerque, and Otero County MX in Tularosa, New Mexico

Splendora is usually one of the rounds in District 20 and once in a blue moon Mr. Manshack will open it. Always enjoy it there!
Recently Rio Bravo has shut down, but I could see it back open eventually...
Cowboy Badlands shut down years ago
I believe it was called Bayou mx..AKA (Old Beaumont) behind the rice towers. Shut down for years.
Longhorn mx was in orange, use to be an old night club that burned down, turned into a mx track for a quite a few years..

Also, anyone on here remember IH10 fun run??? Right off the interstate in between Beaumont and Houston..
MxRewind
3/6/2019 9:03am
RI- mx691

SC- Hog Heaven

MA- Attleboro (think it was called souliers)
Rehoboth (not sure of the name)

ME- Eaton Mountain
Bull Run
mxer807
3/6/2019 9:22am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I was drawing a blank but knew there were WAAAAY more that I couldn't think of. Can't believe that many tracks have come and gone. Every...
I was drawing a blank but knew there were WAAAAY more that I couldn't think of. Can't believe that many tracks have come and gone. Every time we drive to Ventura I look over at where Indian Dunes was and can picture all the stories my dad has told me over the years.
I forgot on the SoCal list: Starwest RynoLand/Ranch Corona Raceway OCIR Butterfield BayMar Zaca Station (more central California) We've had a lot of tracks in So...
I forgot on the SoCal list:

Starwest
RynoLand/Ranch
Corona Raceway
OCIR
Butterfield
BayMar
Zaca Station (more central California)

We've had a lot of tracks in So Cal. Glad there are still a few open.
Saddle back
Piru
Motorplex In Adelanto
OG Lacr
VMC (Victorville motocross complex formerly Adrenaline)
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/6/2019 9:25am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I was drawing a blank but knew there were WAAAAY more that I couldn't think of. Can't believe that many tracks have come and gone. Every...
I was drawing a blank but knew there were WAAAAY more that I couldn't think of. Can't believe that many tracks have come and gone. Every time we drive to Ventura I look over at where Indian Dunes was and can picture all the stories my dad has told me over the years.
I forgot on the SoCal list: Starwest RynoLand/Ranch Corona Raceway OCIR Butterfield BayMar Zaca Station (more central California) We've had a lot of tracks in So...

Starwest
RynoLand/Ranch
Corona Raceway
OCIR
Butterfield
BayMar

mxer807 wrote:
Saddle back
Piru
Motorplex In Adelanto
OG Lacr
Can't forget Stoddard Wells in Victorville
333 MX Park
coastie44
3/6/2019 11:07am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 11:10am

Paw Paw
Sweetd31 wrote:
Splendora was great

I lived in the woodlands back in the early 2000’s and would go to Splendora on Saturday and Three Palms on Sunday. And Highlands on Thursday’s.

Man that was awesome.

And on special weekends )wife out of town), Three Palms on Friday nights.
JAFO92
3/7/2019 8:53am
wnorton729 wrote:
Splendora is usually one of the rounds in District 20 and once in a blue moon Mr. Manshack will open it. Always enjoy it there! Recently...
Splendora is usually one of the rounds in District 20 and once in a blue moon Mr. Manshack will open it. Always enjoy it there!
Recently Rio Bravo has shut down, but I could see it back open eventually...
Cowboy Badlands shut down years ago
I believe it was called Bayou mx..AKA (Old Beaumont) behind the rice towers. Shut down for years.
Longhorn mx was in orange, use to be an old night club that burned down, turned into a mx track for a quite a few years..

Also, anyone on here remember IH10 fun run??? Right off the interstate in between Beaumont and Houston..
Danny is doing some renovation: http://www.riobravomx.com/

Mick 22
11/8/2021 7:03am
OldPro277 wrote:
In Pa--- Penny Hollow Park, Aliquippa Pa-- My favorite track back in the day. A lot of elevation change and a lot of tree coverage, great...
In Pa--- Penny Hollow Park, Aliquippa Pa-- My favorite track back in the day. A lot of elevation change and a lot of tree coverage, great dirt.

Hot Shoe Park , Prospect Pa-- Our own version of Mt Saint Helen was located at this track ,directly after the first turn!! Really spread out the pack quickly.

Rocky Ridge--- pretty much says it all, hard-packed ,rocky, dusty-- hated it !!!

Country Springs, New Alexandria ,Pa.-- not a bad layout, had a section similar to Unadilla's gravity cavity.

Harbor Woods, New Castle, Pa-- don't remember much except the lake that the track wrapper around.

Freedom Acres, Butler area? -- Don't remember much about this one either

Keystone Raceway, New Alexandria--- shared the facility with the Drag strip.

Shoaf MX, Uniontown , Pa (?)-- I remember good dirt here ,but not much else.

Steel City, Delmont ,Pa--- obviously a big one

That's 9 really good local MX tracks that were all located within roughly a 1 hour drive from us. Crazy to think that was how good we had it back then . And every race was packed !!!! A lot of the time we even had to run qualifier heats for the A class !!!

Brings back some great memories Old Pro.

I raced and won at ALL of your western PA listing except for Hot Shoe -never even heard of that one, although I'm pretty sure that Freedom Acres was in/near Prospect.

I used to kick ass especially at Country Springs. If I can find my old pics - I raced in 1977, '78 and '79, I'll put them up. They ran CS routinely in both directions, and that Gravity Cavity used to launch you WAY UP when moving "backwards".

I agree with you, Penny Hollow in Aliquippa and Shoaf near Uniontown had the best dirt. One time at PH, I got hit so hard in the first turn. Came back from Last to 3rd or 4th? I think Timmy Coombs is who ran me over!
Skerby
11/8/2021 7:10am
Burnt ridge mx - wa Alderdale mx - wa - track was only open a couple years in 04 05 was unique because it ran up...
Burnt ridge mx - wa

Alderdale mx - wa - track was only open a couple years in 04 05 was unique because it ran up n down through a ravine.

Sky river mx - wa

Dairyland mx - the one in Snohomish not the sky river location. - wa

Mud slingers - wa

Toes mx - wa

Oak harbor mx - wa - the one in the guys back yard not the new one that just opened in a different spot.

The one by Yakima area forget the name of it.

Jolly rogers mx - wa - i didn't forget about it.

Puyallup mx - wa

Oakwood arena- that like small indoor

Longview mx - wa

Any others I'm forgetting Wa state riders?
You could add I-90 mx to that list. Maybe big D gets something going in that area again I hope. Toe's mx was an institution.
TeamFlannel
11/8/2021 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 11/8/2021 12:42pm
Illinois
WAPELLA club member, home track, don’t realize what you had till it’s gone-subdivision now
HARDING loved that place, crossing the creek to get to the pits could be an adventure
SHELBYVILLE too young to ride there but I’ve never heard a bad word about it
MAPLEHURST we called it Maplerock, fun on 500
EFFINGHAM cool layout
SPARLAND another don’t know what you got till it’s gone-fun hill’s
ROSAMOND one and done
RUSHVILLE won my first overall there
CARTHAGE so flat you could see the curvature of the earth
CANTON Great track fun layout
WESTVILLE loved the dirt.visited track last year while spectating the hillclimb, what a shame, rotting, cut short, and in decay
TERRE HAUTE NORTH paid Dist 17 points fun layout good clay track
TERRE HAUTE SOUTH dug that sand man, short but fun
DANVILLE
BUFFALO ROCK fast open layout, miss the trails greatly
BEAVERVILLE never raced there but my buddy talk about dust bowl
OTTERVILLE one season and done, first 500A overall there👍🏻Fun layout
KEITHSBURG home of single national Moto-x. was scared to ride there 83’, wished I had, rode many hare scramble and practice there in winter-love that sugar sand👍🏻👍🏻
34moto894
11/8/2021 1:04pm
Other mentioned Blue Diamond, Speed Citi (I knew it as Seaford MX), and Mountaineer was such a fun track.

How about Currituck MX on the way to the Outer Banks south of Virginia Beach/Norfolk?

gharmon
11/9/2021 3:24pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2021 3:26pm
brody wrote:
AMP mx in alabama
Was my favorite track when it was open! What is the story on it closing? It was only open a year or two wasn’t it?
brody wrote:
think it was like 2-3, My buddy tim pressley owned it, i asked him about it and he said, him and his wife were done driving...
think it was like 2-3,
My buddy tim pressley owned it, i asked him about it and he said, him and his wife were done driving from ga to Alabama every weekend, and he didnt want that for his kids so he called it quits.
also said he wasnet making enough money to make it worth it, he said If the AMA dosent want you in your not ever going to be in. His track was a national caliber track but the AMA didnt want to look at it for events.

took a trip over there with him and the place was overgrown and was not what it was back in the day.

Favorite track by far.
Didnt matt shu build it and run it? Pretty sure after AMP closed he built another pretty good track in Wadley. AL. I found it it was called Synergy. It too only lasted a couple years. Cannot think of the name off top of my head though.
I live on the Ga/Al line and tracks ive seen go are Big Cedar (valley, Al.) Coyota run (parrot, Ga between columbus and albany)
We used to go to hillbilly hills,
ICR was a sand track in warner robbins
Those were all fun tracks
Im sure im missing some.
gharmon
11/9/2021 3:35pm
Georgia

ICR
Hillbilly Hills
Bremen
X-Track (lawrenceville)
Lanier MX
106 MX

There used to be onr headed up I75. Cant remember butbitvwas on the right side (heading north) somewhere near Calhoun/dalton? Diamond head, diamondback. Cant remember though. Saw it for tears but never rode there. I cannot believe i forgot Bremen. Shit, probably the one my boys rode the most and i forgot it.
11/9/2021 4:34pm
Georgia

ICR
Hillbilly Hills
Bremen
X-Track (lawrenceville)
Lanier MX
106 MX

gharmon wrote:
There used to be onr headed up I75. Cant remember butbitvwas on the right side (heading north) somewhere near Calhoun/dalton? Diamond head, diamondback. Cant remember though...
There used to be onr headed up I75. Cant remember butbitvwas on the right side (heading north) somewhere near Calhoun/dalton? Diamond head, diamondback. Cant remember though. Saw it for tears but never rode there. I cannot believe i forgot Bremen. Shit, probably the one my boys rode the most and i forgot it.
Oh yeah... It was in Resaca, on the left side of 75 as you go north. The tracks were flatistan and hardpack, dusty af, but there was a lot of land to ride on.
plano67
11/10/2021 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2021 2:26pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Starwest
RynoLand/Ranch
Corona Raceway
OCIR
Butterfield
BayMar

mxer807 wrote:
Saddle back
Piru
Motorplex In Adelanto
OG Lacr
Castaic track
Milestone
Comp Edge
Racetown
AV motoplex
😢😢😢
JBlain619
11/11/2021 5:55am
Here's the track that was in Resaca, you can faintly make out part of the old MX track https://www.google.com/maps/place/Resaca,+GA/@34.5679467,-84.9482503,848m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x885fe3bac21ecd05:0xb618c9d65aaa9200!8m2!3d34.5804222!4d-84.9435359 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/11/09/517782/s1200_Screenshot_at_2021_11_09_19_42_06.jpg[/img]
Here's the track that was in Resaca, you can faintly make out part of the old MX track
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Resaca,+GA/@34.5679467,-84.9482503,84…

There was also a race track in Resaca called Resaca Beach. It was around in the mid 80's(86-87ish). Awesome track had a big money race that Turpin, Liles, Tommy Watts, and other fast guys showed up at. I remember hearing it shut down because of watering issues.

We also had a pretty rough practice track in Conyers, that looking back on, was awesome. Especially after a rain. Hated that thing when I had to ride it all the time. Miss it now though.
J-Rock27
11/12/2021 5:54pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Competition Park
Competitive Edge
AV Motoplex
Lemon Grove/Maxx Track/Piru MX/MX126 depending on how old you are.
Add to the So Cal list
Carlsbad
Saddleback
Saddleback 2
Indian Dunes
Ascot
DeAnza
Rainbow
Escape Country
Racing World
El Cajon
212 Land
Amago

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Plus Dehesa, Southbay Park Speedway, Four Corners in Ramona
11/12/2021 9:15pm
Does anybody know where that Lake Huron track where David Bailey got hurt at was? Always wondered. Could never find any information on it
11/13/2021 5:32am

Paw Paw
I've been racing since 1974. Several years ago I made a list of all the tracks that I had raced at in Arkansas. Over 50 tracks that are now closed. Nobody believes me. Pretty sure not one closed because they became millionaires and retired.
ccstrebe
11/13/2021 12:18pm
Arizona- a few that i can remember Speedworld Grindingstone Deer Valley Cycle Park Thunder Valley Thunder Raceway Legend City Thrasherland Verde Valley Mx Beeline Saguaro Raceway...
Arizona- a few that i can remember

Speedworld
Grindingstone
Deer Valley Cycle Park
Thunder Valley
Thunder Raceway
Legend City
Thrasherland
Verde Valley Mx
Beeline
Saguaro Raceway
Moto Grande