3/3/2019 11:19am Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 6:20pm
Any old-school Virginia/Maryland riders will remember legendary tracks like:

Aquasco
White Oak
Antietam
Mountaineer
Crossup
3/3/2019 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2019 5:37pm
How about the second-largest Motocross state in the union next to California... Rhode Island. Pinetop Motocross, Escoheag Rhode Island site of the 1978 125 500 National. One race done.

Also in nearby Massachusetts, Lunenburg and Pepperell. Gone.
3/3/2019 5:39pm
JBecker 72 wrote:
Mountaineer in WV was a lot of fun. Sadly they had some close neighbors and they shut down once the 4 stroke craze was in full...
Mountaineer in WV was a lot of fun. Sadly they had some close neighbors and they shut down once the 4 stroke craze was in full swing.
There was more to it than that I think
Karlsrad
3/3/2019 5:54pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Competition Park
Competitive Edge
AV Motoplex
Lemon Grove/Maxx Track/Piru MX/MX126 depending on how old you are.
Add to the So Cal list
Carlsbad
Saddleback
Saddleback 2
Indian Dunes
Ascot
DeAnza
Rainbow
Escape Country
Racing World
El Cajon
212 Land
Amago

Amago is not closed, it’s just not very goodTongue

The Shop

3/3/2019 6:57pm
Crossup wrote:
How about the second-largest Motocross state in the union next to California... Rhode Island. Pinetop Motocross, Escoheag Rhode Island site of the 1978 125 500 National...
How about the second-largest Motocross state in the union next to California... Rhode Island. Pinetop Motocross, Escoheag Rhode Island site of the 1978 125 500 National. One race done.

Glad I got to see that national! I started racing the year after pepperall closed.
Braz
Fantasy
1033rd
3/3/2019 7:37pm
Burnt ridge mx - wa Alderdale mx - wa - track was only open a couple years in 04 05 was unique because it ran up...
Burnt ridge mx - wa

Alderdale mx - wa - track was only open a couple years in 04 05 was unique because it ran up n down through a ravine.

Sky river mx - wa

Dairyland mx - the one in Snohomish not the sky river location. - wa

Mud slingers - wa

Toes mx - wa

Oak harbor mx - wa - the one in the guys back yard not the new one that just opened in a different spot.

The one by Yakima area forget the name of it.

Jolly rogers mx - wa - i didn't forget about it.

Puyallup mx - wa

Oakwood arena- that like small indoor

Longview mx - wa

Any others I'm forgetting Wa state riders?
Also have lost a few arenacross tracks...

321Moto- Woodland, WA no races, just an indoor practice track

Lynwood Motoplex- Lynnwood, WA sort of like 321 don’t believe their were races run here

RMC Renton Motorcycles- Renton, WA pretty cool deal, indoor track attached to dealership with restaurant up above overlooking.

Puyallup Fairgrounds AX- I believe there were some practices but mostly temporarily built for northwest race series. Ran inside rodeo arena.

Cadillac Ranch- Rainier, WA super cool track cut out of some rolling farm hills, primo dirt. Never really got off the ground due to neighbors but they do still run a once or twice a year “ride party” as allowed by the county.
3/3/2019 7:53pm
Burnt ridge mx - wa Alderdale mx - wa - track was only open a couple years in 04 05 was unique because it ran up...
Burnt ridge mx - wa

Alderdale mx - wa - track was only open a couple years in 04 05 was unique because it ran up n down through a ravine.

Sky river mx - wa

Mud slingers - wa

Toes mx - wa

Oak harbor mx - wa - the one in the guys back yard not the new one that just opened in a different spot.

Puyallup mx - wa

Longview mx - wa

Braz wrote:
Also have lost a few arenacross tracks... 321Moto- Woodland, WA no races, just an indoor practice track Lynwood Motoplex- Lynnwood, WA sort of like 321 don’t...

Lynwood Motoplex- Lynnwood, WA sort of like 321 don’t believe their were races run here

RMC Renton Motorcycles- Renton, WA pretty cool deal, indoor track attached to dealership with restaurant up above overlooking.

Puyallup Fairgrounds AX- I believe there were some practices but mostly temporarily built for northwest race series. Ran inside rodeo arena.

Cadillac Ranch- Rainier, WA super cool track cut out of some rolling farm hills, primo dirt. Never really got off the ground due to neighbors but they do still run a once or twice a year “ride party” as allowed by the county.
Oh yea the indoors tracks rode them all and Cadillac. Just reminded me that Clark county stopped a couple of years ago too. Not sure if 5th gear pinned is still going.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
3/3/2019 7:59pm
AMP in Adelanto.. awesome good sized sandy track. i haven't seen or talked to Andy in way too long....
C.Worthy
3/3/2019 10:39pm
Victorville Motocross Complex. You can still see the remnants from the 15 fwy.
Crossup
3/4/2019 7:15am
Crossup wrote:
How about the second-largest Motocross state in the union next to California... Rhode Island. Pinetop Motocross, Escoheag Rhode Island site of the 1978 125 500 National...

Glad I got to see that national! I started racing the year after pepperall closed.
Yes, probably the rockiest track in the history of US Nationals. Some of those rocks could have killed someone.

I bought a Bolex Super 8 Sound movie camera and filmed the entire race from pits opening to podium!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/4/2019 8:15am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Competition Park
Competitive Edge
AV Motoplex
Lemon Grove/Maxx Track/Piru MX/MX126 depending on how old you are.
Add to the So Cal list
Carlsbad
Saddleback
Saddleback 2
Indian Dunes
Ascot
DeAnza
Rainbow
Escape Country
Racing World
El Cajon
212 Land
Amago

Karlsrad wrote:
Amago is not closed, it’s just not very goodTongue
Where is Amago? Never heard of it
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/4/2019 8:19am
JWRM wrote:
Starwest MX and Competition Park in SoCal come to mind. My first job was at Starwest when I was 13, and I spent many many many...
Starwest MX and Competition Park in SoCal come to mind. My first job was at Starwest when I was 13, and I spent many many many hours at Comp Park. It's a shame to see them plowed and dead.
I spent a lot of time at Comp Park on 60's and a little on 80's. I was only 10 the last time I rode there just before they closed. I broke my wrist over jumping one of the table tops down the finish straight. Miss that place. I have a lot of memories from that track. Hanging out and eating lunchables with Mike and Jeff Alessi when we all rode 60's, riding with my dad and his friends.
michriddle109
3/4/2019 8:28am
Elbows wrote:
I sure do! Man that was a rough track. They had some big races there. Billy Liles would usually show up for the big money races...
I sure do! Man that was a rough track. They had some big races there. Billy Liles would usually show up for the big money races and smoke everyone.
JustMX wrote:
Raced there starting in 83. Was really a fun track, but the first turn was kind of crazy. Fast and blind. How long has it been...
Raced there starting in 83.

Was really a fun track, but the first turn was kind of crazy. Fast and blind.

How long has it been closed? I went there with a buddy that was racing A classes for the labor day race, I am thinking it was 88, or 89.
Closed early 90s best I can remember
Jbulz
Fantasy
4069th
3/4/2019 8:31am
NY
Ace MX
Diamondback (later called AK Farms)
Southwoods (2 or 3 different locations?)
CT
Rocky Hill
Mototown USA
Moto88
3/4/2019 8:40am
Here’s one some Sr SoCal vets may remember... Malainey’s in Santa Barbara! (? Spelling)
OldPro277
3/4/2019 8:41am
In Pa--- Penny Hollow Park, Aliquippa Pa-- My favorite track back in the day. A lot of elevation change and a lot of tree coverage, great dirt.

Hot Shoe Park , Prospect Pa-- Our own version of Mt Saint Helen was located at this track ,directly after the first turn!! Really spread out the pack quickly.

Rocky Ridge--- pretty much says it all, hard-packed ,rocky, dusty-- hated it !!!

Country Springs, New Alexandria ,Pa.-- not a bad layout, had a section similar to Unadilla's gravity cavity.

Harbor Woods, New Castle, Pa-- don't remember much except the lake that the track wrapper around.

Freedom Acres, Butler area? -- Don't remember much about this one either

Keystone Raceway, New Alexandria--- shared the facility with the Drag strip.

Shoaf MX, Uniontown , Pa (?)-- I remember good dirt here ,but not much else.

Steel City, Delmont ,Pa--- obviously a big one

That's 9 really good local MX tracks that were all located within roughly a 1 hour drive from us. Crazy to think that was how good we had it back then . And every race was packed !!!! A lot of the time we even had to run qualifier heats for the A class !!!

3/4/2019 8:56am
TNT Motorsports - Chester, SC Mike Andrews MX - Concord, NC Robbins Ridge - Polkton, NC (Dirt City USA now, but not at all what it...
TNT Motorsports - Chester, SC
Mike Andrews MX - Concord, NC
Robbins Ridge - Polkton, NC (Dirt City USA now, but not at all what it used to be)
I logged many a lap at TNT, after Barb passed, nobody else wanted the headache, I suppose. I think she kept it open longer than it should have, from an economic standpoint, but I loved that place. Never cared for Foggy Bottom/Robbins Ridge...etc in Polkton, was always way more ATV friendly when I went. CAW is good now, but not the same. MX tracks weren't very good last time I went, trails were decent, although not marked very well in some places.
Wade221
3/4/2019 9:54am
OldPro277 wrote:
In Pa--- Penny Hollow Park, Aliquippa Pa-- My favorite track back in the day. A lot of elevation change and a lot of tree coverage, great...
In Pa--- Penny Hollow Park, Aliquippa Pa-- My favorite track back in the day. A lot of elevation change and a lot of tree coverage, great dirt.

Hot Shoe Park , Prospect Pa-- Our own version of Mt Saint Helen was located at this track ,directly after the first turn!! Really spread out the pack quickly.

Rocky Ridge--- pretty much says it all, hard-packed ,rocky, dusty-- hated it !!!

Country Springs, New Alexandria ,Pa.-- not a bad layout, had a section similar to Unadilla's gravity cavity.

Harbor Woods, New Castle, Pa-- don't remember much except the lake that the track wrapper around.

Freedom Acres, Butler area? -- Don't remember much about this one either

Keystone Raceway, New Alexandria--- shared the facility with the Drag strip.

Shoaf MX, Uniontown , Pa (?)-- I remember good dirt here ,but not much else.

Steel City, Delmont ,Pa--- obviously a big one

That's 9 really good local MX tracks that were all located within roughly a 1 hour drive from us. Crazy to think that was how good we had it back then . And every race was packed !!!! A lot of the time we even had to run qualifier heats for the A class !!!

Natalie’s old track, 153 Raceway in Houtzdale
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
3/4/2019 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2019 2:02pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Out the 76 past the 15. It's on a reservation. Rarely prepped but cheap. Usually $10.00 if someone's even around to take your money. We took our son and his friends there quite a bit when they were getting used to their 250f's after coming off an 85. This pic is about as good a prep as you'll get there lol

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/4/2019 2:09pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
sumdood wrote:
Out the 76 past the 15. It's on a reservation. Rarely prepped but cheap. Usually $10.00 if someone's even around to take your money. We took...
Out the 76 past the 15. It's on a reservation. Rarely prepped but cheap. Usually $10.00 if someone's even around to take your money. We took our son and his friends there quite a bit when they were getting used to their 250f's after coming off an 85. This pic is about as good a prep as you'll get there lol

Thanks Bill!
crf250pilot
3/4/2019 2:20pm
Arizona- a few that i can remember

Speedworld
Grindingstone
Deer Valley Cycle Park
Thunder Valley
Thunder Raceway
Legend City
Thrasherland
Verde Valley Mx
Beeline
Saguaro Raceway
Moto Grande

Doddy
3/4/2019 2:30pm
Burnt ridge mx - wa

Sky river mx - wa

Mud slingers - wa

Toes mx - wa

Puyallup mx - wa

Longview mx - wa

I had no idea there was one in Snohomish. That's a shame. Pretty close to me.
HusqFan3
3/4/2019 5:04pm
Burnt ridge mx - wa

Sky river mx - wa

Mud slingers - wa

Toes mx - wa

Puyallup mx - wa

Longview mx - wa

I live just outside Seattle but only started riding a year ago so to see this list brings a tear to my eye. I’ve heard Burnt Ridge was pretty epic. That said, oak harbor is still there unless he closed it since i rode it this past summer...
HusqFan3
3/4/2019 5:08pm
Burnt ridge mx - wa

Sky river mx - wa

Mud slingers - wa

Toes mx - wa

Puyallup mx - wa

Longview mx - wa

Braz wrote:
Also have lost a few arenacross tracks... 321Moto- Woodland, WA no races, just an indoor practice track Lynwood Motoplex- Lynnwood, WA sort of like 321 don’t...

Cadillac is still open as well. Although because of legal issues they’re limited to like 2 weekends a year. Rode it last June actually and along with Washougal and Riverdale, my top 3 favorite tracks in WA
HusqFan3
3/4/2019 5:11pm
Burnt ridge mx - wa

Sky river mx - wa

Mud slingers - wa

Toes mx - wa

Puyallup mx - wa

Longview mx - wa

Braz wrote:

Sorry missed the 2nd part of your post stating exactly what i said. My bad... It is a shame the place isn’t open more though. GREAT track.
Wade221
3/4/2019 5:21pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
Cadillac is still open as well. Although because of legal issues they’re limited to like 2 weekends a year. Rode it last June actually and along...
Cadillac is still open as well. Although because of legal issues they’re limited to like 2 weekends a year. Rode it last June actually and along with Washougal and Riverdale, my top 3 favorite tracks in WA
The Cadillac thing is frustrating since it’s only about a 12 minute drive from my house. At the least the Ridge and Grays Harbor are close
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
3/4/2019 5:27pm
Seminole, Diamondback, Ona, Lockhart stadium, Pepsi Air Dania, Reddick
EngIceDave
3/4/2019 5:43pm
FLmxer wrote:
Seminole, Diamondback, Ona, Lockhart stadium, Pepsi Air Dania, Reddick
I remember those...Please allow me to go back a wee bit more....Pete Scalzo's Traveling Circuses, Hiatt Cycle Park, Amelia Earhart Park (Home to the Southernmost AMA National ever....In Hialeah, FL), Clewiston, Orlando Sports Stadium, Chicken farm (One of the original Mini O's locations), RPMC/Homestead (Where NASCAR finale is now held), Hillsboro MX (Underneath the Publix Dist center at I-95 and Hillsboro), Punta Gorda

Post a reply to: List of MX Tracks that closed

The Latest